- Business System Analyst with 7 years of diverse experience in Information Technology with focus on Business Analysis, Business Modeling, Requirement Gathering, Technical Documentation, Software Validation and Web Application Services. More than four years of successful, progressive experience in all phases of the iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Rich experience in gathering (user) functional requirements using various requirements modeling and UML tools including Rational Rose, Rational clear case and MS Visio.
- Proficient in Technical and Business Writing, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Analysis and Testing various methodologies.
- Expertise in Project Management i.e. Project Scoping, Planning, Estimating, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing, Controlling, Budgeting and Drafting Remedy Procedures.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business User Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT Groups and Conflict Management with Project team members.
- In depth knowledge Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Extensive experience in developing Use Cases, creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis.
- Facilitated Change Management across entire process from Project conceptualization to Testing through Project Delivery, Software Development and Implementation Management in diverse Business and Technical Environments.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements.
- Strong experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documentation of Test Cases. Expertise in designing and developing Test Plans and Test Scripts.
- Interface with clients from Operations, Marketing, Sales, Technologies, and Outside Vendors and act as their customer interface point as the lead of the Projects.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
Programming Languages: C, C++,C#,VC++,VB,VB.NET,C#.NET,Cobol,ASP.NET, Java, SQL, PLSQL
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Linux.
Databases: MS - Access, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, DB2, Sybase
Application Servers: IBM Websphere, ATG Dynamo, BEA WebLogic.
Automation Tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational ClearCase, Rational RequisitePro, Documentum, Caliber RM, DOORS, Sharepoint
Bug Tracking Tools: Mercury TestDirector, Rational ClearQuest
Utility Tools: MS Office Suite, MS Project, TOAD, Adobe Photoshop
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reports (SSRS)
Data warehousing Tools: Informatica, Business Objects, Cognos, Erwin
Testing Tools: Quick TestPro (QTP), TestDirector, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Niku Project WorkBench
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential is a portal website to which United Health Care’s customers login to check their health coverage, claims, benefits, hospitals/doctors’ provider information.
Worked as a Sr. Business Analyst to streamline existing business processes, design & develop new systems, enhancements to existing portal from business requirements. Also responsible for heading a team of Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, UI designer, Dev Leads, QA Leads for 2 major functionalities. Extensive use of UML is being made to design portals.
- Performed analysis on existing systems, recommended enhancements, and implemented strategies to streamline current processes using UML.
- Heavily used Business process modeling to streamline the existing processes, channels through which customers contact UHC (like phone, web, email, thru doctors, pharmacies, etc). It was noted that same information is being passed on through all the channels, which required to update some pharmacy, doctor provider related information systems.
- Similar process modeling was done for claim processing as well, removing the pain points & bottlenecks in claim mapping, member identification & uniquely identifying that member, claim adjudication, removing duplicate claims, etc. Through these restructuring, system performance was highly improved.
- Extensive use of BEA Plumtree was done and multiple portlets were designed for above functionality. Implementation was done on BEA Aqualogic.
- Grouped the Use Cases and other diagrams into sequence and collaboration Diagrams using Rational Rose based on RUP, UML methods; thereby defining the business process model.
- Involved with all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies throughout the project life cycle.
- Aided management in standardizing Web Applications by preparing GUI standards and recommending alternatives for incorporation in a phased, iterative manner.
- Used iRise Application Simulator to create web.20 effects to make web pages more interactive.
- Involved in testing the conversion of the application into web application using XML web services.
- Prepared High Level Logical Data Models and BRDs (Business Requirement Documents) supporting documents containing the essential business elements, detailed definitions, and descriptions of the relationships between the actors to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Assisted the PM in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the project plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Analyzed system performance and initiated process improvement measures for mainframe and Web-based applications.
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: RUP, UML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Sharepoint, ADR, IBM Websphere, J2EE, Mercury TestDirector, Lotus Notes
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Business Analyst
Health Net provides property, casualty, and specialty insurance for U.S. corporations, professional firms, and financial institutions. The core concentration is Surety, Executive Assurance and Medical Professional Liability. The project is a web based application developed for a customer claim management system and integrated with their insurance system that enables a prospective policyholder to interactively pursue quotes. The claim file utility developed enables policy holders to file claims and the GUI developed walked them through the claim file process.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Followed solely RUP methodologies during the course of the project.
- Utilized the 80-20 rule to prioritize and incorporate the critical features. Used Time-Boxing techniques to finish within set time frames.
- Accumulated system requirements from various departments through surveys and interviews.
- Involved in prioritizing the defects and writing business requirements to resolve them.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME, vendors, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues.
- Serve as Property & Casualty Insurance SME, reporting to the President, addressing various Insurance industry issues as they arise and the point person for the development and adoption of the ACORD xml standards.
- Involved in Testing by using SQL and work with QA together to develop test Scenarios and test cases.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Exposure to Client/Server, Web Application developmental tools and Software development and design.
- Created Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and ER Diagrams in MS Project.
- Designing and customizing data models for Data warehouse supporting data from multiple sources
- Assisted in the development, design and implementation of new relational or multi-dimensional databases, including the analysis of user needs.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Captured requirements for conversion from a microsoft ecommerce platform to atg COMMERCE
- Developed Systems Specifications document to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
- Designed flexible project foundation enabling rapid implementation of e-commerce website capabilities
- Involved in Performance Measurement to develop measurable indicators that can be systematically tracked to assess progress made in achieving predetermined goals.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Involved in performance measurement of ongoing data collection to determine if a program is implementing activities and achieving objectives.
- Involved in reviewing test plans and test cases and ensuring test cases reflect user needs. Also responsible for conducting user training and user acceptance testing to ensure and verify system is designed according to user needs.
- Conducted review sessions on regular basis with QA and development teams for preparing status, delivery report and client reporting.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), Casewise modeller, IBM WebSphere, XML, Java, Unix, C++, J2EE, JSP, Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server Reports, WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick TestPro
All state is the world’s leading international insurance and financial services organization, with operations in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Its member companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. I worked as a Sr. Business Analyst to build a solution, which integrates All States five existing policy management systems and extends their functionality for web-based access by the company’s countrywide network of independent producers.
- Gathered high-level requirement for all the external projects in a release.
- Involved in Risk Assessment for each project.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs and business analysts from other feeder systems for a detailed analysis and a better understanding of impact of various projects on each other.
- Negotiated with teams from projects to decide if modules should be implemented independently, or Parallely
- Extracted data from Oracle database with MS Access, and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification.
- Created functional requirement documents for the impacting projects
- Performed criteria table updates for each project.
- Updated the impacted MS Access tables.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel and MS access
- Analysis of business requirements and system requirements of the client and also for Property and casualty modules
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for various web based and database related applications.
- Facilitated and led JAD sessions aimed at functional requirement walkthroughs for all the impacting projects and updated the documents based on recommendations (if any).
- Conducted JAD sessions, created Use Cases, work flows, screen shots and Power Point presentations for theWeb Applications.
- Created UAT plans with several test cases for each project to ensure that the system runs smoothly after the proposed enhancements or changes have been made.
- Provided data modelling support for numerous strategic application development projects.
- Reviewed test results and coordinated with testing and development team to correct the issues.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects/resources
- Analyze business requirements and segregated them into Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and OOD using Borland Together according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Responsible for preparing Business Requirement Document (BRD) and then translating into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Responsible for creating Bordereau report on a monthly basis for reinsurance broker.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Used MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines and resources and collaborate on the project.
- Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues.
- Assisted the QA team in designing the Test Plan and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Unix, Documentum, Windows NT/XP, Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, Sybase, VBScript, C#. DOORS, C++, NET, ASP.NET, Business Objects, TestDirector, LoadRunner
Confidential focuses on providing property insurance, casualty insurance, and reinsurance and underwrites a broad range of risks within each of these business segments. With operations in Bermuda, Europe, and the United States and has grown to over $1.5 Billion in Premium.
- Established a RUP (Rational Unified Process) centric business analysis methodology.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, RequisitePro, and Visio.
- Provided key initiatives in working with users in defining project and system requirements.
- Provided inputs in the strategic development of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates etc.
- Also responsible for managing communication and expectations of system vendor, the former parent company IT and business departments, and Allied Worlds various business units (underwriting, claims, reinsurance, actuary, accounting, and IT)
- Prepared Business Context Diagram, Use Case diagrams and corresponding Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose to depict the workflows to be incorporated into the development of Pega Business Process Management (BPM) tool.
- Responsible for the development of a Data Warehouse for personal lines property and casualty insurance.
- Meticulously assessed data from various sources and generated conceptual and logical database designs using ERwin data modeling tool.
- Designed three research systems involving; geographical locations, weather damage, and cause of loss for insured crops.
- Worked on Commercial lines Property and Casualty Insurance including both policy and claim processing and reinsurance.
- Exposed to Agile methodology.
- Experience in managing the changes in requirements by Unified Change Management Tools (UCM) like Rational Clear Quest.
- Conducted Data Modeling like Conceptual Design, Logical Design and Physical Design
- Tested validity and integrity of the calculation engines for Deferred Annuities, Past Services Pension adjustments.
- Design and develop the data load process using XML Style sheets and ACORD.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD using UML
- Performed requirement analysis, went through all the use cases and issue logs.
- Helped design scope documents and the Request for Proposal (RFP) after extensive ROI analysis and coordinated with top management for the approval process.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business line, operations, and the technical areas throughout the project cycle. Worked with ODS and OLAP system. Worked with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading. Metadata architecture was also provided, for the purposes of query enhancement and clarification of data relationships. Also built the foundation for process implementation in MS-SQL.
- Conducted mass user interviews with brokers, enterprise user representatives and SMEs.
- Worked extensively with MS Excel
- Partnered with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems especially related to Power Builder platform.
- Provide customer service and support for Property & Casualty risk management needs
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
Environment: Windows, MS Office(MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Visio), .NET, Oracle, Crystal reports, RUP, UML, SQL, SWOT analysis, GAP Analysis, Win Runner