- A Resourceful and Accomplished Business Analyst
- Extensive experience in researching and gathering business requirement for software development and contributing positively in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong understanding of various SDLC methodologies such as Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile & Waterfall methodologies with hands on experience in all of them.
- Hands on experience with IBM Rational Software integrated tools like Requisite Pro, Rational Rose for requirements management and analysis, use case development, business and data modeling.
- Experienced in the analysis of applications using OOAD techniques & UML.
- In dept Knowledge of Performing Gap Analysis, SWOT analysis, Risk analysis, ROI and Cost/Benefit Analysis.
- Solid exposure to Business Process Redesigning (BPR), Business Process Modelling (BPM) and Change Management. Familiar with Six Sigma tools and ISO Project Management methodologies.
- Solid Experience in Quality Assurance and Testing Methodologies. Assisting in Change and Defect Management; Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Post - Implementation Verification (PIV) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues. Familiar with testing tools used to design and develop test plans and test scripts.
- Good understanding of JAVA and J2EE concepts along with strong knowledge of different Relational Databases (RDBMS), and writing SQL queries. Experienced in Development of Client-Server and Web Based Applications.
- Highly experienced at meeting deadlines, ensure timely signoffs and can work under pressure to deliver excellent project.
- Creative and innovative thinker, with excellent communication skills bringing energy, enthusiasm and leadership to problem resolution.
- Experienced with Global Infrastructure concepts. Strong Understanding of technology environments and architecture.
- Versatile in the use of MS office suites (MS Project, Visio, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
Senior Business Analyst/Lead
- Lead BA for various regulatory projects. Facilitated JAD Sessions, documented current and future states, conducted GAP analysis and documented the requirements for FATCA (Account Onboarding), QI , and Cost Basis .
- Led detailed requirement phases identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving requirements issues
- Developed Business Cases, conducts Cost / Benefit, Impact and Risk analyses
- Actively seeks the identification of project issues, escalates and manages resolution as required
- Ensured risk & impact assessments are completed, and contingency plans identified
- Lead BA for Credit Risk Automation project. Facilitated JAD sessions and documented requirements for the project.
- Requirements gathering with trade controls analysts and traders to consolidate data repository for reporting on Capital Markets instruments e.g. futures, options, swaps, hedges etc
- Gathered requirements for the development of applications to track risk exposure, trading positions, algorithmic models, Monte Carlo simulations, arbitrage, spreads and due diligence for traders on the Foreign Exchange trading desk
- Gathered requirements for the creation of cash flow models for Credit Default Swaps, Interest Rate Swaps, Currency Forwards etc.
- Documented New York Intercompany (Exceptions) Processes for Confidential Trade Settlements
- Preparation of Test & Implementation Plans.
- Prioritization of defects and assessment of business impact
- Leads and manages end to end process redesign/development scope, analysis, planning, training and implementation for assigned processes.
- Participate in Post Implementation Review process
Snr. Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD Session, Gathered, Documented and Validated Requirements for Implementation and build outs of SharePoint at Confidential .
- Elicited, Analyzed, Documented and Communicated Requirements for implementation of Storage Virtualization in SAN ( Storage Area Network ). Implemented Identity and Access Management Solution.
- Document detail user requirements, participate in user acceptance testing, conduct post implementation monitoring, develop training materials for internal users, develop and document procedures for BASEL II Credit Risk Reporting.
- Developed and maintained all operational and technical flows using MS Visio and Power point.
- Used Rational Rose/MS Visio for creating use cases, workflows and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology, designing Business Process Models and defining the Data Process Models.
- Designed and Implemented simple workflows using SharePoint modules and e-mail notification.
- Prepare Request for Proposal (RFP), RFI, RFQ, evaluated vendor software solution and suggest changes.
- Performed gap analysis to determine needs/deficiencies and help map data from source to target System.
- Prepared High Level Documents (HLD) and Business Requirement Document (BRD) Artifacts amongst others.
- Responsible for translating BRD into functional specifications and Test Plans. Performed Regression Testing and created test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) & Post Implementation Verification (PIV).
- Closely coordinated with both business users and technical team, including off-shore resources to arrive at mutually acceptable solutions.
- Maintained documents for change request and implemented procedures for testing changes.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Used Rational Requisite Pro as requirement gathering tool.
- Worked extensively with MS Office Suite for preparing status reports
- Facilitated Walkthrough and Training Sessions. Provided Coaching to Junior Business Analysts.
Senior Business Analyst
- Facilitated JAD Session, Gathered & Documented Requirements for Upgrade of Domino Servers and Migration of 1,000+ Users to a new Cluster.
- Validated requirements by obtaining sign-offs from various stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Conducted JAD sessions for effective communication of views between stakeholders and gathered business requirements for Windows XP Migration Project.
- Conducted Interviews, Gap analysis, gathered and documented detailed business requirements for implementing an Online Banking Application’s Security and identity/Access management solution, with a Call Centre Service inclusive. Facilitated business process design as it relates to managing access privileges. Developed UAT Test Plan.
- Escalated issues to project manager on matters that require urgent and immediate attention
- Conducted Gap Analysis and Business Requirement gathering for Implementation of Credit Card Processing and System Conversion to TSYS TS2 Consumer and TSYS TS2 Commercial Systems. Implemented Business Change Request (BCR) and Created Data Mapping from legacy Platform to TSYS. Resolved system/data issues encountered in the implementation of TSYS.
- Used MS Visio to create Business Process Flows. Created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams. Wrote a use cases description, including preconditions, post conditions, assumptions, and scenarios.
- Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock ups using modeling tools.
- Used Prototypes to demonstrate and verify the behavior of the system.
- Developed feasibility analysis and project risk analysis.
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the product life cycle.
- Ensured that all the artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Logged defects in quality center (Mercury Quality Centre) system for review and correction by developers
- Provide technical and procedural support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Post-Implementation Testing (PIV).
- Conducted Gap Analysis and Business Requirements gathering for Online Web Time Entry System for branches nationwide. Elicited, analyzed, documented and communicated requirements feeding into deliverables including but not limited to scope, cost, schedule and risk management for upgrade and maintenance of system. Developed specifications for upgrade from manual time entry to Kronos clocks.
- Identified Stakeholders and participated in Joint Application Development (JAD) for a Client Server Application called Risk Information Profile (RIP). Participated in QA by building Test Cases, tracking defect management and SQL Plus Data Mapping.
- Performed Functional, User Acceptance, Post Implementation and content testing for RIP.
- Worked closely with Business units to determine business needs/gaps/requirements and using MS Visio, define Business Process.
- Conducted requirements analysis using a Use Case driven approach and produced detailed Use Cases for all the interfaces.
- Reviewed requirements for testability and usability, consulted development staff with regards to system functionality.
- Tested application security features, including session expiry, book marking, passwords and compatibility across multiple browser types and encryption levels.
- Developed and updated Test plans, Test Matrixes, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases.
- Conducted variance management by analyzing and verifying test results, providing status and progress reports, using Test Director 7.0i
- Document test strategies to ensure requirements documentation can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed.