- Over 7 years of experience in Financial Accounting and Financial Reporting, Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Modeling.
- Expert knowledge of finance industry, capital markets (Primary market & secondary market), Asset management/Portfolio, Risk management/Wealth management, Retail private banking and Investment banking, Anti money laundering (AML).
- Strong understanding of Trading Life Cycle, Derivatives (Swap, Options, Warrants), Equities, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income ( corporate bonds, government securities like T - Bond, T-Bills, T-Notes, and Municipal Bonds) and Basel compliance.
- Experience working wif exchange trade and processing lifecycle from issuance, trade, clearing and settlement for investment bank, broker/dealer.
- Thorough understanding of Money Laundering phases (placement, layering, integration), OFAC, BSA, FinCEN, KYC, EDD, and CDD.
- Experience wif various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile, Waterfall and RUP.
- Proficiency in requirement elicitation by coordinating and facilitating JAD sessions, brainstorming, conducting interviews wif users, document analysis.
- Extensive experience gathering requirements and document workflows in to Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specifications, System Requirement Specification (SRS), GUI artifact, Data element documents wif in Service Level Agreement (SLAs)
- Experience wif creating of UML diagrams such as Activity, Use Case, Flowcharts, using rational products and MS Visio.
- Excellent documentation skills and experience developing Test Cases, defect tracking and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Expert Knowledge conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT), System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing, Non Functional Testing.
- Strong knowledge in planning and execution of the Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) Process.
- Proficiency in the implementation of normalization/denormalization techniques for optimal performance in OLTP/OLAP database environments.
- Expertise in Data quality management, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Data Warehousing and Data Mapping, Development of Entity Relationship diagram, SQL and reporting process.
- Organized, goal oriented, priorities multiple task TEMPeffectively, exceptional problem solving and sound decision making capabilities wif excellent communication and Analytical skills.
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- MS Access.
- Mock up Screens
- Rational Suite
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Rational Rose.
- Quality center
- Load Runner
- HR software
- General Ledger
- Sub Ledger
- Financial Modeling and Salesforce.
- Excel Macro
- Auto CAD
- SAP - ERP
Senior Business Analyst
- Prepared and review complex financial analyses including transaction impact analysis.
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyze the impacts of different capital structures, portfolio rebalance and analysis, compliance and credit research.
- Acted as a liaison between investment bank brokers, wealth management team, industry experts, system users, client managers and software development team to gather requirements and document work flow and result of business analysis in to Business Requirement Document (BRD) dat meets audit and SDLC standards.
- ConstantlyPartnered wif project leads to ensure the team is providing solutions dat meet established standards, procedures & practices, address issues, risk and mitigation plans.
- Assisted Project manager in maintaining and monitoring the progress and status of the project, providing high level estimate of efforts for analysis, implementation and support, estimating delivery schedule and resource allocation.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives, resolve any issues, come to an agreement and achieve goals.
- Performed feasibility and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user perspective based on capital market risk in various securities and derivatives dat enable investors to analyze and rebalance portfolio.
- Measured project performance on time and budget as per project plan
- Developed Use Case diagrams for every conceivable scenario, Activity diagrams, and UML diagrams in MS Visio.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs wif the development and QA teams wif the aim to develop testing strategies and test plan such dat test cases reflects user needs.
- Documented and track defects, as well as produced detailed report using Quality Center.
- Worked extensively wif client requirements to generate customized SQL reports.
- Defined and reviewed the data warehouse requirements wif the business users for getting the right data from source system to reporting purpose.
- Provided remote and onsite support to end user during and post implementation.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, UML, Microsoft SQL Server, Quality Center.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Hatboro, PA
- Gatheird business requirements pertaining to trading fixed income (Bonds), convert the same in to BRD and FRD.
- Conducting user interviews at both in-house and client locations gathering and analyzing requirements and implemented those ideas in to developing GUI wire frames models, technical and functional specifications.
- Worked closely wif retail brokerage team, strategic wealth professionals, portfolio managers, fixed income support team, project managers, and developers to enhance functionality and to correct problems wif fixed income trade related system.
- Developed several customized reports for clients querying Oracle database dat includes accounts P&L, Holding reports, Trading data, Account balance report and clearing and settlement report.
- Designed and developed ERD, Use Cases, Activity diagram, identified, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and use case scenarios.
- Conducted JAD sessions wif portfolio managers, traders, project stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- Ensure timely completion of project tasks, and deliverables wif high degree of quality and prioritizing task appropriately and resolve issues along wif project manager.
- Performed manual Testing along wif testers. Conducted UAT wif the business users.
- Worked wif Quality Assurance Analyst in HP Quality Center to track defects.
- Collaborated wif the Project Manager to organize training material and user manuals.
- Worked wif SQL queries such as select, insert, update and delete for data manipulations.
- Work on profiling the data for understanding the data and mapping document.
Environment: MS Office, UML, Visio, Oracle, UAT, HP Quality Center, SQL, Mock Up.
Confidential, Concord, NC
- Involved in Tax Provisioning system & Customer sourcing for reporting of the Broker/Dealer businesses to source its income by product type wif customer address for State Income Tax return filings as well as financial statement reporting.
- The scope was to build a Data ware House/ETL Tool which provides Tax ability to trace the revenue from the type of transactions from source systems through to the G/L Account balance and help Tax team evaluate the revenues to compute Tax provisioning.
- Gap analysis on Provision to Actual, Tax Workbook, and Procedures & Policies to identify the changes needed to be made to replace the firm’s existing Tax provisioning system.
- Perform analysis on data for - Commissions, Underwriting Derivatives/Equities/Fixed Income products to capture required data population (trade and reference) including customer information.
- Data Analysis (Trade & Reference Data) to analyze data from different source systems by executing SQL queries (which included Counterparty-TradeTransactions-Products-Entities-Department-Book’s) and reconcile against Book’s and Record’s to meet compliance requirements before it is sourced into the system being built for business users.
- Identified and created all necessary Business Use Cases from requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow regional stakeholders to communicate their perspectives wif each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Extensively worked on creating BRD, FRD & any required Change requests
- Understood the business logic, User Requirements and test-objectives to develop test plans, test cases, and test case execution using Test Director.
- Managed UAT Release for major software releases wif regional users & IT team. Performed UAT for various projects, and identified defects/bugs in the software and tracked them to successful resolution
- Liaised between the IT team and Business Users to resolve the gaps, defects/bugs identified during the course of UAT.
Environment: Agile/SCRUM, SQL Server 2008, Windows 7, PL/SQL, MY SQL, MY Access, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, Microsoft Project Professional, Test Director.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Interacted wif the stakeholders by interviewing them, by preparing questionnaire and getting feedback.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business Issues, Solution and made recommendation.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and documenting them textually or wifin models.
- Supported IT unit creating functional specification documents for the design, development and implementation of strategic projects.
- Analyzed and documented Business requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business.
- Supported the assigned project manager wif creating detailed project plans and assisting in developing, scheduling and tracking project timelines.
- Used MS Visio for flow-charting, process model and design of the application.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams according to RUP for the stakeholder review.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives wif each other, resolve any issues and come to an agreement quickly.
- Conducted FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs wif the designers, developers and stakeholders.
- Performed feasibility study and risk analysis to identify the business critical areas from the user perspective.
- Used Requisite Pro to document requirements, associated change requests wif requirements and connected requirements wif Use cases.
- Supported User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborated wif the QA team to develop test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test data to be used in testing, based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 8, MY SQL, PL/SQL, UAT, Rational Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio
- Interviewed all user areas to elicit their requirements for the new system.
- Created Use Cases and maintained traceability relationships using Requisite Pro.
- Involved in creating Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Functional Specification Documents (FSD).
- Used Rational Clear Case to maintain different versions of the system documentation wif description about all versions.
- Created business process flow diagrams and charts using MS-Visio.
- Involved in project management, developing project plans, setting project schedules and milestones, scheduling tasks and activities using MS Project.
- Played a key role in the planning User Accepted Testing and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Created product documentation, including online help, printed user manual, and training materials.
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, ClearQuest, RUP, UML, Winrunner, Load Runner, Oracle, SQL, MS Office, MS-Project, MS Visio and Windows.
- Participated in gathering user requirements, developing functional and non-functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Developed use cases/diagrams, conceptual model, behavior diagrams (sequence, -collaboration, state chart, Activity), using MS Visio.
- Responsible for working wif the manager and other users and creating Work flow diagrams as per the data analysis.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business Requirements Documents (BRD) wifin project timelines.
- Work wif the Technical Analyst and development team to ensure dat they understand the specifications.
- Extensively involved in coming up wif test specifications, test cases and test manuals for the application.
- Performed unit testing, functional testing, integration testing, stress testing and code inspection review to make sure the deliverables are match wif business requirement.
Environment: Windows 98,MS Project, MS Visio, Visual Basic, Crystal Report, Win Runner, HTML, MS Office, SQL.