- Analyst with about 7 years of full life cycle development experience in business analysis, systems analysis, organizational change management and project management Results driven with a proven ability to deliver organizational improvements supporting business objectives and streamline procedures across the enterprise.
- About 7 years of diverse experience in Financial (Banking, Mortgage Industry), Healthcare industries.
- Experienced in full life cycle system development, from requirements gathering and business case development to maintenance and project management using PMBOK principles, RUP (Rational Unified Process), Waterfall, Agile, XP (Extreme Programming) and other proprietary system development lifecycles (SDLC).
- Excellent experience in business process flows, business process modeling, case tools, business analysis, gap analysis and organizational change management.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and worked with executives, developers, and end - users to define the exact requirements needed by a software solution.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document, USE Case Specifications, Software Requirements Specification (SRS) and Workflows.
- Experience in using software change and configuration management tools such as Clearcase, Clearquest and PVCS Tracker.
- Experience in using business modeling tools such as Rational Rose and MS Visio to generate data flow diagrams, process maps, flowcharts and UML diagrams.
- Experience with creating high level design architecture diagrams using functional, behavioral, information and physical views.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Exceptional analytical and reasoning ability.
- Experience creating Request for proposals (RFP) and evaluating vendor responses to RFPs.
- Excellent coordination skills coordinating project requirements and issues with clients, senior managers, developers, subject matter experts and other analysts.
- Good noledge of and management of requirement traceability matrices using requirement management tools such as Telelogic DOORs and Rational Requisite Pro.
- Experience creating business architecture documents such as business models, business governance, enterprise architecture and business process models.
- Excellent noledge of software testing tools such as WinRunner, Loadrunner and TestDirector.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- TEMPEffective contributor and motivator in a team environment
Programming Languages: Java 2, J2EE technologies (EJB, JSP, Servlets and JNDI), UNIX shell scripts, XML, XSLT, HTML, PL/SQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Solaris, MS DOS, Windows XP, Windows NT
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Office 2007, Rational Rose
Application Servers: Websphere Application Server, Websphere Portal, Tivoli Access Management, Tivoli Identity management.
Middleware: Websphere MQ, Message Broker
Requirements Management Tool: CaliberRM, Rational RequisitePro, DOORS
Testing: Quality Centre, WinRunner, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase
Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), RUP, UML, Structured Analysis/Design
MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Access Adobe Acrobat, MS Project
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gatheird Business Requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and documented the requirements in the BRD
- Web Portal Development - worked as a Business Analyst gathering requirements to develop a referral portal
- Documented Current State vs. Future State for a Referral Web Portal. Created process flow diagrams describing provider and member access to the web portals
- Analyzed and evaluated User Interface Designs, Technical Design Documents and Quality Assurance Test Conditions the performance of the application from various dimension
- Created Business Requirement Documents and Technical Requirement Documents as a result of meetings with the Business Areas. Obtained business sign offs on the documents after reviewing the final documents with them
- Assisted in creation of the Functional Design Document from the Business Requirements Document which was used as the reference by the development team while preparing the design and held the responsibility of the required data setup for unit testing
- Change Control Process - Led the Change Control Process for changes submitted for the BRD once the document was submitted to IT department
- Documented the UAT Plan for the project and worked with the UAT Team to ensure every acceptance criteria for the requirements TEMPhas been included in the UAT task plan
- Maintained the Traceability Matrix table to uniquely trace the identified business requirements to general design to testing as proof dat requirements requested has been developed into a solution and dat it TEMPhas been tested and tracked.
Environment: MS Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Oracle, J2EE technology
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
- Conducted user interviews, gatheird requirements and analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose, Requisite Pro - RUP.
- Conducted JAD session with Stakeholders, users, vendor and SME’s, Project Directors for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Documented High Level Logical Data Models and BRD supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Created Use-Case diagram, Sequence Diagram and Activity Diagram after accessing the scope of the Project and understanding the business processes.
- Modeled the AS-IS system and performed GAP Analysis for the existing system in order to map it to the To-Be system.
- Worked closely with the UI team to model the screens, which met user defined requirements, organizational and regulatory standards.
- Reviewed test cases written by QA team and made modification for better execution of test cases.
- Documented Requirement Traceability matrix in Requisite Pro for traceability of requirements through test cases.
- Coordinated with the PMO group in defining timelines & schedules for the project.
- Maintained and monitored Project progress status using MS Project.
- Communicated status of efforts to management and business partners on a regular basis to ensure dat all stakeholders has accurate and current information throughout the process.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and business users, fixed the discovered errors and verified it through regression testing
- Assisted end users and IT staff in the use of data to satisfy informational and reporting requirements and implementing and using SQL and DBMS
- Served as the primary point of contact between business and technical staff at all levels
Environment: UML, SQL, Windows Server 2003, Java, HTML, Excel, Visio, MS Project, Power Point,, Mercury Quality Center, Test Director, SQL Server 2005
Confidential, Troy MI
Business Systems Analyst
- Interacted with Stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to elucidate business requirements to create Business Requirements Document (BRD), System Requirements Document (functional and non-functional requirements), use cases, process flow diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Managed business requirements, functional requirements, test cases and requirements traceability matrix using Requirements Management Tool (Rational RequsitePro).
- Successfully transitioned from Waterfall to RUP to has a better control on the SDLC.
- Created Use Case, sequence diagrams or other visual aids to explicitly capture the requirements and lead the development of business process reengineering processes, procedures, and reports
- Managed and negotiated project change requests and supported ongoing enhancements and modifications to the production systems.
- Performed data analysis to map data from one system to the other, to ensure dat data fields get populated with accurate data entries during system enhancements
- Analyzed the data and relationship between different entities within a system and figure out the data mapping between entities in the different systems.
- Used various techniques during JAD sessions to ensure creativity and consensus in developing business solutions in a timely manner.
- Developed Project Status Metrics for weekly evaluation of Project Status and analyzed the impact of the open issues and change requests on the project plan using MS Project.
- Conducted need assessment activities using a variety of data-collection methods, including document reviews, interviews, focus groups, observations and surveys.
- Regularly involved in testing new features and new products in production and non-production environments using Mercury Quality Centre to implement the test plan and to run test reports.
- Constantly involved in negotiations and conflict management to resolve issues and achieve results.
- Developed plans to test business and functional processes during system development and user acceptance testing
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Interacted with team leads to gather requirements about functionalities need to be added/updated/enhanced.
- Worked extensively in order to understand loan application and web based UI.
- Prepared Functional Requirement Specifications based on questionnaire and JAD Sessions.
- Followed traditional Waterfall Approach for web-system upgrade.
- Created Process Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio 2002.
- Involved in major part of Software System Development Life Cycle - Requirement Analysis, Implementation Testing and Support.
- Maintained a file to track open requirements.
- Participated in Risk Mitigation Process to identify critical areas of risk and accordingly modified the process to reduce the same.
- Helped testing team to understand the business process and prepare test scenarios.
- Conducted walkthroughs with development team and stakeholders.
Environment: Windows XP, MS Visio 2002, and MS Office 2003
- Assisted HR manager in on-boarding new employees, conducting employee recognition events, developing new programs, and increasing employee communications between the departments.
- Monitored and reviewed key performance indicators in order to address performance issues and maintain alignment with the organization's strategic goals.
- Identified the activities which needed to be thoroughly analyzed so as to develop the level of performance of these activities in accordance with industry standards and specifications.
- Business partner to senior level executives and staff for employee population of 65000, including Headquarters and different telephone exchanges throughout Pakistan.
- Lead the strategic development, implementation and administration of all HR activity including recruitment and selection, Organizational design, learning and development, compensation, benefits, HRIS, union avoidance and safety.
- Assisted in formulating the specific solutions to address prioritized gaps.
- Worked as a change agent on a project of “Organizational downsizing” in consultation with “Mckinsey & Company” to redesign organizational structure, policies and processes, and prepared and updated job descriptions of identified positions within the company.
- In consultation with “Mckinsey & Company”, identified and developed different engagement plans including taking feedback from employees about the change management program, communicating importance of change for a company through internet and intranet, so to minimize resistance towards the change initiatives.
- As a change agent, redesigned corporate Performance Management Program and accompanying training module, focusing on core and functional competencies aligned with Company’s strategic objectives.
- In consultation with Mckinsey & Company, developed procedures for data file formatting, data analysis methodologies, and management reporting.
- Assisted in identifying data needs, data sources, data collection tools, performance targets and benchmarks, and assessment methodologies.
- Work with consultants to update job descriptions and performance appraisal form of the company.
- Developed and aligned performance management program with key organizational goals.
- As a change agent, developed and executed a Change Management Strategy to facilitate the new HRIS implementation by working with IT department to complete a full life cycle of importing data from Legacy HR system into SAP HCM by using LSMW(Legacy System Migration Workbench)
Environment: MS Project, MS SQL Server, IIS Server, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, SAP (HCM)