Sr. Business Analyst Resume
- Over 7 years industry experience as a Senior Business Analyst with good understanding of all the phases of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from inception phase to production and experienced in different SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP) and Agile or Scrum master with good understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, and Business Analysis.
- Experience working in multiple domains like Finance, Banking, Retail Banking, Mortgage, Retail and Healthcare. Possess good understanding of Accounting and Auditing domains.
- Well - versed in Fixed Income, Equity Income, and Derivatives (Futures, Forwards, Options and Swaps),Financial statement, Cash flow statement, Income statement, Securities, Balance Sheet, Accounting, Business Processes, Forecasting, Loans, Deposits.
- Experienced and possess good understanding working with both Onshore and Offshore teams.
- Possess an understanding of the trading and settlement process to be able to put the activities of front, middle, Clearance and back office into perspective.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) session, and Rapid Application Development (RAD), Production support.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD),Functional Requirement Document(FRD), Use Case Specifications, and Functional Specifications.
- Experienced in Requirement Management and Traceability Matrix using Requisite Pro.
- Possess understanding of Business Applications Management (BAM), Distribution Processes and Time Keeping work Record Systems and preparation of UML diagrams.
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Test Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams etc.
- Actively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black Box Testing and System Testing.
- Possess excellent client interaction and communication skills and interpersonal skills. Good in problem solving and sound decision making capabilities.
- Excellent track record for meeting deadlines and submitting deliverables on time.
- Experience working in complex, cross-functional and geographically dispersed team environments (Onshore and Offshore). Exceptional team player as well as individual contributor.
Business Modeling Tools: Requisite Pro, Clear case, Visio, UML, SharePoint, Microsoft Office
Financial Systems: Bloomberg, POM, AIM, Basel II.
Reporting Tools: Clear Quest, Info Image.
Test Tools: Test Director, Win Runner, Load Runner.
Methodologies: Project Management, Waterfall, Agile, RUP, Change Management, UML, Use Case.
Software: MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Word-Project-Power Point - Excel - Visio, SharePoint, Quality Center, SQL, Outlook.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between the developers and management staff and was instrumental in resolving conflicts between the management and technical teams.
- Interacted and conducted meetings with other manager.
- Conducted meetings/interviews and JAD sessions with stakeholders to collect business requirements.
- This information along with the vision document was used to transform business requirements into System Requirement Specifications.
- Worked closely with Loan officers and SME’s to understand the home loan process and residential mortgage-backed security, commercial mortgage-backed security .
- Interacted with the offshore team to co-ordinate the technical activities and underwriting reports.
- Prepared business workflow models that cover "How" business processes are accomplished.
- Identified the business requirements from the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and documenting it in MS Excel and MS Visio for the developers.
- Conducted milestones planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from development, QA and technical support teams.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships.
- Helped the QA team to devise the test plan for the application by explaining the vision document and the business case.
- Attended change request meetings to document corresponding changes and implemented procedures for enforcing changes through defect tracking.
Environment: UML, Agile, MS Visio, MS Office, MS SharePoint, SQL, MS Suite.
Confidential, MIAMI, FL
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements by facilitating JAR/JAD Sessions.
- Interacted with stakeholders and Risk Analysts team to gather requirements about Risk Management Application.
- Documented Business requirement specification and business process.
- As a liaison between developers and the SME’s, worked closely with Risk Management Team, Securities and understood the business needs and business processes and documented them in BRD.
- Understood the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry in Banking.
- Participated in meetings with the management team, the SME the Fixed Income, E-commerce Department, and Derivative Team.
- Gathered the vital market data from offshore team in Paris (France) to document them in BRD.
- Responsible for regular interaction with the Equities, Fixed Income & Foreign Exchange (FX) Division to gather Global Market Data to base the Benefit Analysis and Market Risk.
- As a liaison between the developers and management, was instrumental in resolving conflicts between stakeholders and technical development teams.
- Gathered and developed system design specification and functional specifications for retail banking division.
- Conducted JAD Sessions for faster and better understanding of requirements and understood the Financial Statements.
- Performed ‘As is - to be’ Confidential Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Coordinated with programmers, Management scheduling and testers to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Windows XP, E-Commerce, Agile, MS Visio 2007, Quality Center, MS Office 2007, MS SQL Server 2005.
Confidential, MAHWAH, NJ
- Communicated, Conducted user interviews, gathered Business Requirements Specifications, and analyzed the Requirements.
- Held and attended presentations and meetings to coordinate efforts among all the groups, leading into the inception phase.
- Gathered and analyzed and understood the business processes and developed system design specification and functional specifications by facilitating JAR/JAD Sessions.
- Performed Requirement Analysis by gathering both functional and non-functional requirements based on interaction with the process owners and stakeholders as per Rational Unified Process.
- Analyzed requirements to identify ambiguous, incomplete and incorrect requirements, data challenges.
- Responsible for documenting business processes for ‘AS-IS’ and ‘TO-BE’ scenarios for Retail banking and credit card division.
- Involved in documenting the business process, developed Requirement specifications and process diagrams including context and dataflow diagrams using MS Visio 2007.
- Created, modified, linked and maintained requirements traceability using Requisite Pro.
- Worked on the Flowchart and Process diagrams using MS Visio.
- Identified important user scenarios from the functional requirements to develop test cases.
- Conducted walkthroughs with development team (MIS Division), Solutions Architect and stakeholders.
- Assisted Quality Assurance Team in system and integration testing.
- Involved in re-defining business processes and documenting enhancements (RUP).
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: RUP, UML 2.0, Quality Center, MS Visio 2007, MS Office 2007.
Confidential, Burlington, NC
- Conducted meetings with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to understand the workflow of the business and their application processes
- Analyzed of all the projects of past related to the functionality and come to one conclusion and then writes the business scenarios for regression testing team.
- Analyzed of system requirements and Use cases involved in the product development for writing of Test cases.
- Performed Confidential analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Designed and developed Use Cases and Use Case Scenarios using the UML methodologies.
- Business Process Requirements translated it into the Business Requirement Document (BRD) to be used as input to the functional design specifications.
- Worked with Customer Care Representatives to analysis frequent issues and gather technical and functional requirements.
- Performed Confidential analysis and was involved in analyzing the technical specifications of the current system and the infrastructure needs.
- Followed the Black box testing for crosschecking design decisions and assumptions against source code.
Environment: UML 2.0,Waterfall, MS PPT, Data Warehouse, MS Excel, MS Visio, Windows 2000, MS Project.
Confidential, San Bruno, CA
- Analyzed, defined and managed business owners, stakeholder, end user needs.
- Assisted E-Commerce team, senior technical personnel, and designated E-Commerce business representatives in defining and implementing the strategic direction necessary to better meet the business needs and Distribution processes.
- Conducted individual and group (JAD) sessions with business stakeholders and technical units.
- Established the business analysis methodology using Waterfall technique.
- Helped develop use cases, project plans and to manage project scope.
- Assisted in building the business analysis process model.
- Provided key project inputs by working with users in defining the project and system requirements.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementing system enhancements and conversions
- Assisted Test Lead, Testers understanding business process and help them successful completion of Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Requirements Testing.
Environment: Waterfall, Distribution Processes, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Rational Requisite Pro.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes