Sr Business Analyst Resume
- IT Business Analyst with 8 years of experience and success in helping clients optimize Information Technology utilization and investments and life cycle implementations in BI systems in Requirements gathering, Business Process Design, Development Assistance, Road map, Technical coordination, Gap analysis, comprehensive Technical and Functional Business documentation.
- Competent in building strong, sustainable relationships with clients (internal and external individuals).
- Thorough understanding of Business Process Flows, Business scope in various prospective and perform kick off, gap analysis, check the feasibility of requirement & translate to functional document
- Exceptional abilities in gathering system requirements, documenting requirements, defining business process modeling, identifying risks based on functionality, workflow and business trends and rules.
- Consult in - house management for identifying business risks and ensure completeness & concise. Integration of new applications with the existing ones.
- Effectively managed water fall model for Business process in identifying the solutions from proposals to final delivery in the areas of Sales, billing and Marketing, Human Resources, Retails and so on.
- Translate the business requirements into functional specifications to support the build and testing phases in the System Development Life Cycle including application design and judge situations
- Worked on creating and maintaining strategic partnership between the business needs and technology delivery (understanding of Business Value of IT). Have enhanced ability to gain rapport with business partners and subject matter expert(s) in understanding of business processes - IT involvement.
- Experience working with web technologies like Axure, Web 2.0, Html, Lifestreaming, etc
- Understanding of all the processes of ITIL; Service Support - Configuration Management, Change, Release, Incident, Problem Management and Service Delivery - Service Level Management, Capacity Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Availability Management, Financial Management
- Requirements Engineering - Obtain in-depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP); risk engineering; data modeling and mapping; and design skills using UML and Visio. Skilled at creating Use Case Model and detailed use cases, to define the workflows and system functionality for the aid of the development team.
- Proficient in using excel, word, PowerPoint.
- ERP optimization for various departments for LOB applications; HR, sales & marketing, finance, procurement, production, claims, customer front ending, customer service
- Developing test cases, work flows, use cases, story cards, sequence diagrams, data flow diagrams, regression testing, version releases, analysis, documentation, go-live,, security authorizations, and on-going support and also recommend new solutions for future upgrades
- Knowledge on mortgage, consumer lending and loans operations
- Gather Dashboard requirements that suits business reporting metrics and assist technical team.
- Perform UAT (user acceptance test), integration testing, and regression testing upon any release to ensure the requirement is incorporated with complete assistance in delivering Quality product.
- Excellent skills in documenting testing standards, programming procedures, setting strategy, high level designing, data mapping & guidelines including user acceptance testing upon version releases.
- Identity access management skills, presentations, use cases, Office Visio, & representing skills.
- Good understanding of business processes of credit cards and personal loans.
- Have used Sharepoint services and knowledge of Sharepoint foundation for web designing and creating documentation libraries for information availability
- Excellent working skills in MS Office including Visio & create complex Business working logic flows
- Used a combination of graphical information (flow charts) and text to convey business, system architecture & appropriate functional requirements management to both business and technical staff and perform system integration including user interface specifications, testing and take the approval.
- Experience in MIS (management information systems) applications to maintain Business processes
- Understanding of the client organization supply chain cycle, IT requirements for the entire supply chain from procurement, production, marketing, sales to customer service
- IT Business Analyst with 8 years of experience and success in helping clients optimize Information Technology utilization and investments and life cycle implementations in BI systems in Requirements gathering, Business Process Design, Development Assistance, Road map, Technical coordination, Gap analysis, comprehensive Technical and Functional Business documentation. Competent in building strong, sustainable relationships with clients (internal and external individuals).
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Clearcase tool, Storycards, SDLC, AGILE, UIBusiness Skills Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis & Research, Use Case Modeling, RUP, JAD/RAD Sessions,Quicktest Pro, Share Point services, Requirements Gathering-Rational Rose, Gap Analysis and Impact analysis, .NET web technology
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and 2003
Computer Languages: C, C++; SQL; MS office proficiency (excel, word, powerpoint)
Data warehouse: Business Objects
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr Business Analyst
- Facilitated meetings with internal clients to identify the scope and develop a framework for the project.
- Worked closely with project manager to develop the project plan and allocate the required resources.
- Played key role in Gap Analysis to study the Legacy systems (Cardinal.com, Choice and Perfect Order) and identified the features to be added to meet the end user requirements.
- Led workshops, held interviews and other ancillary methods to elicit requirements.
- Interviewed key users to gather functional and non-functional requirements.
- Translated business requirements into functional specifications to support the design, build and testing phases in the System Development Life Cycle.
- Incorporated user centered design (UCD) approach in building wireframes using iRise enterprise evaluation and prototyping tool. Visualization platform that helps communicate to the business clients a quick picture of the actual web page.
- Used iRise to quickly assemble working previews of business software that mimic the exact look, feel and behavior of the final product.
- Utilized UML and Requisite Pro tool to design, document, and manage requirements and Visio to model process flows and use cases.
- Documented and established traceability between the Business requirements, Use Cases, Business Rules, Activity diagrams and Test Scenarios.
- Developed Use Cases and UML, activity and sequence diagrams to define the functionality scope of the applications during walkthroughs and JAD sessions.
- Worked and coordinated in the implementation of the IBM WebSphere Portal and Commerce platforms integrated into the technical and application infrastructure.
- Chaired and participated in JAD sessions, providing constructive feedback on process flows, business and technical requirements and aligning existing reports to concurrent AS-IS reports being generated live.
- Used Rational Clear Case for managing configuration and version control of software components.
- Involved in the entire life cycle of the project related with initial situational gap analysis, change management, operation design procedures, overall project scoping and QA testing procedures
- Documented Test plans, Test Scenarios and conducted User Acceptance Testing sessions.
- Used Rational Clear Quest to manage the status of defect tracking during the testing phase.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the intranet with a specific group of users to identify the errors and determine the maximum possible load on the system.
Lead Business Analyst
- Conducted interviews and meetings with potential business and system personnel to gather their activities involving system (AS-IS understanding) across all the departments using RUP methodology
- Organized workshops, achieving consensus with the senior management and ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met
- Creating the additional templates and necessary formats like the Requirement Analysis and documentation template, the requirements traceability templates, Standard operating Procedures(SOPs) etc. to ensure that the project teams are equipped with all the relevant information without any ambiguity
- Documenting, modeling and analyzing the requirements of all the users as a basis for system design; documentation using data flow diagrams, user interface and use cases included functional and non-functional requirements
- Integration of new software’s with the existing ones, conduct s and build coordination amongst all the departments
- Worked alongside with software development team and the business teams (operations of mortgage, underwriting, claim settling, contract, marketing, finance); creation of standard templates for data collection using schemas and use cases
- Appreciated for performance and quality project delivery ahead of schedule along with providing excellent visibility through process analytics for the end users
Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in defining the scope of the project based on the gathered business requirements including documentation of constraints, assumptions, business impacts, project risks and scope exclusions.
- Interacted with business users and performed Gap Analysis.
- Responsible for coordinating JAD sessions with business users to analyze, gather and define the key performance indicators, document and present the requirements specifications.
- Served as liaison between service vendors and business units.
- Worked extensively with MS Project & MS- Visio to document requirements, create the process flow diagrams.
- Application optimization for enterprise resource - HR for departments of payroll, and employment history & records and Operations departments of consumer lending.
- Defined functional business requirements, analyzed client requirements, and generated workflow processes.
- Communicated with stakeholders, business units for the updates in order to complete the work in timely fashion.
- The new developments included making changes to the current procedures and create high quality of data.
- Involved with Data warehouse team and generated reports using Business Object.
- Managed requirements and wrote Use cases.
- Tagged requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Provided full project life cycle flowcharting, analysis and documentation.
- Provided business requirements status for reporting process of senior management
- Supported testing team in maintaining and documented computer programs that automate specific applications.
- Involved in UAT planning and execution.
- Created and presented High Level Testing Scenarios to business, development and other stakeholders
- Designed document for accounting system and relevant procedures for a major operating unit.
- Executed SQL Queries to check the data table updates after test execution.
- Performed the Back end testing by using SQL and verified the data integrity.
- Involved in creating User Interface (UI) and preparing layout for the system.
- Created the templates for test plan, test cases, process flow diagrams, etc.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Senior Business Analyst
- Made major contribution in the implementation of EDW Incremental (pull and load) that constitutes different modules like claims, providers, members, products for different source systems of which Amysis is primary source.
- Interacted with business users for better understanding of individual subject areas and modified specifications to reflect accurate user needs.
- Conducted JAD sessions with end user community ensuring that the software addressed all business needs and understanding of WAW program
- Implementation of 5 key aspects of HIPAA - Transactions, Identifiers, Codes, Privacy and Security, Non-Compliance issues and penalties.
- Involved in preparing the Methodology document for the HIPAA implementation.
- Understood the Technical specifications and developed functional design document for Extract Transformation and Loading process of EDW.
- Worked closely with team leads in process of standardizing job parameters, job flows, audit process and rollback strategies that hold major attention for the successful implementation of EDW Incremental.
- Successfully merged legacy data & Amysis in EDW
- Addressed production, UAT issues, proper action was taken accordingly based on priority and requirement.
- Worked closely with the UI team to model the screens, which met user, defined requirements and also company standards.
Senior Business Analyst
- Analyzed requirements modeled current business environment and produced cost effective redevelopment options for a system to capture property project details and calculate return on investment.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirements and converted them into User Requirement Specifications and Functional Requirement Specifications for the designers and developers to understand them as per their perspective.
- Documented functional problems.
- Extensively involved in contacting the Executive Management Senior Management Project leads and Project Managers in the process of discussing and resolving technical and functional problems.
- The project also involved in customer front-ending, updating their back-end system so as to facilitate the processing.
- Involved with teams for root cause analysis activities and data collection plans.
- Performed GAP analysis of AS IS and TO BE systems and modeled them for better understanding of the business process.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to identify business rules and requirements and documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro for managing the Requirement Analysis effort.
- Used Rational Rose to carry out the Business Use Case Modeling and Business Object Modeling effort to develop the business architecture for rapid and controlled application development.
- Created various types of UML Diagrams like Use Case Diagram, Activity Diagram, Class Diagram and Sequence Diagram to model the business use cases, business activities, business entities and business workflow and the interaction between them.
- Search for data discrepancies and escalate to other team members where necessary.
- Conducted meetings with users and other stakeholders to elicit, organize and document the requirements.
- Interacted with teams for troubleshooting break/fix of existing equipment installation of new equipment and software related issues
- Worked with business units to ensure organizational and team effectiveness and to help manage change initiatives
- Worked on the customized RUP Framework according to Wells Fargo standard operating procedures, involving iterations at each phase of the software life cycle.
- Verified the functional aspect as per the Business Process and validated the interfaces with the other systems and data conversion from the legacy system.
- Conducted meetings with ETL team in order to provide source-to-source staging data requirements/ definitions/ for mapping purposes.
- Enhanced the Test Cases by analyzing the Specification Documents.
- Tuned many SQL statements as part of De-Bugging
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases using Mercury Quality Center.
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes of credit cards and personal loans and gather business requirements.
- Facilitate team building brainstorming and root cause analysis meetings.
- Created business process workflow diagrams (Activity diagrams) in Rational Rose.
- Link business processes to organizational objectives, perform critical path analysis, and identify opportunities for business process improvement.
- Performed Feasibility Analysis and Risk Analysis on the application.
- Created Business Use-Case Model after accessing the status and scope of the project and understanding the business processes.
- Aided in the findings of functional problems while involved with development and production areas.
- Analyzed requirements for Compliance with existing Procedures and Regulations.
- Interacted with business units and development teams in order to complete the work in timely fashion
- Involved in mentioning functional problems to the teams.
- Product evaluation of LOB applications for HR, Marketing, sales
- Developed additional processing and data models that will be added to existing system.
- Integrated Requisite Pro with Clear Quest and Rose to provide all teams visibility and maintain tractability among requirements, use cases and change requests.
- Worked on Star Schema, data modeling, data elements.
- Research data discrepancies involving utilization of resources to clean data
- Performed Data Analysis of existing data through SQL.
- Also worked on the entire cycle from opening period to closing period in GL (General ledger).
- Led & conducted JAD sessions to identify the flows and processes involved in the content.
- Prepared project reports for management and others. Assisted project managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports.
- Used Crystal Reports to gather data and design reports based on the database Microsoft SQL Server.
- Changed the requirements and supported teams to meet the project deadlines according to the requirements of the carrier.
- Reported all software issues with help of testing team
- Created test plans and test scenarios and participated in user acceptance testing.
- Involved in UAT planning and execution.
- Involved in de-bugging of SQL statements.
- Assured that all Artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes