Business Analyst Resume
0/5 (Submit Your Rating)
Round Rock, TexaS
- Over 6 years of experience as a Business Analyst and UAT coordinator with frontline leadership role in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Diversified experience and successful implementations in Information Technology, involving in - depth understanding of Business Process Flows, Software Development Life Cycle, Process design, Business and functional requirements, Business case preparation, Development and Testing
- Highly experienced in various areas of Investment Banking: Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Fixed Income, Annuities, Trading Life Cycle, Mortgage, Loan Orientation, Stocks, Bonds, Futures, Options, Hedging, Equity Research, Mutual Funds, Securities trading and Commodities.
- Extensive experience in implementing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles and methodologies such as Agile, Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Waterfall Method in development.
- Expert in writing Functional and non- Functional requirements.
- Highly experienced in conducting Gap Analysis and Feasibility Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with new business requirements.
- Extensive experience as a lead Business Analyst and also in assisting Project Management to understand the scope of the project.
- Participated in project assessment, functional analysis and requirements gathering and converting business requirements into functional requirements.
- Expert in Planning, facilitating, and participating in working sessions with cross-functional resources and mentoring to meet and exceed business needs.
- Conducting JAD sessions with the technology areas, interviews, written correspondence, reports, implementation requirements, project status reports, oral presentations and email, to keep executive staff and team members apprised of goals, project status, and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Skilled in developing testing scenarios and testing scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of UML modeling, Drawing Sequence Diagrams, Flow diagram and Activity diagram using tools such as Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Expert in trading Stocks and Derivatives which include Stock Futures, options and Commodity futures for the corporate clients and retail investors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (includes MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS SharePoint).
- Skilled in coordinating and communicating between Developers, QA Teams, Management, QA and project leads and stakeholders to keep them informed at all the times about the development and the open issues.
- Exceptional communication skills and Presentation Skills, Result oriented professional who combines formal education/certifications with experience gained from research and hands-on opportunities. Analytical, methodical and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying root causes and corrective actions to meet short and long-term business as well as financial and system requirements.
- Extensive experience creating business documents including BRDs, FRDs, NFRDs and DRDs.
- MS Visio
- MS Office (Word
- Access)MS SQL Server
- Crystal Reports
- Business Objects
- Cloud computing
- Crystal Reports Rational RUP
Confidential, Round Rock, Texas
- Responsible for Gathering Requirements based on the user requirements and specifications.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and identify the requirements for the proposed system.
- Prepared Test plans, Test Cases based on business requirements.
- Worked directly with Developers, Project Managers and Business contacts to produce Test plans and Test Conditions.
- Participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions for communicating and managing expectations.
- Followed established formats, procedures, created new formats, as well as researched, created, edited Technical and Business Data Documents.
Confidential, Chantilly VA
- Obtaining a thorough grasp of the business process that is being followed in the project environment.
- Extracting the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their needs for the application and managing them using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Involved in gathering and documenting the requirements that were critical to the business process and using those requirements to design application software using a Use Case approach.
- Extensively involved in Performance measurement and Client reporting.
- Prepared Business Workflow models that cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Mainly used Test Director for bug tracking and Reporting and also for reporting defects.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Experience in handling very complex Business Requirements and translate them into functional requirements according to the good requirements standard that BSM Architecture team has embraced.
- Serve as a liaison to the stakeholder business community. Participate in a user and task analysis to maintain the business community's perspective.
- Experience in understanding specific business needs and overall business strategy of the business customer.
- Analyzed the impacts of any new releases going into effect to minimize effects on corresponding systems.
- Work with the Business/Functional Architect and other planners to assess current capabilities and identify high - level requirements.
- Analyzed the systems for process flows and conducted user interviews to understand pain points, identify the scope and requirement gathering for the Permanent Insurance.
- Generated extensive documentation on business requirements, functional specifications and system, workflow, process flow diagrams and use case diagrams using UML in MS Visio.
- Coordinated with multiple internal departments and external vendors to build consensus and facilitate common understanding & synchronized approach to automation.
- Wrote specifications to establish standards for such initiatives in future.
- Design and developed process flows and data flow diagrams with UML using MS Visio and was a part of data modeling team.
- Analyzed the data with various touch points using SQL and was responsible for preparing the functional specifications for the Data Integration.
- For data models used conceptual and logical modeling techniques to define primary tables and their relationships and details with other tables.
- Coordinated with the development team to develop an optimal prototype and then a full scale usable model.
- Produced ad hoc reports for CRM (Customer Relationship Management) teams in Crystal Reports.
- Developed the test plan, identified test cases and wrote test scripts for aid the process of UAT.
- Did multi-party coordination to successfully deploy the applications and perform configuration management.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Performed In-Depth analysis of systems and business processes of Medicare as per CMS rules and procedures.
- Gathered requirements for the facets implementation and performed solution analysis.
- Conducted SME interviews, gathered requirements, and analyzed the requirements for the Claim processing system.
- Developed entity diagrams, data interface mapping to map all the possible inputs and outputs.
- Assisted Project with the project plan and conducted status report meeting to finish on the time scheduled.
- Involved in discussions and meetings with implementation team to verify the proposed functionality.
- Traced requirements using traceability matrix to trace the requirements.
- Created test cases to test the requirements with the requirement and performed UAT testing billing and invoice on facets.
- Prepared a document with the reporting specification and reporting requirement and trained decision makers on the report analysis.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes