- Business enabling Certified Project Management Professional PMP , Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP and Certified Scrum Master CSM with over 10 years of practical experience in the areas of IT Project Management, Process Improvement/IT Governance, IT Services Management and Business Analysis Requirements Capturing using diverse technologies within multiple industry settings. An innovative IT solution projects planning, implementation and continuous process improvement background with a focus on optimizing quality, results on time, reducing costs and exceeding customer expectations.
- Responsibilities included project planning, issues and risk, communication, vendor relationship and earned value management, quality assurance and executive stakeholder presentations.
- Experienced with Software Development Lifecycle SDLC , Agile Project Management and Business Process improvement frameworks and delivering high caliber solutions aligning with business strategy.
- Significant knowledge across multiple platforms, processes or architectures ability to identify, evaluate and implement potential solutions and experience directing/mentoring of less experienced analysts/technical personnel.
- Experience with SAP 4.7i and other ERP integration projects. Implemented Data warehousing solutions for Business Intelligence analysis and reporting.
- Heavily involved in forming Project Management Center of Excellence PMCoE to establish Project Management as a business competency.
- Streamlined delivery process and master data conversion resulting in successful conversion rate of 95 while reducing the process duration by over 90 .
- Implemented IT Governance across 5 FAA ATO IT business areas and Enterprise IT Risk Security function for ATO IT.
- Worked with multiple vendors to resolve SAP 4.7 integration issues, which otherwise would have prevented the USD 40 Million SAP Implementation project from go-live.
- Saved 500,000 per year for the company by proposing and designing streamlined support/ticket management process, then implementing the project to a successful rollout that reduced the open tickets queue by 25 .
- Implemented encryption for custom internal business applications, saving the company up to 100 K/month in fines for PCI Non-compliance.
- Experienced in Government, Transportation, Biotech/Life Sciences, Energy, Financial, Rental Leasing Services, E-Commerce, Insurance, Telecommunications and Consulting verticals.
- Managed projects in a matrix structure, communicating with stakeholders to provide accurate reporting and information regarding ongoing projects, risks and initiatives.
- Interfaced with key business units in a multi-cultural global arena and built strong client relationships to ensure smooth progress of the projects.
- Educated business customers on Process Improvement, IT Governance and IT Service management.
- Project Management: MS Project Server, SDLC/Agile/Scrum, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Greenhopper, MS Share Point, MS Visio, UML, Oracle Primavera, Rational Portfolio Manager.
- Technology: Java/J2EE, Web Services, VB.net, SAP Enterprise, HP Software Testing Tools Database/EDW/BI Tools - Oracle, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Informatica IBM DB2 Application Servers Websphere, Domino, Tomcat Rational Tools, Eclipse Process Framework, Lotus Notes Domino, Remedy, XML.
Professional Experience and Employment History
IT Project Manager/Quality Manager
- Managed the IFPA Enterprise Application Suite Enhancement Program Releases in support of Customer Acceptance Testing, while implementing best practices to ensure process improvement.
- Responsible for developing project plans, resourcing the project and managing delivery following an iterative development framework blending time-boxed waterfall approach with Agile Scrum Programming.
- Established release and customer engagement governance and metrics resulting in process improvement that reduced the delivery duration by 90 .
- Ensured the improvement in data quality of IFPA Master Data, where successful conversion rates above 95 well exceeded the defined target metric.
- Coordinated multiple project teams and functional groups to ensure streamlined IFPA program releases.
- Instituted a standardized delivery process and a common set of performance measurements for delivering the custom software suite to realize business value through frequent customer feedback.
- Managed system and workflow testing in collaboration with the customer.
- Performed oversight of the risks and issues of each release to set the appropriate expectation with customer.
FAA ATO IT Governance Program:
- Implemented IT Governance across all business units of FAA ATO IT Organization using ISACA's COBIT framework.
- Created the IT Governance Implementation Road map to be used as an input for Program Management Plan development. Assisted Program Manager with Program Management plan and tasks.
- Developed the Requirements Management and Communication Plan for the IT Governance Program and component projects. Developed ATO IT Governance Program Charter and IT Governance Board Charter.
- Worked on future ideal ATO IT Governance Model and Assisted in Discovery Phase Planning.
- Coordinated the senior leadership kick-off meeting and team manager's orientations and ensured proper communication of the artifacts to the stakeholders.
- Developed and implemented the MS SharePoint KSN site for the Governance Program collaboration and document management.
- Responsible for prototype development of a process authoring tool to support IT Governance Process Reengineering and Development.
IT Risk, Security and Continuity Program:
- Research and develop Enterprise IT Risk Management Frameworks recommendations with emphasis on public sector Enterprise IT Risk Implementations.
- Created the Risk Management, IT Security and Business Continuity Groups Roles, Responsibilities and position descriptions to assist with the staffing model.
- Developed the short/medium/long term road map and tasks for the standing up of the IT Risk Management, IT Security and Business Continuity sub groups under the Risk Management Group.
- Developed the Risk Awareness Program Project Plan. Worked on the Risk Awareness Campaign Tasks.
- Assisted with the development of Vision and Mission Documents for the Risk group and the sub groups.
- Directed project team to Automate Server Systems Management Support Processes and Customize COTS Solutions. Managed all development, testing and training efforts.
- Project Managed Refactoring and Enterprise Application Integration Projects.
- Led JAD/Scrum sessions to collect requirements and developed requirements specifications Use cases artifacts.
- Implemented process and system improvements using Lean and Six-Sigma concepts to increase productivity and reduce costs while maintaining audit readiness.
- Provided technical and professional leadership and assistance to peers across service lines.
- Project managed upgrade projects to implement encryption for custom applications per Payment Card Industry requirements. PCI Compliance saved the company up to 100,000/month.
- Implemented Web Services solution to integrate workflow with legacy mainframe application.
- Supported eForms, Messaging Collaboration Infrastructure and web enabling/mobilizing eForms Approvals Web Services, Intranet and Blackberry Mobile Applications.
- Responsible for defining, developing and prioritizing the business requirements from customers and stakeholders.
- Facilitated Business Process Improvements through interactions with end users/clients.
- Worked as a liaison between business and systems areas to define change scope and requirements.
Service Requests Support Mgr
- As Service Request and Defect management Remedy Queue manager, was responsible for managing the service requests and resource allocation to handle the remedy tickets.
- Managed implementation of several information related sites and employee self-service applications on the company intranet and the internet for the vendors/suppliers. Facilitated process review meetings with Business sponsors/owners to determine a common set of business practices and incorporated them into the system design.
- Worked with clients/business and the PMCoE to ensure that all requirements and SLA's are provided to support development/testing efforts and is the point-of-contact for issues and questions regarding all SR's/releases.
- Streamlined the production issues/support process to reduce the pending/open tickets queue by 25 , thereby effectively increasing cost savings by 500 Thousand.
- Managed project for Sarbanes-Oxley SOX remediation of custom applications, while following iterative development methodology.
- Developed Business Process Re-Engineering and Best Practices standards.
- Worked extensively with the IBM and WM team to resolve issues related to data load prior to application deployment. Non-resolution of this issue would have prevented the USD 40 million SAP upgrade project from go-live.
- Met/exceeded customer/end user satisfaction measures and services level objectives SLO .
- Developed the 3 and 5-year collaboration technologies road map for the executive management.
Responsible for implementation and support of the staggered applications migration of Prudential Securities Applications into Wachovia environment. Streamlined the Acceptance Test plans ATP to validate tests.
Sr. Technical Analyst, International Business Machines IBM
Responsible for High-level design data flow diagram, Screen designs , Acceptance implementation and maintenance. Various modules were developed as reusable software framework/code facts.
Technical Architect/Analyst, Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation
Designed, Tested and implemented a customized Enterprise Integrator three-tier application to perform real time data transfer between Lotus Domino and Oracle and Universal DB2.
Team Lead, PR Newswire PRN
Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of an n-tier Internet/Intranet/Work flow application http://prndirect.prnewswire.com/ . Developed the API's for Dynamic Custom Survey tool.
IT Consultant, Clients of Vinsai Software Consultants
- Involved in the design and development of an SMB eBusiness suite. Worked closely with user community to define requirements. Developed an innovative, customized 'in-house' CRM tool to analyze customer usage.
- Replaced native script with customized Oracle LSX, increasing efficiency and throughput by 70 75 .