- Over 9 years of diverse experience in the field of Information Systems wif emphasis on Laboratory Management Systems, Healthcare Processes, Strategic Planning and Financial Projects focused on but not limited to Banking, Healthcare, Medicare, Pharmaceuticals and Bioinformatics industries.
Confidential, MINNEAPOLIS MN
Sr Business Analyst
- Facilitated multiple Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers the best practices and ceremonies of Scale Agile surrounding Claims and Clinical Trial content management.
- Worked on multiple projects including HSA, RSA Banks, Provider Portals and Infrastructure for Claims processing departments.
- Pioneered as the Business Analyst for multiple teams till they had reached stability and cadence providing them vital information of IBM UNICA and GeoNetwork requirements through Optum financial teams.
- Led and coordinated Daily Standups, weekly Plannings, Sprint Plannings, Retrospectives, Demos, Scrum of Scrums and other supporting ceremonies.
- Supported multiple Project Managers, Operation Engineers wif running their Agile ceremonies.
- Created project instances on Rally and HP ALM and configured Optum Clinical Editor.
- Led QA and JAD sessions on products supporting IBM UNICA business models. Communicated wif stakeholders about updates made and plans of performing good UAT.
- Collaborated wif Release Managers and Production Support to release developed products.
- Established and implemented Kanban board to support senior management and business users.
- Created customized burndown, burnup, velocity, throughput and forecasting tools.
- Created and presentation materials for visual aid to explain scenarios and solutions.
- Participated in stakeholder meetings and travelled to different vendors in reaching understanding of goals and delivery of projects.
- Generated visual and data oriented daily, weekly and monthly reports on delivery of products.
ENVIRONMENT: Rally, CA Agile Central, Claims, GeoNetwork, UNICA, MS Office, VPN, HP ALM
Confidential, IRVINE CA
Sr Business Analyst
- Worked as a Business Analyst providing insights and status of project implementation, communicate challenges and solutions to the Business users.
- Interacted daily wif Business users in gathering requirements and understanding the issues and responding in a timely manner.
- Duplicated Oracle Argus Safety reports managed through the reporting portals during migration of Cubes.
- Created new requirements for JD Edwards forms around new desired state discussed at product development meetings.
- Managed a team spread across Onsite and Offshore halping wif supporting multiple systems running .Net applications to tie into JD Edwards plugins.
- Provided support at multiple levels by the halp of running vbscripts, macros and batch processing and PowerShell commands.
- Worked closely wif the Technical team and Business users on custom excel models/report definitions respective to the Finance/Sales subject areas in and around their Web Content Management solutions (WCM).
- Used SQL queries to bring up data in view for analysis and correction if needed.
- Provided UAT support, data mapping documents and high level design documents.
- Understood the business by having discussions/meetings wif system analysts and business users.
- Provided estimates, ensured communication based on the requirement by understanding its complexity and scope.
ENVIRONMENT: Jira, Confluence, WCM, JD Edwards, Oracle Argus, MS Office, MS SSAS, PowerShell, VBSCRIPT, MS SSIS, MS SSRS, Oracle, Toad, RDP, VPN
Confidential, SAN DIEGO CA
Sr Business Systems Analyst
- Prepared the Scope of a project for internal software wif the Project Manager after attending the Feasibility Analysis.
- Attended and facilitated JAD sessions, interpersonal interviews wif the stakeholders, SME’s and quality analysts to gather current state requirements.
- Provided Level 2 and Level 3 support using macros and batch files, escalated as necessary.
- Gatheird information regarding software and hardware involved in the project to create infrastructure maps.
- Acted as the SME for the application team and the Infrastructure team conveying technical noledge and use cases for planning, design, development and implementation phases through Agile Scrum methodology.
- Lead management of current state requirements of internal software on confluence and regularly created reports for Project Lead teams and Technical Lead using macros.
- Planned and maintained PBI (story, defect and bug) writing structure on Jira wif specific attributes and additional plug - ins for maximum team efficiency.
- Gatheird further artifacts of DBA Leads and created Functional Specifications Document to add to the current state documentations supporting the scrum team.
- Created REST API Use Cases off of business requirements and made them ready for Backlog feed to be picked up by development team.
- Tested developed instances of REST API forms and compared Use Cases satisfying the business requirements.
- Took charge of translating existing out of date BRDs into updated use-cases, and adding context diagrams supporting UML 2.0 to model third party systems supporting internal software under development.
- Gatheird the Functional, Non-Functional, Data and GUI Requirements of a second external software to support a different team under the same department after studying several batches of Business Artifacts including 3 years of business performance reports.
- Managed and coordinated teams wif resources and noledge of business requirements around medical device manufacturing technologies, REST API content managers and associated reporting tools.
- Gatheird requirements to confirm the functional and data validation for test cases leading to UAT sign offs for proper product release.
- Prioritized the backlog for the product owner and kept inventory of PBIs after each story writing, pre-grooming, grooming and estimation meetings to support sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Performed GAP analysis from time to time to evaluate future state goals and timeline supporting team retrospectives.
- Worked to keep complete track of work progress of priorities through Jira and supporting plug-ins.
- Communicated status regularly to management via written reports.
- Used Data modeling to expand and elaborate various elements of data that could be stored, the size of these elements and the kind of information each element can contain to the scrum team.
- Used SharePoint Designer to Create and modify Master Pages and CSS templates for keeping production and test environment, build and credential data.
- Attended Daily stand-ups as a SME to provide guidance to the scrum team on system details and priorities on behalf of the Product Owner.
- Coordinated wif the application team and quality analysts in the creation of test plans, User Acceptance Test scripts and regression test cases.
ENVIRONMENT: Jira, Confluence, IntelliJ, Batch files, Macros, VBscript, Microsoft Office Suite, Custome frameworks, Glassfish, JBoss, Service-Now, REST, SOAP, Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft SQL Server Manager.
Confidential, PHILADELPHIA PA
Lead Business Tech Analyst
- me worked wif Identity Access Management team lead, Application development manager and BizTalk/Integration manager attending meetings in his behalf taking notes and updating him on a regular basis.
- Kept Architectural noledge of the Legacy IAM system and the newly introduced cloud based IAM system wif support of Operational Data Stores (ODS) connected to vendors (GAINE).
- Exceptional noledge of related vendors such as Health Edge applying the modern Health Rules system in storing and managing member data that connected to the primary Web Content Management (WCM) Solutions.
- Applied extensive noledge of NetIQ and RACF securities wifin complex Data Abstraction Layers (DAL) accessed on a daily basis.
- Kept track of all tasks in the form of Work Orders and Tasks in Team Foundation Server (TFS). Organized Work Items and generated Daily Reports using personalized Macros through Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Configured and updated Oracle Argus Safety compliance application for vendor plug-in in a dynamic environment.
- Wrote Oracle Argus Safety requirements and followed up wif testing them to confirm the development met the objectives.
- Kept track of QC Defects and Production Defects by participating daily triage and generating reports in HP ALM.
- Sat down wif Lead Architects in Architectural Forum meetings taking notes and communicating requirements to relevant Project Managers and Third Party Administrators.
- Lead meetings on behalf of the managers at their absence in managing and tracking work effort of both On-Site and Off-Site teams.
- Aided Application (.Net) team wif Web Service releases and meeting CAB deadlines for Production Bug Fixes.
- Advocated as a Subject Matter Expert/Liaison for the Enterprise Data Team, BizTalk team & Application (.Net) teams wif organizational updates and Project Dependencies.
- Addressed and coordinated effort in resolving Architectural issues wif noledge of Business Processes revolving connected vendors wif Data Discrepancies, Bootstrap Requirements, Latency bugs, Performance issues and Broken Connections.
- Led effort in resolving visibility of access points and permissions per user dealing wif missing information between OPTUM DRG and Health Rules ODS connecting to Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and JD Edwards databases.
- Exported and presented process diagrams off of JD Edwards for development support and presentations of progress to stakeholders.
- Worked wif BizTalk team in resolving EDI 835 (Claim) issues in QA & UAT wif joint effort of Testing and Off-Site Development teams.
- Attended CAB meetings to communicate RFCs demanded from the 3 Layers me was representing. Generated reports before meetings to make sure the relevant Documentations and Deployment Instructions were present wif each Request.
- Organized, Facilitated and Lead several Tech/Business meetings on behalf of the layer leads, took meeting minutes and followed up on Deliverables to completion.
- Worked under strict SLA in order to deliver solution on time and in sync wif dependant stakeholders and their projects.
- Configured Claims content management software maintaining payer and payee information.
- Introduced new security rules around Privileged Access Management and Multi Factor Access solutions around SSO, OAuth, PKI, TCPIPx, IGA and SAFe technologies.
- Applied new methods of processes in terms of Sprint Alignments, Work Order generations, converting defects to TFS Tasks and generating Team Summary reports on a daily basis updating Enterprise SharePoint Sites.
- Gatheird Business Requirements to take initiatives in Planning, Designing and implementing goals for Architectural and Governance Roadmap 2015.
- Generated, evaluated and loaded User Stories halping wif transformation to Acceptance Criteria in TFS while prioritizing items in Product Backlog as a part Product Owner.
- Kept track of Production Issues deemed as emergency and followed through till remedy and implementation on E-CABs.
- Kept track of active Work Items in percentage completed to generate reports to keep TPAs and Senior Officers up to date and present at weekly Leadership (LEAP) meetings.
ENVIRONMENT: TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio, WCM, IAM, MFA, Oracle Argus, Microsoft Project Server, Microsoft Project Professional, HP ALM, Customer Service App, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, RACF, Oracle, SQL, NetIQ, Cloud LDAP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Release Management, Health Edge, Health Rules, BizTalk, GAINE, Catamaran, SSIS, SCE, OPTUM DRG, LDW, Oracle Argus, EDW, ODS, OLTP, Claims, DAL, XML, SQL, .Net.
- me worked wif the IT Project Lead and EPMO BA to gather IT requirements halping several Current State and Future State, Architectural and Business meetings wif and on behalf of Business Stakeholders while providing objective intuition on System Estimates and Benefit Analysis.
- Integrated WSDL and application of WCM efficiency in dependency wif Trizetto Facets for employee access and network competitiveness of the providers’ network. Separated the input, output elements and made use of BI tools to halp wif future process flows to meet requirements.
- Managed HP Application Lifecycle Management tool for defect Triage and Solutions.
- Configured Optum Clinical Editor for Helathcare payer in processing Claims.
- Used Microsoft Visio for creating UML diagrams such as Systems Work Flow Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams & detailed presentations.
- Used MS SharePoint to keep Project Management documentations organized meeting compliance.
- Helped EPMO Lead BA in modification and organization of BRD in complementing the changes demanded by the evolving SRS, created/owned TRD and phased FRDs on the project wif space for Project Request for Change (PRFC).
- Coordinated teams wif internal data transfer wifin QA, UAT and Production stages. Helped Project Manager coordinate functional teams in accomplishing ETAs and overcoming technical roadblocks and bottlenecks.
- Managed Project Change Requests (PCRS) and Project Request for Change portals using HP ALM and complex macro-managed Microsoft Excel functionalities wif related User Stories defined along the lines of Acceptance Criteria.
- Used past experience in coding to analyze and reproduce XML and SQL queries in halping the Development and Data Warehouse teams. Involved myself in the Data Mapping and Data Modeling, documented the data architecture of the databases to escalate to the SME’s
- Attended and applied logic and upgrades discussed in central NY State Exchange meetings.
- Helped create and decipher Request for Proposal (RFP) for vendor software implemented in dependant projects.
- Effectively designed the Input and Output elements in complementing vendor suggested applications where WSDLs were provided.
ENVIRONMENT: HP ALM, MS-Visio, SQL, WCM, Optum Clinical Editor, GeoAccess, Claims, GeoNetwork, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, XML WSDL, SOAP, SharePoint, SSRS, FTP, MFT, EPMO
Business Analyst / IT Consultant
- me got involved in Cost Benefit Analysis and Critical Path Analysis wif the Project Manager in coordination wif the team members, and was involved in the Planning phase of SDLC to ensure valid business requirements.
- Held interpersonal Interview sessions wif various Focus Groups about patient care, including business owners, SMEs and technical leads, for effectively gathering requirements assuring that business objectives and priorities are aligned wif the planned scope.
- me had to follow the RUP methodology for the entire SDLC,create full life-cycle documentation from product requirements in the development stage to functional specifications, and organize all information in developing the BRD’s.
- me also performed Gap Analysis, designed new process flow charts, documented the business processes, various business scenarios and activities of the business from the conceptual to contextual level.
- Generated System Requirements Specification (SRD) for unifying the system requirements in a systematic formula.
- Created Use Case scenarios according to business needs and specifications and Implemented UML methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams.
- Provided customer support, field study and written case studies on Oracle Argus Safety Compliance tool and a full future state BRD document.
- Assured the formation of Required Traceability Matrix (RTM) of application functions, performance, and security requirements to the business process steps
- Involvedinfull life-cycle modeling(usingUML,MS VisioandMSAccess) fordevelopment, testing and deployment.
- me also designed new Web Services wif functional Web Methods supporting the SOA of the To Be model during the Logical Architecture Design.
- Performed Defect Tracking and Change Control Procedures using Rational Clear Quest, and Configuration Management, and Version Control using Rational Clear Case.
- Data was encoded and then decoded as needed by Data Warehouse in maintenance of proper versioning.
- Used Mercury Quality Center to look up defects and issues raised by testing activities.
- Produced and managed documentation on release activities to support problem resolution.
- Reviewed and evaluated all the modules of the software in the form of Functional and Regression Testing before delivery to stakeholders to confirm meeting the standard criteria.
- Performed basic UAT wif the different customers and different business modules. Interacted wif developers and various members of my team to discuss and resolve defects and their priorities.
- Finally me got to compare the past As-Is model and the To-Be or the present As-Is model; compiled all reports and error logs in an organized manner, made suggestions and upgrades for future releases and signed off.
ENVIRONMENT: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Oracle Argus, MS Access, MS Visio WSDL, Oracle, Mercury Quality Center, SOAP, BPEL, SharePoint, SSRS
- Attended several Interviews, Group Sessions where the details of the projects were discussed by the BA.
- Helped BA generate Functional Specifications Document (FSD), designed high and low level Use Cases using MS Visio complementing the User Stories confirmed by the PMBR team.
- Participated in meetings wif the SMEs and Data Owners to walk through the findings and understand the cleansing process.
- Joined more meetings held by BA where Logical and Physical Architecture team demonstrated desired Static and then Dynamic Prototypes.
- Stood closely wif the ETL team wif the Data Mapping document and assisted them to create the Mappings.
- Worked closely wif the architects, database administrators and technical team during Data Mapping and Data Integration.
- Involved in Data Modeling and Dimension Tables.
- Designed SQL Formulation Diagrams using MS Visio and discussed them wif the BA
- Executed the formulation of the SQL Database Structure along wif a team of 3 developers and compiled the tables wifin the Dev Server
- BA called Triage calls which returned wif minimal errors that me attended and applied the solutions wif the development team.
- Played a key role in explaining the User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Implementation of the system that followed.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL 2008, MS Visio 2008, Windows XP/Windows 7, UML and MS Office 2010