- Business Systems Analyst with 7 years of experience.
- Hands on experience with Waterfall/Spiral model, Agile Methodology and familiarity with the iterative Software development lifecycle principals of rational Unified Process (RUP) in the field of business analysis, business modeling, document processing, streamlining and decision support systems to manage, develop and test distributed client - server internet and intranet applications on heterogeneous environments.
- Has good knowledge of Full life cycle Software Development cycle (SDLC) including Analysis, Design and Review of Business and Software Requirement Specifications; Development and Testing as per the Iterative Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Experience in conducting requirement gathering sessions, feasibility studies and Impact Analysis, Cost/Benefit analysis and Risk Analysis, baselining acceptance criteria.
- Has involved in work environment of cross functional teams and managed sprints, executing best practices in agile methodology.
- Familiar with UML tools for creating use cases, version control, defect tracking and reporting and has the knowledge of applying SDLC methodology in all areas of a software development life cycle.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Functional Testing.
- Has knowledge of Data Flow diagrams (DFD), Flowcharts.
- Experience with Data Conversion Data Mapping, Data Analysis to derive the requirements based on pattern recognition.
Software/Hardware: MS Visio, UML, JIRA, Tableau, MS Project, MS Access, SQL, XML, MS Office suite, Supply chain and Quality Control.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Project was implemented using Agile Scrum Methodology
- Worked closely with the business teams and project teams and understood the existing application process
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions (JARs) with the Business Users to get a better understanding of the Business Processes and to create process flows and mockups
- Created Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) to help bridge communication gaps that exist between the various departments within an organization.
- Created Business Requirement document (BRD) and Functional Requirement document and maintaining the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) related document.
- Arranged walkthrough sessions with the user group to confirm that all the requirements has been captured and obtained sign off on all the documents.
- Created flowcharts, wireframes and mockups during design phase for Graphic User Interface (GUI) of the product.
- Interacted with clients to finalize the product screens and contents through Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Validated and created the test case documents and conducted walkthroughs with the business users for any changes required.
- Verified and tracked test cases through IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), IBM Rational Quality manager (RQM)
- Used SharePoint for Business Case Analysis.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Performed functional requirements reviews and created Business Requirements
- Document and walkthroughs with designers, developers, and stakeholders
- Followed Agile Methodology from start to end for the Software Development Cycle.
- Maintained the Product Backlog.
- Conducted/Scheduled stand up meetings on regular basis.
- Actively document the Change Documents when required.
- Assisted the Scrum Master at each sprint.
- Worked with the development team to ensure that they understand the functional specifications.
- Tasked to gather and document requirements to integrate applications into a currently utilized COTS application.
- Developed solid documentation by analyzing current processes and design business processes modeling notification (BPMN) utilizing UML as well as documented process flow diagrams for object oriented design and documentation utilizing Visio
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project, educated clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project
- Assisted designing and developing workflow diagrams for different modules using rose
- Responsible for identifying gaps in the software between core functionality and user defined requirements.
- Documented as is and to be scenarios to understand the gaps.
- Developed updated, maintained and tracked the Requirement Traceability Matrix for various implementations.
- Used Rally to create and maintain User Stories and Child Stories
- Wrote data mapping documents, data transformation rules, and maintained data dictionary.
- Written Test Scenarios and Test Cases and performed testing.
- Used Team Foundation Server (TFS) to track the defects and to track the related requirements
- Assisted business for them to perform UAT.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JIRA, TFS, VMWare.
Business Systems AnalystConfidential
- Worked closely with business units to develop a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Involved in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and acted as the main liaison between corporate business managers and IT division.
- Constantly worked in a PMBOK methodology environment to execute Project Management best practices.
- Constantly worked in a BABOK methodology environment to execute Business Analysis best practices.
- Worked with the test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure that the testing is done per a phased plan.
- Interacted with client user teams at various associate levels to analyze current processes and to design business processes utilizing UML as well as documented process flow diagrams utilizing Visio.
- Was responsible in identifying, assess, and document business requirements, recommending business priorities, and advising business on options, risks, and costs.
- Conducted research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within or outside the business unit, and if not, whether new solutions are feasible.
- Forecasted business costs and documenting present scenario budgets for client.
- Assisted the quality Management team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and ensure that the proper testing plans has been completed.
- Headed Test-Coordination for multiple phases of the project.
- Adopted the RUP methods for requirements and documented BRD to users as well as to the technical team.
Environment: Windows, SQL Server, MS Visio, MS Visio and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Conducted Gap analysis to understand new business model and additional functionalities to be incorporated into the new application.
- Facilitated meetings with Subject Matter Experts for Requirements Gathering and transforming them to functional specification.
- Conducted JAD sessions and meetings with developers, QA team, and users for communicating primary requirements, also discuss different versions of requirements, queries, and clarify the issues.
- Participated in writing data mapping documents and performing gap analysis to verify the compatibility of existing system with new business requirements.
- Created Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Applied AGILE SCRUM as a software development methodology.
- Documented the requirements in the form of Business Requirement Documents, created Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), and System Design Specifications.
- Design UML Diagrams like Use Case Diagram, Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram, and State - Diagram for project documentation using MS Visio.
- Coordinated UAT and executed environment build plans.
- Conducted Data analysis including creating tables, loading data in the tables, accessing databases, and wrote SQL queries to analyze the data.
- Involved in defect tracking and bug management using Rational ClearQuest.
- Planned, scheduled, and controlled projects based on plans and requirements outlined by the business. Developed the project schedules, timelines for project delivery and milestone tracking using MS Project.
- Interacted with developers to report data related to bugs and re-tested the fixed issues.
- Involved in meetings, walkthroughs and creating minutes of the meeting.
- Created and submitted weekly status report to the project manager.