- Around 7 years of experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, System Analysis, Design, Development and implementation of Business Applications.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Cycle (SDLC), application design, development, System testing and quality control methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Agile Scrum & Rational Unified Process (RUP)
- Experience in management of requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Has excellent experience to conduct JAD sessions.
- Strong hold of agile methodology. Conducted sprint demo and sprint planning sessions
- Proficient in converting business requirements into E.R Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Object diagrams and other UML diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose and also managing and tracking those requirements
- Extensive knowledge Competent in preparing data mapping documents, defining the transformation rules, writing client site and server site validation rules, and data orchestration.
- Excellent experience with SharePoint sites and managing content within the sites.
- Experience in Creating Test Plan, Test Case, Test Procedures and Test Metrics.
- Expert in testing and debugging GUI and Multi-Applications environment and automated testing using Quick Test Pro 6.5/8.0 on Windows and UNIX Environment.
- Exceptional Documentation skills for writing User stories and Functional requirement documents (FRD).
- Experince in writing SQL queries, SAP Business Objects reporting and SharePoint Site collection administration.
- Experience in the management of Resource Planning Models.
- Ability to perform Data Mapping and Data Migration.
- Worked on Wireframes for Web enabled Applications
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications, teamwork and leadership skills with proven skill to interact across multiple levels of organization.
Skill SetBusiness Process Modeling Tools: Visio, Smart Draw
Defect Management Tools: Bugzilla
Mail Servers: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/NT/7,Mac OS X
Office Suite: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Project Management Tool: Microsoft Project
Requirement gathering techniques: Brainstorming, Interviews, Workshops, Focus Groups
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Spiral, Agile, RUP
Testing Tools: Quality Center, QTP, SOAP, Test Director
User Interface Modeling Tools: Snag It, iPlotz, Pencil, Balsamiq
UML Design Tools: Visio, Enterprise Architect
Version Controlling: Microsoft SharePoint, Discovery
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Worked as a primary liaison between both business and IT team involved in the project for the better understanding of the business and IT processes
- Conducted meeting with stakeholders and SME’s to clearly understand and record business requirements blueprint documents.
- Worked in an Agile driven environment, creating stories, backlogs and issue lists that were used for communication between developers and product owners.
- Worked with User Experience team to create Wire framing, and mockups.
- Used Rational Requisite Pro to update FRD, and map the Functional Requirements to related BRD.
- Prepared detailed Use Cases and L3 and L4 level Process flows using MS Visio for preparing Functional Requirements documents.
- Analyzed Downstream Impacts with cross Functional teams for each requirement and provided solutions.
- Prepared the RTMs for Follow the Cash and ASO reports developed in SAP Business Objects.
- Reviewed Test cases and Test scripts with the QA team, and provided feedback.
- Prepared UAT Test Scripts for business users.
- Organized post UAT follow-up meetings to keep track of all defects, and worked with the developers to close the defects.
- Interacted with other team’s thorough walkthroughs, teleconferences, meetings etc. to resolve various issues.
- Lead as the primary contact for project team for post Production support.
- Played the lead role during implementation and was the main point of contact between the offshore dev team and the on-site cross-functional team.
- Worked with Change Management team to create Training materials, users Guide etc.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries for QA testing and data validation from backend.
- Performed End-to-End testing to assure the user-friendly workflow.
- Worked as a Product owner in an agile environment.
Environment: UML, Windows, SAP BI, SQL, Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Business Analyst (SharePoint)
- Worked on the web-based application for Wireless Customer Care. The application was dependent on various systems to get information.
- Acted as liaison between various teams to conduct JAD and design sessions.
- Worked closely with end-users and developer to develop a detailed understanding of the opportunities for improvement, then based on Business Requirements (BRD) prepared a comprehensive set of functional Spec documents (FRD/FSD) to define the specifications and business value of the system
- Gathered requirements by interacting with internal TWC users for a new SharePoint 2010 site for the Knowledge management team.
- Worked closely with the project manager in a SharePoint Migration project where sites were migrated from MOSS 2007 to SP 2010.
- Designed a SharePoint site for the TWC’s Network Management Team by gathering requirements and creating a site with required lists, document libraries, workflows and site permissions.
- Documented approved change controls to add them into business design.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developed and maintained quality procedures and ensured that appropriate documentation was in place.
- Updated the SharePoint 2010 site with content from time to time.
- Performed GAP analysis for business rules, business and system process flows, and requirements.
- Assisted the project manager for the development of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates etc.
Environment: UML, Windows, SQL, Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, Saint Cloud, MN
- Gathered high level requirements and developed scope of the project.
- Conducted weekly meetings for deciding the Policies and Procedures to be followed while constructing new sites.
- Performed the requirement analysis, impact analysis and documented the requirements.
- Followed a systematic approach to eliciting, organizing, and documenting requirements of the system.
- Reviewed the Joint Requirement Documents (JRD) with the cross functional team to analyze the High Level Requirements.
- Interacted with client and the Technical Team for requirement gathering and translation of Business Requirement to Technical specifications.
- Conducted interviews, meetings and JAD sessions during the process of Requirement Gathering.
- Planned and documented procedures for data processing and prepared data flow diagrams for the application.
- Analyzed and translated business requirements into system specifications utilizing UML and RUP methodology.
- Prepared Functional Design Specifications (FDS) employing Use case scenarios, and sequence diagrams.
- Documented Test Cases and assisted the QA Team with the Test Plan.
- Documented the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for tracing the requirements and the Test Cases related to them.
- Prepared documents and demos on SharePoint for various businesses to get new approvals.
- Designed workflows and allocated permissions within SharePoint.
- Performed Unit Testing and User Acceptance testing and documented detailed results.
- Provided input (scope, goals, risks, constraints, timelines and interfaces) to PM for project planning and control.
Environment: Windows 7, ASP. NET, SQL Server 2005, MS Project 2007, MS Access 2010, HP Quality Center 9.20, RUP.
Confidential, Albany, NY
- Interacted with users (both onsite and offsite), gathered requirements, documented and presented briefings.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations, in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly, and conducted project related presentations.
- Performed the GAP Analysis to understand the key findings, the short term and long term considerations and its benefits.
- Prioritized the gathered requirements and managed the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Worked with users in identifying and documenting future requirements and worked with development team to translate these requirements into functional specifications.
- Conducted performance tuning to primarily focus on writing efficient SQL Queries to generate reports.
- Worked with users to analyze current business processes and procedures to help identify gaps in areas of process improvement and documented all of the existing operational processes.
- Documented Business and Test Plans based on gathered requirements; involved in executing, writing and updating new test scripts.
- Worked in maintaining required organization and project team communication between all teams involved in the process.
- Acted as User Acceptance Testing coordinator, monitored business testing, and interacted with the development team regarding defect status and fixes on a weekly basis.
- Involved in implementation phase and helped in production of required documentation for user reference as well as in-house reference.
Environment: SDLC, Oracle Server, MS Visio, UML, MS Project, Microsoft Visual Studio.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Conducted JAD sessions with business users, SME and stakeholders located remotely and in different time zones to elicit requirements.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Interaction Diagrams using Microsoft Visio and Rational Rose.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) and functional requirement documents (FRD) based on the requirements of the project.
- Created Use cases and tied them to the BRD for traceability.
- Maintained and archived all project related documents in SharePoint for accessibility.
- Assigned tasks among development team; monitored and tracked progress of project following the Agile methodology.
- Ensured that all the test cases were updated in the Quality Center along with Master test plan.
- Created test plan, Walk through, integration approach and strategy document, test cases, scenarios, conditions and scripts, generated system test scripts for Customer Relationship
- Assisted in various types of testing, such as functional, regression, user acceptance (UAT), and installation testing.
- Extensively worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Wrote SQL statement and stored procedures in MS SQL for extracting as well as writing data.
- Designed and developed test cases for putting the application on manual testing.
- Created System test scripts for different test scenarios covering all aspects of project functionality.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using JIRA.
Environment: MS Visio, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, MS Dynamic CRM, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Oracle, SQL, Sybase, Agile
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Involved in development with the Management during the Scope and Blueprint stage in creating Business Process and Procedures. Mapping the integrated scenario of client's Business process.
- Worked as a Maintainer to ensure material is created with correct field by the team before it is sent to Production.
- Worked on Data mapping and created Data Standards.
- Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential business processes, business rules, and information needs, and insures that critical requirements are not missed
- Translating the requirements obtained during the requirements gathering phase to the development team and was responsible for the trade off of requirements not feasible for the project.
- Creating Use Cases from the list of requirements using Rational Rose.
- Followed the UML methodology to generate Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, .
- Reporting the bugs in Insight and Excel, interacting with the developer for resolving the same and retesting the resolved bug.
- Created User Guide for the application.
Environment ECC 6.0, ECATTS, LSMW, Info Pak, QTP, HP QC, Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Rational Robot.
Jr. Web Developer
- Involved and developed an Interactive Internet site using ASP, HTML, and Oracle.
- VB Script was used for server-side validations.
- Java Script was used for client-side user input validations.
- Coding of various pages to display company information, product online and customer information and inventory tracking for the employees using ASP and HTML.
- Transformed information pertaining to various departments into HTML format and linked them in a systematic way for meaningful navigation and provided database connectivity.
- ADO objects were used to manipulate the data.