Sr. Business Analyst Resume
- Over 9 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the Finance industry in requirement gathering, analysis and business processes management with a strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in creating and analyzing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document and Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Leading JAD sessions to facilitate discussions of Requirements Scope, Priority, and Dependencies. Work with application Architects, Developers, Testing teams thereby coordinating efforts
- Experienced in performing Gap Analysis and SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure and server technology with new business requirements.
- Coordinating efforts within a team of Project Managers, reporting Actual costs, projecting Estimated forecasts, and evaluating reports on monthly basis.
- Adept in using MS office applications like MS Visio to draw UML diagrams like Activity, Sequence, Collaboration, Use case diagrams, Workflows, Data Flow Diagrams.
- Expertise in Equity Valuation, Quantitative Methods, Portfolio Management Theory and Applications.
- Profound knowledge in Options, Futures and Derivatives, expert in Corporate Finance, Budget Allocation and Forecasting and excellent understanding of Investment strategies & World trade markets.
- Dedicated & Self - motivated, proven leadership capabilities and time management skills. Proven track record of adding significant value while participating on project teams following a structured project management methodology.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirement.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others, initiate action and adapt to change
- Possess a strong work ethic, goal oriented, and experienced in group and project management.
- Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/8
- MS Office Suites
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Access
- MS Outlook
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- Test Director
- Crystal Reports
- Business Object
- Rational Requisite Pro
- UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2000 & 2005)
- Rational Rose
- Rational Clear Case
- Rational Clear Quest
- Crystal Reports (9i 11i)
- HP Quality Center
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Sr. Business Analyst
- Liaise with technical, project management, SME, client teams and other Business Analysts to assist in the development, testing and deployment of applications
- Gather, analyse and document requirements from business partners and subject matter experts using DOORs
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements
- Own and update the Project Definition Document (PDD) after kick-off, develop and present Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and ensure traceability of each requirement using RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix)
- Work with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes
- Develop Use case diagrams, Process flow diagrams, and Sequence diagrams based on the business and technical requirements using MS Visio and Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Perform extensive GAP and Workflow analysis for new functionality requirements as well as prioritize them based on actual business needs
- Create and manage project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships
- Assist the Project Manager in developing a detailed project plan using MS Project and follow through with the document approval process.
- Prepared specifications for system changes and developed systems test plan components and test scripts
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders.
- Provided timely and complete UAT testing of multiple websites and internet tools for sites and applications focused on financial markets
- Gathered requirements from Business Partners/SMEs.
- Provided technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements
- Conducted Impact and GAP analysis on the business requirement.
- Created a new workflow to accommodate the new Federal credit card regulation related to fee, over limit and over limit fee.
- Created a workflow for suspending and un-suspending DDA numbers directly from the customer care advisor screen to facilitate the credit card payments.
- Conducted reverse engineering of the existing vendor system (OBTM) and developed the solution in-house for better integration with existing chase systems.
- Modified existing workflow to accommodate change request from the client.
- Updated Impact and Trace Matrix.
- Using information gathered from the stakeholders; produced various artifacts such as use-case specifications, software requirements specifications, screen mock-ups, workflow, Functional. Specification Documents, use case/diagrams and activity diagrams as per JPMC SDLC methodology
- Maintained ongoing communication with back-end developers ensuring that modifications and requirements were addressed in a time manner and monitored all revisions.
- Participated in functional and technical reviews.
- Worked with QA team to design test strategy and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Worked with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, and recommend changes
- Performed multiple testing assignments simultaneously and communicated with multiple LOBs to coordinate testing constructively
- Obtained a detailed knowledge of business process involved in the project environment.
- Extracted the business requirements for the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and developed the BRDs
- Established Business Analysis methodology using Agile Extreme Programming to create Architecture and Interaction models.
- Interacted with numerous internal groups and formed productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across the organization.
- Used business process modeling techniques for reengineering.
- Conducted Gap Analysis to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system.
- Generated reports using business objects.
- Extensively involved in JAD sessions to converge early towards a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers.
- Involved in the back office operations using data from Bloomberg.
- Generated advanced reports related company’s performance that would help the business users in managing their portfolio.
- Helped the business users in portfolio management by giving additional information such as; beta value, target price and performance charts for the last five years.
- Created artifacts and defined milestones and iterations plan for inception and elaboration phases.
- Assisted in testing the application whether all the user requirements were catered to by the application.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application for intended users.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
- Facilitated Kick-off meeting with all major stake holders including the Director, SMEs and Project Manager.
- Gathered and documented business, functional and technical requirements in the form of detailed business processes from Confidential SMEs through surveys, open house meetings, direct interviews and JAD sessions.
- Responsible for preparation of RD.050, BP.080 and BR.100 documents.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Identified effort related to automating interfaces & linkage to the legacy systems and determined if competitive replacement exist from Oracle products.
- Developed Use case diagrams, Process flow diagrams, and Sequence diagrams based on the business and technical requirements using MS Visio.
- Analyzed existing legacy systems/applications within all divisions.
- Elicited requirement for replacement of legacy systems through Oracle ERP/Apps Modules including Oracle Financials (AP, AR, GL, CM and FA), Human Resource, Public Sector Budgeting, iSupplier, iSupport and iProcurement.
- Used detailed knowledge of application features and functions, assessed scope and impact of business needs throughout analysis and completion of all specifications.
- Worked as a liaison between developers and users.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
- Served as a liaison between the business team, project team by assisting the business team in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs. Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Created UML Diagrams like Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process flow diagrams to elaborate the new processes using Rational Rose.
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observations of account managers and UI (User Interface) of the existing Broker Portal system.
- Built and maintained market financial analysis models.
- Conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements that were included while developing the software.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Cases and Test Plans.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME (Subject Matter Expertise), vendors, users and other stakeholders to develop specifications.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were submitted to project manager on a weekly basis.
- Wrote Test Cases and developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes