- Certified Business Analyst with experience in supporting enterprise with strong experience in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Hospital systems.
- Allocated resources from SME groups, coordinated interactions with customers and users for Problem Analysis, identifying business risks and rules, and documenting business requirements.
- Excellent Business writing skills in writing Business requirements document BRD's , Use Case specifications, Functional Specifications, Test cases, Test plans, GAP analysis, Traceability Matrix, Workflows and Unified Modeling Language UML diagrams such as Activity diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Class diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for Requirement Analysis, Risk analysis, adaptability and Feasibility Studies with various stakeholders to identify business critical and high-risk areas of the application.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and HIPAA regulations for Healthcare clients and Wealth Management, online banking for Financial Clients.
- Proficient in data warehouse, database concepts and methodologies.
- Expertise in Sig Sigma process for business process improvements.
- Extensive experience with Informatica to extract, analyze data from different types of sources and load to oracle database.
- Experienced in designing and developing project document templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Used MS Project for project management and scheduling the deadlines of the project.
- Knowledge of full life cycle implementation in building a Data Warehouse.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading process, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solutions.
- Out of the box analytical thinker and forward-looking leader. Assembled and managed project teams to complete initiatives on time within budget.
- Business systems analysis and project management, SDLC, BRD's, UML diagrams, JAD Sessions, RUP, UML/Use Cases, and PMM
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst/Data Analyst for data warehousing projects for large organizations.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to share the team vision and achieve goals under deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ability to articulate alternative solutions and reasoning behind the alternatives.
- Able to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, programmers, and technical staff at all levels.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/NT, UNIX
Databases Tools: MS SQL Server 2000, Teradata, Toad and Oracle 9i, ERWIN 7
Languages: SQL, UML
Internet Technologies: HTML, XML and HTTP concepts Software: MS Project, IBM Lotus Notes, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio and MS Excel Quality Management: Quick Test Professional, Test Director and Bugzilla
UML Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, MS Visio and Clear Quest
Sr. BUSINESS ANALYST
- Engaged business stakeholders and end users in the definition of business process improvement and system needs.
- Handled requests for proposals, making presentations to top management, and estimating project timelines and deliverables.
- A major part of the responsibility included interacting with the users and business relationship managers and implementing changes and enhancements.
- Implemented SDLC which included Requirements, Specifications, Design, Analysis and Testing utilizing RUP methodology.
- Worked on Electronic Medical Records EMR and HL7 interface.
- Worked on various providers and Hospitals for supporting the application and troubleshooting the application.
- Implemented HIPAA compliant security through out the processes.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Medical Claims experience in Process Documentation, Analysis and Implementations in 835/837, 270, 276/277processes or Medical Claims Industry from the Provider/Payer side
- Established questionnaires and resource leveling required for implementing HIPAA 5010 and upgrading ICD-9 diagnosis codes to ICD-10 codes.
- Worked on Implementation of HIPAA 4010 and 5010 / ICD 10, version for all EDI transactions.
- Produced Gap Analysis documents for HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10.
- Functional analysis for the 835 transaction implementation for HIPAA 5010 including HIPAA validation and trading partner management
- Developed an implementation guide for Partners for EDI X12 transactions such as 834, 835,837,270 and 271
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and needs and ensured that critical requirements are met.
- Created UML diagrams such as activity diagrams, Use Cases, State diagrams and requirement documents using Visio.
- Extensively interacted with SME's, Business users and Stakeholders in the process of requirement gathering and writing the use cases.
- Create detailed product requirements documents by conducting user interviews.
- Work closely with development, marketing and business leads to launch product.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on time and within budget.
- Prepare Status reports and modify schedules, as required keeping management, clients and others informed of project status.
Environment: Rational Products for Content Management, Apache, Oracle, IBM DB2 V8.1, TOAD, EDI, Quality Center, MS Visio, Windows XP/2000, Sun Solaris.
- Gathering and analyzing Business requirements to integrate Customer Global Marketing database.
- Responsible for gathering requirements and functional specifications for diverse marketing tools. Customer Segmentation, Lead scoring, Campaign performance
- Analyzed Business Requirements, and segregated them into high level and low level Use Cases based on the project scope and followed the RUP methodology
- Implemented the entire Rational Unified Process RUP methodology of application development with its various workflows, artifacts and activities.
- Conducted the Functional Requirements and User Requirements Specification reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders and created UML diagrams for each process.
- Prepared a package of Process Flow diagrams to document the existing system and used UML notations for Object Oriented Design and Documentation
- Worked on upgrading of the current LIMS Laboratory Information Management System in order to accommodate purchasing and supply regulatory requirements and an increase in the number of users.
- Working on the development of the Environmental Monitoring Program in LIMS. Analyze specifications, design logic and write code for customization of the software using LIMS Basic and SQL.
- Involved in designing and developing workflow diagrams for different modules using MS Visio
- Responsible for identifying gaps in the software between core functionality and user defined requirements
- Provided estimates to Project Manager on Change Requests for Analysis, Development and Testing
- Manual testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL
- Coordinated with Business Users and Development team for setting up Test Environment, Test Data and Backend Interfaces.
- Extensive use of Sig Sigma procedures for Process Improvement.
- Assist and guide project teams to implement and document standards, procedures, artifacts, and plans consistent with QA and Test deliverables for the project team
- Mentored QA Team by looking into different technical problems with development and helped them prioritize testing tasks
- Tracked defects using Test Director Tool. Analyzed test progress and send weekly progress reports to the Project Manager
- Actively trained Business Users involved in User Acceptance Testing UAT and helped them understand UAT procedure
ENVIRONMENT: MS Visio, test director, Toad, SQL, Rational Rose Suit.
BUSINESS ANALYST/QA ANALYST
- Gathered and documented business requirements by conducting sessions with clients/users
- Utilized Requisite Pro for preparing the Business requirements document.
- Wrote use cases and functional specifications to enable design and solution
- Created WBS and negotiated Triple Constraints.
- Worked with internal users for bug management and bug triaging.
- Created data models and business process models using Rational Rose. Followed top down technique for building the Business Process Models.
- Developed test cases, test scripts and test plan and executed the test cases.
- Interacted with Business Users to generate and review business test cases to upgrade User Interface system.
- Extensively worked to develop Mapping, Business Rules design and testing of EDI 837 Health Care Claims Transaction , 997 Functional Acknowledgment , 277 Unsolicited Claim Status , 835 Remittance Advice for both Institutional and Professional claim.
- Documented the process flow Business Use Case for the EDI transaction 835, 837 tagged them in IBM RequisitePro
- Performed Analysis to check if EDI Type trees for transaction sets 834, 837, 835 are HIPAA Complaint.
- Provide support to developers, and executives in building and managing project plans using Clarity PM and Project Workbench.
- Performed extensive data modelling to differentiate between the OLTP and Data Warehouse data models
- Wrote SQL queries in TOAD, SQL plus Oracle for result validation.
- Used Visa simulator like VTS, MasterCard simulator like MCAS and MCPS
- Created use cases, activity diagrams, state chart diagrams, sequence diagrams, and collaboration diagrams using Rational Rose to clearly define the data process model, and the business process model for wealth management application.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other, resolve any issues, and come to an agreement quickly.
- Established Incident Reporting Change Control procedures using Clear Quest.
- Coordinated installation of Informatica repositories and Informatica servers.
- Validated technical designs created by developers against functional specifications.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project educated clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project.
ENVIRONMENT: Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, CRM, MS-Excel, MS-Access, Microsoft Project, Oracle, UNIX, SQL Plus 8.0 Mercury Suite for testing.
BUSINESS ANALYST/QA ANALYST
- Use Case Modeling using Rational Unified Process RUP for preparing Functional Requirements documents.
- Assisting the business team in Business Case Modeling
- Giving project sizing for various releases of the project to senior management.
- Worked on EHR and EPIC systems including report writing using crystal reports.
- Building good Configuration management practices like having an automated nightly regression build using Quick Test Professional.
- Worked on testing the application according to business requirements including creating test cases, test strategies and execution using test director.
- Creating PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review
- Performed SWOT and GAP analysis for new functionality requirements as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and conducted peer review meetings periodically to keep track of projects milestones.
- Identified opportunities to use customer data to develop customer strategies and improve business performance.
- Assisted the project manager in preparing the project schedules, milestone tracking, and resource allocation using MS Project.
ENVIRONMENT: Web Logic 8.1, IBM DB2 V8.1, Sun One iPlanet Web server, Struts, Java, J2EE, XML, EPIC, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, MS Access, Rational Rose Enterprise.