- 5 years of work experience focusing on the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as a business analyst in multiple domains.
- Proficiency in various business analysis methodologies like RUP, RAD, Waterfall, Agile Scrum etc.
- Thorough understanding of Enterprise Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Requirements planning and Management.
- Expertise in Requirements Elicitation, Solution Assessment, Communication, and Validation.
- Knowledge in Eliciting, Analyzing, Creating and Reviewing of Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Specification Documents (FSDs), Use Case Documents, and Business Rules Spreadsheets (BRS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), System Requirement Specification (SRS), System Functional Specifications (SFS), and Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams.
- Proficient in conducting requirement gathering sessions, JAD sessions, and Interviews with Stakeholders, Business Users and SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to understand detailed functional aspects of business process and carefully recorded the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business and technical teams.
- Excellent understanding of the Salesforce Radian6 and Salesforce Publish Media, MS Sharepoint, MS Dynamics CRM, ATG.
- Experience with Rational Rose, Rational Requite Pro, Rational Clear Case, MS Project, MS Visio, JIRA, GreenHopper (Atlassian Suite).
- Extensive knowledge of BPMN using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Knowledge in Project Management Techniques such as Project Scheduling and Milestone Tracking.
- Knowledge of Automated Testing. Experience in creating test scripts and facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Knowledge of Risk Analysis and SWOT Analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience with SQL.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills in designing, developing and implementing business processes using new approaches and technology.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Operating Systems: Windows, Vista/7/XP/2000/98, and Linux.
Design Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), RAD, Waterfall, AGILE.
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server, MySQL, Access.
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), Win Runner, Load Runner, Soap-UI, Data loader
Project Design & Management: Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, UML, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Rational Clear- Quest and MS SharePoint.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Title: Business Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Created Business Requirements. Conducted functional and technical meetings with Business groups and key stakeholders.
- Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Developed workflow models, business rule models, and use cases during the analysis using Rational tools.
- Managed business assessment and enterprise scope planning. Collaborated on creation of documents such as the Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Maintained requirements traceability and communicated changes to these requirements to different business groups.
- Extensively involved in the creation of new E-Commerce Products such as an Enterprise Web Application with health care professionals as end users.
- Responsible for writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required for developing or modifying software programs.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Actively interacted with different business groups to perform Gap analysis to identify the deficiencies in the system by comparing the actual objectives with the system objectives desired. Performed AS IS and TO BE analysis.
- Responsible to maintain and lead both the Off Shore and Onsite Teams.
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users.
- Negotiated data requirements and test schedules with external applications for Integration testing.
- Chose Agile Scrum as the SDLC methodology best fit for the project.
- Facilitated daily Scrum Meetings to resolve issues and chart Project Status.
- Prepared Status Reports every week, which included Revision History and Test Case Status.
- Provided innovative IT, business & e-commerce solutions to perspective and existing clients.
Environment: Rational Rose and Requisite Pro, Windows 7, HP Quality Center, UML, XML, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Location: Park Ridge, NJ
Title: Ecommerce-Business Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducted weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and Procedures to be followed while constructing new sites.
- Prepared interview questionnaires for the clients to gather requirements and prepared Functional Specifications and User Requirements. Documented the FRDs and BRDs using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Prepared Use Case Models based on Business Requirement documentation.
- Translated the user requirements into required configurations and customizations in DYNAMICS CRM 2011 using the configuration, customization, workflow and SDK tools.
- Setup PeopleSoft system configurations to enable development & testing of Billing & AR financial transactions from MS CRM & Shopping Cart.
- Prepared Flow Diagrams, and Sequential Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Conducted JAD Sessions for a thorough understanding of the workflow.
- Extensively used DOORS for writing Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Worked with team members to execute various functional and performance test cases.
- Created Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Use Cases using Visio as well as UML.
- Arranged weekly team meeting to assign testing tasks and acquisition of status reports from individual team members. In turn provided status reports to the project manager to aide the smooth completion of project.
- Initiated sub-groups or sub-teams as required in resolving issues and performing tasks in parallel.
- Analyzed the test planning data using reports and graphs generated in Mercury Quality Center.
- Ensured that the deliverables were prepared accordingly to satisfy the project requirements, cost and schedule.
- Assisted in refinement of agile development methodology and incorporate emerging standards and improvements in the industry.
Environment: Java, .NET, ASP.NET, SQL Server, DOORS, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS project, MS Dynamics CRM, MS Office Suite, Windows XP, Agile,
Location: Mason, OH
Role: E commerce Business Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Worked extensively with Business and IT teams in understanding and documenting system requirements. The initiative was to Redesign Purchase Management Portal.
- Created time lines, performed impact analysis and developed project abstract in collaboration with the Project Manager and the Team Lead.
- Responsible for creating Systems Requirement Specifications, to capture functionalities. Translated business needs into system requirements.
- Developed SQL queries using SQL Navigator to extract data from the target tables.
- Assisted the technical team in analyzing different business documents to correctly understand and draw up project estimates.
- Collaborated with the service delivery, planning and deployment teams on an ongoing basis.
- Engineered archival of project information in MS SharePoint for managing team deliverables.
- Developed business requirements and aided the PM and Team Lead in driving business process improvements.
- Performed traceability for the business requirements using Caliber RM.
- Chosen liaison across multiple teams – business, development, project management and stakeholders to identify and resolve any arising issues to ensure project delivery on time.
- Performed automated testing using Test director.
- Analyzed the security implementation of the application with respect to users' perspective.
- Conducted a budget planning of the project through walkthroughs and meetings involving various leads from Development, QA and Technical Support teams.
- Created UAT test cases and conducted User Acceptance Testing with different teams of users.
- Actively participated in test plan, status and defect analysis meetings.
Environment: Oracle, XML, Asp.Net, Rational Tools Suite, RUP, UML, SQL, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Office, Windows XP, Agile Methodology.
Confidential Jan 2011 – Apr 2012
Location: New York, NY
Role: Business System Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitored maintained and updated the existing application in the bank.
- Assisted the team lead in drafting Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Updated/improved requirements and documented them for a new version. Translated (BRD) in to Functional Specification Document (FSD).
- Aided the project manager and team lead in conducting meetings, JAD sessions, and Interviews of stakeholders.
- Drafted test plans and test scenarios for all updated versions. Knowledge of debugging, regression, load testing and implementations.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing and training of users for a newer version.
- Reconciled Corporate and personal customer accounts with the bank records.
- Created Use Case Specifications, Business Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagram and Sequence Diagram using MS Visio, so the developers and other stake holders can understand the business process with possible alternate scenarios.
- Created Revenue Cost Reconciliation report monthly.
- Collected, analyzed and synthesized information that served as critical inputs to client service teams.
- Developed expertise in the banking domain, to partner and lead knowledge.
- Wrote the bank’s monthly, quarterly and annual operations goal (Target) assessment report.
- Conducted various market researches to formulate strategic Banking products, Services and new product branding.
- Supervised tellers end of day reports and records.
- Generated and submitted monthly Reports on Bank charges.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest, Clear Case), SQL, Win Runner, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office, Windows XP.
Location: New York, NY
Role: Jr. Business Analyst/ Data entryRoles and Responsibilities:
- Aided in gathering requirements through interviewing stakeholders, business partners, and end users.
- Worked with PM and the team in providing business and technical analysis, support and training for the global online shopping site.
- Interacted with team leaders to identify and analyze the given information, procedures and decision flows.
- Extensively used brainstorming sessions along with the Team Lead to meet with the stakeholders and generate innovative ideas for business and technical issues.
- Drew context diagrams, worked on use case diagrams, conducted JAD sessions with Data Analysts and QA teams.
- Prepared excel reports and graphs of quarterly analysis of profit and loss.
- Collaborated on improving Web Content Management and Search Engine Optimization tools. Also worked with the team on enhancing the SLDC as a whole.
- Produced a detailed report on the future and existing needs of the business along with the Project Manager, which resulted in the adaptation of a new system in gathering and recording requirements.
Entered data into system and updated the necessary documents once it has been received from the respective department.
Environment: UML, .Net, Rational Requisite Pro, Crystal Reports, MS Access, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, Windows XP, Agile.