- 7+years of comprehensive IT experience with 5years as a Business Analyst with exposure to Healthcare Applications in Agile - Scrum environment.
- Sound experience in Healthcare domain in areas like clinical measures and reporting (HEDIS, 3M, AHRQ, SPARCS, CAHPS etc.), Provider incentive programs, reading Measure specifications and calculating Numerator over denominator, Measure reporting, HIPAA EDI Transactions(837 I,p,d,835,270,271) Claims lifecycle from billing to payment, Potential billing process and returning claims, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Good experience in Life Science Domain Namely Medical Coding- ICD 9, ICD 10-CM, CPT, HCPCS etc.
- Good experience of Health Insurance concepts from Billing to Claims and EDI transaction parts-loops, segments, delimiters.
- Excellente documentation of Business Requirements gathered using Interviews, Brainstorming Sessions, Surveys and Questionnaires ; Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications and Application Design.
- Design, documentation and review of business documents like Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups, SMEs and other project stakeholders.
- Good Experience in Web Applications Design and development having worked previously in that area.
- Competent in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams for Business Process Modeling like Use Case Diagrams (UCD), Activity Diagrams (AD), Sequence Diagrams (SD), Data Flow Diagrams (DFD), Flow Charts (FC) .
- Good Knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) concepts like Generalization, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance
- Highly proficient in the use of SQL and Relational Data bases for querying and reporting purposes
- Experienced in querying Data warehouses using complex SQL queries.
- Strong experience in various Testing related tools namely Selenium, HP ALM, and BUG Zilla for reporting defects.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that links and controls numerous artifacts produced by several teams across the deliverables of the project
- Assisted QA team in generating test plans, test scenarios, test cases, and managed complete defect tracking life cycle using various defect tracking tools
- Expertise in Functional Testing to ensure a quality product and rich experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to guarantee all the business requirements have been fulfilled by the application
- Involved in Pre-Production activities to make sure Go/No Go call is smoothly taken as a critical metric of stability of the system before Production
- Participated in Post-Production Validation (PPV) and worked with the Production support team for issues reported by the user group in the production environment
- Strong ability in thoroughly documenting User Manuals after subsequent releases and conducting User Training Workshops to familiarize the users to the application changes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Listening oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions.
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, UML
Business Modelling Tools: MS Visio, MS office Suite
Databases & Tools: MS Access, SQL, Oracle 11g and SQL developer
Testing Tools: Selenium, HP Quality Centre 10.0, HP ALM, Bugzilla
Project management: MS Project, MSOffice
MS Office: MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Visio
Business Analyst/QA Analyst
- Requirement gathering and documentation of critical business processes. Wrote Use Cases, functional specifications and business rules.
- Collaborated with other Business Analysts and the Product owner in creating the Product backlogs after eliciting requirements from SMEs like Clinical Product expert, to apply domain knowledge.
- Participated in Sprint planning meetings and created the Sprint backlogs in collaboration with Product Owner, Scrum master and identified agile team members.
- Participated in mapping the prioritized Product backlogs to user stories. Created high level and low-level user stories with details on Acceptance criteria.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and creating ‘Burn-down charts’ and tracking the ‘Task board’.
- Led & conducted JAD sessions and interacted with data SMEs to maintain data integrity.
- Mapping Measures and performance and studying both claims and clinical data and mapping them to the inhouse system database.
- Facilitated review sessions with stakeholders about the Measure specifications and clinical and claims data input.
- Responsible for defining Measure Specifications, Age Specifications, data required and timelines for the DSRIP Project to the development team.
- Responsible for developing formats for the KPIs involved in the business.
- Created Use Cases and Activity Diagrams thus defining the Business Process Model.
- Responsible for On-time project delivery and well-planned execution divided into different phases for different clients.
- Tested the validity of codes and code systems. (ICD, CPT, HCPCS) and that they were properly mapped.
- Responsible for daily execution progress tracking and defects retesting status. All uploaded in Bugzilla.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations
- Ensured ETL system testing was completed before beginning work on data for measures.
- Expertly and efficiently developed and reviewed the product feature training document for the readiness cycle with product details, user contents
- Involved in End-to-End testing and Production implementation tasks.
- Involved in designing test scenarios with Selenium as the automation tool.
- Thoroughly tested the application using manual test cases as well as automation and then conducted UAT sessions.
- Collaborated with the QA teams in creating the test cases and test strategy for progression and regression testing of the application for various builds.
- Handled conflicts with respect to defects and timelines between QA and BA teams.
- Responsible for maintaining the BRD.
Environment: MS Visio, SQL, Selenium, Bug Zilla, MS Office Suite
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Acted as an interface between Project Managers, Subject Matter Expert’s (SMEs), Developers and QA Team on requirement gathering and change requests for current state legacy application to the future state application.
- Involved in understanding and reviewing the business process and possible improvements based on user requirement. Interviewing other end users, asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people
- Used MS Visio to create business process flowcharts and workflow diagrams.
- Involved in the maps & layouts for the HIPAA EDI transactions using 837 (I and P), 270, 271 transactions.
- Involved in detailing project mission, Data Process Flow Diagrams and timelines
- Prepared Workflow diagrams analyzed AS IS and TO BE scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the business process and various business scenarios
- Involved in the calculations and documentation using MS Excel, MS word, MS Access and PowerPoint
- Involved in process modeling, conducted & Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with System Users
- Performed the user acceptance test (UAT) and suggested recommendations for the applications
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations
- Thorough documentation of the entire process along with all its activities
Environment: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, Oracle, MS Excel, MS Access.
- Part of team working on various client projects testing SAP HR applications which included modules like US Payroll, Benefits, Time, Personnel Management and Organizational management.
- Also helped in the configuration of BRD and SAP HR workflows for various clients.
- Involved in the efforts to analyze specific application developed by third party for Confidential .
- The job involved extensive communications with the client team at Confidential, Dallas, USA in understanding and testing the functions and the technology behind the Confidential Education application system.
- Performed Requirements Analysis and GAP Analysis.
- Identified scope of Improvement on the Web Portal.
- Responsibilities also included developing reports using ASP, VB script, java Script and crystal reports.
Application Developer /Manual Tester
- Creating various master forms and transaction forms and reports using Visual basic, Java and Crystal reports.
- Testing All applications and conducting UAT sessions.