- Confidential has over twenty years of experience as a Business Analyst, Enterprise Architect, Project Manager, and technology leader. He is a certified Project Manager with proven success in management, planning and implementation of technology functions/operations.
- Ability to elicit and analyze complex business and technical requirements; prepare in - depth business requirements documents such as: (All documents adhere to latest Unified Modeling Language standards).
- Swim lane, activity, and wire frame diagrams.
- Waterfall requirements, user stories, and use cases.
- Root cause analysis.
- Experienced leading teams with a variety of methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
- Project/Program management experience in enterprise wide software development and infrastructure.
- Over five years experience as an Enterprise Architect with a focus on all technologies that end-users touch.
- Proven real world process reengineering expertise.
- Demonstrated expertise in vendor management, selection and installation of commercial off the shelf software (COTS), business analysis, return on investment analysis, strategic planning, process improvement, and change management.
- Extensive experience in mutual fund investment management, and retirement plan industries.
- Strong financial/healthcare/banking analysis and communication, including powerful and well-researched written and verbal presentations.
- Extensive experience in providing project issue/risk management and status reporting (Bad news now, good news anytime).
- Successful acquisition, training, direction and retention of technical professionals.
- Strong advocate of creating then following change management procedures.
- Experience working with all levels of staff and management.
Requirements elicitation, writing/documentation, RUP, UML
JIRA Backlog tracking system
Rally Backlog tracking system
Team Foundation Server
Cognos Report Studio and Query Studio
Microsoft NT, 2000, 2003, XP Workstations & Servers
Microsoft Office - Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Visio
Database design & management - Oracle, MS SQL
Microsoft Project and Access
Networking - Microsoft & Novell
Banking, equities (buy and sell sides), utilities, health care, satellite television, restaurants, leisure and travel.
Infrastructure and software development.
Programming-Visual Basic, Access, Agile and waterfall SDLC
LAN/WAN design & management, Novell, NT, LAN Manager, TCP/IP, OSI layers, Ethernet, Cisco Routers and Switches (product selection), gateways, and Help Desk implementations.
Senior Business Analyst
- Lead the gathering of functional software requirements from subject matter experts
- Organized and defined project plans related to requirement activities
- Defined and documented use cases, user stories, requirements, acceptance criteria, workflow diagrams and dataflow diagrams
- Lead a team of analysts and tracks requirement deliverables, breaks down work and delegates tasks among analyst team members
- Communicated requirement status to project leadership
- Collaborated with software architects to propose system solutions
- Primary functional liaison throughout the software development lifecycle with the technology team
- Assessed current Enterprise Architecture (EA) capabilities and goals.
- Used TOGAF methodology to assist CCD IT Management in creating a tangible Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice
- Defined EA governance framework and Enterprise Architecture implementation roadmap
- Created enterprise architecture artifacts such as:
- Business Case Findings template
- EA Assessment process swim lane diagram
- EA Governance process activity diagram
Scrum Master / Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Project Manager/Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Supervisor, and single point of contact for a software maintenance contract with Confidential Aviation.
- In the role of Project Manager and Scrum Master:
- Managed the team’s efforts for the development and testing of Confidential ’s legacy JetPlan Engine Sustaining & Incremental project.
- Contract entails full software development life cycle for work on customer requested bug fixes and enhancements.
- Provided all the necessary controls and schedules so that work products under the statement of work were delivered in a manner that was integrated into the normal JetPlan release schedule.
- Managed issue backlog using JIRA Backlog tracking system.
- Identified, scheduling, and coordinating Company on-site activities.
- Ensured that all delivered code is tested and default free.
- Daily Stand Up meetings
- Project Status meetings
- Test readiness meetings
- Quarterly project reviews
- In the role of Business Analyst responsible for:
- The creation of software requirements for customer bug fixes and/or enhancements.
- Software unit, system/functional, and acceptance testing to verify customer acceptance criteria have been met.
- Business Analyst for ongoing Agile development effort of a browser based ambulatory vehicle dispatch application.
- Wrote user stories for all aspects of application including:
- Customer access to book trips via web based tool
- Customer login verification stories
- Data set production for data mining purposes
- Web services
- Variety of reports
- Web portal user interfaces
- Used Microsoft Team Foundation Server as the User Story repository
- Created of a variety of business and application process swim lane process diagrams
- Performed AS-IS and gap analysis and documentation
- Successfully completed application business rule testing
- Verified bug existence and documenting “Steps to Replicate”
Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Project management, business analysis and quality control services to support SAP implementation for RTM business unit, including application interface development and integration.
- Created Project Initiation (PID) and requirements documents for four proposed projects:
- Barcode implementation
- Laboratory Information Management/SAP integration
- Product Price Deviation/SAP integration
- Financial modeling application/SAP integration
- Designed Rio Tinto global barcode label using BarTender software.
- Performed all hardware analysis and created architecture for two domestic and two overseas implementations of barcode solution.
- Requirements analysis included Swim lane diagrams, Design Specification Document, Technical drawings Current and Future State
- Project Manager for Global barcode implementation, Laboratory Information Management/SAP integration,
- Managed new project for two domestic and one overseas implementation of Laboratory Information Management system and SAP interface.
- Quality Control Management for Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) system project
- Created test scripts, Coordinated testing for LIMS across multiple corporate departments
- Reported daily on project testing status
- Performed detailed business analysis for the City and Confidential for new property tax system. This work included creating documentation for current and future state processes for all of the City of Denver’s Property Assessment divisions.
- In order to create future state documentation:
- Reviewed all current state business processes with business leads and their team members.
- Applied newly acquired knowledge including review of new product’s user manuals to discover how to provide the old system functionality with the new system.
- Supported the Quality Assurance group by:
- Conducting future state reviews of each business process with each Property Assessment department for the purpose of identifying where test scripts were required.
- Assisted business leads in creation of test scripts.
Technical/Release Program Manager
- Became member of a three person team which manages Confidential ’s enterprise public and business partner facing web site software releases.
- As Program Manager, responsibilities included overall program management, management of multiple project managers for anywhere from ten to eighty individual software update projects, defect triage, and daily/weekly program status reporting.
- Created and administered the Release Management team’s SharePoint site.
- Used Agile, waterfall, and RUP methodologies for project management and software development.
- Regularly convened and lead program status meetings consisting of up to seventy staff members. Meeting attendee’s positions include front line staff, project professionals, directors, and executive personnel.
- Successfully completed managing Confidential ’s April 2010 Enterprise Software Release. Due to other projects running late this program started ten weeks late. After three weeks of organizing the project’s efforts all of the project’s statuses were green. Program was completed on time with a minimum of production defects. All defects were resolved by 3:00pm the day of the deployment.
- Successfully completed August 2010 Enterprise Software Release program consisting of twenty-one individual projects managing seven project managers. Program went into production on time with only nine production defects. All production defects were resolved by noon the day of the deployment.
- Designed, documented, and implemented the current Change Management process used by Dish enterprise software development teams.
- Redesigned software development team’s web service software builds processes. This resulted in faster build cycles and eliminated lost testing time due to environmental problems.
- Simplified the release day hourly reporting tool such that the time required to create the release day hourly report was reduced from approximately forty to five minutes.
- Successfully completed managing Confidential ’s November 2010 Enterprise Software Release. Program went into production on time with only seven production defects of which there were no severity one or two defects.
- Completed two more enterprise software releases in 2011 with less than ten production defects each.
- Shifted focus to reengineering the development integration processes for the Enterprise Software Release teams. This work is focused on both JAVA and .NET based web service software development platforms.
- Worked to design the continuous integration processes for the .NET group using Team Foundation Server and Subversion, Jira, Maven, and Jenkins for the Java teams.
Technology Architect/Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Successfully completed the initial deliverable to document and communicate Conservation’s infrastructure goals, processes and technology state. Next completed step was to create a technology roadmap for interim and long term Conservation automation solutions.
- Under the role of Business Analyst created several business requirements documents for the Conservation department.
- Depending on the document’s needs each contained a variety of standard business analysis artifacts such as; use cases, activity, business process swim lane, sequence, and data flow diagrams.
- As part of the infrastructure technology roadmap plan successfully completed the following Confidential automation projects where I performed the roles of Technology Architect, Business Analyst, Developer and Project Manager:
- Infrastructure Program Manager of a successfully completed enterprise wide infrastructure program containing twelve separate projects. Successfully deployed all twelve projects on the same day.
- The twelve separate projects provide customer related information for a wide variety of Confidential departments. For all projects combined matrix managed seventeen team members.
- Additional projects where I performed the roles of Technology Architect, Business Analyst, Developer and Program Manager:
- Conservation Monitor and Evaluate - central contact and water auditing database.
- Completing Conservation department’s SharePoint site including the design and implementation of the SharePoint taxonomy.
- Volumetric Irrigation - Application keeps track of any companies that consume more than their contracted amount of water.
- Used Confidential ’s version of RUP methodology for project management and software development.
Enterprise Business Analyst
- Conducted detailed business analytics, write requirement documents, and requests for proposals (RFPs), provide business and technical incite.
- Successfully completed projects in both technology infrastructure and software development.
- All infrastructure and SDLC projects completed within the RUP framework.
- Requirements documents classically contained functional requirement statements (current state and future state), use cases, business drivers, process, activity, physical, and logical architecture UML diagrams, gap analysis, risks, assumptions, constraints, dependencies, and root cause analysis
- Successfully completed RFP for Manager Select Portfolios (MSP) software selection project.
- Played an architectural role in the Capstone Integrated Business Process Management & Document Management Solution.
- Wrote Image & Workflow Tool Selection Requirements and RFP, recommended FileNet.
- Examples of requirements documents successfully completed:
- Electronic File Cabinet (EFC) Functional Requirements & SOX compliance
- Software design requirements for Group Processing System (GPS) updates
Supervisor of Customer Support
- Supervised as many as 19 agents and administrative staff.
- Manages squad performance around customer satisfaction, revenue and margin.
- Responsible for supporting the completion of the repairs at the store by either repairing the computers or engaging clients as they arrive.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for tracking revenue to labor budget, inventory, marketing and light accounting.
- Realized 120% growth in revenue within first eight weeks of employment. Staff averaged 65%-70% of revenue budget, now always exceeds 110% of revenue budget.
- Installation and troubleshooting all computer-related devices (video, sound,, scanner, camera, etc.)
- Provides goal driven results from direct reports concerning technical and customer service.
- Use OLAP reporting tool to drill down into data to discover root causes for any sales deficiencies.
- Highest staff supervisor review score in store.
Director of IT / Project Manager / Enterprise Architect
- Design, creation, installation, and ongoing maintenance of all restaurant holding companies’ automation tools.
- Business Analyst producing all technology business cases and requirements documents.
- Project Manager for successful implementation of WAN and LAN for enterprise.
- Setup, installation, testing, and ongoing maintenance of all computer systems for holding company's back office automation such as the accounting systems, video surveillance systems, wired and wireless network, router and firewall, mailing database design/setup and maintenance, management of marketing database.
- Program applications to assist in running enterprise’s restaurants.
- Responsible for all selection and maintenance of telecommunications equipment.
- Managed multiple projects which reprogrammed and upgraded the companies’ point of sale systems.
- Acted as a substitute manager for restaurants for the holding company.
Computing Systems Architect, Technology Architecture
- Responsible for defining, facilitating and maintaining corporate computing system standards and enterprise architecture strategies for all departments of Janus.
- Division of duties for this position consisted of 30% business analysis, 40% technology architecture and solution design, 20% vendor management, 10% maintain of corporate standards.
- Conducted research and development as well as feasibility studies and Requests for Proposals for new computing system technologies and project pilots for all aspects of Confidential business e.g. Institutional Sales, Compliance, Financial Trading (buy & sell sides), Call Center, CRM systems for Institutional Sales and Reconciliation.
- Extensive research into Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) products and tools. Conducted the enterprise research for the selection of Tibco EAI suite of products as the Confidential standard. Vitria, IBM MQ Series, Cerebellum Software and Forte Software were the primary products included on the research project.
- Established rules and guidelines for collaborative vendor relationships and guidelines to measure key vendor performance.
- Create Business Cases to justify corporate wide use of a wide variety of technologies ranging from productivity hardware and software to infrastructure design.
- Compiled benefits, total cost of ownership, and return on investment associated with new technologies.
- Tracked emerging trends and technologies and assessed potential uses at Janus.
- Identified and selected tools, processes and best practices for managing computing system resources. Tools such as Zachman Framework and integrated Zachman frameworks into Confidential Project Management Methodology.
- Realized a $750,000 savings for Confidential during annual desktop standard selection process.
- Created business cases, technical analysis, three to five year Total Cost of Ownership, Cost Benefit Analysis, and ROI analysis for computing architectures and system configurations for personal desktop and notebook computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams mapping software, wired and wireless telecommunications equipment, printers, anti-virus software, Hewlett-Packard UNIX Servers, AS400, mass storage (SAN & NAS), backup and recovery systems, data warehouse and Windows operating systems.
- Conducted quarterly technology roadmap seminars and technology reviews for business associates and IT personnel.
- Published a quarterly Architecture Newsletter to Confidential that shares the research the Technology Architecture department is doing with the Portfolio Management group of Janus.
- Wrote business cases which contained:
- Executive summaries.
- Information on industry trends and players.
- Three to five potential solutions with:
- Description of solution.
- Fit with corporate requirements (Pros & cons).
- Three or Five year total cost of ownership including ROI.
- Enterprise Architecture department recommendations.
IT Program Manager/ Project Manager
- Project manager for a twenty member matrixed project team that successfully implemented the SAP/Human Resource and Employee Self Service modules.
- Lead Project Manager for creation of Confidential project management methodology implementation. Implementation included design of specific methodologies for Confidential workflows.
- Project lead for disaster recovery project.
- My role was to lead project that created all departmental business process models.
- Successfully completed an enterprise wide imaging contract management system project.
IT Manager Investments
- Implemented a new project management, business analysis, software & database development, and computer support team for the Confidential Capital Corporation which consisted of SEC Compliance, Trading Desk and Institutional investors.
- Developed team into separate project management and software development units with five project managers/business analyst and five programmers.
- Project Manager for the successful implementation of Merrin Financial's equity trading system (now Macgregor.)
- Managed the successful network and WAN implementation for a Securities Trade Operations office in London, England.
- Applied knowledge of networks and personnel management in administering and supporting the Confidential 800 user network.
- Managed the Help Desk and desk top support technicians.
- Instrumental in constructing a technically proficient computer support staff. Personally recruited over twenty percent of technical staff.
- Redesigned and implemented Confidential network migration from a Token-Ring to Ethernet LAN
- Budgeted for Network Administration’s yearly expenditures.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes