- Business Systems Analyst with over Eight years industry experience in business data modeling, software requirement analysis, process modeling, process flow and quality assurance skills using different methodologies, mainly OOA, OOAD and UML.
- Strong noledge of financial industry including investment banking, healthcare industry including HIPAA with emphasis on business requirements and functional requirements.
- Extensive noledge of all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and the iterative Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Organized many Joint Application Developments (JAD) sessions and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), walkthrough, Interviews, Workshops and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions with end - user/clients/stake holders and the IT group.
- Design and review of various documents including the Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Business requirements document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FSD), Systems Design Specification (SDS), Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and testing documents.
- Excellent noledge in Component-based Development (CBD) and Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS).
- Proficient in creating Risk Analysis documents, Risk Management Plan, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specification and Business Process Flows.
- Proficient in using UML in behavioral, structural and architectural modeling - in creating Use Case, State, Activity, Class and Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Used Microsoft Visio for Business Process Modeling and Data flow diagrams.
- Used ERwin 4.0 to capture data by creating Entity-Relationship and Use Case diagrams.
- Worked with Rational Suite of tools to create requirements documents (Requisite Pro), visual data models (Rose), manage and track defects (Clear Quest).
- Well-versed in project management tool (MS Project) for status reporting, planning and resource allocation.
- Experience in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT). SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis and ROI analysis.
- Successful as a team player to work in conjunction with other DBA’s, testers, developers and other team members in validation and testing complex scenarios and projects and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in Projects especially with Test Director.
- Expertise in Analysis of Problem Severity, Defect tracking and reporting system.
- Strong communication, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Business Tools: Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest, Clear Case), MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access, MS Office Suite, Visual Paradigm, DoorsErwin Data Modeler 4x, Business Object (Crystal Reports)
Business Skills: Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modeling & Analysis, Business Environment and Market Research Analysis
Methodologies: RUP, OOAD, UML & Business/Data Modeling
Testing Tools: Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, PR Tracker
Operating Systems: Windows XP/95/98/NT/2000, Mac OS X, DOS, UNIX, Linux
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i; SQL Server 7.0 & 2000; Access 2000, MS SQL Server, DB2
Languages: UML, C, C++, HTML, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, ASP.NET
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Support requirements triage in MQC to select release specific requirements - identify relationships and dependencies between requirements, estimate technical effort and perform Impact Analysis.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and design meetings with the Stakeholders, SME’s and Leads of Interfaces.
- Performed requirements modeling and develop analysis diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, state diagrams, data models, and use-case realizations using RUP tools in Agile.
- Manage changes to requirements through change control -clear case, MQC, Documentum.
- Gathered requirements to upgrade the Time and Attendance system from a client server to a web-based application with three methods of time entry; Time Clocks, Web and Teletime IVR.
- Worked closely with developers to define time calculations for regular overtime and special overtime pays.
- Reviewed the Functional Requirements of the COTS products and evaluated the integration of COTS with the existing system.
- Worked with Peoplesoft administrators to define the different security groups needed for different roles.
- Reviewed requirements and answered questions from off-shore testing groups to test key functionality changes with the upgrade.
- Attended Workforce Connect training and assisted Timekeeper administrators with their functions such as reporting Genie and automating workflow approvals.
- Prepared an analysis report based on the COTS evaluation.
- Gathered requirements to build an interface dat loads employee demographic and Peoplesoft specific data directly from the HR system. Employee data appears in the Workforce Timekeeper application within 20 minutes.
- Extensive noledge of employee benefit laws and regulatory requirements; experience working with vendors to update SPD’s; experience administering FMLA, disability, and workers’ compensation leaves
- Met with the internal training team to review functional changes for their preparation of web-based training for regular employees and managers approving timesheets.
- Produced metrics which provide management insight into the requirements process, to include, status, size, volatility, quality, effort, etc.- Visio, Rational Tools, Traceability Matrixes.
- Performed after Action/Post Milestone Reviews and quality reviews to ensure dat developed software products met the business needs and are in compliance with RUP and CMMi 3.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Visual Source Safe, Test Director 7.6, Quick Test Pro (QTP)
Confidential, New York, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements using RUP methodology and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Worked with the SME’s to define business critical needs and analyze the possible technical solutions.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) document, User Requirement Specification (URS) and Change Request (CR) document for system application development.
- Conducted Cost-Benefit Analysis of COTS products and comparison between COTS and In-house developed components.
- Developed budget planning report & timelines of the project by conducting walk-through sessions and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Authored various Use Cases and Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Requisite Pro and used UML methodology to define the Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Performed GAP analysis for the modules in production, conducted feasibility study and performed impact analysis for proposed enhancements.
- Coordinated JAD session with system analysts, development team, project manager for application development and Pre-validation specifications.
- Developed and managed project plans, schedules, issues log created and business-technical conflicts.
- Coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing.
- Authored test plans, test cases for various test scenarios and halped testing team to better understand the test scripts.
- Used Test Director which is a Mercury tool to halp manage defects and issues log during the testing phase.
- Involved in the creating the User Interface Specification Document and User Training Manual as per project specification with the halp of development team
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers, and suggested enhancements and solution to the existing application problem from business perspectives.
- Worked as a User/Customer advocate and negotiated with user as well as the technical team and management staff to resolve any outstanding requirement conflict during the whole SDLC process.
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro), Windows XP/2000, SQL, XML, HTTP, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director (Mercury Interactive), Java, Oracle
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Business System Analyst
- Liaison between the client and development team to support the client’s data analysis and reporting needs.
- Proficient in discussing and defining project, Gap Analysis with the clients from both a business and technical perspective.
- Provide current market, economic and technical information and updates as well as external changes impacting trading activities to customers.
- Gather requirements for the listed options risk management system, specifically for index options risk management spreadsheet. Defining requirements for product control and risk management end of day feeds.
- Consolidated the analysis of multiple business lines after the COTS evaluation.
- Wrote functional requirements and non-functional requirements based upon the approved business requirements by following UML processes and standard procedures for developing use cases, use case diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- Engaged in analyzing requirements, identifying various individual logical components, expressing the system design through UML diagrams.
- Worked on Rational Rose to develop the use cases, class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Worked on Requirement Change Management System in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Setting up document hierarchy and standards to define different level of requirement using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Manage Scope and change throughout the SDLC process of the product.
- Analyzed existing data and used tools available to successfully forecast the pricing models.
- Responsible for addressing, diagnosing, and resolving issues dat arise on a day to day basis for the team. Also responsible for documenting the causes, analysis and final resolution to the issues/errors.
- Identified areas of risk exposure and loss techniques adopted.
- Developed detailed auditing and reporting of the current status and history of all components related to a product.
- Translated customer/clients needs into new features and new services.
- Develop process improvement projects by gathering and analyzing data.
- Define Key Process Areas for different Projects.
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Windows XP/2000, Oracle, PL/SQL, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
Business System Analyst
- Performed requirement gathering & analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the requirements specification document for the application using MS Word.
- Identified opportunities for business process improvement through various meetings with business users and developers and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Developed the project plan with assistance from the management, and included provisions for project scope changes and issues and initiated efforts to make improvements.
- Conducted project kick off meetings with team members to explain roles / responsibilities, relationships with other groups, deliverables, timelines, assignments and status reporting.
- Created RUP activity diagrams and sequence diagrams to analyze the requirements and recommend solutions.
- Prepared scenarios, Use Cases & UML State Diagram for scenarios using Rational Rose.
- Prepare presentation slides in MS Project, which was extensively used in different JAD sessions and to track progress.
- Assisted the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture.
- Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirement document as per business user feedback and changes in the functionality of the application.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure dat all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Organized meetings to discuss outstanding issues with QA and developers.
- Wrote test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Windows NT/XP/2000, UML, UNIX, MS-Project, MS-Office Suite, MS Visio, Mercury, WinRunner, Test Director
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Involved in interactions with Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Developers, and the end-users in more than one JAD sessions. MS Project proved useful in coordinating activities with project manager and various other teams.
- Prepared an ROI analysis report after evaluating the COTS product of the multiple business lines
- Gathered product requirements in order to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables or products dat are created.
- Talked to the end users to create the process requirements and to proper explain to the design and development team the flow of future data modules.
- Modeled the information and tan came up with the requirements prioritization. Eliminated false requirements by screening out multiple versions of user input. Final prioritization was based on both, product and process requirements.
- Provided clear and concise documentation regarding requirements management plans, functional requirements, supplemental requirements, test plans and test cases.
- Created Use Cases documents and Use Case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Kept a watchful eye on the changes along with maintaining a constant communication with the developers.
- Created, executed and translated Manual Test Cases and scenarios into Automated Test Scripts in order to validate the functional requirements using Mercury Test Suite.
- Planned and managed testing strategies through all phases of the software development, test and revision cycles in the Mercury Test Director.
Environment: Rational Suite (Rose, Requisite Pro), Rational Unified Process (RUP), UNIX, UML, Win Runner, Test Director (Mercury Interactive), Java, SQL, C++, .Net
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes