- 6 plus years of IT experience with primary focus in Business Intelligence and Analytics.
- Excellent understanding of relational-3NF and dimensional- Star/Snowflake data modeling concepts.
- Excellent SQL programming, trouble shooting and performance tuning skills.
- Extensive experience writing PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views.
- Hands on experience with a range of BI products: OBIEE, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, SSAS, SSRS, Ab Initio and Informatica
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, MapReduce and Machine Learning technologies.
- Capable of processing large sets of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data and supporting systems application architecture.
- Extensive experience with all phases of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence development including Prototyping, Data Modeling, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Documentation.
- Hands on experience working with Twitter and Facebook APIs for several data related projects.
- Extensive experience designing and developing BI Dashboards and Reports.
- Professional oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, conducive to team development.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, multitasking and delivering under tight deadlines.
DBMS: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Teradata 13, MySQL
ETL: Ab Initio, Informatica, SSIS, Pentaho Kettle
Big Data Ecosystems: Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig
OLAP/Reporting: OBIEE, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, SSAS, SSRS, Hyperion IR/Brio, Qlikview,
OS: UNIX/LINUX, Windows
Tools/Systems: MS Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Oracle RMS, Visual Studio, ERWIN, SQL Navigator, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer, Teradata SQL Assistant
Senior BI Analyst
New York City, NY
- As a key member of the marketing and analytics team, successfully implemented single view of customer EDW - single source for omni-channel marketing campaigns, customer segmentation, reporting and analytics.
- Data mining, analysis and reports to support marketing and multi-channel business initiatives, customer loyalty, credit programs and stores.
- Validate set of rules and algorithms, data integrity and data consistency across the enterprise data warehouse.
- Write complex sql to analyze, manipulate data, investigate data problems and create reports.
- Build complex OBIEE dashboards and reports.
- Design Cognos Framework manager models and develop reports and dashboards using Cognos Report Studio.
- Lead the reporting team in successfully transitioning of existing Cognos reports from legacy systems to the new EDW.
- Gather business requirements for key reporting projects, identify KPIs across multiple business units, and write functional and technical specification documents.
- Acting as a liaison between the business and the IT development team, design and develop data marts and models.
Environment: OBIEE 10.x/11.x, Oracle 10g/11g, SAS 9.2, Oracle RMS 13.x, Teradata 13.x, IBM Cognos 8.x/10.x, Qlikview 10.x/11.x, MicroStrategy
Confidential Newark, NJ
Business Intelligence/Data Analyst
- Design, develop, test and review the ETL processes utilizing Ab Initio for multi-terabyte telecommunications warehouse.
- Interface with business to gather Business Intelligence requirements.
- Design and build Data Warehouse and Data Mart based on the requirements.
- Dimensional Data Modeling using Star Schema/Snowflake Modeling techniques and design of Fact & Dimensions tables, Physical & Logical data modeling.
- Write PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views.
- Effectively handle flow of CDRs across data warehouse in excess of 10 million records/day.
- Provide production support to any data issues.
- Administration of Hyperion IR/BRIO.
- Build analytical reports, data models and custom dashboards using java scripts in Hyperion IR.
- Create numerous on-demand, scheduled and ad-hoc reports, including important financial reports using Hyperion IR.
- Write complex sql and algorithms for facilitating effective reporting and providing one version of the truth across the organization.
- Extensively involved in SQL and PL/SQL query performance tuning.
- Fix bugs and slow running queries in both OLTP and OLAP environment and provide solutions.
- Train senior management in running On-Demand reports spanning multiple business units.
Environment: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, Ab Initio, Pentaho, ERwin, Hyperion IR 9.x/11.x, TOAD, SQL Server 2005/2008
Confidential Milford, CT
- Administration of SQL Server Reporting Services 2005; creating, publishing reports
- Wrote pl/sql and t-sql stored procedures, views, triggers, etc.
- Designed facts, dimensions and reference tables and build their relations
- Designed, developed, reviewed and tested the ETL process to handle Extraction, Transformations and Loading requirements of the data
- Designed, maintained OLAP database for creating cubes, reporting, etc.
- Prepared documentation on the batch scripts, reports, user guides, and other technical documents.
- White box/black box testing and documentation
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, SSRS, SSAS Oracle 9i, Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.2/6.2