- Business Analyst wif over 7 years of IT experience focused Banking, Insurance, Healthcare and Retail domains.
- Experienced in gathering Business Requirements from End Users and creating User Stories & Use Cases.
- Highly skilled in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning sessions wif Business Users and conducting/gathering requirements through Joint Application Development sessions.
- Ability to analyze and document the Business Requirements in the form of Business Requirement Document, Functional Requirement Document, Functional Specification Document, Requirement Traceability Matrix and Request for Proposal.
- Thorough understanding of preparation and use of Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) to Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Process Diagram, Activity Chart, Use Case Diagram, Sequence Diagram, Data Flow Diagram and ER Diagram.
- Extensive experience in developing/conducting Use Cases, Screen Mockups, GAP Analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis and Risk Analysis.
- Hands - on experience in reviewing Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Organizational Framework dat help to map the AS-IS and TO-BE model using the GAP Analysis and planning TEMPeffective approach to build/buy solutions to the business problems/needs/opportunities.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from project initialization to testing through project delivery, software development & implementation, management in diverse business & technical environments in accordance to the Agile Methodology.
- Ability to utilize logical, rational judgment wif a talent for understanding and evaluating many aspects of a problem and focusing on key issues.
- Proficient in broad range of technologies including business process tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and Rational Suite.
- Worked closely wif Project Stakeholders, SMEs and Technical Teams to understand and communicate the requirements & specifications for new applications.
- Coordinated well wif Analysts, Managers, Developers and Testers for complex projects during Software Development Life Cycle.
TOOLS: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RUP, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, DOORS, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS Access, MS Project, MS SharePoint, XML, Balsamig, MS Paint, Corel Draw, Facets 5.01, Rally, Erwin Data Modeler, SQL, .Net, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java, PHP, XML, HTML, DHTML, HP Quality Center, Win Runner, TOAD, Ultra Edit.
Sr. Business AnalystConfidential, Rochester, MN
- Worked closely wif the Project Manager to pla how the work can be broken down into logical components to facilitate focused and efficient requirements gathering.
- Conducted one-on-one meetings wif the project SMEs to gather the requirements. Facilitated sessions wif users and documented their changes in requests.
- Assisted Project Manager and provided regular project communications to the Project Manager and business areas.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML Diagrams (State Diagrams) using Integrated Methodology (IM), forwarded them to Stakeholders to review.
- Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the critical requirements from the user's perspective.
- Prepared Business Process Models dat included modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Facilitated business requirements gathering sessions wif the client and overlooked the creation of Use Cases/Activity Diagrams, Functional Specifications using Visio.
- Used Requisite Pro to document requirements, associate change requests wif requirements and connect requirements wif Use Cases.
- Created Business Process Workflow Diagrams wif Stakeholders throughout the Business System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Provided domain understanding and subject matter expertise of payer and/or provider business processes, business rules and operations workflow.
- Involved in complete life cycle process including Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions and developed design documents.
- Designed new process flows for the existing system as well as for the enhanced system.
- Created Wireframes for the User Interface (UI) design using Mock flow, Balsamiq, Microsoft Paint.
- Worked on developing Use Cases, Workflow and Business Process Flow Diagrams, and documented them using MS Visio.
- Customized Salesforce (SFDC) user interface to accommodate the sales department requirements.
- Worked on XML Data Mapping from loan origination systems to third party vendor systems such as Credit Card Payments, Dealer Track, Trans-Union, Salesforce, etc.
- Involved in the migration of content from old Tableau Server to new Server.
- Regularly collected and reported system statistics to management on system-relevant information dat can be used as key using CMS.
- Constantly researched best practices for health insurance issuer accreditation, reinsurance, surety bonds and risk adjustment.
- Worked in creating Test Plan, Test Cases and executing the Test Scripts. Participated in Functional Testing, Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Worked extensively wif.Net developers, Quality Assurance teams in order to review the implementation phase of the project.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, New York, NY
- Gathered business requirements and interacted wif Project Manager, Users, Designer and Developer to understand the business process to optimize and analyze the process.
- Created prototype for the authorization grid and wrote specification requirement wifin business need.
- Actively involved in SDLC process as the project followed Agile Scrum methodology.
- Facilitated JAD sessions wif Management and Users to made sure everyone was in sync wif business requirement process.
- Extensively worked wif HIPAA transaction claim of inquiry/response 276/277, CPT and HCPC Codes.
- Researched and analyzed the various steps of claim processing lifecycle to write the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document and User Stories for developer to construct the system.
- Validated Facets data models and their relationship among functional areas.
- Designed new interfaces based in business requirements and system needs.
- Worked wif data Warehouse team in data mining, identifying and locating the required data from Facets and then created data mapping document to help developer in mapping the data into the Clearinghouse.
- Defined CPT codes and authorization requirement wifin mapping document.
- Responsible for writing and optimizing SQL Queries to retrieve data and analyze data.
- Created user stories and visual design supporting the system functionality.
- Created ER-Diagram using Erwin Data Modeler.
- Responsible for coordinating effort wif testing and implementation and development/execution of test plans for UAT.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked wif the Business Users and wif different levels of management to identify Requirements, Use Cases, and to develop Functional Specifications.
- Conducted Interviews wif key Business Users, and Surveys and Brainstorming sessions wif SMEs to collect requirements and business process information utilizing the BABOK techniques.
- Supported Dovetail Payment System (DPS) wif complete documentation, noledge management, change requests, problem records and reporting.
- Executed forensic audit of foreclosure documents pertaining to collateral docs, ownership, bankruptcy, SCRA, fees, modifications.
- Designed a re-branding campaign consisting of a comprehensive marketing collateral portfolio and logo.
- Authored various Use Cases and Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Created and reviewed the Acceptance Test Cases wif the Product Management and the Development Team.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize different Stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Participated in designing requirements elicitation approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Worked wif command personnel to reserve data center floor space, appropriate power supplies and additional backup media to support the new equipment.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Served as a liaison between various business units and IT groups.
- Worked wif various COTS and worked on projects to integrate them wif already present applications.
- Conducted Architectural discussions to prepare the Proposed Architecture and provided insight in the Business Case to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Responsible for creating business workflows and processes and created management reports based on the business rules and the business case analysis.
- Supported for an inventory management value assessment to improve financial performance and the customer experience by reducing working capitals, supply chain costs and improving shelf availability.
- Performed Business Process Mapping and performed AS-IS and TO-BE Analysis.
- Worked together wif other team members in interviewing various business groups and identified and prioritized Business/Functional Requirements.
- Performed extensive data analysis wif other functional analysts on data received from various sources and in different formats.
- Worked together wif SMEs, architecture group and technical team leads to detail the interface and customized based on different user roles and functions.
- Mapped the current and proposed process and conducted thorough GAP Analysis.
- Generated Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios, Activity Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Co-authored Functional Requirements and Specification Document.
- Worked wif information architects and creative groups in detailing the wireframes and depicting GUI design.
- Assisted the database development team in data modeling, data structure and data table layouts required for consolidation of incongruent databases.
- Involved in writing Test Plan, Test Cases and Test Scripts for end-to-end testing.
- Reviewed Test Results and reported bugs/issues using Mercury Test Director.
- Assisted in UAT and end-user .
- Involved in various other enhancement initiatives to include new functionalities and redesign.
Confidential, Franklin, TN
- Used HIPAA 4010 transactions to support the analysis of current business processes and worked wif management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance.
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 related to 837,835, 270, and 271 transactions and performed Gap Analysis between the 4010 and 5010.
- Extracted the business requirements from the stakeholders keeping in mind their need for the application and documented them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Assisted Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations and assessing impact on the plans and organization using MS Project.
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology of application development wif its various workflows, artifacts, and activities.
- Analyzed business requirements; performed Gap Analysis; and segregated them into high-level and low-level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs wif designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Developed the business anomalies workarounds and described them in documentation and presented the matter to the upper management for review.
- Facilitated smooth transition of the project from the project environment to the live environment.
- Worked wif QA lead in validating Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Used HP Quality Center for tracking Defects and tracing requirement functionality performances.
- Executed Test Cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual wif expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Assisted Business User during deployment in formulating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for customized application and getting confirmation for product release.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality Attributes, and Constraint Documents.
- Interacted wif database developers for formulating the ER Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Held regular JAD meetings wif the system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure dat the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.