- Passionate and result oriented Business Analyst/Scrum Master with 9+ years of experience in Banking and Financial Services.
- Over 8+ years of industry experience as a Business Analyst in the domain of Finance, Banking and Management. Have good understanding of gathering Business Requirements, Business Process flow, and Business Process Modeling.
- Extensive knowledgeinEquities, Fixed Income (Bonds, Convertibles, T - Notes, T-Bonds), Derivatives (Options, Futures, Forwards, Swaps), Money Market Instruments (T-Bills, Commercial Paper), Mutual Funds, Hedge funds Portfolio Management, Commodity, Capital markets etc.
- Experienced with extensive client interactions and converting business functionalities to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) models across IT environment. Worked in Three-tier architecture, Ajax, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Client-Side Validation and Server-Side Validations.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with 5+ years of proven ability to work with self-organizing and cross-functional teams in a wide spectrum of finance and banking sectors. Have hands on Experience on Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Hybrid of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive years of in Business process re-engineering, business process improvements, Data Reports Analysis accompanied by active participation in discovery sessions, interviews, prototyping, document-reviews, plan setup, plan configuration with customers.
- Knowledge of functional organizations, matrix organizations and projectized organizations along with understanding of projects like new initiatives, OPEX, CAPEX, In-house projects, vendor built projects and COTS.
- Have extensive experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) that included Requirement Elicitation, Gathering, Analysis, Design & Development and change management
- Got excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with end-users, Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) and Project Stakeholders.
- Organized and facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions and interviews, brainstorming sessions, written correspondence, questionnaire, focus group, implementation requirements, project status report and resolving issues/conflicts.
- Proficiency in gathering SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely) requirements and transforming them into functional specifications.
- Extensive experience with authoring Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documents (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRSs), Use Case documentation, High level and Low-level documents (HLD/LLD), Business Rules Spreadsheet and Data mapping document.
- High experience in tracing requirements throughout the development process and verifying to Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experience in conducting GAP, Impact, SWOT, Cause and effect analysis, Root cause, Cost Benefit analysis, Feasibility studies, Risk Analysis, and As-Is and To-Be business analysis.
- Strong skills in building process models, data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.
- Well acquainted with workflows and Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams including Use Cases, Activity charts, Sequence diagrams, ER diagrams and Data flow diagrams (DFD’s) using Rational Rose and MS-Visio thus assisting development team in preparing Business Process Model.
- Facilitated Sprint Ceremonies (Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective) for Agile Scrum Methodology as Scrum Master.
- Experienced in writing User stories and handling the Requirement Churn. Efficient in performing, prioritizing and efficiently analyzing techniques such as Planning Poker, MoSCoW and T-Shirt Sizing.
- Excellent understanding of concepts like Data warehousing, data structures, Schemas, Data Marts, Data-Entity Relationships and User Administration. Worked with data warehouses for migrating data from OLTP’s to OLAP cube using ETL tools such as Informatica power center and SSIS.
- Collaborated in various types of testing like Functional (Black Box) testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Accompanied with expertise in developing Test Plans & Test Case Scenarios, Test Logs and Test Objectives in manual and automated test environments. Excellent Communication, problem solving, public speaking, critical thinking, conflict resolution, facilitation and documentation skills.
- Good Understanding of Project Management activities, proficient with Project Management Tools, testing tools and defect reporting tools.
- Helped strengthen relationships with the customers, teams, and senior management through different layers of portfolio and program leading resulting in greater customer and teams' satisfaction.
- Provided leadership direction and coaching to the agile program and scrum teams, established cross-value stream coordination and collaboration.
- Strong team leadership and a unique ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with cross-functional groups at the highest level. Detail oriented, organized and results driven.
- Developed strong stakeholder relationship, managed customer expectations and client communication.
- Knowledge and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Velocity, Story Points, Backlogs, Burndown Charts, TDD, Pair Programming.
- Analytical and influential with the ability to resolve resource, team, project andprocess conflict by actively performing root cause analysis and decisively diagnosing and implementing resolutions
- Mentored organization to encourage transparency, and engage in conflict resolution.
- Experienced in Business process re-engineering, Business process improvements, Historical Data Reports Analysis.
- Analyzed source systems, business requirements, and developed User and Functional requirements.
- Extensive years of experience in the design and review of various artifacts like Business requirements document (BRD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and Testing documents.
- Experienced in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions, Focus-groups, interviews and requirement workshops with business to gather requirements.
- Excellent in performing Impact Assessment, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new Business Requirements.
- Worked with QA team to design and executetest plans and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using HP Quality center.
- Extensive knowledge in handling Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Process Modeling, and UML methodology as a business analysis methodology for application functionality designs using IBM Rational Rose, MS Visio and in Oracle PL/SQL, SQL including writing queries, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Proficient in using Business Intelligence reporting tools like SSRS, Tableau, Cognos, Spotfire, Qlik view for OLAP.
- Implemented all stages of development processes including extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Extensively used tools like Rally & Jira to document user stories that kept teams focused on the highest value features.
- Working with various compliances such as SEC, FINRA, CFTC, CFPB etc.
- Effectively communicated with people at all levels of the organization, built relationships of trust, enlist the participation of team members.
- Analytical and Accountable professional with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external, independent and team environments.
Business Skills: Business Process Analysis, Business Process Improvement, HLD, LLD, Use Case Modeling, JAD Sessions, Risk Analysis, Requirements Workshops, GAP Analysis, Document Analysis, Impact Analysis, Change Management.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, SAFe, XP, Kanban
Documentation Tool: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, ServiceNow
Collaboration Tool: Microsoft SharePoint,Confluence
Designing Tool: Visio, Azure, Balsamiq
Requirement Management: JIRA, HP ALM, Rally, Version One, TFS, MS Project Server
ETL tools: Informatica Power Center
Databases: Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2, MS Access
Data Warehousing: ER Modeling, Dimension Modelling, Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, Data Profiling, Data Mapping, Data Mining, Data Validation, Star schema, Snowflake Schema
Reporting Tools: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Power BI
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Documented Business and System Requirements Documents by interviewing the business users and conducted JAD sessions to gather requirements.
- Assisted Project Manager in tracking and creating project budget, status reports and timelines and in creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Conducted Cost benefit analysis of the two interfaces that we planned to deploy as part of the project requirement.
- Responsible for efficient resource utilization, managing dependencies and resolution of conflicts.
- Presented project status reports, team performance, timeline to Senior Management.
- Assisted the project manager in maintaining project charter, risk charter and communication management.
- Working knowledge of business process standardization and software development life cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software application
- Facilitated time-boxed Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective meetings.
- Helped negotiating commitments and assured parallel understanding of requirements and deliverables amongst all stakeholders in Sprint Planning Meetings.
- Created User Stories and led the Planning Poker game to estimate them in Sprint Planning and Backlog Grooming.
- Reviewed Sprint Burn down and Release Burn Down Charts to maintain team’s velocity.
- Timely assured development team had necessary resources to perform to their potential, tracked and removed impediments.
- Used Agile Scrum Methodology for the iterative development of the application and facilitated bi-weekly sprints and daily stand up meetings.
- Worked with the Product Owner during the Sprint Review Meeting for the Potential Shippable Product Increment (PSPI) and help decide which features met the definition of Done (DoD) using the acceptance criteria.
- Helped resolve team and organizational level impediments.
- Worked on challenges like team issues where the team is supposed to be self-organizing, but the cultural background of the team members made hard for everyone to share responsibility without being authoritative.
- Reduced the communication gap within the scrum team to perform better by conducting team activities during sprints that made the team members to be more effective team players.
- At the end of each sprint conducted Sprint Retrospective meetings such as ORID, Sailboat, Mad, Sad, Glad techniques so each stakeholder can freely express their opinions and suggest improvement measures.
- Helped the Product Owner to Prioritize the Product Backlog items using MOSCOW technique for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from team.
- Used JIRA for drafting user stories, allotting tasks, backlog management, issue tracking, user story maps and generating reports.
- Maintained the Task Board that was referred to during the daily stand-ups that helped the team track the stories To Do, Work in Progress, Done and Accepted.
- Reviewed and approved test scenarios and results of test cases.
- Reported status to Business owners on a weekly and monthly basis using MS Project for project planning, scheduling and status reporting.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking and monitoring the status of the issues, closing defects etc.
- Involved in defining Test Scenarios for the applications and performing manual testing in QC.
- Used Quality center to track defects in the application.
- Verified whether the front-end values are correctly storing in the back-end database by writing SQL queries.
- Conducted database testing by executing SQL queries to check data in database.
- Used Tableau to generate internal reports to study and analyze the planned interfaces.
Environment: JIRA, MS Project, MS Access, HP ALM, HP QC, Load Runner, SharePoint, MS Visio, XML spy, Tableau, Mock-up Screens, MS Visual Studio, HTML, CSS, jQuery, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Confidential, O’Fallon, MO
Senior Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and for identifying and maintaining a clear and measurable Development Process that is deployable throughout the enterprise-usingScrum.
- As a Lead BA developed good understanding of Financial Instruments, Asset Allocation, Commodities, Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Money market instrument, Fixed Income, Credit and Market Risk.
- Analyzed prior documents and GatheredBusinessRequirements, analyze data/workflows. Defined the scope, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis. Progressed from Problem Statement to well-documented designs.
- Conducted various requirements gathering through research, formal-informal sessions, JRP sessions and JAD sessions with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), Teams, and Stakeholders.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating proposals and project budget allocations and worked on Project Charter and Work Break down Structure using MS Project.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD). Decomposed BRD into User Stories by conducting a story writing session with product owner and user Acceptance Criteria for PSPI(Potentially Shippable Product Increment).
- Incorporated Scrum events Backlog refinement, Sprint Planning, stand up meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective.
- Helped to prioritize user stories using MoSCoW and Planning Poker techniques.
- As Scrum master facilitates Sprint Planning meeting, tracked team velocity and Sprint progress using Sprint Burn Down Chart and Product Burndown Chart, conducted time boxed daily scrum meeting.
- Engaged Scrum teams and programs SME’s to understand communicate status, priorities, risks and issues.
- Managed and monitored various scrum events through agile delivery process, worked closely with project manager, product owner and stakeholders to ensure their expectations are met.
- Highly proficient in writing User stories, creating Use Cases, Use case diagrams, Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Class Diagrams etc. Extensively used Rational Rose and MS Visio for UML.
- Assisted Project Teams in preparing Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Software Design Documents (SDD), User Interface Design, designing of Application Architecture & Database Modeling.
- Expert in Tracking and Managing the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams and I also handled requirement churn.
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution and Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project comply with Business Requirements.
- Supported scrum team by resolving impediments such as the offshore testing team impediment.
- Analyze Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective. Reviewed Test Strategy and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, User Interface, Performance, Usability and Security requirements.
- Establish Incident Reporting and Change Control procedures using ClearQuest.
- Designed data models and conducted normalization and de-normalization of data to fit OLTP and OLAP frameworks, slicing and dicing of data marts for analytical decision-making support.
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) using Informatica.
- Logged and tracked the defects using HP Quality Center. Created an error repository and managed the testing process with the QA team
- Assisted in the creation of deployment flow chart in conjunction with development, infrastructure, and network teams containing information for maintaining Application.
- Proven record of Team Management and Leadership skills.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
- Involved in Business process reengineering (BPR) by conducting Process modelling, SWOT analysis, Document analysis, and GAP analysis to analyze As-Is business process and the To-Be system.
- Conducted multiple Interviews, Brainstorming, Requirements Workshop and JAD sessions with business owners, development teams, SAS analysts, DB admins, financial analysts, and Subject matter experts to elicit requirements regarding scenarios, business rules, compliance & regulations, and reporting requirements.
- Created Business Requirements Document and System Requirements Specifications (SRS) for functional, non-functional, Data, and GUI requirements in coordination with the Product Owner, Development team and gained key requirements to support sustainability.
- Used UX Pin to create Software Wireframes, Prototypes, mockups simulating key aspects of the final product.
- Created modelling UML diagrams, flow charting process flows like BPMN using Lucid Chart, MS Visio.
- Used SharePoint as document storage collaboration platform for document management.
- Responsible for identifying data sources from omni channeltouch points, internal systems, external systems, silos on legacy systems, third party systems, social media, clickstream for the Enterprise Data Hub(EDH) using Cloudera.
- Gathered requirements on the different frequencies of data ingest (Batch/streamed real-time/part- time) from Flume collectors to be loaded on HDFS using Apache Flume.
- Worked on querying data and creating on demand reports and involved in data validations and performed Sentiment Analysis for Social Media data Analysis & used Sqoop to transfer data from RDBMS to HDFS. Used SQL queries to build reports and data retrieval purposes.
- Created scenarios and iterations to be run using Impala (Hadoop service) to produce more precise insights.
- Elicited and wrote requirements for reporting on potential illicit activity that includes Know your customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR), Suspicious Activity Report (SAR), watch-list filtering.
- Elicited requirements and assisted in the development of alerts-score based triage criterions, case packaging and the requirements for UI &report elements of the Investigation Manager module.
- Elicited and documented requirements for data optimization and packaged data management schema for the consumption of SAS Analytics engine.
- Responsible for creation of ER diagrams like Conceptual and Logical diagrams and Collaborated with database developer in developing physical diagram for Knowledge Center that stores Alerts.
- Elicited and documented Risk Scenarios for Alerts and Risk factors for each Alert with the SMEs.
- Elicited requirements for Business rules such as Routing rules and Suppression rules for Alerts.
- Collaborated with development team in developing business scenario simulation algorithms using Apache Spark, Apache HBase, and Oozie and automation of workflows using Apache Mahout.
- Acted as a liaison between Hadoop Administrator and Developer in setting up the nodes and clusters of Hadoop eco-system with the help of tools like Cloudera Manager and services like Zookeeper and YARN.
- Worked closely with UI team in developing the web application and validated XML, HTML. Learned more about Java script frameworks like Angular Java Script.
- Assisted Web services team in designing REST API’s and configuring WADL.
- Involved in validation of HTTP requests and response of Web server by using stubs.
- Assisted in configuring dash boards and reports in SAS Visualization.
- Assured Quality Assurance of developed software by identifying Test Scenarios, creating Test Plans. Tested various modules by performing UAT, tracked defects by documenting them in JIRA and communicated with the team for resolving the defects.
- Maintained and Managed all the deliverables, artifacts, timelines and dependencies using JIRA for Project Management.
- Facilitated all Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective ensuring time-box.
- Conducted Story writing sessions, Product Grooming sessions and Coached teams to write effective User stories using INVEST criteria, and tasks using SMART criteria, defined Acceptance criteria, and Definition of Done.
- Collaborated with the Product owner and Development team to prioritize the Product Backlog Items(PBI’s) using various techniques that carry business value like Moscow, estimate the User Stories using relative units like Planning Poker.
- Created Task Board to segregate to-do tasks, in progresstasks and done tasks. Tracked team progress daily through Standup Meeting towards sprint goal, identified and solved impediments, ensured transparency of artifacts created and to be created.
- Worked with Change Management procedures which included modifications and enhancement, analyzed, documented and processed required Change as per the standard procedures for approval/denial decisions.
- Collaborated with the team to verify and validate the PSPI developed with the definition of done and acceptance criteria during sprint review meeting to calcqulate velocity and move the incomplete user stories back to product backlog.
- Coached scrum team to be self-organizing, transparent, cross-functional and accountable.
- Conducted Sprint Retrospective by providing a comfortable environment to the team and carefully diagnosed the process followed during sprint cycle, discussed new ideas if any and resolved issues identified.
- Documented all workshops, retrospective and other ceremonies note in Confluence.
Environment: Waterfall Scrum Hybrid, JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, MS Visio, UX pin, Lucid Chart, Informatica, Big Data Hadoop (YARN, Sqoop, Flume, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Impala, Apache Mahout, Hadoop Distributed File Systems (HDFS), HBase, Spark Streaming), SAS Financial Crime Suite, SAS AML, SAS Base and Data Loader, SQL, HTML5, XML, CSS3, Angular JS, RESTful API, AJAX
Business Analyst/Scrum Master
- Assisted in defining the initial common terminology to be used throughout the project lifecycle.
- Worked with the entire Mortgage Business Applications including Loan Origination System, Loan Processing System, Loan Underwriting System, Loan Closing System, and various other internal system interfaces.
- Gathered Business Requirements, and analyzed data/process flows. Defined the scope, financial projections and cost/benefit analysis. Ensured progression from Problem Statement to well- documented Designs.
- Created an AS-IS workflow to better understand mechanics of the existing system and conducted Gap Analysis.
- Developed Wireframes, Prototypes of the new information processing application using MS Visio.
- Facilitated collection of functional requirements from system users and prepared Business requirement documents (BRD) using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Reviewed Design documents, Requirements analysis specifications with Project Lead, Business Owners and the Technical Lead.
- Identified and documented issues, risks and gaps (descriptions, impact) and provided recommendation and alternatives to develop the application to meet the user requirements.
- Developed and executed test cases for systems testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Played a major role in Change Management (employed Rational Clear Quest) during the testing lifecycle.
- Helped Data Architect to understand the business requirements to create the Database Models and resolve the Data Migration issues.
- Helped the business to articulate and prioritize their ideas by using the Rational Unified Process(RUP).
Environment: RUP, UML, CRM, Rational Rose, MS Project, MS Visio, IBM WebSphere, Test Director
- Identify research, analyze, define and document business processes.
- Conducted interviews with project managers, SMEs, business users to collect requirement and business process information.
- Created, Maintained, Mapped and Updated Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure all requirements are defined for a system and tested in the testprotocols.
- Created low fidelity diagrams like Wireframes showing markups for web pages.
- Created process flow diagrams for better process identification and clarity for development team.
- Worked with the developers closely to magnify success scenarios of Primary and Alternateflows.
- Developed PowerPoint presentations for monthly meetings with upper management.
- Teamed up with the credit allocation department to perform marketsurvey and learnclientrequirements to assist the technicalteam in Software development.
- Assisted Engineers in coming up with technical documents Functional design documents.
- Assist in selecting the technology for the application based on Cost-Effectiveness and Quality with an eye towards the future.
- Used for SharePointcontentmanagement and documentmanagement.
- Used UML to prepare Use Cases from the gathered requirements and created diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Assisted in preparation of UAT test plan, Test Cases, Testing Cycle schedules, Test Scenarios and implemented them with QA team.
Environment: Waterfall, UML, SQL Server, MS Office (word, power point, excel), MS Project, DB2, Mockup Screens,SharePoint
Front End Web Developer
- Performed the requirement analysis by interacting with key stakeholders to get the better understanding of the scope and deliverables of the project.
- Worked with a team of front end developers to build UI design concepts and prototypes.
- Heavily interacted with the end users and stake holders for design validation.
- Developed Ajax framework for the project using jQuery, Servlet, JSP.
- Evaluated, analyzed, and tested web interface to understand and enhance the overall usability of the designs.
- Used W3C validator for testing HTML that dramatically helps improve and ensure quality in HTML.
- Used Subversion for source control.
- Integrated the Java code (API) in JSP Pages
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes