- Business Analyst with over 5+ years of experience and Project Management with 1 year in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle: gathering requirements, analysis and implementation of projects.
- Experienced in Business Process Mapping, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance, excellent analytical skills to understand the business processes and functionality, requirements and to translate them to system requirement specifications (SRS), developing functional specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling, creating scope documents, and conducting feasibility studies.
- Experienced in gathering business requirements, evaluating data sources, data flow modeling, object modeling, business process modeling, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis & testing various methodologies.
- In depth knowledge in waterfall methodology, agile scrum methodology and RUP methodology Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions for requirements gathering, analysis, design and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers and to limit a project’s exposure to forces of change.
- Expertise of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, excellent communicational, organizational and interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- In Depth understanding of the AS - IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts. Experienced in working with SQL queries for back end testing.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively with business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Scheduled meeting with developers, SMEs and testers to collaborate resource allocation and project completion.
- A balanced blend of Business, IT and Project management skill with strong in-depth and breadth of experience with multiple industry, technologies, frameworks and processes.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, can perform well both independently and with a team, always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environments.
Project Methodologies: Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML
Business Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, ERWIN
Requirement Management Tools: Enterprise Architect, Rational RequisitePro
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access
Languages: SQL, HTML
Quality Assurance: Software Application Testing Life Cycle
Business Applications: Microsoft Office Suite- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Configuration management Tools: Visual Source Safe (VSS), Subversion
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, UNIX
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Executed credit and financial analysis of the firm’s and forecasted firm’s performance with use of different cause and effect methods.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting review of the financial performance against the forecast with the budget holders.
- Responsible for identifying and documenting business rules and creating detailed Use Case.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations, gathering and analyzing requirements using RequisitePro.
- Identify, research, Realize, investigate, analyze, define and document business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Extensively used MS Visio for developing wire frames, process flow charts and to create Business Use case Diagrams.
- Organized JAD sessions to flush out requirements, performedUse Caseandwork flow analysis, outlined business rules, and developed domain object models.
- Performed Gap Analysis by doing an in-depth study of the current process, planned implementation actions and change control process and also interacting with business heads to finalize the BRD document for the application by doing the requirement analysis.
- Determined, forecasted, and calculated excess and obsolete material, WIP, and finished goods. Calculated and reported scrap and rework.
- Implementation of RUP effort in different iterations and phases of the SDLC.
- Developed High Level Business Flows using MS Visio.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verified performance, reliability and fault.
- Coordinate with product owners to facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT), production rollouts, defects tracking, and management.
- Liaison for projects with other corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships.
- Responsible for defining and designing commercial lending loan approval process which resulted in data collection and analysis compliance.
- Acted as a resource in understanding how IS carry out business functions and assists in ensuring the timely and effective implementation.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions assess scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all enhancement specifications.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Preparation of test data required for build and executing test cases in SITand UAT environments before and after releases.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML.
- Assisted with user testing of systems (UAT), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Wrote SQL scripts in TOAD for Oracleand Teradata SQL Assistant for Teradata.
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Performed predictive analysis for staffing requirements using MS EXCEL.
Environment: Gap Analysis, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project, UAT, SIT, Ms Visio, TOAD, SWOT analysis, Agile, ETL, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Played the role as a Project Manager in agile environment by eliciting Business Requirements from Business users using number of JAD sessions and converting them to Functional Requirements.
- Involved in the complete SDLC in agile methodology and handled key responsibilities in Project Management.
- Supervised project teams, including programmer, web designer, data migration manager, accounting and other internal project staff.
- Managed and directed efforts of team members to ensure effective planning, coordination and synergy between projects.
- Oversee all project execution activities such as cost/benefit analysis, planning, costing, delivery, and post delivery review.
- Monitored project risks and scope creep toidentify potential problems and proactively.
- Managed client expectations by ensuring thedelivery of the highest quality service.
- Investigated and resolved end-user data integrity issues as well as business related issues.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Conducted meetings, interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements. This information along with the vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- SQL Server database physical model creation and implementation (data type, indexing, table design)
- Setting up and administering SQL Server Database Security environments using Profiles, database Privileges, and Roles.
- Led a large team of business intelligence professionals to develop a large scale data warehouse using Oracle, SAP Business Objects and Informatica to match health patients
- Database maintenance, replication, and tuning
- System database migrations and maintenance
- Undertook GAP Analysis.
- Supported the development of improved pricing algorithm trading to provide clients with more competitive pricing.
- Used Activity cost flow diagram.
- Supported and maintained the reporting environments through IT infrastructure.
- Transitioned new report requirements and application changes to the development team.
- Acted as a liaison between IT and the Business Departments.
- Provided leadership in process analysis, process and system design, and in the implementation of business systems that support functional goals and objectives.
- Collaborated with Business and IT development regularly to identify solutions that span multiple business units or functions; ensuring the consistency and portability of these solutions.
- Developed proposals and business cases for the advancement of technology or processes within a supported function.
- Provided estimates of resources required for assigned projects as well as contributing to the development and support of staffing plans and funding requests.
- Guided documentation of business processes in MS Word and MS Visio.
- Captured process flows by preparing activity and sequence diagrams, pre-and post-conditions, performance requirements, volume estimates, descriptions of data passed between lanes, high-level business rules, issues and assumptions.
- Got signoffs on business process designs and worked with traceability analyst to capture high-level requirements in Requisite Pro.
- Wrote SQL, PLSQL statements to extract data from the tables to validate data flow.
- Provided direction on business process designs and high-level requirements to requirements analysts, technical architects, developers, and testers.
- Thorough experience in writing Use cases.
- Facilitated the migration of release updates through the Test/UAT/Production environments.
Environment: Agile (Scrum), MS Office, PMP, MS Access, MS Visio, MS Project, Quality Center, Oracle, SQL, Windows.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Interacted with client groups to determine user requirements, Business rules and goals. Utilized Rational Unified Process (RUP) to configure and develop process, standards, and procedures and create a Business requirement Document (BRD).
- Interacted with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using Rational Rose according to UML methodology.
- FollowedAgile Iterative development approachand was involved with all iterations of the development life cycle and risk management.
- Prepared Business Process Models and business rules that included modeling of all activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Managed and validate reporting to senior management and the capital market team analyzing performance of channels and region on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain SQL based reporting on loan delivery data to Capital marketand secondary marketing team to validate pricing.
- Understood and articulated business requirements and rules from user interviews and then converted requirements into technical specifications.
- Extensively worked with Project Manager to determine the current best practices for requirement gathering
- Set up Demand deposit accounts automatically to adjust with interest rates when rate changes occur in money market accounts like mortgage accounts, bond accounts.
- Used MISMO standards in an open process to develop, promote and maintain voluntary electronic commerce procedures and standards.
- Analyzed the strategies of Risk management, Mortgage, Fixed Income and Derivatives in the investment division and conducted Portfolio Performance measurement: return, calculation and attribution.
- Used Rational Clear Case as Version Control System for any changes to documents related to project like Use Case documents, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams etc.
- Created and participated in JAD sessions to analyze and prioritize competing business needs.
- Involved in reporting the schedule and the plan of the project using Business Intelligence.
- Managed business requirements in Rational Requisite Pro while making them available to all team members.
- Examined, analyzed and modeled test plans, test scripts, test procedures and use case scenarios based on RUP methodology.
- Used Test Director to coordinate and manage the master test plan, test scripts, testing resources, pass vs. fail cases and the entire testing process.
- Wrote clear, concise detailed system requirements specification (SRS) documents and user documentation in accordance to guidelines and standards of a level where developers can interpret, design and develop the application with minimum guidance.
- Work closely with businessanalysts to ensure requirements are captured correctly in UAT test.
- Tracked UATissues and bugs and prepared status reports for management.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated processes by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
- Run PL/SQL Packages, Functions and Stored Procedures on TOADin product databases
- Created advanced pivoted reports in MS Excel.
- Responsible for extensive level of project documentation.
Environment: Agile, UML, Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Clear Quest, SQL, Windows XP,TOAD, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook), PL/SQL, Oracle, SQL and Windows.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Coordinated JAD sessionsto understand theuser requirements and also their system's implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in Waterfall methodology activities for Requirements and Analysis phases.
- Was Able to understand business goals andbusinesscontext and translated them into technical specifications
- Demonstrated experience defining impacts of conversions,businessrules, and configuration decisions on downstream systems and interfaces.
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the project.
- Prepared Business Requirement Document and used Rational RequisitePro to manage, analyze, and convert business requirements into functional specifications.
- Developed use cases from requirements and created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock ups using Rational Rose and MS.
- Worked with Rational Clear Case and Rational Clear Quest to automate and enforce the development processes and aid with configuration management.
- Worked in a shared services environment with understanding of SOA.
- Involved in web services conceptsand support utilities, related database utilities. Demonstrated understanding and experience with ETL, Stored Procedures, and Queries.
- Involved in gathering requirements, identifying and preparing Use Case specification documents, creatingTrace-ability matrixand tagging it in the Rational Requisite Pro.
- DevelopedUse Casediagrams,businessflowdiagrams,Activity/Statediagrams andSequence diagramsusing Rational rose so that developers and other stakeholders can understand thebusinessprocess.
Environment: Unix, Mainframe, Caliber, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, UML, QTP, VB Script, MS Project, MS Office, DB2, MS SQL Server, Windows Server, Windows XP.