- Overall 7 years of experience with implementation and integration strategies within a team oriented environment, utilizing quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge in Wealth Management, Private Banking and Investment Banking.
- Good understanding of financial domain knowledge like Financial Statement Analysis, Asset Liability Management, Stock and Bond, Equity, Derivatives , Mutual Fund, Portfolio management, Insurance and Underwriting process, Life and Annuity, Product and Client Management systems.
- Extensive experience in Gathering and Analyzing Requirements, modeling Business Process Flows, Business Requirements Document BRD , Use case Specifications and Functional Requirements Specification FRS .
- Adept in creating Narrative Use Cases, Use Case diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Flow Diagrams and other related UML diagrams. Extensive knowledge experience using of Visio and Sybase Power Designer.
- Adept in Developing Wire Frames and Mock up Screens using MS Visio and working with Crystal Reports.
- Involved in conducting GAP Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis and TOWS matrix.
- Strong Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing UAT and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and assisting in Test Scripts
- Identify issues, managing risks and plan to mitigate the risks with management team. Ability to formulate and implement recommendations/solutions.
- Adept in working on Agile methodologies and use user stories for project life cycle.
- Ability to manage Multiple project tasks with changing priorities, preparing project plans and Work breakdown structure. Experience working with MS Project.
- Good Knowledge of Business Fundamentals, Financial Analysis, Business Forecasting, activity based costing, Enterprise Resource Planning ERP , Customer Relationship Management CRM , Cost Estimation, User Acceptance Testing, Functional, Non-Functional and Business Rules.
- Excellent Skills in Performance Management to support strategic planning, goal setting, strengthen accountability, enhance decision making, and improve customer service.
- Hardworking, dedicated and motivating person capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive team environments and with integrative thinking skills.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills. Interacted regularly with the Business Users, development team, subject matter experts and senior management.
Methodologies SDLC, Agile, Rational RUP, OOAD, Waterfall, Scrum
Business Modeling Tools UML, MS Visio, Power designer, Rational Rose, Crystal reports
Operating System Windows 2010, Windows XP/2000 ,Vista, UNIX
OS/Platforms Unix HP, SCO, Solaris 2.0 , Windows 9X/NT/2000/XP
Programming Languages C, C , Java, .net, SQL
Applications MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS-Project, MS Power Point, Outlook
Project management tools Microsoft Project 2007
Tracking tools Caliber RM, HP Quality Center 9.0,10.0, CA Unicenter
Accounting tools Quick books, Peachtree
- Worked as a business analyst to build enterprise reporting system to support risk analysis, securities and their valuation, asset management- risks and returns, bond pricing, analyzing financial statements, cash flow etc., financing structures, capital management, portfolio analysis, stock valuation
- Defined program and project goals, objectives, products, services, constraints, assumptions, risks and facilitated processes by working with the project team, sponsor, and stakeholders to baseline the scope of the work and enable development of the plan.
- Implemented the full project life cycle phases including requirements gatherings, development and quality assurance.
- Conducted user interviews at both in-house and client locations for requirement elicitation.
- Monitored and assisted in designing and development of Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes requirements and Use Case scenarios.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Assisted with UAT User Acceptance Testing , developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Designed and developed all Use Cases and UML models using RUP.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Extensively worked on Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL, MS Project
- Designed workflow of the existing SWEEP process and Money Market transactions for Retail accounts, High Net Worth Institutional , Prime Brokerage accounts.
- Performed the Analysis Design workflow for same- day/ next-day/ zero day trade settlement systems by following the Rational Unified Process RUP including modeling the pre-defined business requirements with Rational Rose/XDE to document Business Use Cases, System Use Cases and create Process Scenarios.
- Performed as the main Point of Contact POC in a broker- dealer environment with the Outside Money Market Vendors to discuss requirements and facilitate the technical compliance required on their end.
- Conducted detailed Requirement and Gap Analysis interacting with business users, understanding their business processes, understanding their current IT architecture.
- Developed an Implementation Business Requirement Document identifying the constraints in the existing architecture and suggested solutions to overcome constraints.
- Conducted one to one sessions with subject matter experts to understand the current transaction system, then analyze and document the future transaction processing system.
- Used MS Project for the requirement management
- Involved in designing Use Case diagram, Activity diagram, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams using UML modeling tool Rational Rose and documented the requirements using Business Requirement Document BRD
- Worked with in-house construction team to finish the second and third iteration of Rational Unified Process RUP .
- Tracked and identified project issues and obtained resolutions by understanding the business needs and risks and defining the out of scope requirements
- Assisted the testing team in authoring test plan and involved in writing manual test scripts for the Internet banking application
- Worked with the testing team to create automated test scripts using QTP for running different Internet banking transactions.
- Analyzed requirements model current business environment and produced cost effective redevelopment options for a system to capture property project details and calculate return on investment.
- Gathered and analyzed the requirements and converted them into User Requirement Specifications and Functional Requirement Specifications FRS for the designers and developers to understand them as per their perspective.
- Extensively involved in contacting the Executive Management Senior Management Project leads and Project Managers in the process of discussing and resolving technical and functional problems.
- Involved with teams for root cause analysis activities and data collection plans.
- Performed GAP analysis of AS IS and TO BE systems and modeled them for better understanding of the business process.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development JAD sessions to identify business rules and requirements and documented them in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro for managing the Requirement Analysis.
- Used Rational Rose to carry out the Business Use Case Modeling and Business Object Modeling effort to develop the business architecture for rapid and controlled application development.
- Conducted meetings with users and other stakeholders to elicit, organize and document the requirements.
- Interacted with teams for troubleshooting break/fix of existing equipment and software related issues and installation of new equipment.
- Worked with business units to ensure organizational and team effectiveness and to help manage change initiatives.
- Enhanced the Test Cases by analyzing the Specification Documents.
- Created Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases using HP Quality Center.
- Worked on on-shore/off-shore model. Coordinated with the off-shore testing team to ensure smooth functioning of the team.