- Highly accomplished Senior Business System Analyst and Scrum Master wif 8+ years of extensive Industry experience and a proven track record of working in complex IT projects and exceeding expectations in teh Financial and Banking domain. Known and recognized for working collaboratively across all teh levels and wif stakeholders to understand and solve problems through effective use of teh system and technology. Broad - based business acumen, rare blends of analytical skills, technological acumen, and management/leadership capabilities.
- Innately talented in leveraging and automating technology to eliminate inefficiencies and to optimize teh use of available resources. Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, work ethics, highly adept at diplomatically facilitating discussions and negotiating wif teh stakeholders. Recognized project management skills, consistently deliver complex, large-scale tasks on time and wifin allocated budget.
- Highly skilled at Requirement Gathering, Analysis and translating teh Business requirements into well-defined Functional and Non-Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Possess excellent writing skills required for documenting Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Use Case Documentation, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Data-Mapping Document, System Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) Requirements and transforming into Functional Specifications.
- Professional experience in varied Software Development Methodologies including Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, RUP wif over 4 year of experience working as a Scrum Master.
- Highly proficient in conducting various Elicitation Methods such as Focus Groups, Requirement Workshops, Interface Analysis, Prototyping, Reverse Engineering, Survey/Questionnaire.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for eliciting Functional/Non-Functional Requirements.
- Experience in implementing Master of Data Management (MDM).
- Experience wif Pega application, framework, and BPM tool design and support, including supporting applications.
- Expertise in conducting GAP, Impact, Cost-Benefit, Root Cause, Feasibility Studies, Risk Analysis and As-Is and To-Be Business analysis.
- Prepared UML Diagrams Including Use Cases, Activity Charts, Sequence Diagrams and Data Flow Diagram, Entity Relationship (ER) Diagram.
- Created Test Cases, Test Plans and Test Scripts for testing purposes.
- Extensive Experience in facilitating Scrum Ceremonies; using various Estimation Techniques such as Planning Poker and T-Shirt Sizing; conducting Prioritizations Technique such as MOSCOW and Kano Technique.
- Good understanding and experience wif integrated document management systems
- Excellent understanding of 401k, 403b, or 457 retirement plans.
- Knowledge of Accounting Cycle, US GAAP, and familiarity wif IFRS framework adopted by IASB.
- Thorough understanding of Service Oriented Architecture(SOA),Active MQ, BMC Orchestrator, XML, Three-Tier architecture, Ajax, Web-Services(SOAP, UDDI, API, WSDL), Dummy Data, Hard-Coding Client-Side Validations and Server-Side Validations.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of Statistical methodologies.
- Experience in SQL queries/scripts for data analysis including triggers procedures.
- Highly Experienced in conducting and Facilitating Functional Testing (Unit Testing, Integration Testing) Non-Functional Testing (Load Testing, Compatibility Testing), Black-Box Testing, White Box Testing, Gray-Box Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Data-Modelling, Data Warehousing, Schemas, Data Marts, Extract/Transform/Load (ETL).
- Experience in migrating data from OLTP to OLAP using ETL Tools.
- Business Intelligence reporting using SQL Server services like SSRS, SSIS, and SSAS.
- Outstanding Functional Analysis Skills.
- Exceptional Communication, Problem-Solving, Public Speaking, Leadership, Critical Thinking, Conflict Management, Assertive and Documentation Skills.
- Mastery in Project Management Processes, outstanding grasp on Project Management Tools, Testing Tools and Defect Reporting Tools.
- Acted as source to find external web services to be consumed by project from UDDI registry.
- Business Intelligence reporting using SQL Server services like SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Extensively interacted wif teh designers, developers to ensure functional implementation of business requirements and teh QA team in executing Test Plans, Test Case scenarios, Test Logs, Test Objectives.
- Involvement in Data Mining / Dimensional Modeling, Database Debugging, Content Management System and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau Desktop 8.2, IBM Cognos, Spotfire, Informatica Power Center.
- Solid understanding of SOAP & REST protocol and other internet protocol suite like HTTP, TCP, FTP.
- A thorough understanding of teh investment instruments like Equities, options, Bonds, Commodities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Futures.
- Experience wif Pega SDLC processes and Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Knowledge of Dodd Frank Regulation, SOX, FINRA, CFTC, SEC compliance and Integration.
- Proactive and dedicated team player wif proven record of delivering high quality work under tight deadlines and multitasking to achieve business goals.
Finance: Portfolio Management, Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Wealth Management, Trading Systems, Fixed Income Securities, Bond Strategies, Mortgage Backed Securities, Forwards (Equity, Bonds, Interest Rate, Currency), Futures, OTC, Fixed Income Bonds, Convertibles, Financial Management, Financial analysis, T-Notes, T-Bonds Equities, Options, Swaps (Credit Default Swaps CDF, Interest Rate Swaps, Currency Swaps), 401k, 403b, 457 Retirement plans. GAAP, Cash Flow analysis, Forecasting, IFRS, GAAS, Exchange Traded Funds ETF, Dodd-Frank Act, Volcker Rule, Sarbanes-Oxley Act SOX, Money Market
Project Management Tools: Unified Modelling Language (UML), Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Rational Rose, MS-Project, MS-Sharepoint 2007, 2010, 2013, BPMN, Rally, Jira, Kronos
Methodologies/Framework: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RUP, Hybrid and Kanban
Database: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , My SQL Work bench V5.2, MS Access
Business Intelligence Reporting Tools: Tableau, Crystal Reports, Cognos (Report & Query Studio), Informatica, Spotfire, MS Office Suite, SQL server integration services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS), Teradata
ETL Tools: Informatica, IBM Cognos, Data Stage, Server Data Tools-Business Intelligence (SSDT)
QA Testing Tools: HP QC, Jira, Greenhopper, Hp LoadRunner, ClearQuest
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint 2013, MS Project, MS Visio
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Relational Database, Dimensional Database, Data Mining, Query/Reporting, Hadoop, Python, Hive, Google Analytics
Web-Technologies: JAVA, .NET, PHP, JQuery, AJAX, APACHE
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, JSON, Python
Databases: SQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Sr. Business System Analyst/ Scrum Master
- Work wif teh Internal Customers, business users and project stakeholders to gather new functional and technical requirements and refining teh existing ones. Use Brainstorming, Document Analysis, Interviewing, Focus Group and different requirement Elicitation Techniques for having a detailed understanding of teh Business Requirements.
- Interacted wif SME’s, Customers & Business Users, asking detailed questions and carefully recording teh requirements in a format dat can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Performed GAP analysis & Feasibility Study of teh Legacy and New System.
- Create and Manage Issues (User stories, Bugs, Ops Tasks, Epics), Workflows, Backlog and RBA Dashboards in Jira.
- Facilitate teh Sync-Up meeting (JAD sessions) wif Internal Customers and Business Users. Report progress on their requirements and discuss challenges faced by teh team in fulfilling teh requirements and potential solutions.
- Facilitate teh Daily Standup and resolve teh blockers faced by teh team.
- Conduct Backlog Grooming session wif teh team and make sure all teh Jira Issues are updated and clear to understand.
- Lead Sprint Planning & Sprint Review meeting. Discuss teh accomplishments, challenges and failures faced by teh team in teh Sprint Retrospective Meeting.
- Work wif teh project manager on deciding teh goals for teh upcoming Sprints & document Sprint planning notes for teh Team.
- Create Mainframe, Use case, activity and Architectural diagrams in JIRA Confluence.
- Generated Burn down chart and tracked teh status of each sprint cycle for teh release.
- Create Business Processes in ARIC and rectify & Fix errors in teh failed processes
- Prioritize user stories using MoSCoW and Planning Poker techniques.
- Conduct back-end testing of teh application using SQL queries.
- Perform Integration, Smoke & Load testing; conduct a detailed analysis on teh same and work wif teh developers in rectifying and resolving teh bugs.
- Facilitate teh Release Meetings; document & update Release Method of Procedure (MOP) for all teh Releases and create a Roll-Back Plan for teh releases.
- Create & Use Mockup Screens to convey look and feel of teh GUI screens of ARIC for teh Business users and teh developers.
- Make REST and SOAP API Request(GET, POST, UPDATE, DELETE) for collecting, deleting, updating information of different APIs.
- Create Process-Flow Diagrams for teh Next-Gen Automation Framework
- Assist Project Manager wif Work-Breakdown Structure.
- Use SQL Queries like Create, Delete, Update, and Inner, Outer, Left, and Right joins to update teh database and retrieve data for data analysis and validation from Core database.
- Create Process-Flow Diagram of teh Next-Gen Automation Framework and present it to teh Business Users and teh Internal Customers.
- Prepare Test cases, Scenarios & plans wif assistance of QA.
- Prepare Project Scope & Dependencies Documentation and provide Knowledge Transfer to teh new recruits in teh team.
Environment: UML, JIRA, Apache ActiveMQ, Box, JSON, PYTHON, JAVA, XML, Github, SOAP, REST, BMC Atrium Orchestrator, Cassandra, Mongo DB, Architect, Slack, Chef Cookbooks.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Worked wif decision makers, system owners, business users and SME’s to has clear understanding of teh high level requirement and goals of teh project.
- Performed GAP analysis and identified AS- IS and TO-BE state to identify business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, requirements and assumptions.
- Analyzed existing Artifacts and Gathered Business Requirements, analyze data/workflows. Defined teh scope, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis.
- Perform data extraction, manipulation, cleaning, analysis and QA of large datasets.
- Assisted developers in developing site using Sharepoint.
- Used SharePoint as an Artifact repository to be shared wif all teh team members.
- Worked closely wif end-users and stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of teh requirements and gathered requirements using Artifacts digging, Interviewing, Prototyping, Benchmarking and job shadowing to prepare comprehensive set of documents and to define teh specifications and business value of teh systems and delivered them in teh Business Requirements Document and teh Functional Requirements Document.
- Responsible for implementing reporting solutions dat halped stakeholders to make effective decisions.
- Refining metrics and standard reports to better serve teh needs of Financial Advisors seeking decision support.
- Involved in Data Reconciliation of teh financial data to be provided to teh Financial Advisor.
- Implemented Scrum methodology during teh project life cycle and ascertained deliverables on a per sprint basis
- Helped to prioritize user stories using MoSCoW techniques.
- Used Scrum Related tools such as JIRA to document and prioritize user stories, issues, tasks and measure performance through burn down charts/velocity charts. Maintained meeting notes and presented weekly status reports on teh project using Business Object Crystal Report.
- Good understanding of Commodities market.
- Liaise wif regional compliance teams to document trade surveillance scenarios
- As a Sr. BA developed good understanding of Financial Instruments, Asset Allocation, Commodities, Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Money market instrument, Fixed Income, Credit and Market Risk.
- Created UML activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Coordinated wif teh Business Objects developers in building universes and developed various reports like Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area, and Pie Charts for analysis.
- Assisted system architect in writing client side validations for teh UI webpages and also assisted UI developers in creating Ajax for dynamic and interactive UI pages.
- Defined and suggested SOAP, Javascrips, AJAX, XML based web services, web methods and application programming interfaces (API’s) based on JAVA.
- Created Stub Data in XML and provided to UI developers to progress teh web page development.
- Referred to UDDI to access external web services in WSDL and also assisted in formulating SLA agreement..
- Facilitated teh process of orchestration by providing process flow diagram in order to automate teh business process.
- Used Hadoop and in-house big data tools to analyze data feed, data trends, and segment analysis
- Used Kronos for Resources Time & Attendance and Data collection.
- Performed data analysis and cleansing on teh basis of business rules and source data.
- Conducted Traceability Matrix to track a particular issue to its destination requirement using Jira.
- As a Scrum Master me facilitated Scrum Ceremonies including Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Responsible for writing, estimating and prioritizing User Stories in Product Backlog in assistance wif teh Scrum Development Team and Product Owner.
Environment: SDLC, MS Visio, Windows 10, UML, SharePoint 2013, MS SQL, Jira, XML, SOAP, MS Project, Mockup Screens, MS Office Suite.
Confidential, Durham, North Carolina
Sr. Business System Analyst/Scrum Master
- Conducted Feasibility Study of teh project to analyze teh viability of teh project.
- Elicitation of functional/non-functional requirements and did Focus Group wif teh SMEs like teh tech leads, developers and stakeholders to prepare teh Business Requirement Document (BRD)
- Interacted wif SME’s, asking detailed questions and carefully recording teh requirements in a format dat can be understood and reviewed by both technical and business people.
- Used SharePoint to work collaboratively wif teh team and keep track of teh product development lifecycle.
- Used SharePoint as Artifact Repository to give access to teh team to edit and work on teh Requirement document.
- Broad knowledge & understanding of financial markets, including FX, Financial Futures, Fixed Income, Equities & Equity Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Commodities etc.
- Performed extensive Due Diligence and Artifact Digging to understand how teh Credit Risk Management System works.
- Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) wif teh entire team to decide on teh type of software architecture to be implemented in teh project.
- Prepared Logical Architecture Diagram (LAD) and Physical Architecture Diagram (PAD) from teh inputs of teh JAD session using MS Visio.
- Assisted Architecture in Preparing teh Low-Level Design(LLD) and High-Level Design Document (HLD) to be included in teh System Requirement Specification (SRS).
- Build data intelligence around business rules to deliver reportable and actionable information to stakeholders.
- Prepared a detailed requirements documentation based on user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and 401k, 403 b or 457retirementplanindustry requirements.
- Developed solid documentation by analyzing current processes and design business processes modeling notification (BPMN) utilizing UML for object oriented design.
- Responsible for creating teh Use Case for teh application and Activity Diagram for teh functionalities of teh application.
- As a scrum master coordinated wif teh Product owner in prioritizing teh user stories in teh product backlog, facilitated teh daily scrum meeting, sprint planning & review meetings at teh beginning and end of each sprint cycle.
- Collaborated wif teh Data Analyst to design data profiling, Data Cleansing and Data Transformation.
- Assisted Product Owner/Business in management of Product Roadmap and Product Backlog.
- Defined and suggest to use Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Using XML based Web-Services and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
- Assisted system architect in writing client side validations for teh UI webpages and also assisted UI developers in creating Ajax for dynamic and interactive UI pages. Conducted Focus Group wif teh Architectures and Tech-leads to formulate various Client Side Validations and Business Rules.
- Work closely wif product owner in backlog management and continuous delivery of features and also maintained burn down chart and team velocity.
- Assisted teh Content Management System (CMS) Developer to suggest and define teh Content to be published on teh application.
- Used various SQL commands like Create, Delete, Update, and Inner, Outer, Left, and Right joins to update teh database and retrieve data for data analysis.
- Used JIRA for issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Worked wif QA team in designing test cases and test scripts.
- Used various SQL commands like Create, Delete, Update, and Inner, Outer, Left, and Right joins to update teh database and retrieve data for data analysis and validation.
- Actively trained business users involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and halped them understand UAT procedure.
Environment: Scrum Agile, Tableau, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Mockup Screens, SQL Server Services, Window 98/XP/7/Vista/8, XML, SharePoint
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Developed high-level and low-level documents like Business requirements documents (BRD), Functional requirements documents (FRD) and System requirements specification (SRS).
- Performed Traceability Matrix using MS-Excel.
- Conducted Business workflow analysis, process analysis, SWOT analysis, cost-benefit analysis and Gap analysis to know teh condition of teh current system in use.
- Used Unified Modeling Language (UML) to prepare Use Cases diagrams, process flow diagrams, sequence diagrams from teh gathered requirements and created diagrams using MS Visio.
- Gathered business requirements using appropriate elicitation techniques like user observation, brainstorming, client interviewing and document analysis. Conducted JAD Sessions wif various stakeholders and project team.
- Designed periodical, weekly, and quarterly corporate accounting reports and Finance reports for administer general ledger reconciliations.
- Interface wif customers to understand their business needs which includes onsite training and data delivery as well as responding to ad hoc requests.
- Involved in to analysis of data feed, data trends, and segment .
- Involved in Designing, building and maintaining dashboards
- Collaborated wif Stakeholders to understand and collect Data quality Requirements and specifications
- Facilitated questionnaire sessions to identify business rules, requirements and document them in a format dat can be reviewed and understood by both teh business professionals and technical team.
- Involved in Project Management activities like defining / managing project scope, schedule management, creating project plans, tracking and communicating project status, deliverables, and milestones using Gantt chart.
- Coordinated wif QA to create test plan &Test cases for system testing.
- Worked alongside teh Content Management System (CMS) Strategist to review teh content of teh application on regular basis.
- Assisted developers for designing teh web pages of teh application using SharePoint.
- Involvement in Data Mining/dimensional Modeling, Data Extraction/ Transformation/ Loading (ETL), OLAP operations like rollup, drill down, slicing/dicing, pivoting using BI tools and Business Intelligence Reporting using Tableau.
- Participated in brainstorming sessions on Quality Analysis, Manual/Automated Testing and defect tracking.
- Conducted and facilitated teh Unit testing, Functional Testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Validated ETL mappings and tuned them for better performance and implemented various Performance and Tuning techniques.
- Worked closely wif User Interface (UI) developer and project team on clarifying requirements throughout teh project lifecycle.
- Conducted Business/technical Impact analysis to cater change requests made by teh stakeholders.
- Used HPALM for updating teh status of all teh Test Cases & Test Scripts dat are executed during testing process and for defect tracking and prioritizing defects and for enhancements after base lining teh requirements.
Environment: Waterfall/Agile/scrum, Windows (98/XP/7/Vista/8), MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), MS Project 2010, Visio, UML, SharePoint 2010, SQL, HTML, XML, Mockup Screen, HPALM, HPQC,SQL server, SharePoint.
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, artifact digging and User Interface analysis of teh existing Financial Analysis Portal system.
- Conducted Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis and Feasibility Study of teh project.
- Facilitated JAD session wif teh tech leads to prepare teh Logical Architecture Diagram and Physical Architecture Diagram.
- Conducted Focus Group wif Subject Matter Experts, Project Manager and architecture to understand teh business process gather Business Requirements and identified enhancements.
- Used HPQC for allotting task and issue tracking, user story management and requirement traceability.
- Produced visual models for teh application using UML MS Visio to create Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams
- Collaborated and negotiated wif stakeholders in defining project scope boundaries.
- Responsible for meetings wif users and stakeholders to identify problems, resolve issues and improve teh process to ensure teh system meets all teh goals of teh project.
- Assisted teh architecture in preparing teh High-Level Design and Low-Level Design of teh system.
- Involved in teh Content Management System wif teh content publisher of teh project.
- Facilitated Black Box and White Box testing in assistance wif teh QA.
- Defined and recommended all teh Internal and External XML-Based Web-services for teh application.
- Extracted financial data from Bloomberg Web-Services to a spreadsheet for analytics purpose.
- Documented all teh Functional and Non-Functional Requirements in a Business Requirement Document (BRD) and conducted a walkover meeting to get a sign off from teh Product Owner.
- Extensively involved in Data Mapping, Data Modelling and Data Mining.
- Actively involved in training teh Users for teh User Acceptance Test (UAT) and created a dummy data for teh Users in teh User Acceptance test (UAT)
Environment: Waterfall, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL version 2012, Informatica, Outlook, MS Office, HPQC.
Business System Analyst
- Gained insight about teh structure, Business model, and current process workflow of teh organization from existing artifacts.
- Performed requirements gathering using both formal and informal sessions through interviews, questionnaire, video conferencing, JAD sessions and conference calls.
- Analyzed, defined, documented and communicated business requirements to technical architects, developers by interacting wif teh end customers to meet business partner’s needs.
- Facilitated creation of “as-is” and “to-be” business Process Flow.
- Successfully documented teh functional and Non-Functional Requirements in teh Business Requirement Document (BRD) and prepared Logical Architecture Diagram, Physical Architecture Diagram, Client-Side Validations and Server-Side Validations in teh Systems Requirement Document (SRD).
- Prepared teh Use Case diagram to identify teh Primary and Secondary Actors of teh Application and teh Activity Diagrams give a graphical representations ofworkflows of stepwise activities and actions.
- Created user manuals and mockup screens to communicate GUI design to teh developers and halp them clarify functional and non-functional requirements.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for teh application for intended users.
- Conducted traceability Matrix using Jira.
- Extensive implementation Knowledge of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence reporting using SQL Server services like SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Generating DDL, DML and DRL queries in SQL.
- Assisted teh Quality Analysts in making teh Test Scrips, Test Cases and Test plans for implementing various Functional and Non-Functional Testing.
- Performed data analysis and wrote SQL queries to generate certain requirements and KPI’s.
- Performed different testing like unit testing, system testing, and functional regression testing.
- Actively trained business users involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and halped them understand UAT procedure.
Environment: MS Office Suite, .NET, XML, REST, C++, MS Visio, UML, SharePoint 2007, SQL Server Services, Tableau, Mockup Screens.