- Over 7 years of specialized experience working wif global financial institutions for implementing Straight Through Processing (STP) in trading applications.
- Noble understanding of Risk Management - VaR, Monte Carlo Simulation, Variance-Covariance and Historical Simulation, Calculation of Risk factors such as variance, standard deviation, Alpha, Beta.
- Valuable experience in Capital Market products, Fixed Income trading systems, Equity trading, Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), Mutual Funds and Financial Risk Management.
- Analyzed financial risks such as Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Volatility risk, etc., associated wif securities and measuring risk using metrics such as VaR, Duration, and Convexity
- Outstanding skills at requirement gathering analysis, Software Requirements Specification (SRS) translating teh requirements into clearly defined business requirement specifications & functional specifications and Software
- Excellent professional experience in Business Analysis and Project Management using SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, and RUP, Iterative, and Agile (Scrum))
- Organized and coordinated various project meetings such as JAD sessions, user meetings, walkthrough sessions and Change Request Analysis
- Extensive experience in Business Process Modeling by using MS Visio and developed various UML Diagrams - Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Object Diagrams and State Diagrams
- Hands on experience using Rational Requisite Pro for Requirement Management and Rational Clear Quest for Defect tracking and management
- Experience in System Testing and have performed Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, and stress testing wif hands on experience performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and have extensively prepared Test plans, Test Scenarios, and Test cases
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team, easily adapt to environment, can work and achieve good results under pressure and short time limits, very diligent and responsible wif exceptional communication skills.
- UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Microsoft Office suites
- Excel (wif VBA coding)
- Rational Tools
- Requisite Pro
- Clear Quest
- HP Quality Center (Test Director)
- SQL 2005/2008
- Oracle 10g
- Portfolio Center (Charles performance technologies).
Confidential, Whippany, NJ
- Acted as coordinator between teh Prime brokerage (PB) business unit and information technology (IT) group assisting in defining scope, requirements and priorities for teh implementation of teh Advent Geneva system.
- Created detailed specification for reference data processing (product, price, account master, country, broker, etc.); transaction processing (Equities, FX, Futures, Fixed Income and Derivative instruments), options and expiration processing, corporate actions (dividend announcements, stock splits, etc.), reconciliation (position and balance, FX recon, and tax lot reconciliation) and prime brokerage reporting.
- Analyzed reconciliation breaks for all asset categories (Equity, FX, Future, Fixed Income) investigation processing errors and managing manual changes in Geneva.
- Defined requirements for comprehensive p&l, appraisal and transaction history reports.
- Review specifications developed by other BA/QA, making adjustments as necessary and ensuring sign-offs from project sponsors.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions wif PB business unit, system architects, business analyst team, quality assurance team, and on-shore and off-shore system developers analyzing existing systems gaps and proposing changes for business process improvement.
- Mapped transactions (buy, sell, short sell, wifdrawal, deposit, pair off, IIS, etc.) and reference data elements (security master, customer master, price, broker, etc.) from source to Advent Geneva for portfolio accounting.
- Acted as Advent Geneva SME's to application developers, BA's, QA's, and other team members.
- Assigned tasks to requirements team members, and quality assurance analysts halping in defining priorities and managing continual progress of each task.
- Managed changes to baseline requirements through change control process and maintain requirements traceability to support all portfolio management functionality.
- Co-ordinate wif teh PMO group wif project planning, scheduling, resource management, status tracking and risk mitigation procedures.
- Created detailed test plans/test cases to conduct data integrity and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Managed bugs/defects list in Mercury Quality Center, assigning each defects to teh appropriate team members and reporting their status to project managers on a regular basis.
Environment: Windows XP Professional, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL, Microsoft Net Meeting, Oracle, Java, C/C++, XML, VB, Business Objects, Advent Geneva 7.6, Mercury QC, Tibco, Autosys, Task Orchestration, SQL Server.
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
- Arranged interviews wif portfolio managers, traders and stakeholders to gather and analyze customization requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions for critical features of teh system and for requirements validations.
- Performed Gap analysis for reengineering by identifying teh existing trading system and documenting teh enhancements to meet teh end state requirements.
- Created Use Cases and drew out requirements. Also created other UML diagrams like activity diagram, sequence diagram using Rational Rose.
- Prepared a traceability matrix for tracking teh requirement to software requirement specifications and test cases.
- Created and executed manual test cases and evaluated their results.
- Submitted issues and defects and assigned them to developers.
- Conducted UAT for teh users.
- Reported progress and maintained project documents, conducted walkthroughs and meetings.
- Provided teh development team wif portfolio rebalancing requirements, calculations and halp testing team understand it can create test cases for teh same.
- Worked post implementation on lesson learnt, checking and clearing bugs which can only be tested when teh system is live in couple of weeks.
Environment: UML, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro., RUP, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, Java
Confidential, Mt. Laurel, NJ
- Conducted user interviews, gatheird requirements, and analyzed teh requirements by using Rational Rose, Visio and Requisite pro - RUP.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes
- Designed and developed, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Visio and Business Process Modeling.
- Worked extensively wif Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, and Commercial and Residential mortgage, CMBS, MBS Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, MBS, CMBS, and Secondary Mortgage Market.
- Escrow and Reserve Administration, Escrow processing, Escrow Analysis, Non-Escrow Loans Collateral Inspection and Monitoring, Property Inspection, Income and Expense Statement Review, Inspection Report.
- Analyzed teh existing reports, reporting system. me collaborated wif teh Project Managers in teh development of weekly and monthly status reports, documentation of process flows, policies and procedures.
- Assisted wif user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Developed teh test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Utilized detailed knowledge of application features; functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis.
- Acted as a liaison for projects wif other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, Mercury Quality Center, UML, PL/SQL, Java/PHP/Oracle 9i
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Interacted wif various users to gain understanding on different stages involved in borrow request order and Lenders responses and fixed income securities.
- Assisted in designing teh format and different codes for teh various messages (XC, XB and XE messages)
- Acted as liaisonbetween stakeholders, system users, clients and managers to gather requirements.
- Created targeted Questionnaires forSME'sto gather requirements.
- CreatedBusiness Requirements Documentand converted them intoSystem Requirement specifications Document.
- Responsible for UML diagrams for requirement modeling for different scenarios such as Borrow Order Request, Borrow Order Reply, Borrow Order Accepted and Unexpected (Rejected).
- Created and managedproject templates, use case project templates, requirement typesandtraceability relationship.
- Coordinated wif teh development team, database team and QA team throughout all phases in theProject Life Cycle(PLC).
- Useddefect tracking tools such as Quality Centre and change management requestand discussed them wif teh team.
- Created and executedUser AcceptanceTest CasesandTestStrategies
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, Cognos, Mercury Quality Center, XML, UML, PL/SQL
Confidential, Arlington Heights, IL
- Accumulated customer requirements from various end through surveys, interviews and translated them into system requirements.
- Analyzed teh requirements and transformed them into teh BRD and FRD.
- Prepared UML activity, Collaboration, Activity and Sequence diagrams for detailed analysis of business objects using Agile Methodology wif special emphasis on Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Conducted JAD sessions wif stakeholders, end-users, SME, and QA/Development Team Leads to determine business and functional requirements for teh project.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify teh gaps in teh current system.
- Reviewed defect reporting and resolution in Mercury Quality Centre to track project progress against schedule.
- Wrote and executed system test plans, test cases and test data for teh web-based application.
- Performed functional, smoke, regression, usability, system and integration testing.
- Engaged in system testing during User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, Mercury Quality Center, XML, UML, PL/SQL