Lead Business Analyst & Jr. Project Manager Resume
- 17 years of experience including Business Analysis & operations in Accounts/Finance, specialising in Hedge Fund Accounting. Lead accounting process transitions from US & UK.
- Worked in Payroll processing, debtors/creditors reconciliation, GAAP Analysis Thresholds & netting.
- As a Sr./Lead BA, involved with Requirement Gathering, BRD, FRD, Use Cases, Change Management, Defining Interfaces. Prepared Wire frames & Prototypes, System Testing & UAT, prepared Release Notes & Training Documents.
- Good knowledge in Business Processes Reengineering concepts and methods.
- Exposure to Business Process Management (BPM) concepts and technologies.
- Has excellent leadership, interpersonal, and motivation skills including leading/mentoring others.
- Led & coordinated onsite & offshore teams in BIFS, Capital Market Domain and Government Agencies.
Business Process Analysis & Reengineering: Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, As - Is & To - Be Process Analysis
Requirements Elicitation Techniques: Conducting Interviews, meetings, observations and Workshop, Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions and brain storming sessions.
Modelling and Analysis: UML Diagrams-Use Case, Activity diagrams, Process Flow, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
Business and System Documentations: Business Case, Vision Document, Business Requirements Document (BRD), Requirements Managements, Story Board & Validation
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, structured SDLC methodology
Office Skills: MS Office 2010 - MS Excel, MS Word & MS PowerPoint
BusinessModelling Tools: MS Visio, Axure RP, Enterprise Architect, Contract Manager, IBM BPM, JAMA
Testing & Quality Tools: JIRA, MQC (Mercury Quality Centre), TFS
Platforms: Mainframe, SharePoint
Tools: (Financial & others) Scala, Oracle 11i, SAP (FICO), Advent Geneva, AutoRek, Bloomberg, Sugar CRM, Revitas, Facets
Database: SQL Queries, Oracle Server, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 97, XP, 2000, 2007
Lead Business Analyst & Jr. Project Manager
- Application Requirement Gathering (Redone Customer Application form, through Internal & external Customers involvement, questionnaires, meetings and feedback)
- Elicit, Analysis Validate Functional Requirement
- Collected & analyzed requirements for integration of Revitas with the To- Be System
- Prepared BRD / FRD / Use Case Document
- Prepared UML diagrams & process flows for Use Cases in Visio.
- Involved in creating strategy/methodology documents for the BPMpractice.
- Good knowledge in implementing concepts governing relational database structures, and user reporting/query tools.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Business Process Re-engineering, As Is & To Be Process
- Joint Application Development Session with Development Manager and Developers
- Creation of sample screens with Data field and Creation of Wireframes in Axure RP
- Worked on migration from ICD-09-CM to ICD-10-CM to be included in the Death Certificates issued by the OCME.
- Created Use Case Process Flows, State Diagrams and Swim lane Diagrams
- Created Role / Actor based security control matrix using Identity Access Methods
- Created RTM in JAMA software and migration into TFS for creation of individual work items.
- SharePoint 2013 and Microsoft TFS
Environment: Waterfall Methodologies, Client Interaction, Interview & Questionnaire, As Is & To Be Process, JAD Sessions, BRD, Data fields, UML (Unified Modeling Language), Visio, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), JAMA, TFS, PDF, ICD-09-CM, ICD-10-CM, Revitas, Facets, JIRA 2012, SharePoint 2013, IBM BPM, New York City Agency.
Sr Business Analyst
- Understanding requirements as documented in the RFP
- Elicit, Analysis Validate Functional and Master Requirements
- Reviewing requirements with end user & drafting of the initial storyboard.
- Consolidation of the requirements under various Goals / Activities / User stories
- Gathering Requirements for integrating SugarUX CRM with the To-Be system.
- Validation of Goals / Activities / User Stories as per Requirements mentioned in RFP
- Conducting & scribing various validations sessions for Goals / Activities / User Stories.
- Maintained logs in PDH with product details about new and changed products
- Used Contract Manager to check on the Contract details and understand & collect requirements.
- USD (User Story Details) as per the feedback from the validations sessions.
- Goals, Activities, User Stories & User Story Details in to JAMA for Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Creation of Role / Actor based security control matrix using Identity Access Methods
- Maintained & updated all artifacts in SharePoint 2013
- Maintained & updated all Project detail timelines in JIRA 2012
Environment: Waterfall Methodologies, Storyboard, Storyboard Validation, Goals/ Activities/ Use Story (Features), MS Office, Visio, PDF, JIRA 2012, SharePoint 2013, JAMA, Product Data Hub (PDH), Sugar CRM, Contract Manager, New York State Agencies.
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. Business Analyst
- Review of Functional requirement document (BRD) through inputs from project BA's
- Occasionally participated with the Project BA's in their routine calls.
- Creating & Buddy reviewing of Use cases.
- Creating & Buddy review of UML Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, State Diagrams using Visio.
- Used Enterprise Architect for Traceability Matrix between Use Cases vis-a-vi requirements.
- Involved with Training for the Project BA's.
Environment: Agile methodologies, Scrum, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Visio, .NET server, structured SDLC methodology, system flows, interfaces, use cases, and business rules.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Prepared RFP and Sprint Zero document.
- Business requirement gathering and documenting using Use Case
- Wire Frames & Prototypes in Axure
- As - Is & To - Be Process for the Legacy & the new system. liaison between the customer and IT & also between the Onsite & Offshore team
- Had regular morning Scrum meetings for analyzing the current health / status of the project.
- Used simple SQL Query for data retrieving like “where”, “select”, ”and”, “or”, “as” etc,
- SharePoint 2010 for managing artifacts, version changes, MOM’s, Flowcharts, Activity Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams
- Used Data mining to extract the data from Oracle Server using SQL queries.
- Participated in SOA sessions for Physical & Logical designing for the To-Be system.
- Advanced Excel with VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Hyperlink in FRD, Transpose etc.
- Releases were of 4 week iterations (2nd Wednesday of every month).
- Worked with Testers for explaining the requirements through calls, impromptu meetings, and emails.
- Used MQC for writing Test Cases & following up on defects as noted by Testers with respective teams. Reporting in MQC.
Environment: Agile methodologies, Scrum, Oracle Server, SQL queries, Metadata, Advanced MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot table, LOOKUP Tables, Transpose, MS Project), IBM-SPSS, Report Generator, HP Quality Center, Templates, MS Visio, SharePoint 2007, Axure, JAD Session, SOA sessions, Sprint Backlog, SQL, Data Mining, Contract Management, Java, MQC, structured SDLC methodology, wireframes, Prototypes, mock-ups, system flows, ERD, interfaces, use cases, & business rules.
Confidential, New York, NY
Business / Test Analyst
- Served as a liaison between user groups and technical team
- Document & elicit Business Requirements incorporating AIG Standards. Prepared Use Cases, Process Flow Diagram (GUI) for Business Requirement Document using MS Visio (Amendment to the initial Use Cases)s
- Identify upstream & downstream dependencies.
- Created of Business, System, Security & Non Functional requirements.
- Document full requirements traceability in its approved repository using Enterprise Architect.
- Extensive usage of Pivot Table, V-Lookup & H-Lookup for Data mining in MS Excel.
- Testing irregularities between Mainframe, Genesis & Cognos & identifying any variances
- Assisted in reviewing test cases based on requirements anddefect tracking. using Jira
Environment: Agile methodologies, Scrum Methodologies, Sprint Backlog, Advanced MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Table, LOOKUP Tables, Transpose), Templates, MS Visio, Mainframe, Genesis, IBM Cognos, Data Mining, Windows 2007, Enterprise Architect, AxureRP, JIRA, SQL, structured SDLC methodology, Salesforce, Wireframes & Prototypes, interfaces, use cases, and business rulesProject I: Fund Reconciliation
Confidential, Manhattan - NY
Sr. Fund Accountant
- Daily & monthly reconciliations for cash, trades, positions against Custodial & Prime Broker
- Daily & monthly cash balancing for Subscription & Redemptions.
- Worked on currencies SGD, HKD, AUD apart from GBP, USD & Euro in Hedge fund environments.
- Accurately booking of Journal Entries for Incentive Fees, Admin & Management Fees,
- Worked on Government Bond portfolio of $350mm, responsible for their Interest Rate Calculation, Reconciliation & Booking & Break Resolution after reconciliation with Prime broker’s statements.
- Ageing analysis & reporting of Breaks and other projects from time to time as asked by manager.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot table, LOOKUP Tables, Transpose, Reconciliation. Portfolio Accounting, Interest Rate Derivatives, Swaps, Swaption.
Lead Business Analyst
- Documenting Functional Requirement & Solution Documents as per client requirement.
- Documented Business Rules and DevelopedAs-IsandTo-BeProcess Flow Diagrams
- Prepared use cases, UML & activity diagramsusingMS Visio
- Acted as a liaison between the customer and IT & also between the Onsite & Offshore team
- ManagedChange Requests, conducted ImpactAssessments
- First point of contact for any escalation issues from the production as well as Client side.
Environment: Requirement Gathering, Waterfall methodologies, Test Director, Oracle, MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Table, MS Project, MS Visio, Axure RP, .NET Technology, Windows 2007, Enterprise Architect, structured SDLC methodology, wireframes, system flows, interfaces, use cases, and business rules, SQL
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
Sr. Hedge Fund Accountant
- Daily & monthly reconciliation & Month End Accruals for Pequot Fund. Reconciliation for trades, positions, cash, collateral & P&L for 11 funds with prime brokers using Multifonds platform, resolve & report un-reconciled items on daily basis
- Preparation & Review of Month End P&L Accruals & entering in to the system.
- Ageing analysis of open items & reporting to the senior Managers.
- Portfolio Management and Accounting
- Review and analysis of international and domestic corporate action postings.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Table, Reconciliation, Multifonds, Bloomberg, Advent Geneva, Windows 97.
Confidential, Midtown, NY
Hedge Fund Accountant
- Daily Fund Reconciliation for Cash & P&L of Marathon Global Fund
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of 6 Daily Cash Reconciliations
- Booked monthly journal entries, reconciliations for Dividend, Interest, and Inc/Exp Accruals.
- GL Posting in FASTracker (Derivative Accounting Software)
- Calculated month end NAV for funds with over 400mil in AUM (Assets under Management).
- Worked on instruments (Equity, FX trades etc) and their treatment in the Trading and Accounting System “Aexeo”.
Environment: MS Excel, MS Word, Pivot Table, Reconciliation software, Aexeo, Bloomberg, Windows 97.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes