- Over 9+ years of industry experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience in working with SDLC methodology and project life cycle.Strong Knowledge of UML, RUP, Rational Suite including Rational Rose, Requisite Pro.
- Strong communicator and creative problem - solver skilled at analyzing business needs and transforming them into technical designs, applying technical skills and business knowledge to achieve sound results.
- Extensive experience to analyze and document business requirements and system functional specifications including use cases.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
Business Modeling & Prototype Tools: Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio 2007. Axure Pro RP
IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0.
Tools: Word, Excel, MS Project, Visio, Rational Rose. Frontpage, RequisitePro, Rational SoDA, DOORSnet, PROLOG, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Data Stage, Informatica.
Reports: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos, Excel
Jira Test Management Plugins: Zephyr, Xray, QMetry, QAlity, Golive and TestFLO.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Office365
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Agile, Waterfall, Kanban.
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest.
Business Intelligence: Tableau, Power BI.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, Vernon hills IL
- Performed testing for IT and business process controls in relation to external/internal clients supporting organization objectives to implement an efficient data warehouse.
- Analyzed As - Is system to identify areas of improvement in current trading activities and to determine feasibility to develop the To-Be system.
- Reviewed and collaborated on user requirements, user interface specifications, functional specifications, design documents, and test strategy documentation.
- Design, implement, and assisted in developing automated testing solutions, including the development of test scripts using the Rational Functional Tester tool.
- Added value to the company providing services to both enterprise and government organizations through the utilization of both financial and project management skills.
- Performed data analysis using SQL developer and Hyperion Oracle Studio and reporting on data discrepancies and reported to internal Auditors.
- Gather requirements from business managers and users, translate and document business requirements into technical specifications for the software development team.
- Developed detailed project schedules and milestones based on business objectives and timing requirements utilized the Agile SCRUM process and managed project artifacts.
- Worked closely with SME's, developers, QA team, and principal engineers in establishing accurate requirements for building the product.
- Communicate with business partners internally and externally to resolve client issues and develop service level agreements * Complete Six-Sigma Green Belt certification
- Managed both functional and non-functional Business Requirements as well as new requested requirements using JIRA.
- Performed system enhancement and maintenance project documentation, through the entire SDLC process including testing, use case preparation, and implementation.
- Created UAT scripts for user acceptance and validation testing, data dictionary, and architectural documentation.
- Performed relational database design and modeling and conducted multiple SQL querying.
- Conduct discovery meetings with Marketing and other business teams/subject matter experts across the globe and document business process and functional requirements.
- Developed and implemented customized systems and software solutions leveraging products such as Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft VBA scripting for Office products.
- Managed client contact management including monitoring and recording interactions and communications through CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Coordinated with Project Managers, Developers, SMEs to design, create Work Flow Diagrams using MS VISIO.
- Performed document analysis and conducted Interviews with users from Multiple Business Units to gather requirements, and draft User Requirements Specifications.
- Understand and articulate Business Requirements from SME interviews and workshops and translate requirements into Business Requirement Specifications (BRS).
- Conduct gap analysis for data elements not present in Enterprise data warehouse and accomplish source system analysis and data integration design.
- Developed technical specifications documents and documented business test case scenarios for QA testing strategy for the Reinsurance Claim Transaction ETL Process.
- Participated with various business groups in JAD sessions and created business requirements in an Agile Waterfall environment according to business priorities.
- Assisted the marketing department in implementing a user profile and subscription management system that ensured the company adheres to the Consumer Privacy regulations.
- Championed systems (ERP) for assessing the effectiveness of Temporary Labor Certification programs production units and management processes.
- Facilitated executive presentations to determine potential work and issues or risks inherited in the 'as-is' process for review by senior management.
- Facilitated numerous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions utilized for the creation of design documents and system specifications for applications.
- Gathered requirements during the inception phase, documented and delivered functional specification documents, and assisted architecture analysis and design using UML.
- Created Use-Cases, Sequence, and Activity Diagrams to demonstrate software architecture and interaction of system components before prototyping.
- Enhanced or developed new documentation of current business process flow and definition of future EDI business information flow.
- Prepare extremely detailed ETL design documents and target-source mapping templates based on requirements gathered.
- Developed Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Specifications, and Design Specification Documents including use cases and data flow diagrams.
- Conduct user interviews and facilitate workshops to capture functional and non-functional requirements and document, define and share detailed business requirements.
- Developed and executed database scripts using Toad for generating intended reports to verify key Business and functional requirements.
- Documented user requirement specifications in Rational RequisitePro.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Elicited and documented Functional requirements, business requirements AS - IS and TO-BE business process models.
- Experience creating design documentation related to system specifications including user interfaces, security and control, performance requirements, and data conversion.
- Created and maintained required documentation for projects including business requirements, design documents, test scripts, and executive presentations.
- Provide project management and support tasks related to standard and non-standard applications, hospital/clinic chargeable requests, and enterprise/FAIS initiatives.
- Utilized data analysis to explain business issues and financial implications, recommended improvements to enable business units to improve processes.
- Work with business partners across multiple functions to align technology solutions with business strategies in an Agile software development environment.
- Led process improvements, including scrum process refinement, testing specifications, and user manual documentation practices.
- Helped the QA team to devise the test plan for the application by explaining the vision document and the business case.
- Communicated and coordinated with various business partners and development teams to gather requirements in order to troubleshoot and address production issues.
- Leveraged expertise with JIRA to develop/manage business documents and business objects.
- Worked alongside Program and Release Management to support projects/programs through all phases of SDLC including post-production maintenance activities.
- Participated in UAT and updated changes in requirements and functional specifications.
- Generated graphs from trading data from existing data extracting data using SQL into Excel files and reviewed with business users.
- Participated in JAD sessions and actively engaged with Subject Matter Experts and end-users for defining functional requirements and system specifications.
- Analyzed, maintained, and updated FAQ knowledge base in SharePoint for better data accuracy and better timely data availability.
- Managed several data consolidation efforts to combine multiple CRM systems into one corporate system.
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Planned maintenance and feature development for intellectual property rights management system including contract expiration alerts and refreshed contract entry portal.
- Interrogated Rosetta database to ensure website transactions correctly existed and confirmed the same interfaced into Maidenform ERP.
- Interviewed subject matter experts and documented As - Is business processes and functional capabilities.
- Facilitated JAD sessions involving the management, development, and user teams for clarifying requirements and facilitating better communication.
- Generated required UML use-case diagrams from the business requirements to determine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Developed Use-case and activity diagrams to provide visual presentation using Rational Rose.
- Created Java desktop applications allowing management to query the databases for the report, monitoring, and performance purposes.
- Worked cross-team to develop and implement EDI processes in a fast-paced technological environment.
- Served as technical business lead on multiple client deployments to XML format, gathering requirements, performing testing, and facilitating training.
- Performed HTML enhancements for company intranet when required.
- Provided post-implementation assistance to business process owners and users by identifying, developing, and implementing system enhancements and modifications.
- Rationalized complex queries for optimized performance and performed ETL and data operations.
- Worked with plant personnel to discuss various process re-engineering requirements and facilitate a seamless transition to new system installation.
- Prepared Requirements Document with detailed functional and non-functional requirements, business rules, and business process flow diagrams.
- Delivered system design and development of applications in a UNIX environment.
- Created Business Requirements, Business Rules, GUI specifications,s and Business Scenario Documents for the Additional Claims Certification project.
- Created user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed and documented Business requirements based on the analysis current process flow model.
- Performed Data Analysis and Data validation by developing reports and by writing complex SQL queries using TOAD against the ORACLE database.
- Gathered business requirements and converting them into functional requirement specifications (FRS) and user requirement specifications using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Analyzed the results to identify the performance bottlenecks; worked with various analysis graphs and generated reports for the same purpose.
- Converted Business Requirements into Functional Requirements and documented them in the FRD (Functional Requirements Document).
- Performed data analysis and defined required DB2 database changes.
- Specified the source to target data mapping and designed the ETL processes using PL/SQL and DataStage as the data movement tools.