- 9+years of professional experience as a Business Analyst in various environments that includes Retail, Finance and Banking.
- Strong understanding of SDLC, with emphasis on Waterfall, AGILE methodologies.
- Expert in various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle, including analysis, requirement, design, testing, and implementation of software applications.
- Experienced as a Business Quality Analyst in using the iterative software development life cycle principles of Rational Unified Process to manage, develop applications.
- Extensive experience in, gathering and defining business requirement, facilitation of meetings, identifying risks, Business Process Reengineering, developing Business Requirement document,
- Functional/Software Requirement Specifications document, Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Proficient in creating Process Diagrams, Use Cases, UMl Diagrams and Prototyping.
- Ability to work closely with the business partners to define and understand their needs and troubleshoot problems, the users and preparing materials.
- Good understanding of GAP analysis, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Client - Server applications, Data Analysis, Data Modeling, and Data Mapping.
- In-depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process(RUP) and experience in conducting Joint Application Development(JAD) sessions for Gathering Requirements, and Rapid Application Development(RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to Clients.
- Strong experience writing SQL queries for various types of data analysis without depending on development team.
- Solid understanding and experience in collecting business requirements for projects and translating them into functional specifications.
- Experience in documenting the Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Interviewed SMEs and Stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Flexibility in adapting to a wide range of work environments and possess the ability to use independent judgment and work individually even under pressure to meet the targeted deadline.
- Excellent Written and Communication Skills.
- Strong attention to details.
Languages: Data Base SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS-Access
Tracking Tools: Bug Tracking Tools Quality Center, Rational ClearQuest
Modeling: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Clearcase, Rational RequisitePro
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8
Technologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop, Axure
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Business System Analyst
- As BSA, responsible for integrating and synchronizing the data from the acquiree banks into the EDW and BDW systems of Capital One.
- Conducted requirements gathering sessions with business/end users and mapped source system data to bank data-warehouse pertaining to banking, mortgage and credit risk
- Created DATA mapping documents by interact with business on field descriptions, data-types and for receiving formal signoffs
- Role comprises of supporting Data Modelers and Data Stewards for model development and data migration including Project stakeholders and business on data migration plans.
- Facilitated in the overall management of projects based on Agile scrum methodology including risk analysis and mitigation, status reports, client presentations, defining milestone deliverables and establishing critical success factors.
- Responsible for preparing the functional requirement specifications, project estimations from functional use cases perspective
- Worked with Project manager for project planning, resource loading document and scoping.
- Managed project phases to ensure releases/functionalities timely delivery.
- Involved in tracking and managing defects/changes requests.
- Setup the performance of different project workflow process.
- Played a key role in bridging the functional knowledge gap between the client’s business IT and technology teams
- Managed the requirement gathering team which includes Business analysts and functional testers, overseeing day to project execution
- Conducted weekly status meetings and circulating the status reports to internal and external (Client) stakeholders
- Provided timely performance feedback on associates to their respective Vertical / Horizontal managers and handle any customer escalations and ensure the project deliverables are met
- Involved in Functional, Regression and User Acceptance Testing
Confidential, Washington, D.C
- Gathered the requirements and detailed business policies and modified the business requirement document to prepare a detailed one.
- Analyzed systems specifications, requirements, and implemented use cases/ test strategies accordingly.
- Facilitated UAT with the stakeholders and the business users and delivered UAT.
- Assisted the customer in defining the high-level functional requirements and needs.
- Involved in the data movement between systems, validated the business requirements.
- Utilized RUP to create activity diagram, class diagrams and workflow process diagrams.
- Prepared the business workflow using MS-Visio with input, output, pre and post conditions.
- Analyzed team performance with the QA manager and implemented the changes if any with respect to raising the efficiency of the entire team.
- Detected defects and communicated to developers using bug-reporting tools and tracked as required.
- Evaluated and implemented QA process improvements for ongoing testing and maintained Test Matrix.
- Participated in weekly meetings and walkthroughs related to project progress.
- Worked with key members from various cross-functional teams to analyze various third-party CRM solutions to make a ‘buy vs. build’ decision. Conducted cost/benefit and impact analysis.
- Conducted detailed study of existing database and worked out a detailed migration plan for transforming disintegrated database from multiple platforms in to single integrated data source.
- Extracted data from different sources like flat file excel data sheet, access database and SQL & Oracle relational databases and processed data to upload in to the target database.
- Created data model that visually represents the nature of data, business rules governing the data, and how it will be organized in the database.
- Involved in validation of created data model to make sure that all data objects provided by the functional team are completely and accurately represented.
- Responsible for data analysis, project plan, gap analysis, data mapping, all business analysis functions/artifacts, documentation and implementation.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, RUP, UML with Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Enterprise Suite, Crystal Reports, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Office Suite, SharePoint.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Prepared detailed Project Plan using MS-Project to help the offshore team perform the QA tasks in time
- Processed feedback from users in order to analyze and reproduce software problems. Communicated with offshore development team to resolve various issues
- Analyzed Requirements and created Business requirement Document (BRD), functional and non-functional requirements, Use cases and document the business process workflow using tool like Microsoft Visio.
- Sent weekly dashboard reports to management with updates of testing / story completion progress.
- Involved in planning and implementing both high-level and detailed system and integration test plans
- Attended weekly testing status calls to update corporate on our testing progress and address any testing concerns.
- Coordinated complex business to business area system and integration testing items.
- Worked with the project manager to ensure project sign off closing procedures are observed
- Utilized RUP (Rational Unified Process) to create use cases, activity, class diagrams and workflow process diagrams
- Participated in technical design walk-through to ensure they meet stakeholders’ expectations
- Conducted System, Integration and regression testing of the application
- Conducted walkthroughs and defect meetings periodically to assess the status of the testing process and discuss areas of criticality
Environment: UNIX, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, MS Excel, Java, XML, Oracle, PL/SQL
Confidential - Falls church, VA
- Oversee all operations and provide coaching and feedback to 140 direct report associates.
- Set standards and modeled behavior for optimum customer service.
- Analyze and measure business trends and observe service delivery and solicit feedback from customers.
- Enhance the customer experience by leading team of associates in providing strong customer service and Coach Team members to provide the unparalleled customer experience.
- Implement loss prevention initiatives.
- Demonstrate leadership and resourcefulness in interactions with employees, colleagues and customers.
- Recruited, on boarded, leveraged top talent and managed performance to make sure teammates were proficient in all aspects of their job, crating workforce stability and bench strength.
- Accountable for service scores.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes