- Over 7 years of extensive experience in Business Analysis, Software Validation and business process re - engineering with, proven ability to articulate business values.
- Functional experience with concentration on Use Case modeling using UML, Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Change Management, Technical Training, Software Development methodologies, QA testing, and Systems Testing of client server and web-based systems.
- Strong project management skills including planning, scheduling, monitoring and budgeting with experience in requirement gathering, gap analysis, risk analysis, effort estimation etc.
- Strong Business Analysis Skills including In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Testing and Practical knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Extensive Knowledge of Systems Management, Design and Data Modeling.
- Hard-core experience involving Business Process Re-Engineering, Software Re-Engineering using RUP methodology and ERP Systems Implementation and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Proven expertise in creating test plans, UML diagrams, flowcharts, screen mockups and systems requirements specifications.
- Excellent business writing skills in writing Preliminary Investigation Report, System Requirements document, Systems Design Specification and System Requirement Change Request.
- Excellent Training skills, facilitation, power point presentations, maintaining performance metrics, devising training documentation & communicating to users.
- Strong understanding of information technology capabilities and dependencies, including platforms, content management, e-document strategies and process mapping.
- Demonstrated high capacity to learn new technologies rapidly with no formal training.
- Proficient at creating and transforming business requirements into software requirement specification (SRS) using Rational RequisitePro and designing business models using UML diagrams such as use case model, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams in Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Understanding of BEA WebLogic Portal to simplify the production and management of custom-fit portals, allowing a shared services environment to roll out changes with minimal complexity and effort.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end-users, expert team, development and QA team for project meetings, walkthroughs and customer interviews.
- Expert in Root Cause Analysis, Feasibility studies and Risk Assessment studies.
Software/Environment: MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, RequisitePro, ClearQuest, Windows XP/2000/Me/98/95/3.1/NT, OS X, SunOS, MS-DOS, Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Business Objects, XML, UML, HTML, C++, VB.NET,ASP.NET, Java, Access, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, PSP Studio, Word Perfect
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathering market data including real time and historical price data, financial data, and trading news using financial data source named Bloomberg.
- XML order header and order detail data transfer; inventory/supply chain management modules
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Solid Experience in developing Scope/Vision Documentation and Project Plan, as well as tracking Project Process, and manage resources to ensure successful delivery
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped test every scenario using Mercury TestDirector Tool for system testing
- Used Test Director, PL/SQL for testing the application
- Develop Logical and Physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Lead multiple project teams of technical professionals through all phases of the SDLC using technologies including Oracle, Erwin, Data Stage, Data Warehousing, Websphere and Cognos.
- Reviewed the data model and reporting requirements for Cognos Reports with the Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Wrote detailed specifications for various reports generated using Cognos
- Design and develop the data load process using XML Style sheets and ACORD.
- Efficient in MS Project for planning and status reporting.
- Deep understanding of Structured System Development Methodologies
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources
- Collaborated with External Auditors and documented SOX compliance requirements
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan
- Responsible for creating a business process and workflow documentation using BPMN standards.
- Worked in Data Analysis, Data Reconciliation and Data Mapping for ETL process
- Ensured that the Reference data repository was setup in case of emergency or unavailability of data.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams
- Solid Experience in Collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams etc.
Environment: Windows, MS Access, MS Office(MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Visio), ETL, .NET, Oracle, JCL, Crystal reports, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, ClearQuest, GAP Analysis, Win Runner
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
- Supported full traceability among all artifacts throughout the software development life cycle
- Extracted the Business Requirements during various sessions with business leads and tagged all requirements in Requisite Pro, tracing them all the way to the stakeholder requirements
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
- Conducted JAD sessions with extensive involvement from Business, Development, Testing teams, Architects, SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) and Managers of various Business Units
- Developed a thorough and repeatable software requirements methodology utilizing the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Unified Modeling language (UML)
- Creation of Business Process specifications, application designing using RUP, database schema design and implementation methodology
- Defined the project methodology from RUP. Analyzed and redefined the business processes with specific UML documentation
- Created PowerPoint presentations incorporating MS Office Suite, Excel, Word and Access
- Involved in Data mapping
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Constructed and maintained UML models using Rational Rose, and created use case diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams for all the use cases
- Co-ordination with multiple teams and integration architects, in performing analysis for issues regarding speed and stability
- Conducted manual testing by observing every step in the requirements and test cases.
- Execute test scripts, coordinated & conducted UAT testing.
- Tracked and documented defects and communicated them to the technical developers.
- Used Test Director for bug and defect tracking.
- Wrote SQL Queries in Oracle for data manipulations.
- Scheduled batches backups process to maintain customers and clients database
- Participated in UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with all levels of User Groups.
Environment: HTML, XML, SQL, Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest, ClearCase), Excel, Access, MS-Word, MS-Outlook, MS-Power Point
Confidential, Cypress, California
- Gathered user and business requirements through surveys, prototyping and observing from portfolio managers and UI (User Interface).
- Gathered requirements for the XML bridge
- Stored and modified requirements in MS - Word and using TestDirector.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Involved in Inception Phase and prepared Logical Data Models that contains set of diagrams and BRD (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detail definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Performed data analysis/ data mapping
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts (SA) and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion using MS Project.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS Access for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Played a major role in Interface testing both functionally and manually.
- Assisted the SA to document all custom and system modification.
- Assigned problems to appropriate software development team for fixes.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in RequisitePro.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were then submitted to project management on a weekly basis.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director for stress testing and UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Collaborated with Quality Assurance Analyst in Automated and Manual Black box testing using Mercury's WinRunner.
Environment: J2EE technology, Test Director, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, XML, UNIX / Oracle Platform, MS Visio, RUP 2002, Rational RequisitePro
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked as a business analyst to support the re-design of the Mortgage Asset Management System. Extensively involved in the development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Used XML for building and parsing of Application Configuration file.
- Used Castor to create objects from XML documents.
- Conceptualized primary process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio and CaseWise tool sets.
- Used Meta Broker for importing metadata from Erwin Tool and export warehouse Data to Business Objects for reporting purpose.
- Perform analysis and design using IMPROMPTU, CASEWISE, Word, SQL. Did project planning using Project Workbench.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Mortgage Servicing, Loan Monitoring and Asset Management.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Developed business process models in RUP to document existing and future business processes.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis including data analysis and gap analysis.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed business requirement specification documents as well as high-level project plan.
- Comprehensively work with requirement gathering for Enterprise reporting system using RequisitePro.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using Rational.
- Developed Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Established a business analysis methodology around the RUP (Rational Unified Process). Helped develop use cases, project plans and manage scope.
- Developed requirement reports for day-to-day retail banking needs for opening account, online banking using rational SoDA.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Worked with marketing team in knowing what exactly bank’s client wants.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommend changes for improvement - with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
- Conducted benchmarking activities to identify best practices.
- Used Rational Clear Case and Clear Quest as Configuration Management and Change control tools.
- Developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement Test Cases in Mercury Test Director
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Full knowledge of most phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to work with all members of the project team, following the project through the Systems Development Life Cycle and ensuring business objectives are met (extensive Project life cycle experience).
Environment: Windows NT 4.0, Erwin, XML, Dbase3, DOS and UNIX Sequential Files, MS Access, HTML, ERWIN
- Managed the output requirement project for various Life insurance products.
- Played key role in System Development Life Cycle Process consisting of: Design and Gap Analysis, Business Requirements, Systems Requirements, Test Criteria, and Implementation to have the outputs of project dealt with the automation of correspondence directed to Insurance policy owners.
- Correspondence included solicitation letters, financial transaction confirmations, and quarterly and annual policy statements.
- Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers.
- Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
- Interfaced between Business new product builders and System platform builders.
- Worked with systems area to translate business needs into system requirements.
- Made sure the test cases and test process guarantee accountability to business and systems requirements.
- Involved in the testing phase right from the Unit testing to the User Acceptance testing.
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Use Cases and other Process Flow Models were designed using Visio and Rational Rose.
Environment: RUP, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), MS Visio, Windows
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes