- Up to 7 years of experience in the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC process, including Requirements, Specifications Analysis/Design, and Testing.
- Adept in team management, problem-solving skills, conflict management skills, people management skills and excellent knowledge of soft skills, writing skills and oral communication.
- Highly experienced in leading and satisfying business needs with different groups within different levels of management in the company.
- Recognized as a hands-on, pro-active troubleshooter, who can rapidly identify business problems, formulate strategic plans, initiate change and assist to implement new process in challenging and diverse environments.
- Creative and aggressive self-starter with integrative thinking skills, capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships.
- Strong at interviewing Subject Matter Experts SME , asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Experience in conducting Joint Application Development JAD sessions.
- Analysis, Creation, and Review of Functional and Business Requirement Documents.
- Expert at gathering Business and Technical requirements to best fit the needs of the technical architecture development process.
- Ability to manage cross-functionally distributed teams and effectively dealt with business and technology issues at strategic and tactical levels.
- Adaptive to new and changing environments and a quick learner of new technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project, to prepare Test Plans and deliverable timelines.
- Experienced in UML modeling, including Use Cases, Sequence, State and Activity diagrams using tools such as Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Extensively used MS Project in coordinating activities with project manager and various other teams.
- Used Rational Clear Quest for defect tracking and prioritizing defects and for enhancements after base lining the requirements.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills always willing to work in challenging and cross-platform environments.
Skillset: RUP, RAD, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Project Console, Rational SODA, Rational Rose, MS Visio 2000, MS Office, MS Access, MS Excel, Adobe Photoshop, SQL, ERwin, and BMC Remedy.
Confidential is one of the largest life insurance companies that offer life insurance, auto and home insurance, retail banking and other financial services to individuals, as well as group insurance, reinsurance and retirement savings products and services to corporations and other institutions. The scope of the project was to automate the transmission of daily derivatives trade files including account transactions from the IDEAS application and account positions from the MUREX trading system to State
- Gathered requirements from MetLife's derivative products specialist and responsible for creating and reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules, and documentation
- Facilitated JAD sessions to organize and understand requirements and functional specifications, develop use cases and prepare use case specification document
- Added, modified and updated user manuals according to the current version of the application so that end users have the latest, accurate and thorough information about the new functionalities of the system
- Designed and executed test plans and test cases for the application in the maintenance environment, track defects and resolve them to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are tested and fulfilled as per client's requirements
- Tested the new versions of the application and run the tests to ensure that the application meets the requirements and specific release estimates
- Prepared documents, modified and updated regression test scripts according to the current version of the application
- Used MS Sharepoint extensively to share documents and collaborate with team members
- Participated in bug-review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, help desk team members, supervisor, and project manager as well as suggest enhancements to the current version of the application
- Participated in User Acceptance Test UAT following the completion of the system testing
- Prepared documentation to provide help and support to the help desk team
Environment: MS Sharepoint, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, Rational Rose, TSQL, MS SQL Server 2012, ERwin, Snagit
Confidential is the corporate and investment banking division of Confidential. It provides services in mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, lending, trading, risk management, research, and liquidity and payments management. The project was part of the Cash and Collateral Management CCM group, and aimed to create a client portal which enabled cleared OTC clients to view cash, non-cash collateral, margin requirements along with providing them the ability to pledge and withdraw collateral, subject to various concentration limits portfolio, sector, asset, etc.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC methodology.
- Developed strategic partnerships with business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line including the business plan, products, process, and revenue streams.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed and managed requirements using Rational Requisite pro.
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design, and configuration set-up.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Designed and developed use cases, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams using UML.
- Implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and data validation.
- Collaborated with the development architect and the business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Assisted the project manager in setting realistic project expectations, evaluating the impact of changes on the organization, and conducting project related presentations.
- Assisted with user testing, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Created user documentation and conducted training classes regarding the functionalities of the portal.
- Analyzed research on operational procedures and methods and recommended changes for improvement with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
Environment: ORACLE 8.0, Win Runner and Test Director, PL/SQL, DHTML, MS Word, SQL, Rational Rose, Rational ClearQuest, Rational Requisite Pro
Confidential is one of the largest banks in the Midwest that provide personal and commercial banking products and solutions. After taking over Confidential Harris Bank has become the ninth largest financial institution in the United States. The scope of the project was to convert and merge the Loan Originating Systems and Asset Portfolio Management Systems of both banks. About twenty eight thousand customers were converted automatically and approximately two hundred and twenty were converted manually. After the conversion the legacy system will be retired and the new system will take over the older system.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SME's from various business areas and managed conflict resolution at various levels.
- Worked on the business requirements document according to the specification of SMEs and created the appropriate documentation needed for the project
- Played a key role in three different mock conversions and managed the implementation of the real conversion.
- Conducted various presentations and briefings to demonstrate the ability and progress of the team with the PM.
- Used methods like spot checks and Field to Field F2F validations to validate the data.
- Worked extensively with the business to facilitate the UAT effort.
- Worked with the technical team to develop test plans, test cases and write test scripts.
- Loggged in and assigned defects in the Quality Center and followed up on them for resolutions/fixes.
Environment: Windows XP, MS Access, SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, HP Quality Center, MS Project, MS SQL Server 2008
The Confidential is a nationally known provider of 401k plans, mutual funds, retirement plans, investments, life insurance and health insurance. It offers businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial and insurance services. As a Business Analyst, I worked on an insurance maintenance project, known as 'Project Accelerate' for the Specialty Benefit Division SBD IT group.
- Actively participated in Joint Application Requirements JAR session for three software applications.
- Used Requisite Pro for capturing, and managing business requirements.
- Created business requirements and use cases for Dental, Extended Grace Period, and Suppress Benefit Amounts on Billing Output application.
- Created business process analysis and modeling using IBM Web-sphere Business Modeler.
- Assisted in data analysis across multiple, disparate data sources, used pivot tables for cross tabulation.
- Created business rules requirements, which were to be implemented as business rules within WebSphere container, invoked via Web Services.
- Created timeline for different grace periods 45, 60, 90 and 120 days and claims in Microsoft Visio and documented them accordingly.
- Used WebEx software to give desktop presentations to remote team members.
- Requirement gaps were found and analyzed.
- Used Rational Clear Quest as our bug reporting and defect-tracking tool.
- Functional use cases were mapped thoroughly to its Business process in the requirement document.
Environment: Microsoft Visio, Requisite Pro, SnagIt, UML, IBM Web-sphere Business Modeler, WebEx, UML, MicroStrategy, Rational Clear Quest, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, SQL, Windows XP, MS SQL Server 2008
Confidential which conducted banking and insurance activities, primarily serving the northeastern area of the United States, headquartered in Portland, Maine. I worked for the Loan Agency and Trading Technology Team as a Business Analyst. The scope of the project was to create an internal application used to track services provided by the Loan Agency and Trading teams.
- Participated in user interviews with stakeholders and end users to determine business requirements and needs, and designed and conducted survey among different market end users.
- Created and reviewed business requirements documents underwriting, price request service, rate lock/option notification service, loan delivery service, credit report service, eligibility service, property assessment lookup request service, case file ID request service .
- Conducted user interviews with mortgage servicing departments, gathering requirements, and analyzed the requirements.
- Created and reviewed functional specifications and test plans documents that supported the overall objective through meetings with Business Area Managers and other stakeholders.
- Worked with Mortgage Risk Managers to develop a risk model taking into consideration the type of property, condition of property and Account holder's history.
- Generated sequence diagrams using Visio with solid understanding of trade process including Trade Initiation, Verification, Execution, Settlement, and Booking
- Assisted in testing for the new user interface, documented test results, and conducted UAT, documented user feedbacks and recommended future improvements to the management teams.