Digital Strategy/Analytics/Product Manager
Digital strategy, social media, analytics insights and product strategy professional with strong entrepreneurial acumen in driving digital and social media outreach strategies and programs, engaging audience and online influencers with up to trend tools and marketing activities, nurturing and growing community, tracking/evaluating analytics data and optimizing/ developing various products, maximizing company and clients ROI and revenues.
Areas of Strength
Product Management Social Media/Online Community Web/Media Analytics Branding PR/Marketing Communications Advertising/Publishing UI/Usability Content Strategy/Development SEM/SEO
Social Media/Digital Strategy Director Confidential Beijing, China 06/2011 - 02/2012
- Developed digital/social media outreach strategies on a popular Twitter-like Chinese platform Weibo to reach target audience, drive engagement, build community and make sales for an online magazine and an Ecommerce site. Gained over 100k followers within the first 6 months.
- Managed social media, online PR, marketing communication, branding, partnership and online influencers activities to grow community, generate brand loyalty and expand content consumption.
- Guided and assisted online content creation in the forms of blogs, microblogs, videos, images and other rich multi-media that is engaging and conveys brand messaging.
- Managed social Ecommerce sales combining Weibo with the use of the most popular Chinese Ecommerce platform Taobao.
- Used software tools to efficiently manage followers and followings that greatly help with fan base expansion and engagement. Gauged trackbacks, click through, conversions, traffic retention and other performance metrics to evaluate trends, assess against goals, and come up with optimization insights.
- Managed planning, budgeting, operations and prioritization of the website and campaigns.
Analytics Analyst Confidential West Hollywood, CA 03/2010 - 06/2011
- Managed all aspects of analytics tracking including traffic, revenue, apps API, partners, publishers, advertisers, products, content, mobile, ad engine and ad clicks using SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Yahoo Analytics and Business Objects.
- Provided analysis and insights, tied internal/external traffic, products usage, billable connections, revenue, budget allocation, content, ad and publisher performance data in guiding product decisions and improvement using Excel, analytics reports and dashboards.
- Analytics product development providing company partners and merchants with tracking and performance reports. Populated company site search engine with top keyword list.
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills that identified hidden and important analytics issues and enhancement opportunities, proposed and made changes happen on the first week of start that is of substantial value to company decision making.
Product/Analytics Analyst, Confidential Beverly Hills, CA 04/2008 - 06/2009 High profile social media, digital music and video streaming, mobile, ad serving and monetization product strategy. Large volume click streams data web analytics.
- Advertising product strategy and optimization with highly defined audience segmentation and contextual hyper-targeting for performance based PPC and CPM ad campaigns, and Google sponsored links. Social media content traffic monetization on mobile, local, music, video and home pages to drive optimal profitability with various advertising initiatives and value based pricing strategies. Analytics of Ad serving to provide strategies and insights for improving the advertiser products placement.
- Web and media analytics product definition and implementation to track marketing campaigns (SEO/SEM, display), ad Serving, visitors engagement and brand stats, and conduct content and user experience analysis. Business analysis with product directors to define key performance measurement metrics and translate into reporting solutions. Come up with site, marketing and business optimization strategies based on analytics report data integrated from SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics and Myspace data warehouse. Analytics metrics and executive dashboard reporting using SQL, Microstrategy, OLAP reporting, Excel, Sharepoints, AJAX and asp.net.
- Developed Myspace UI redesign roadmap based on ethnographic user research and usability lab study that drastically enhanced user experience with sitewide navigation, new user home page, reduced clutter and advertisement. Cross team work of stakeholders from product, QA, technology and visual design during the UX and A/B testing process.
- Myspace New User Homepage redesign through A/B testing, engagement KPI metrics tracking and hypothesis analysis to evaluate the testing results.
- Analyzed ComScore media metrics and imported Comscore data into internal data warehouse for competitors site stats analysis and comparison.
- Helped with the successful launch of Myspace Music digital streaming products. Worked with music industry SMEs for song merge and royalty payouts to major partnered labels: Warner Music, UMG, Sony BMG and EMI. Enhanced user experience for music player.
- Myspace Mobile on-deck and off-deck web development. Enhanced mobile interface and expanded customer base.
- Hundreds of terabytes web click and music/video streams data scalability ETL, SQL queries and analytics/KPI reporting with parallel and distributed VLDB databases. Data architecture and data marts design at the detail (staging) and aggregation (analytics) level.
- Executed Agile/Scrum project management process on a daily basis. Close work with QAs for quality control purposes.
Founder, Online Marketing Confidential Los Angeles, CA 03/2006 - 04/2008 Applied integrated marketing communications and branding strategies to E-Commerce and B2B web sites promotion and development.
- Online marketing and lead generation using SEO/SEM, Pay Per Click (Google, Yahoo, MSN), keyword research, affiliate, email marketing (newsletter), blogs and bookmarking.
- Pay-per-click advertising campaigns creation, management and performance tracking on Google, Yahoo and MSN. Keywords, ad text, advertising spending and landing page optimization using various web analytics tools (Google Analytics etc.) for better conversion rate and reduced CPA cost.
- Business model, brand strategy planning, various industry market researches and competitive analysis. Gained strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
Sr. Business Analyst/Global BI Lead Confidential Los Angeles, CA 12/2005 - 08/2007 Business analysis and business intelligence reporting for finance, sales, orders and marketing. Established and oversees the company’s most important Global BI and data warehouse system.
- Translated and prioritized business requirements into solution plan, roadmap and detail specifications. Collaborated communication with marketing, sales, finance teams for successful product launches.
- Solution owner and subject matter expert on BI and data warehouse solutions and strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the company’s brand new, global portal gateway business intelligence and DW system using Teradata Decision Experts with data source from Oracle 11i ERP system. Solid understanding of financial, orders and sales business processes in AR, AP, budgeting and forecasting, general ledgers, inventory and point of sales.
- Project management to keep the BI solutions roadmap updated with planned deliverables and timeline. Oversees and trains local and global BI team.
- Business Objects Enterprises, SQL, ad hoc and Analysis Services OLAP reporting for financial forecasting, sales and orders. Maintained ETL processes and star schemas.
- Email and CRM campaigns management and optimization using Infor CRM(Epiphany).
Data Warehouse/BI Specialist, Web Developer with two companies US 2000 - 2005
Work Eligibility US Citizen
Education MS Digital Media&Advertising, Business Statistics, PR
Certification Certified Product Manager. Pragmatic Marketing
Professional Trainings Agile/Scrum, Comscore Media Metrics, Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click, Internet Marketing, Content Management System, Steve Souders High Performance Web Sites,Integrated Marketing Communications, Branding, Microstrategy, Business Objects