- Strong Project Management skills overseeing projects from Conception through Implementation, able to create detailed Project Plans which include Scope, Costing Estimations, Schedule, Resource Requirements, Milestones etc., efficient Risk Management including identifying, mitigating and handling Risks, Status Reporting.
- Production Support and Customer Liaison and Training.
- Effective interfacing with all levels of the Client Community and Management, External Vendors, On-site Co-ordination, demonstrated ability to consistently meet Deadlines Project Goals in a fast paced rapidly changing environments and able to Manage Multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight schedules.
- Knowledgeable about diversified and cross-functional domains/industries such as Banking, Insurance, Healthcare, Retail, Utilities.
- Design, Business Objects, SharePoint, Crawford technology, Silk Central defect tracking system, CCMS, KoVIS, eCrop, Microsoft CRM.
- Unified Process RUP , Rational Rose, Clear Quest, Databases, Object Oriented
- Worked with MS Visio, MS Project, Agile, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational
- Improvement BPI and Business Process Reengineering BPR .
- Enterprise Content Management ECM , Change Managements, Business Process
- Process Management BPM , Gap and Risk Analysis, conducting JAD sessions,
- Efficient in managing Business, System Functional Requirements, Business
- 9 years of experience in the IT industry in all the stages of SDLC including
- Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Architecture, Development, Integration,
- Implementation, Project coordination and management, Enhancement, Testing,
- Ability to understand, analyze and design business processes and work flows with the objective of providing recommendations for the best use of technology for improvement.
- Well experienced in creating Test Plans, Detailed Test workbooks DTW , executing System and functional testing, Integration testing, conducting User Acceptance Testing UAT , playing role of Test coordinator and User Training.
- Well versed with Business/System Use Cases, Work flows, Data Modeling, Process/Data Flow Diagrams, Use Case Inventories, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams Activity Diagrams and Entity Relationship Diagrams.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Sincere, well-organized, quick learner, self-motivated, team player and achiever.
- Experienced in Project vendor management and testing coordination.
- Requirements Elicitation, Business Modeling Process flows, End-to-End mapping,
- Design Technical Specifications, Data Mapping, Architectural diagrams reviews.
- Project Management, Project co-ordination, Vendor contracts, Project Status Reports,
- Estimate documentation, Approval Signoffs and Milestone tracking.
- Customer Liaison, Production Support, Project Product Presentation to customers.
- Requirements Management Tools: Rational Requisite Pro
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, TOAD
- Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/2k/NT/XP
- Scripting Languages: HTML, VB Script, XML
- Languages: SQL, C, C , Java, UML
- Change Management Tools: Rational ClearQuest, Rational ClearCase, Test Track Pro
- Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, MS Office Suite
- Web Technologies: ASP.NET, SharePoint, Crawford software, Business Objects, WebSphere, Blue2, Business Objects, CCMS, Compass, SilkCentral, Gtechnology, ECM,
- Visual SourceSafe.
Position: Sr. Business Systems Analyst/ Project Manager
Working on multiple projects for the Sales and Marketing team. Working on a consumer transparency with the vendor HealthSparq to implement the Treatment cost and estimator tool along with Provider Finder functionality.
- Coordinating with Wellmark and HealthSparq teams on the GAP analysis between Wellmark's current Provider Finder and Cost estimator and HealthSparq's tool.
- Met regularly with the different stakeholders to give updates on the development status of the features of the new cost estimation tool and resource and timeline forecasting.
- Responsible for Status reports, weekly team meetings, coordinating meetings with the vendor and weekly updates to the business owner and higher management.
- Documented pictorial representations of the features provided by the new vendor tool to get business approval and NCQA approval.
- Gathered specific business requirements and communicated to the vendor.
- Involved in the preparation of contracts for other vendors responsible for grouping the claims data and for contracts with the Association.
- Involved in researching the claims data that need to be grouped for HealthSparq to utilize this data.
- Worked on the integrating the Wellmark mobile app to Healtsparq's cost estimator tool.
- Involved with legal and Marketing and Communication for advertising this new tool on Wellmark's member portal to the large groups.
- Acted as the Business analyst and Project Manager for this project.
Working on multiple projects for the Sales and Marketing team. Worked on the Under 65 premium change projects for Wellmark and also responsible to help Marketing and Communication and Product with member communication and creating business process for Customer Service and Membership. Also worked on the Sales CRM project for small, large and individual market groups.
- Responsible for gathering requirements and documenting all the current and future business process flows.
- In regular touch with the SAS developers and HP to document the new process and perform GAP analysis.
- Meeting with Technical leads to create technical specifications for the changes to the various applications impacted.
- Working with Marketing and Communications to proof the premium change letters and all forms of communications to the Member and Agent.
- Working with Product to understand the new vendor product, which will be used to display all the Wellmark products for agents and members.
- In touch with Analytics to get Agent related information corresponding with the members.
- Created timeline, project status reports, resource requests and other project related documents.
- Working with the business to change current business process flows and desk level procedures for Customer service and Membership.
- Involved in creating training documentations for the various groups who will use CRM.
- Trained the groups on workflows, features, security and installation.
Environment: MS Visio, SQL, MS Project, DB2, MS office, SharePoint, Microsoft CRM.
Position: Data Analyst /Project Controller
Working in the Data Governance team and part of the effort to cleanse the Data Glossary and work with Data Provisioning to understand data and map the source and target systems and facilitating Enterprise Definition meetings to define elements.
- Responsible for facilitating Enterprise definition meetings with Life and Annuity SME's and project Business Analysts.
- In regular touch with the Data Stewards for approvals and element maturity definition.
- Created workflows and meeting requests for the Data Governance SharePoint calendar.
- Work with Data Provisioning team to get information to support element definition.
- Regularly use SQL Server and Access databases to access tables and elements that need to be enterprise defined.
- Responsible for maintaining the Access database, creating and updating macros.
- Maintain the SharePoint calendar, Change management process, Business and Technical glossaries.
Environment: MS office, SharePoint, SQL database, Access Database
Position: Sr. Business Analyst
Working on multiple MPCI projects in collaboration with the RMA Risk Management Agency , which is the government agency responsible for Crop insurance to keep the FMH system eCrop in sync with the RMA policies and updates. Also managing business requests to modify features in eCrop and other internal systems.
- Regularly in touch with the RMA associates to check for new requirements and troubleshooting.
- Interact with the MCPI Multi Peril Insurance analysts to gather requirements and business rules so has to match the RMA release notes.
- Work in eCrop, which is used to transmit crop and insurance related files to RMA and other Agencies.
- Acted has the Project co-ordinator to manage deadlines and work assignments with developers, testers, business testers and release managers.
- In charge of modifications to be made to the eCrop application so has to meet the needs of current requirements and internal business requests.
- In touch with Agencies, Field Agents, MPCI Analysts to communicate the modifications made and new entities added in the form of release notes.
- Regularly meet with business partners to access their requirements and accommodate changes within the deadlines.
- Worked on security access for agents and internal representatives to access the SSN validation system and also created the nightly batch process for processing these requests.
- Worked with the HR Director to define roles and responsibilities for SSN validation system and other security features in the system.
- Responsible for triaging MPCI production issues and assigning them to developers and testing the issues with testers and getting approval from the business testers to release the changes into the system.
- Documented all the processes, system settings, security roles and triaging steps for MPCI in eCrop.
- Responsible for checking the weekly RMA release notes for MPCI changes and creating change requests for modifications in eCrop.
- In regular touch with the MPCI Analysts and business partners to access deadlines and priorities for change requests.
- Responsible for maintaining the MPCI data mapping document and updating changes based on the RMA release notes.
Environment: eCrop, MS Visio, SQL, MS Project, DB2, MS Access, Test Track Pro
Position: Sr. Business System Analyst/Project Controller Project Description:
Confidential and retrieval system. Act as the SME for all applications interfacing with KoVIS by possessing an expert knowledge of the organization's systems, business processes, as well as current technology advances and IT capabilities. Lead high-level project definition, initial project cost assessment, gathering requirements, functional specifications for design, testing activities and be involved in integration of various project suppliers and vendors.
- Created both high level use cases and detailed use case specifications to explain the system's interaction with the users and other applications.
- Currently the Subject Matter Expert SME and primary contact for all user and system related production issues for KoVIS.
- Daily interactions with end-users and provide remote assistance to Des Moines and South Dakota users.
- Assisting the Technical team in design and development of the new interfacing applications, data elements, custom reports, configuration changes and also documenting the technical specifications to help design accurately.
- Interacting with ACR requester discussed design details with developers and also involved in testing them and provide users assistance during UAT.
- Enhancement ACR's.
- Acting as an Application Change Requests ACR coordinator for Production and
- Preparing User Interface mockups, facilitating Usability Testing and incorporating feedback to ensure ease of use and to provide custom functionalities.
- Acting as mediating link and fulfilled roles as Customer Liaison as well as Technical Liaison.
- Involved in creating T I, Per-Production and Production release related CDR's for DBA's to execute script and also back out instructions if necessary.
- Ensuring application functionality delivered meets Stakeholder expectations by participating in quality assurance testing and production release as well as post-production support if problems arise.
- Conducting workshops, interactive sessions for the end users to ensure a smooth understanding of applications.
- Constantly using Microsoft's SharePoint for various project and team related documentation, tasks, ACR's, maintain release calendars, assigning and resourcing projects.
- In touch with vendors regarding vendor contract terms conditions and coordinating training and communication for technical team with vendors.
- Built relationships with multiple customer levels as a 3-year member of the Production Support Committee.
Confidential twice a year releases. This application involved interaction between every Blue plan via the BCBSA hub in Chicago. All the claims supporting documents were stored and retrieved from the Document Storage and Retrieval system and CRM Compass managed the workflow. This application was also interfaced with the NRBS claims mainframe system.
- Created the Functional Specification document by meeting with the various interacting application's SME's, technical leads and developers.
- Communicating frequently with all team members and stakeholders and following up when required to ensure project timelines are met and ensure successful integration testing.
- Working closely with Project Manager and Technical Leads to identify, research and drive issues and risks to resolution.
- Performing Analysis Estimation of Enhancement requests and implementing effective Change Management strategy.
- Interacting with Testing team to create Testing plans, System and Functional tests cases and also execute them.
- Conducting User Acceptance Testing and obtaining Business sign-off.
- Conducting JAD sessions with members of Business and Technology and Marketing teams to help complete requirements and design sessions and enhancement ideas for the latter releases.
- Focused efforts on financial administration, milestone tracking, status reporting and creation of audit-ready documentation.
- Assisting with End User Training and Technical Writing.
- Working closely with the DBA and Technical team to mine and migrate data needed from Mainframe Systems to the new DB2 database.
- Mentored, directed and cross-trained less senior Business Analysts.
Confidential to Healthways. This contract ends effective December 1, 2010. By in-sourcing the program to Wellmark, there is an opportunity to improve clinical outcomes and increase the efficiency of the delivery of this project. The goal of Wellmark Case Management is to provide focused interventions for select member's conditions that will decrease deterioration and lower medical costs.
- Managed small project team to implement client chosen solutions that require business and Information Systems expertise.
- Prepared and maintained project documentation including meeting minutes, status reports, action/issue/decision log, organization chart, staffing plan, roles and responsibilities, and financials.
- Ensuring Defect tracking using Silk Central, and working closely with Technical team and business to identify, research and drive issues and risks to resolution.
- Recommending multiple solutions to meet stake holder requirements and identifying tasks and estimating effort and cost to implement the same.
- Preparing Project Plan, Cost Estimations, Resource Management and Escalation Procedures, Transition Plan, Training Plan, Change Management and Business Continuity Plans for the Global Support.
- Analyzed and created Data Mappings for external vendors and internal system data stages.
- Creating Test Plans and implementing Quality initiatives in the project to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Consistently achieving all project milestones, deliverables and releases on schedule and fulfilling Service Level Agreement terms.
- Established and built working relationships with I/S and business teams.
- Provided assistance to Project leaders in Project Management and administrative tasks, including project reporting and budget input.
- Took over the Project Manager responsibilities and lead the team in technical, Architectural, Management and Business oriented activities.
- Directed and performed all activities of test case creation, execution, defect management and monitoring.
- In touch with higher management to present and finalize customer materials, vendors contracts, new hire, training schedules and project timelines.
- Using Business Object and SQL to query the database for claims and create reports for the business from the Data warehouse.
Confidential available to Wellmark's customers and providers 24/7 via the Wellmark.com web page, which interfaces in the back-end with systems like Compass, EVBI, CSI and KoVIS. This is also a cost saving project which minimized cost spent in Wellmark sending paper EOB and PCR to its customers and providers.
- Facilitated Cross Business Unit Requirements Sessions to obtain business and system requirements and created Business and Functional Requirement documents.
- Facilitated daily meetings with testers, vendor PM and vendor Test Manager.
- Interfacing with clients to understand the business needs and creating work flows to document the current process and make suggestions for Business Process Improvement.
- Technically evaluating the requirements to decide best possible technology and functionality to meet the business requirement and also implement the solution timely.
- Conducting Presentations to clients to showcase the capabilities of the KoVIS and efficiency of the features it provides.
- Defining and building prototypes for necessary Reports to provide the management a measure of success of the project and to be able to generate reports on a daily basis on usage, no. of transactions, down time, etc details.
- Also involved in designing the Security rules and user profiling for PHI information to be stored, searched and viewed.
- Created test plans, detailed test case work books and test data for unit, integration and system testing all the components and applications involved and also executed them.
- Available on-site for support and testing on various production releases and also supported UAT testing in the various environments.
- Acting as the liaison between Fiserv vendor and Wellmark to define data and document layouts, field mappings, etc with regards to electronic files sent and stored in KoVIS and also during end-to-end testing.
- Created end-to-end process flow mapping Visio diagrams to represent all the various applications and vendors involved and to also document the failure points and create escalation plans. Presented this document to the business and management stakeholders and the technical teams.
- Trained in the AFP print stream software Crawford which was used to convert the AFP files from Fiserv to PDF files to be stored in KoVIS.
- Worked with external vendors like Fiserv, EDS/HP, Crawford Technologies to implement technical solution for the Wellmark business.
Environment: KoVIS, Blue2, CCMS, Microsoft Compass, WebSphere, SharePoint,Crawford software, SilkCentral, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Xcel, Business Objects
Position: Business System Analyst Project Description:
Scope of this project is to retire the legacy systems of Hawaii Gas and Tampa Electric by migrating the existing data from their proprietary legacy systems to a customized Geographic Information System GIS industry ware tool Gtechnology. These system migrations will allow for flexible, efficient and standardized environments. GIS industry tool was customized based on the type of the utility service, geographic location and client-specific requirements. The standard functionality delivered by this GIS tool includes accessible web interfaces, custom report generation, enhanced design of map layouts and multi-user support.
- Worked on a Geographic Information System GIS tool Gtechnology that has a backend Oracle database which is maintained using Toad and SQL querying.
- Assisted the program manager in project controlling activities such as project plan and detailed task layouts.
- Tracked changes made to the system design and data definition documents using Visual SourceSafe
- Worked on extracting, analyzing, migrating and implementing data in GTechnology, which also includes metadata creations, modifications and SQL querying.
- Involved in writing design file specification documents for data migration and external web interfaces.
- Created non-functional system requirements pertaining to data quality and system performance.
- Created a Use case model using MS Visio and developed Use Case specification documents.
- Conducted JRP sessions, user interviews and brain storming sessions with clients to gather user requirements.
- Created and modified pick lists, business rules, legends, Icons, new features, components and style rules using SQL queries and Gtechnology.
- Prepared and implemented test cases for System testing as well as for User Acceptance testing
- Created customer training manuals and supported users after product delivery.
- Establishing standard operating procedures shift handover/takeover , performance standards and collect performance metrics.
Environment: GTechnology, VB, HTML, Oracle, MS Visio, Visual Sourcesafe, SQL, TOAD
Position: Business Analyst Project Description:
Confidential Online Bill Pay and Online Brokerage applications. The purpose of this project is to make enhancements to IOTPS and add functionality to accept and process Online Mortgage Loan Applications. New forms were created, based on the requirements identified during the requirement elicitation sessions, to retrieve existing customer data from the legacy systems. Functionality to capture information required to order a credit report, connect to credit bureaus to request and retrieve the report was added to the IOTPS.
- Created Use-Case diagrams and State diagrams using MS Visio.
- Involved in project planning and business process enhancements.
- Prepared the vision document containing essential business elements along with their high level definitions.
- Involved in creation of user interface and developed DFDs and ERDs.
- Analyzed and documented business processes.
- Conducted gap analysis to identify the compatibility between the legacy system and the new business requirements.
- Developed system defined metrics to evaluate performance in innovation, customer satisfaction and employee participation.
- Documented test cases during analysis and design phases.
- Assisted in system and user acceptance testing.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, XML, PL/SQL, UML, VB Script