- Business Analyst with more than 5+ years of proficiency in business analysis, including wide experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and its various methodologies such as RUP, Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM.
- Well experienced in business requirements gathering and managing, Risk Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Studies, and UML Modelling.
- Strong qualifications in Business Process Improvement (BPI), Project Management, Object Oriented Analysis - design and modeling (OOAD), Business Process Flow and Business Process Modelling (BPM).
- Used Business Objects to create Business Intelligence reports requested by the management.
- Proficient in using UML for BPM, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Process work flow diagrams, and document them using Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Experienced in preparing and documenting the User Acceptance Test (UAT) plan. Expert in facilitating and defining entire Testing Life Cycle assisted QA team by reviewingtest casesand clarifying requirements to ensure complete coverage of requirements.
- Strong knowledge of BI Reports, HIPAA, Brightree, Kinser.
- Expertise on Identifying and writing Business Rules.
- Adept at preparing Business requirements documents (BRDs), defining project plans, writing system requirements specifications, and delivering project reports.
- Experience conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and Joint Application Requirements (JAR) with superior organization and presentation skills.
- SQL and Tableau with extensive experience on analyzing large datasets, business intelligence, data mining, predictive modeling, data visualization and data governance.
- Generated weekly customer data quality monitoring reports using IBM Cognos BI and managed daily customer data corrections provided through daily error report to fulfil the business requests and ensure adherence to Wiley's data governance entry policies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with business user as well as senior management.
- Proficient in Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), User Interface Documents (UID), and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Excellent in GAP analysis and creating AS-IS and TO-BE process documents and Process Maps.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session with onsite and offsite team
- Competent in creating Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Flow Charts by MS Visio.
- Solid Database and SQL background including SQL queries and ER diagrams.
- Expert in Data Analysis including parsing and comparing XML files, data dictionary and running queries.
- Professional in retrieving data, validating data, creating data flow chart and data mapping documents.
- Experience in Change Management and Conflict Resolution at various stages of the project life cycle.
- Worked closely with QA team to support Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution and Defects/Bugs Validation through various defect tracking tools like Silk Central, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experience in leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and providing Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in creating User Manual and conducting User Training Workshops to the end users.
- Extensive knowledge in Corporate Finance, Risk Management, Investment Banking, and Mortgage such as Financial Statement Analysis, Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives, M&A, IPO, P&C etc.
- Produced a monthly Real Estate cost allocation model for Capital Markets' Finance department.
- Capital Markets product lines across the globe to understand each product lines FATCA and preexisting exposures and the requirements necessary to achieve full reporting and withholding compliance.
- Developed IDQ mappings using various transformation like Labeler, Standardization, Case Converter, Match and Address validation Transformation for third party vendors
- Good Data Warehousing concepts including Metadata and Data Marts.
- Played a significant role in driving Guidewire Testing for both commercial and personal lines Experience in software development, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting on Master Data Management (MDM), Power Center, Data Director and Oracle database environment.
- Ability to coordinate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all MDM issues
- Worked with Support for MDM issues and upgrades.
- I have a sound understanding of BI best practices, data modeling (dimensional and relational), structured query language (SQL), Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) techniques, and reporting/data visualization.
- Make every installation of BI a success under minimal supervision
- Consult with clients and prospects for their data warehousing and BI requirements
Requirement and Test: Rational Requisite pro, Rational Software Architect (RSA), Quality Centre (QC), Rational Requirement Composer (RRC);
Content Management Tools: SharePoint, Knowledge Link, Consensus;
Web technologies: HTML, XML, UML, SQL
MS Office Suite: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project;
Operating System: Windows Vista/ 2008/ XP/ 2003/2000/NT
Database: MS-Access, RDBMS Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Helped the Project Manager in documenting the scope of the project.
- Managed compliance reviews for Contracts and Service Level Agreements between WF Bank and domestic ATM partners, reducing costs and enforcing financial compliance.
- Involved in analyzing various web services in the organization and related to the ATM.
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Functional, Business and Technical Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the Project Manager and Technical Lead.
- Acted as a technical SME for all the group's Enterprise Content Management Systems (CMS) and Imaging Systems Workflow such as Documentum, IBM FileNet, and other internal tools.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web-based application using XML web services.
- Provided detailed requirements for visual design mock-ups and user-interfaces.
- Worked in developing the wireframe and mock-ups for the prototype of the web-based portal application in MS Visio.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web-based portal and database related applications.
- Documented all the requirements in a structured BRD format that included multi-level functional views broken down by functionalities.
- Capital Markets teams in ensuring that our Data Scientists and Engineers were fully supported and were solving for the correct business need.
- Hired to ensure the collaboration with the Capital Markets (CM) Technology Planning Manager to run an efficient, transparent, and controlled IT delivery organization globally
- Developed online marketing strategy, including gathering analytical data on behavior to direct traffic to and from target audience and engage company with its communities.
- Performed analysis to determine ROI and other pertinent measurements necessary to track social media and website activities
- Ensured consistent style and editorial standards for all customer blog content.
- Implemented the Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology guidelines with its various workflows and artifacts in Requirements Management and Development.
- Gathered and documented functional requirements and use cases for automation of operational and administrative business processes.
- Documented the "AS-IS" Business Workflows adhering to UML standards.
- Conducted JAD sessions to define requirements and finalize the Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD (Object oriented Design) using UML and Visio.
- Responsible for outreach and relationship building with bloggers to increase brand awareness, and shopping conversions.
- Managed merchandising staff and contractors to increase marketing of merchandise and maintain current sales inventory.
- Worked with the ETL development team in brainstorming sessions for understanding and developing the data transformation logics.
- Responsible for Master Data Governance program including governance council, master data strategy, change management, quality, accuracy, consistency, compliance, goal setting KPIs, controls, audits, risk management strategies, analysis, and process management.
- Developed business process models in Agile (Scrum) to document existing and future business processes.
- Understanding as Business Analyst the collecting and analyzing client's business requirements of OLTP, ETL (Extraction/Transformation/Loading), Data Cleansing, Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Mining, Data Manipulation, and Designing.
- Work directly with customers to implement their business intelligence solution based on the company’s platform managed various Applications as part of a Business Intelligence team.
- Work directly with executive management to prioritize and develop Business Intelligence solutions required of the business.
- Lead the User Acceptance Testing efforts to verifying that the developed reports meet the requirements.
- Involved in developing the test strategy and helped in developing QA Test plans for Functional, Integration and System Testing.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, RUP, UML, IBM File Net.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) process with Stakeholders to analyze deliverables and system constraints.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile, SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- As a Business Analyst involved in overall program management of the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA/CMS).
- Analyzing Medicaid claim data and financial data as well as reviewing applications for completeness to process applicants for Federal Medicaid Program.
- Analyze and develop policies and procedures to help increase efficiency and quality
- Define, gather and create business requirements documents (BRD), Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) and Use Case Specifications
- Identified, researched, defined and documented user problems and automated/manual business processes.
- Executed SQL queries on relational databases to create daily reports
- Conducting meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to understand the workflow of the business and their application processes
- Assisted the Project Manager in developing, tracking and managing the project triple constraint; schedule, cost, resources and scope using MS Project
- Analysis of all the projects of past related to the functionality and come to one conclusion and then write the business scenarios for testing team
- Providing part time support to testing team to implement business logic into system at the time of testing & execution
- Used Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to extract useful information regarding patients for claim submission to the insurance company.
- Gathered information and knowledge on ICD 9-10 and HIPAA 4010/5010 as well as Developed the transaction process more accurate and real time regarding 837 including HIPAA Government Regulatory Compliance and also integrated the system with HL7 process.
- Analyzing of system requirements and Use cases involved in the product development for writing of Test cases
- Supporting the design team for designing the best UI/UX for the web portal.
- Performing GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies
- Synthesized User Interface and Business Process Requirements and translated it into the Business Requirement Document (BRD), to be use as input to the functional design specifications
- Worked with development team to develop SOA architecture using Windows Communication Foundation.
- Work with upper management of medical management department to identify and brainstorm solutions for bottlenecks and errors of ongoing reports.
- Conduct elicitation meetings gather/refine specifications and design reports that would satisfy business needs.
- Worked on all phases of data warehouse development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation, and support.
- Worked on XML/XSLT for dashboard development.
- Upgrade and QA reports in order to make sure they accommodate various new health care plans and data.
- Manage the development of multiple reports to consolidate information that would assist upper management of various departments in making enterprise decisions via Tableau.
- Creating of verifying Tableau reports by writing complex SQL statements with joins, aggregate functions, and filter &search criteria to verify the integrity and correctness of the report outputs.
- Worked in the Agile methodology-using Scrum, which has its primary focus on the management part of the software development in small iterations of four weeks' sprint. Created user stories for all the release, sprint planning, daily standups, grooming & planning sessions with team.
- Involved in advising other groups in organization on SSIS development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Involved in generating reports from excel database for Tableau Dashboard.
- Designed and developed Tableau visualizations which include preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Designed and developed various analytical modelling reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau desktop.
- Developed IDQ mappings using various transformation like Labeler, Standardization, Case Converter, Match and Address validation Transformation.
Environment: RUP, SQL, XML, MS Excel, MS Power Designer, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, Oracle, SQL Development.
Jr. Business Analyst
Confidential, IRVING, TX
- Led the resource planning effort and worked with Third Party Vendors (TPV) for specialized services required for the project.
- Identified potential cross-pillar dependencies, risks and solutions for mitigation approaches.
- Conducted various team building activities to increase morale and productivity.
- Extensively gathered requirements from all users, experts, and key personnel to understand the functional requirements.
- Involved in developing Test Plans, Test Conditions, and Test Cases to be used in testing based on business requirements using Quality Center.
- Created and maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix between the requirements and other products such as Design Documents and Test Plans.
- Excellent client-facing communication and presentation skills
- Recording meeting minutes to identify RAID (Risks, Action Items, Issues and Decisions) and update RAID login into the SharePoint site.
- Experience with HIPAA EDI testing in health insurance.
- Recorded meeting minutes at time of conference call or meetings and keep track of all meeting notes.
- Worked on developing a Guidewire Agent Portal for Policy Center and Claim Center.
- Extensive experience in implementation of various web services (Publish and Consume) to integrate the Guidewire applications with other internal and external applications.
Environment: RAID, HIIPAA, TPV
Jr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD sessions by convening end-user representatives, development team members, and technical personnel, to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues and come to consensus.
- Developed BRD and Functional Requirements Document (FRD) resulting from JAD sessions and translated requirements to development teams. Version controlled them using SharePoint and carefully updated the information in an easily understandable format.
- Implemented Agile methodology to help analyze the problems and understand user needs.
- Interacted closely with end users to understand and gather the business needs and requirements.
- Analyzed and designed the workflow to show users and client how the system would realize in the implementation phase.
- Analyzed data and created class diagrams and ER diagrams for designing the application.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML.
- Closely interacted with technical team and development to ensure they understood the application’s functionality and navigational flow.
- Used MS SharePoint to efficiently organize content management and process integration during application development
- Prepared the BRD (Business Requirement document) and Project document for the project.
- Assisted Project Manager in meeting schedules, budgeting, resource allocation, deadlines and maintaining a project schedule using MS Project.
Environment: Agile, MS Visio, Share Point OracleREFERENCE: Available on request.