- I am a motivated Project Leader and Business Analyst / Product Architect with a track record of leading and participating in complex software development and implementation projects. Practiced in clarifying business requirements, performing gap analysis between goals and existing procedures / skill sets, and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs. I'm an experienced application architect working within all phases of the SDLC.
- I have strong interpersonal and project leadership skills, highly adept at diplomatically facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders. Experienced working with customers internal/external at every phase of contact including, marketing support, requirements definition, system definition, delivery/implementation, training, and live system support. I have led several software project development teams to on-time quality results using both Scrum and Kanban.
- I have over 10 years' experience as project leader and lead analyst / architect developing enhancements to healthcare revenue cycle products. Project management techniques included Waterfall, Scrum, and Kanban.I also have4 years' experience project leading and consulting hospitals regarding the implementation and/or improved use of healthcare revenue cycle products.
- I am an experienced Agile Coach and Mentor. I attended and then assisted teaching 'Coaching Agile Teams' led by Lyssa Adkins, Agile Coaching Institute. I've coached numerous Siemens staff in SDLC, Agile, and Analysis methods and techniques. I also have experience coordinating the development and project plans across several teams including both local and off-shore development resources
- Experienced in hospital financial and patient administration systems, clinical/financial interfacing, business data storage/retention and retrieval. I am a co-inventor of two patents US 7,051,012 B2 for definition and maintenance of health provider organizations and US 7,890,349 B2 for definition and maintenance of medical locations.I have in depth knowledge and expertise with both Scrum / Kanban project management techniques and Siemens Soarian Financials Application functionality.
Areas of expertise include:
- Project Leadership, Project Management
- Agile Development Scrum and Kanban
- Project Risk Scope Analysis
- Internal and Customer Training
- Business requirements engineering
- Process Analysis Improvement
- Object Oriented Analysis Design
- UML Modeling standards and tools Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect, Visio
- Application Architecture SOA
- Change Control Management
- Test Design / HP Quality Center
- Microsoft products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint, Visual Basic
- Siemens Soarian Financials
- Healthcare Business Office Consulting Process Improvement
- Business Intelligence Star / Snowflake Schemas SQL
- I led the overall development requirements, system, and architecture definition of a new Health Provider Billing and Patient Registration application, Soarian Financials . In this project I was the Lead Application Architect and overall Project Lead for the project from its inception. I led the functional integration and architecture of how the various SF processes e.g. registration, reimbursement, receivables, claims, remittances, and denials would function together as a whole.
- I served as overall project leader for the various development teams. A 'scrum of scrums' was implemented to both manage and provide transparency to the overall project accomplishments, barriers, and steel threads across 10 separate development teams, some of them off-shore Kolkata, India . Initially the project was water-fall based but then migrated to Scrum and eventually Kanban project management techniques.
- I led the implementation of Soarian Financials Patient Access and Revenue Cycle at the 1st 2 Soarian Financials clients working with customer staff to ensure the set-up build addressed their functional and workflow requirements. I also provided consultation / advice to most of Soarian Financials customers and prospects regarding their processes, application functionality, and potential workflow changes and application improvements.
Additional responsibilities included:
- Organization of customer requests for system requirement definition and management
- Led numerous customer and prospect discussions regarding their needs and application deficiencies and desires.
- Evaluated third party products for either integration into Soarian Financials or interface / partner relationships with the company.
- Development plan definition, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Interview, train, integrate, and review, development consultants and employees for analysis, design, code
- Defined analysis deliverables from requirements to detailed analysis
- Designed core application constructs and processes that lead to the submission or two patent applications
- Work flow and User Interface definition and design
- Designed and monitored test plan execution.
- Participated in all levels of customer contact including, marketing support/contract review, requirements definition, training and system implementation, as well as pre and post live technical and analytical support
Soarian Financials related expertise includes
- Patient Access master files and adaptability options
- Patient Access processes and workflows
- Soarian Financials / Soarian Scheduling integration and interfaces
- HL7, IHE, and ANSI X12 Interfaces
- Master files and configuration
- General Ledger configuration and interfaces
- Claims, Remittance, and Denial processing workflows and configuration
- Standard and enhanced worklisting configuration
- HIPAA logging requirements implementation
Prior to working with Soarian Financials, I had the following responsibilities with Siemens:
- Led the requirements, system, and architecture definition of a new, Patient Registration / Patient Administration application within Siemens Clinical Systems department. This results of this project were eventually merged into the Soarian Financials product.
- Led the team responsible for the requirements, system, and architecture definition for enhancements to the Invision / Unity accounting application within Siemens Revenue Cycle department.
- A notable achievements during this time period was the analysis / design of the referral management capabilities and their integration with both Signature and HDX.
- I also consulted heavily with both Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and New York Health and Hospitals Corporation regarding customizations they needed to achieve specific business / workflow goals. I was then the lead analysis / architect for the development of these capabilities.
- Led the requirements, system, and architecture definition of a new Revenue Cycle system for use in Japan..
- Led the requirements, system, and architecture definition of a enhancements to the Invision / Unity accounting application within Siemens Revenue Cycle department. During this time I was the lead application analyst / architecture on the re-writes of the Invision / Unity Charge Master CDM , Payer Responsibility Master PRM , and Doctor Master.
- Product Manager for the Siemens Invision / Unity Outpatient Billing and Collection application. Responsibilities included marketing presentations, development and oversight of a product roadmap outlining desired enhancements and oversight of product development to ensure new feature / function development addressed product and customer needs.
- Managed a team of 7 Implementation Consultants in the state of Michigan. During this time we implemented approximately 8 new Invision / Unity customer systems. As an Implementation Consultant, I led the implementation of Unity HIS systems in approximately 7 customers.