- Over 10 Years of Information Technology experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications, data analysis, Business systems requirements and Data Warehousing in Financial, Insurance and Retail / Merchandising industries.
- Experienced in gathering business reporting requirements, implementing business & Technology reports and applying data warehousing techniques in financial industry using extensive Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server for OLTP and OLAP based databases.
- Experienced with data mapping, conversions, data integrity issues and integration of data sourced from various legacy systems and their impact on business models.
- Proficient with Oracle and MS SQL queries, table joins, data structure, data manipulation and indexing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of success.
- Created Conceptual & Logical representations of database requirements and design, worked with Data Modeling team for physical model implementation considering the database performance parameters & indexing strategy enforced by the DBA team.
- Strong business analysis skills and a thorough understanding of analysis deliverables. Developed, analyzed, streamlined and documented new and existing business processes. This included defining the inputs/outputs to each process, the key transformation steps of the process and the exceptions/ discrepancies within the process.
- Experienced in resolving complex data management issues and foresee data associated impacts and provide solution in order to avoid emergency fixes that impact business.
- Experienced interacting with Business owners and other cross - functional teams during the life of project.
- Hands on with Data modeling (Conceptual & Logical), ER diagrams, and Process flows.
- Experienced with Metadata Organization and Data cleansing/Data mining techniques.
- Experienced in writing Technical documentations / ETL requirement docs for developers and other project team members.
- Hands on with complex reporting analysis and generating ad hoc reports using Business Objects reporting tool. Developed various reports using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL language data sourced from various sources.
- Possess good experience in solving complex problems, team coordination, motivation as well as the ability to communicate effectively across cultural barriers. Possess good relationship with customers, Works great under pressure, and takes initiative, Very cooperative & hard working, Very comfortable with deadlines, Creative and Self Motivated.
Role: IT Business Analyst - Consultant
New York, NY
During this period I was involved in data integration project that evolves merger of Confidential and Merrill Lynch complex systems. The objective of this project was to develop a single, integrated data repository (the ‘IBK Warehouse’) for the Corporate and Investment Banking group of Confidential Merrill Lynch. Primarily I worked with external teams, resolved issues on the data feeds, prepared functional/technical specs for Dev & ETL teams, designed the screen mockups for UI reporting & managed the QA and UAT testing cycles. Additionally I assisted business users during User acceptance testing for their day to day queries/issues.
Technologies Used: Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, Netezza Database, Mercury Quality Center, Quest Toad, Share point, SQL Navigator, MS Visio, MS Excel 2007, MS Power point.
Role: Business Analyst
Date Location : Hartford, Connecticut
The purpose of Lync application is to optimize & manage (synchronizing & tracking) past & ongoing activities (meetings, customer communications, etc.) One stop shop for sales and Marketing team: information on agency contacts & future events planning/scheduling. Organized & restructured existing large number of consumer poor information where a considerable amount of attention is paid to the analysis of data ensuring maximum amount of consumer data is maintained and processed in a more sophisticated manner. This project was executed using agile methodology.
- Experienced involving in full Software Development Life cycle starting from requirements gathering to end-users and performed object oriented analysis and design to implementation & maintenance.
- Created Logical representations of database requirements by MS Visio and worked with Data Modeling team for physical model implementation.
- Responsible to facilitate JAD sessions, conducting business user's interviews, developing process flows & diagrams and suggesting solutions for complex problems.
- Experienced in testing reporting requirements where business knowledge is essential to test certain functionalities of an application (also includes manual backend testing by SQL)
- Successfully created data mapping for various source legacy systems that were finally loaded in target tables and conversions used by developers.
- Root causes analysis of data inconsistency and bad/missing data issues.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams to achieve data management tasks.
- Designed, coordinated and lead feasibility studies, concept formulation, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of various systems, equipment, and procedures.
- Worked with Insurance marketing campaign analysis team to track the proposed customers.
- Developed various standard reports based on business needs in order to reflect business performance; trends as part of month end process.
- Assisted End users and testing team (QA) to help understanding the processes and testing the systems.
- Wrote complex SQL queries to extract aggregate data, classifications, hierarchies via multiple table joins and inline queries.
- Prepared Functional Specification documents provided mapping of application's UI to database.
- Prepared Trace ability Matrices, which mapped the business requirements to the functional specifications and the testing scenarios.
- Tracked entire database objects created for Lync application using MS Access forms and tables.
- Coordinated with core development, System testing, Quality testing and Performance testing teams offshore and onsite.
- Worked with 60 team members including onsite and offshore at the peak time of project cycle.
- Lead the offshore team and distributed the work as the project progressed on iteration basis.
Technologies Used: Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server, Mercury Quality Center, Quest Toad, Share point, SQL Navigator, Conceptual/Logical/Physical Modeling, MS Access, MS Visio, Advance Query Tool (AQT), ETL Data stage and Trillium,
Location: Windsor, Connecticut
Role: Business Data Analyst
AUTOMATED PLAN REVIEWS
This Retirement Plan Review is an administrative tool to help plan sponsors understands specific retirement plan experience and participant activities. Periodic reviews of group retirement plan can provide valuable insight into the current levels of its success. This product give customers the opportunity to evaluate their retirement plan benefit goals relative to real-time plan results, with the ultimate goal of providing you with information to help them make strategic adjustments as necessary. This project consists of DAY 1 and DAY 2 activities.
The main objective is to accept a feed from a preferred vendor process the feed information into HLI Database according to business logic and create an extract to a customer on each quarter. This is accomplished in order to automate the Performance and Fee data that will be published to our clients by marketing staff.
Location North Bergen, New Jersey
Role Business Data Analyst
Working as a developer I was involved in transforming RAMS project at Liz Claiborne from simple client server to cutting edge Oracle 9i based 3-tier architecture. Such form were identified and restructured after transformation and deployment of RAMS at Liz Claiborne. In RAMS development specification for changes that needs to be done to processes to ensure all the modified processes can be executed for a single business unit or group of business units in a single run.
Technologies Used: Oracle 9i relational Database, PVCS version Manager, Toad and MS office
Location Karachi, Pakistan
Role Oracle Developer/Sr. Database Developer
During Five years of journey in the Finance / I.T Department I was responsible for over all Migration, development and Maintenance of Company's Oracle Database Application LMS (Lease Management System). LMS was the Central Database of all the Security leasing offices to automate over all Management Information System and daily Transactions. I was involved in project planning and designing the migration of LMS application from FoxPro to Oracle 9i. Major activities include database design, capacity planning and establishing standards for Oracle installations, maintenance, tuning, and coding standards for PL/SQL.
Databases/Tools & Utilities: Oracle Relational DB versions 7x/8i/9iand 10G, MS Access, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 & 2005, SQL plus, Oracle Discoverer, SQL Loader, Toad 188.8.131.52, Advanced Query Tool (AQT) Oracle SQL, Developer, Mercury Quality Center, Clear Case Source Control, PVCS Version Manager, Share Point, Business Objects/Crystal Reports, ETL tools Data Stage, Informatica, Oracle Reports and hands on with Toad for data Analyst
Languages: Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL, UNIX, Exposure to Java, COBOL, XML and HTML.
Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, MS Visio.