- Versatile management professional with 8+ years of work experience as Sr. Business Analyst with in - depth knowledge of software development and exhaustive expertise in business process analysis.
- Managed highly visible, complex projects with aggressive time-lines and delivered cost effective, high performance technology solutions to meet challenging business demands.
- Strong Analytical, Problem Solving, Decision Making and Project Management Skills. Proven Success in Business Requirements gathering, Analysis, Business Process flows (As-Is and To-Be), UAT, Work breakdown structure (WBS), RACI Matrix.
- Experience in liaising with business and technical stakeholders and coordinating with cross functional team to meet the business objective.
- Extensive experience working on Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Flexible working with remote team.
- Facilitated meetings with remote team to keep track on project and make sure everyone is on same page.
- Extensive experience in creating artifacts like Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), and GUI Mock-up Screens.
- Highly Skilled in various requirements elicitation techniques and analysis such as client interviewing, requirements workshops, survey, and Joint Application Development (JAD).
- Interacted with Stakeholders, SMEs, PM, Developers and Users to understand business processes, various stakeholders’ needs and translating them into requirements.
- Extensive experience in UML Modeling like Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Process Work Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams.
- Extremely proficient with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases, and different development methodologies like Scrum, Waterfall, and RUP.
- Experience in HP Application Lifecycle Management (HPALM) and HP Quality Center (HPQC) and Rational Clear Quest in managing requirements and tracking defects, and well versed in conducting various types of testing including Regression Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experience with various tools for planning, tracking and managing project such as Rally, TFS, and MS Project Professional.
- Experience with MS Visio to model various UML diagrams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools like MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Experience using BPM to model business process flow for performing workflow analysis and business process analysis for Business Process Re-engineering to enhance the business process.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Warehousing architecture, implementation approaches, schemas, dimensional modelling.
- Assisted in creation of Data Marts and ODS. Involved in developing OLAP cube for performing various operations like Roll-up, Drill-Down, Slice, Dice through SSAS, designing and developing various reports through SSRS and IBM Cognos.
- Extensive experience in working with different web services such as WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST under various architectures such as Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Involved in scripting business logic in the web methods of the web services, and documenting the Web Service Level Agreement (WSLA) document through the use of XML.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong Customer orientation and Client interfacing skills.
- A self-motivated professional, possessing good Technical, Leadership, and problem solving skills and proven to be a good Team Leader
- Domain Knowledge - Healthcare Information System, Healthcare Insurance, HIPAA Guidelines
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Mockup Screens, Requisite pro, Clear Case, Clear quest
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Rally
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum/RUP
BI Reporting Tools: Tableau 8.3, Crystal Report, IBM Cognos 10, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Database: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , Oracle 8/9/10/11
ETL Tools: Informatica, Data Stage
QA Testing Tools: HPALM, HP Quality Center
Documentation Tools: MS Office Suite, Share Point 2010/2013
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Business Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Gained insight about the structure, business model, and existing health care process referring to legacy documents and Share Point.
- Responsible for deciding the Scope of the Project with Team and giving input to finalizing the list of User Stories description for release.
- Coordinated with Product Owner to create Work break down structure (WBS), manage schedules, deadlines, resources and the project tasks using MS Project.
- Responsible for facilitating Focus group analysis with real time users in order to understand their pain points and making sure that the requirements are adhering to the problems in terms of better modification in the project.
- Developed and presented User Stories to communicate user requirements to the development team and assisted in creating Product Backlog by working with the Product owner.
- Interacting with the SME’s in order to make sure that the newly initiated requirements are complying with the legacy requirements and the legacy code of the system.
- Facilitated Sprint Planning meeting, Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings.
- Worked collaboratively with Product owner, Developers and QA team in Sprint Demo Session.
- Hosted Backlog refinement meetings for managing the higher priority product backlog items.
- Tracked the Velocity using Rally and facilitated the process by resolving the conflict in the team, managing the impediments throughout the project, and calculated the capacity of development team.
- Responsible for facilitating the Design Spike Sessions with the developers and testers and brainstorming ideas according to the business acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for maintaining a track and progress of the development and testing team and making sure that they are facing no blockers for initiating the iteration.
- Responsible for handling production issues via REMEDY tickets, performing analysis and following up on their fixes and assignment to release as applicable.
- Conducted Smoke & Ad hoc testing in order to assess the viability of the shippable product at various Development Environments.
- Coordinated and controlled Requirement Churn for the client by conducting Impact and Cost analysis.
- Interacted with Scrum Masters of other teams in order to track the Dependencies.
- Conducted Weekly Scrum Meetings with other Scrum Masters.
- Used Rally to plan and track sprints, and also for proper management of scrum project.
- Reviewed Test Procedures, Defined Test Cases, and Analysed bugs, interacted with team members in fixing errors through extensive use of Rally.
- Facilitated User acceptance testing (UAT) and Integration testing.
- Used Rally to manage schedules, deadlines, resources and the project tasks.
- Worked with remote team and facilitated meetings to keep track on project.
- Closely involved with system migration strategies, readiness assessment, deployment and training requirements and execution of training plans.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Rally, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint 2013, Mock-up Screens, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, JAVA, HTML, XML
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Sr. Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Participated in the Planning, Development, Coordination and Presentation of specific testing needs as appropriate to the quality assurance needs of the end user.
- Transformed the needs of stakeholders into various requirements, and eventually into Business Logics, Validations, and System Specifications.
- Responsible for Elicitation meetings with the team PMBR and reviewing Business Requirements.
- Responsible for getting approvals from the Business on the Business Requirements.
- Facilitated Poker Planning sessions for the development team at the beginning of every sprint, in order to provide dedicated user story hours for release.
- Responsible for creating mock ups on the basis of the output of the brainstorming sessions and making sure to include the inputs coming from technical team.
- Responsible for creating technical acceptance criteria based on the business user stories and business acceptance criteria and the mock ups created on the basis of brainstorming sessions.
- Responsible for presenting the acceptance criteria to the Technical (development, test, architecture, infrastructure) teams and getting their input from a user’s perspective.
- Responsible for creating functional requirements as per the acceptance criteria in ALM.
- Responsible for creating error messages and error codes in an error code spreadsheet for the testing and development teams.
- Responsible for updating the new error message created in the error code spreadsheet and also updating the version of the error messages in the error code spreadsheet.
- Responsible for populating the validations and Error tab and making sure that every validation is populated with the reference error code.
- Responsible for peer reviewing the developer code documentation and making sure that the code matches the scope of the user stories.
- Responsible for peer reviewing the test codes and making sure that a happy path scenarios and non - happy path scenario of the user stories was created.
- Responsible for facilitating JAD sessions with the technical team in order to clarify any technical questions on behalf of the business acceptance criteria and technical acceptance criteria.
- Responsible for interacting with the SME’s and understanding the underlying principles of the system in order to troubleshoot any technical questions posed by the technical team.
- Responsible for making sure that if there are any defects than they are being recorded in the ALM defect module.
- Responsible for making sure that the defects have linked requirements and linked test case to maintain a traceability matrix.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), MS Project, Visio, UML, Oracle, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL Server, ALM.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
Business System Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between management and Data Warehouse management team.
- Involved in Project Management activities like defining / managing project scope, schedule management, creating project plans, tracking and communicating project status and deliverables.
- Extensively interacted with data analysts during the ETL operations in identifying the source files/databases and implementing the transformation logic for achieving data uniformity in operational data store (ODS).
- Facilitated JAD sessions with focus groups, requirements workshops, Interface analysis and prototyping to effectively understand the analytical reports needed by the internal clients.
- Negotiated with the DW architects and developers to identify appropriate dimensional modelling (identifying dimensions/facts/referential integrity), measures (additive/semi-additive/non additive) and sizing (in terms of number of columns, records per dimension and fact table).
- Used Mockup Screens to convey the look and feel of GUI screens for the end users to developers.
- Worked on Visio to prepare Use Cases diagrams, process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams.
- Demonstrate Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) using Rational Requisite Pro to trace the completeness of requirements.
- Manifest Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the application performance measurement in specific functional area of the organization.
- Exhaustively used SQL queries for data analysis, system verification and validation.
- Involved in identifying and suggesting the different dimensions (slowly changing dimensions/rapidly changing dimensions) required for generating the reports and OLAP cubes to facilitate the multi-dimensional view of the data to generate slicing/dicing, roll-up/drill-down reports.
- Thoroughly interacted with the designers, developers to ensure functional implementation of business requirements and QA Team in executing Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Coordinated the execution of Unit Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Performance & Service level testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Hybrid, .Net, Windows (98/XP/7/Vista/8), MS Office Suite, MS Project, Rational Rose, UML, SQL Server Services, Pentaho, Informatica, HTML, XML, SQL.
- Gathered all written artifacts and referred share point to understand the legacy system.
- Inculcate various elicitation techniques like focus group and JAD session for gathering requirements and prepare gap analysis document.
- Used MS Project to manage resources, deadline, and project task and create Work break down structure (WBS).
- In corporate finger print scanning and OCR functionality as a part of project.
- Prepared BRD and convert business requirement into IT requirements to populate SRS.
- Designed various UML diagrams using MS Visio and Mockup screens.
- Performed gap analysis of existing WebServices already used by departments like Claims, Underwriting, Legal and Finance and utilizing those for the main Dashboard.
- Interacted with QA team about Test Plan, and Test Cases.
- Analysed bugs and fixed errors through extensive use of HP ALM.
- Associated in Unit testing and Integration testing.
- Facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Java, Windows 7, MS Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, Mockup Screens, HP ALM, Rational RequisitePro, SQL Server Services, Tableau.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, documentation and test plans related to commercial lending.
- Worked extensively with SMEs in understanding and documenting their requirements. Worked with all levels of client staff in the process of solution definition.
- Assisted with product evaluation, product customization and system integration. Conducted GAP analysis around the identification of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams and Activity Diagrams using UML.
- Supported testing, Test Cases in HP Quality Centre that would test various Test scenarios.
- Authored business requirements documents with the business users. Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and team members.
- Involved in documentation during various phases of development life cycle.
- Coordinated activities between business unit and technical staff, developed new methods, policies, and procedures to meet the business needs, as well as acted as primary trainer in educating the business units, related to business applications.
- Performed UAT on business requirements, technical specifications and business objective.
Environment: .Net, Microsoft Project, Rational Clear Quest, UNIX, MS Excel, SQL Server.
Jr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with the customers and internal stakeholders to gather user requirements and their expectations from the system.
- Connected in analyzing Business Requirements and developing System Specifications.
- Assessed business priorities, and advised business units on risks and Cost-Benefit analysis.
- Used Rational Rose to generate various UML Diagrams and prototypes.
- Transferred the training modules on the E-Learning Platform through Articulate.
- Concerned in incident reporting and change and configuration management procedures using Clear Case.
- Used various interactive games and quizzes using Softwares like Raptivity & Elicitus.
- Participated in the development and preparation of the test plan and test cases for LMS.
- Created training plans and SOP aimed at seamless operation of the LMS on the e-Learning platform.
- Responsible for loading, testing, and maintaining courses/content and learning tracks in LMS.
- Created various types of reports/sub-reports and drilldown like standard and cross tab reports with bar chart, pie chart and line-chart graph representation reports using Crystal Reports.
- Closely involved with deployment and training requirements and execution of training plans.