- 8+ years of Industry experience as a Business Analyst/Requirements Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Extensive knowledge in health care domain.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- Assigned to mentor and train new team members on relevant systems and processes
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Worked on a centralized investments market/reference data warehouse to align data from multiple sources (internal/external). Key Reporting Areas include Regulatory & Compliance,
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Expert on business and system requirements, user acceptance testing (UAT), process improvement, business process mapping, and user training in a variety of training environments.
- Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities. Solid understanding of Business Process definition, Risk Analysis and SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent in Developing and evaluating business process Models.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents
- Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a well - balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
- Professional experience in business analysis, operations management and development, design, documentation and testing.
Programming Languages: C,C++,C#,VC++,VB,VB.NET,C#.NET, ASP.NET, Java, SQL, PLSQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/XP, Linux.
Databases: MS-Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic.
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational RequisiteProDocumentum
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS)
Data warehousing Tools: Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Testing Tools: Quick TestPro (QTP), TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
Sr. Business Analyst
- Worked as a business analyst to build Strategy Web application for financial statements and inspections
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes.
- Successfully managed a large scale project from requirements gathering through implementation to automate the assembly and mailing prep for Homeowners, Automobile and Umbrella policies to Insureds, Agents and Lien holders.
- Very strong knowledge of Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Responsible for the development of a Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Served as a liaison between the business team and the technical team by identifying, understanding, and documenting their needs
- Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs.
- Designed and developed, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Visio and Business Process Modeling
- Designed and developed Project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements by using RationalRose, Visio and Requisite pro - RUP
- Worked extensively with Risk Management, Mortgage Loan Servicing, and Commercial and Residential mortgage, CMBS, MBS
- Mortgage Pre-payment risk, Risk Analytics for MBS, Loan Servicing, Loan Origination, MBS, CMBS, and Secondary Mortgage Market
- Escrow and Reserve Administration, Escrow processing, Escrow Analysis, Non-Escrow Loans Collateral Inspection and Monitoring, Property Inspection, Income and Expense Statement Review, Inspection Report
- Analyzing the existing reports, reporting system
- Maintained on-going technical assistance and provided help desk support to customer’s mainframe systems software that included problem determination and resolution. Executed volume/load/acceptance/performance testing.
- Wrote database interface specifications and documented in Data Manager data dictionary
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge
- Utilized detailed knowledge of application features, functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis.
- Extensive use of MS Office tools like MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint MS Project for data migration in to the CI System Knowledge Data Base in Microsoft Share Point.
- Acted as a resource in understanding how IS carry out business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion
- Liaison for projects with other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements
Confidential, Arlington Heights, IL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Interacted with business owners to identify business system needs, proposed solutions for business problems and evaluated alternate methods to increase the efficiency of the overall process.
- Coordinated with the PMO to plan the budget, development, testing, and release efforts.
- Extensively used Agile Methodology in the process of project management based on SDLC.
- Used MS Word & Visio to document data flow of the As Is and To Be processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to embrace a problem’s dimensions, possible causes, requirements, to propose alternative solutions and to reach a decision.
- Followed the UML based methods by using MS Visio to create Use Cases, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Collaboration diagrams.
- Designed wireframes, graphics, screen mock-ups and participated in usability evaluations which is the understanding of user-centered design.
- Tracked Sprint Burndown charts, monitored and communicated progress to stakeholders effectively.
- Helped the Scrum team coordinate and function as a single entity by fostering their self-organization.
- Coached the Scrum team members on the tenets of Scrum and provided constructive feedback.
- Conducted Impact analysis when there is any change in the requirements and updated the Business Requirements Document (BRD) and Systems Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Performed UI Design and Analysis; Involved in GUI interfacing and prototyping, System Integration testing, and creating test cases.
- Helped the team understand the process of Scrum and effective Agile Development to create a Potentially Shippable Product Increment every sprint.
- Anticipate, track and drive others to resolve blocking issues, make trade-offs and manage escalations to meet committed delivery timelines.
- Actively communicated withproject/ program stakeholders. Ensure alignment, visibility and transparency into all aspects of assignedprojectsand programs. Prepare and communicate information for the appropriate audience level including presentations to senior management
Confidential, Huntsville AL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered Business Requirements through brainstorming sessions on global calls.
- Documented the business logic and associated validation logic.
- Extensively involved in the modeling and development of Reporting Data Warehousing System.
- Acted as a liaison between the development team, QA team and the Business team and resolved any conflicts due to change in requirements.
- Created Requirements Specification Document that translated business requirements into Technical specification including business and validation logic for ease of understanding to the development team.
- Created use-case scenarios and storyboards in MS Word and MS PowerPoint for better visualization of the application and managed them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- DocumentingRFPs(Request for Proposals) and SOWs (Statement of Work) for potential clients across the globe.
- Used Requisite Pro for the Requirement Documents Preparation and Prepared Business Process Models that includes modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level. Followed top down, leveled technique for building Business Process Models.
- Designed and developed Use Cases using UML and Business Process Modelling.
- Used MS-Visio for flow-charting, process model and architectural design of the application.
- Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP methodology
- Involved in analysis for wide range of Six Sigma and Web-based initiatives, including user requirements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD
- Generated wireframes and prototype for the GUI.
- Reviewed test scripts and made sure that the Test scripts covered all scenarios of the requirements.
- Reviewed the data model and reporting requirements for Cognos Reports with the Data warehouse/ETL and Reporting team.
- Reviewed the Defects entered by the QA team and prioritized the defects and assigned them to the development team
- Created Dashboard Reports by using DataVisualizationtools like Tableau.
- Interacted with the users and logged any defects, enhancements from the UAT.
- Worked with the Training Group to build training materials as well provided any suggestions/ tool tips to assist in User Training