PROFILE SUMMARY CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- 13 years of Information Technology IT experience working on high-profile projects across large-scale corporate and governmental platforms with a proven track record of managing, leading, and coordinatingprojects in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Experience with performing vendor elevations, vendor selection process, and vendor relationship management.
- Experience working with IT methodologies such as: Waterfall and Agile/Scrum.
- Experience operating in a fast-paced agility application development environment ensuring successful and timely completion of projects and IT compliance audit.
- Experience coordinating the management of internal and external systems/application development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Experience working on and/or managing mid-size infrastructure projects that includes new functionality, new platform or major enhancements.
- Experience facilitating meetings both in person and via Web-Ex conferencing.
- Experience and knowledge in all phases of the Project Management Life Cycle PMLC .
- Experience working within the State Government and Regulatory Compliance sector.
- Experience working on projects where COTS applications are incorporated into Business Integrated Systems.
- Experience directing and managing solution designs and delivery for application development and government regulatory compliance projects.
- Experience operating as a Subject Matter Expert SME helping organizations define and reengineer business processes, identify bottlenecks and gaps in business processes and modeling.
- Experience working in an Agile and Waterfall development environment.
- Experience working in multi-vendor environment and managing vendor implementations.
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements and writing high-level requirements specifications in accordance to compliance, standards and policies.
- Experience using Gap Analysis to gain a clear understanding of the AS-IS process of the system in order to understand the potential TO-BE process.
- Understands of PMI concepts, have the ability to coordinate and schedule multiple projects using MS Project and SharePoint technologies.
- Understands and maintains awareness and knowledge of market trends in technology architecture including hardware and software based solutions.
- Strong strategic and business acumen having the ability to work effectively and efficiently multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Solid leadership, collaboration, and team building skills in a matrix environment.
- Global thinker, strategic, self-motivated, and highly committed to exceeding expectations.
- Project Management: SharePoint, Microsoft Word, Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
- Tools/Technologies: UML, RUP, and Rational Requisite Pro
- Operating Systems: Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7/8
- Business Process Modeling: MS Visio and Action Workflow
- Databases: MS Access and SQL Server 2000/2005
- Testing Tools: Bugzilla, Quick Test Pro, and Redmine Defect Tracking tools
- Reporting Tools: Cognos 8.0/7.1 and Crystal Reports
- Methodologies/Process: Waterfall, RUP, and Agile Methodologies
- Produced detailed and comprehensive user requirements that accurately reflected the needs of the business in terms of features and functionality.
- Responsible for mapping current state business processes for future state process improvemen
- Conducted stage exit and deliverable walkthroughs with process owners.
- Analyzed, validated, and documented existing operational business processes.
- Worked alongside 'C'level staff to understand operations, and determine key business processes for sprint 1 requirements, worked with the business SMEs to understand and document current state business processes.
- Communicated current project status information to the Scrum Master, project sponsor, management and product owner.
Sr. Business Analyst/Project ManagementAccomplishments
- Represented the Information Technology Portfolio and Business Partners in prioritizing, analyzing, documenting and identifying areas for improving business processes.
- Responsibilities include facilitating JAD sessions with end users and the development team, telecommunication team, F5 team, network infrastructure team to discuss infrastructure changes to the TFC and MARVIN IVR systems.
- Obtained end user sign off on all application designs. This involved walking end users through the detailed design documents of new applications to ensure that all business requirements and functionality were met before actual coding began.
- Facilitated meetings both in person and via Web-Ex conferencing.
- Created, updated, and reviewed test plans for testing application systems.
- Served as the SME between the customer community and the software development team.
- Participated in quality assurance and user acceptance testing by writing test scenarios for both the claims filing and certification business processes, writing test scripts, and executed test cases in order to verify and validate the application functions as per the technical design.
- Ensured testing was completed and testing risks were identified prior to implementation.
- Reviewed/verified functional and system requirements and ensured project deliverables adhered to QA criteria and conformed with the requirements prior to deployment.
- Completed weekly status reports and reported on project status updates to the Project Control Office PCO executive management team inclusive of the PowerPoint presentations and 4-Up reports for
- bi-weekly reporting to the State's Executive Management team.
- Reviewed all project deliverables before submission to the SOM leadership team prior to sign-off.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Ensured system/solution and related change management initiatives properly aligned with the business objectives and solution requirements.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the business and technical team to ensure deliverables properly aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Planned, directed, and coordinated activities for a cross functional team of IT database administers, architects, application developers, and network administrators.
- Escalated issues to the appropriate technical lead and obtained timely signoffs on related action items.
- Articulated and analyzed technical design and business specification documents.
- Participated in business requirements definition and design sessions and provided input on preexisting system architecture.
- Assisted in system rollout and deployment activities.
Sr. Business Analyst/Accomplishments
- Worked with PNC senior management team to discuss Basel II and OCC regulatory requirements.
- Facilitated Risk Control Self-Assessment RCSA Consensus meetings in order to drive out key controls, inherent risks, residual risks, and self-identified issues gaps within processes in order to meet the OCC and Basel II requirements.
- Lead a cross-functional Junior Business Analysts in identifying, analyzing, and documenting business processes and procedures, mapping processes/procedures to functional areas and writing Policies and Procedures for current state processes in order to comply
- Reviewed customer documentation and organized requirements to determine the scope of work required.
- Key participant in sessions with business partners to schedule and implement various application development projects.
- Ensured accurate and complete documentation of team processes and procedures and quality internal and external team communications.
- Supported project management of short and long-term team deliverables.
- Identified key risks and key controls in business processes, identify gaps in processes in order to meet Basel II Capital Accord and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency OCC requirements.
- Conferred with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems and analyzing processes, losses, and risk exposure.
- Assisted with identifying and measuring operational risks and performance.
- Negotiated contract with software vender, resulting in a 600K year net savings.
- Managed an IT capital budget of 2M.
- Decreased office operational cost by 10K.
- Communicated project expectations to the Project Team and stakeholders in an efficient and effective manner.
- Tracked and communicate project status of project milestones on a consistent basis
- Conducted regular project status meetings and published meeting minutes on the SharePoint portal.
- Created/reviewed/updated Statement of Work SOW contracts.
- Identified project risks and issues and developed mitigation plans.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and develop contingency plans.
- Participated in networking, industry tradeshows/conference events to help promote ERSA Group presence and brand in the market and keep abreast of the latest technology trends and development.
- Obtained signoff from concerned stakeholders at key milestones for timely execution.
- Ensured attainment of all client requirements and project deliverables.
- Performed market and technology research and gathered key business intelligence in order to expand territories.
EDGAR Operations Manager
- Standardized financials for the United States Security Exchange Commission SEC for public view via the Internet.
- Collaborated with clients from inception to completion on all SEC mandates.
- Performed quality control checks on converted documents.
- Created pdf files for proofing using Bowne's plug-in software.