- More than 8 years of IT experience, that includes more than 8 years in business analysis, data modeling, architecting and managing the enterprise wide data warehouses & BI applications using Informatica, Business Objects, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle BIEE(Formerly known as Siebel Analytics), BRIO, Teradata, Oracle, Web Methods, Oracle E - Business Suite (Oracle Apps) etc
- Expertise in doing Business Requirement Analysis, Data Analysis, relational & dimensional data modeling, Project management, ETL design, BI report/Dashboard design and development activities for a large data warehouse and datamarts.
- Possess extensive experience in architecting and guiding large data warehouse projects starting from business requirement analysis until implementation & post production support. Strong Project Planning, Estimating, Cost & Resource Management Skills. Proven track record of consistently hitting target deadlines. Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Rich functional knowledge in the areas of Core Brokerage, Banking, Asset Management, Factoring (commercial Finance), Finance-Payable, Receivables & GL, Retail, HR, Manufacturing, Distribution and eBusiness.
- Facilitated JAD and brainstorming sessions to produce better collaborative solutions. Strong analytical abilities backed by sound technical and rich functional knowledge helped in implementing better performance tuning solutions using database partitions, materialized views & etc.
DW/OLAP/BI Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.3 Siebel Analytics 7.5 7.7 7.8, Metadata Siebel DAC Informatica Power Center 5.1/6.2/7.1.4/8 , Business Objects Crystal Reports
Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, SQL Server 2000 Sybase and DB2 MS Access
Methodologies: Data modeling logical/physical Star/Snowflake schema Fact/Dimension tables, ETL OLTP and OLAP Erwin
Web Development Tools: Adobe Photoshop Macromedia Flash Macromedia Fireworks, FrontPage and Macromedia Dream weaver
CRM/eBusiness: Siebel 6.x/7.x/8 Siebel Tools Siebel Analytics
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/2003/XP/7/8 UNIX
Confidential Reston VA
Senior OBIEE Consultant/Project Manager
- Worked in a multi user development environment
- Automated all manually generated SQL based reports to run from Oracle BI
- Customized Physical Business Presentation layers according to business needs
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Dashboards Delivers
- Used External Table Authentication method to provide access to users
- Created requests in Answers added filter prompts formatted views and charts
- Created column filter prompts column selector views pivot table views title views tabular views and static views in compound layout
- Created Dashboard prompts global filters and combined similar requests in Siebel Answers
- Designed pivot table reports setting aggregation rules sort orders and formulas
- Created dashboard pages for dynamic drilldown guided navigation embedded contents images
- Developed roll-based dashboards for production support operations evaluations and executive personal
- Managed presentation catalog groups and users settings to web group folders
- Managed privileges and permissions to Answers Dashboards Subject Areas & Catalog using Object level and Data level security
- Modified Cascading style sheets and XML message files
- Used Delivers to configure schedule and deliver personalized alerts to Interactive Dashboards using Scheduler iBots
- Created Service Request reports based on call and email resolution
- Configured Briefing Books and used Excel Office Plug in to download and refresh reports
- Involved in troubleshooting and debugging of report errors and metadata inconsistencies
Environment: OBIEE 11g Siebel Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC) Informatica Power Mart
Confidential Kingston RI
Oracle BI Consultant
- Designed and developed business specific subject areas / Oracle BI metadata and simplified complex business routines under BI Server Architecture (Repository build) with all the required key measures, aggregation rules, dimensions, levels and other objects of the BI repository (RPD).
- Optimized the existing BI repositories (metadata) with major structural and business hierarchy changes which greatly helped in query build and execution time.
- Designed and developed business specific subject areas (for Data Marts & Data Warehouse) and simplified complex business routines under business model layer of the repository (RPD)
- Analyzed the business requirements and source systems (Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle, XML, etc) for consolidating all their retiring legacy systems.
- Involved in designing and creating Informatica ETL transformations, PL/SQL stored procedures, data flow mappings, workflow routines for loading fact and dimension tables of the data warehouse dimensional schemas
- Lead the development team in technical design as per the functional requirements. Worked with the business team, in analyzing the requirements.
- Led project & data governance team, successfully closed the project budget, charter and enterprise architecture, data quality framework consistent with stakeholders' vision of solution.
Environment: OBIEE 10.1.3.x / ETL Informatica 8.x / Oracle 10g / Teradata TTU/ MS Visio / Toad / PL/SQL / UNIX / Windows XP
Confidential, Atlanta GA
Sr. Siebel Analytics / Lead Data Warehouse Developer
- Worked in eEnergy(eCommunications)/eService implementation modules include Configuration EIM Workflow Assignment Mgr App Administration and Siebel upgrades.
- Acts as a liaison between IT and key business users / senior management in defining IT solution based on business needs.
- Experienced with Siebel tools and Siebel server processes such as Workflow and Assignment Manager
- to implement complicated business rules. Experienced in EIM and EAI with TIBCO/MQ Series.
- Provide 3rd level support for the Siebel application suite and ensure trouble tickets are completed as defined by Service Level Agreement.
- Worked with Project Managers Business Managers Technical Managers and Release management to execute project plans work plans and milestones.
- Developed Siebel Analytics/OBIEE dashboards for operations and business.
- Developed Informatica ETLs for Siebel data in to EDW. Experienced in MS SQL Server DTS.
- Developed Cognos/ReportNet reports for internal business.
Environment: Siebel eEnergy 2000/ 7.7 eService Siebel Tools eAI SeeBeyond/TIBCO EIM Workflow Siebel Analytics Informatica ETLs Oracle 8i/9i Cognos/ReportNet MS SQL Reporting Server.
Sr. Siebel Analytics Consultant/Business Analyst
- Designed and Developed dimensional cubes creating 3 sections of data (accounts, treaties & claims) using Informatica and Cognos to reduce the number of recurring requests by more than 80% per month and reducing maintenance time to <= 10%
- Designed and Developed 116 visualization charts with an average of 3 filters on each chart designed using Cognos Visualizer, housed on a HTML page for ease of navigation. Post implementation surveys determined that recurring requests had been reduced by 50% and accepted as a Global Decision making tool
- Developed automated metrics with different business process for the Senior Leadership Team. Key Deliverables is to automate 32 metrics. Objects were partitioned and optimized to handle volume
- Designed and Developed cubes to measure actual versus plan and help in determining pricing accommodation, acclaimed as one of the best initiatives and a global tool displaying actual vs. plan metrics
- Provide reports to client customers via the external server, a reporting environment available for business customers with enhanced security. Key Deliverables being User based security built in the reports, reporting suite used as a Unique Selling Point for the Client's Customers, helping them streamline their process and analyze business impact
- Role played as a Customer face for analysis of requirements and feasibility study, Allocation and Management of Segment work to offshore
- Design of ETL workflows and worklets, Developed High Level and Low Level Design for the ETLs and Cognos Objects
- Provided hands on Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Repository and Webcat design solutions
- Developed Parameter file usage in workflows, Pre and Post session database update scripts, automatic Cube build script from Informatica, UNIX Shell scripts for automation process
- Developed Cognos scripts for category house cleaning
- Responsible for Review of deliveries made by each team member
- Setup of Noticecast Agents to automate alert mail distribution
- Responsible for Process Orientation and management
- Coordination of regular client-team communication
Environment: Siebel Analytics, Informatica ETLs Oracle 8i/9i Cognos/ReportNet MS SQL Reporting Server.
- Created Flow diagrams including the integration points on web and MapInfo API.
- Developed servlets to render the maps onto the jsp pages
- Created technical design documentation and presentation on using API.
- Presented training materials on web based tracking system.