About 8 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst with successful delivery of multiple projects. Have a detailed and thorough understanding of multiple domains include Healthcare, Banking & Insurance sectors.
- Extensive experience in gathering and defining the Business Requirements (BRD); translating them into technical specifications and functional requirements (FRS) by using various Elicitation methods.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Development Methodology (SDM), process methodologies like AGILE, RUP, UML, SCRUM, feasibility analysis, gap analysis, scope and impact analysis of the software systems throughout the different phases of SDLC.
- Good knowledge and understanding of different modules within Healthcare (Membership, billing, enrollment, claims, capitation, providers).
- Experience working with HIPAA compliance and Healthcare systems; Medicare and Medicaid Systems.
- Experience in conducting JAD sessions, project meetings, reviews, walk through and customer interviews.
- Expertise in Document Management, File Management; Process/Information integration by using MS SharePoint.
- Expertise in developing Workflows, Process flows and Data flow diagrams.
- Extensive experience in data element mappings and performing data integration through Data Mapping tools.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, State Diagrams and Activity diagrams using UML to make users and developers understand the system.
- Extensively worked on defining Testing Methodology, Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Strategy, Integrated System Testing (IST), UAT and Post Production Validations.
- Maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across deliverables of a project.
- Experience in conducting data testing within ETL (Extracting, Transforming, and Loading) process testing cycle.
- Involved in revising existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, scheduling, multitasking of functions, tasks input/output requirements and storage.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and hands on experience working in various domains like Insurance and its sub domains; Auto, Property and Casualty, Healthcare, Life etc.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills and Team Leadership qualities and outstanding Organizer with solid planning and problem solving skills.
- Hands on implementing projects from idea to implementation and creating training manuals and user guides.
Business Analysis Tools
RUP, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Visio, HP QC
Change Management/ Testing Tools
Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Test Director, Quality Center, Load Runner, QTP
Databases Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Ms Access 2000/2007, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
SDLC, AGILE (Scrum), RUP, UML, SWOT, Cost/Benefit Analysis
Microsoft Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Project, MS Outlook), MS SharePoint, Lotus Notes, MS Visio
HTML, SQL Plus, XML, C, C++, C#, Java
Windows 7/XP/NT/2000/98, UNIX, Linux
Confidential, Madison, WI
Senior Business Analyst
- To gather business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observations of account managers and UI (User Interface) of the existing Portal system.
- Preparation of BRDs (Business Requirements Documents), FRDs (Functional Requirements Documents) and High Level Logical Data Models; supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions and descriptions to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Helped design, create and maintain web sites for end clients and internal users.
- Following and implementing IIBA protocols, standards and methodologies in given projects.
- Assisted marketing team to design and implement more efficient systems.
- Worked with underwriting team to document and scrutinize company rules and regulations regarding underwriting of policies.
- Worked on development of ‘life insurance calculator’ and ‘instant quote’ applications for end users to help determine their insurance needs.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of various life insurance products offered i.e. Term and Permanent (whole, universal, variable and survivorship) to create and enhance web applications.
- Worked on applications developed for mutual funds processing via requirements gathering and analysis.
- To conduct data mapping for several applications in the services domain of the company.
- To create UML Diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process Flow diagrams to elaborate the new processes using Rational Rose software inclusive of Requisite Pro.
- To conduct JAD sessions with management, SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), developers, users and other stakeholders for open and pending issues to develop specifications.
- To create prototypes, UIs and wireframes via iRise Studio for various stakeholders during the project phases.
- To create tables, reports and to use SQL for data analysis and assist in data warehousing for various applications.
- Used MS SharePoint to efficiently organize content management and process integration during application development.
- Worked closely with SMEs and other stakeholders to develop applications and portals for property and casualty products especially auto and homeowners.
- To create and manage project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Rational Requisite Pro.
- To implement change management strategies and conduct impact analysis as and when needed.
- To collaborate with Quality Assurance Analysts in Rational Clear Quest to track defects and Rational Clear Case to maintain consistency in the builds.
- Involved in content management processes for various applications.
- Regular use of Quality Center for testing purposes including UAT testing.
Environment: Microsoft Windows, MS Office Suite, RUP, UML, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Quality Center, MS SharePoint, SQL Server, VB.Net, I Rise Studio, IIBA standards.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Business System Analyst
- Worked on Member Management, Eligibility, Claims, and Provider modules within FACETS.
- Conducted extensive analysis on migration and conversion of Provider and Member data, Group configurations, premium billing, benefit set - us, fee schedules, provider pricing, capitation set-ups, etc from Legacy system to FACETS.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Used MS SQL Manager Studio 2008 to query the MS SQL database.
- Involved in documenting the business process by identifying the requirements and also involved in writing the system requirements.
- Worked in creating interfaces for various external vendors and c reated Technical Specifications for the 835 and 837 I and P files with their changed and new contents to create 5010 complaint files.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with all IT group members for communicating & managing expectations and to discuss various means for integrations with current system using an adoption through execution strategy.
- Performed the analysis of the earlier systems, generated a detailed requirements document describing new system architecture through use cases diagrams and activity diagrams using MS Visio.
- Identified and documented the requirements for 5010 conversion.
- Collected the information related to ongoing application upgrade and their impact on ICD-10 implementation and impact, benefits and risks of ICD-10 code application.
- Re-Organized the collected data and prepared documentation for implementation.
- Facilitated data mapping activities and helped with the expansion of membership and provider data model.
- Created workflow diagrams, process flow and data flow diagrams. Assisted team with Data Mapping and Data Extracting Strategies for data migration.
- Involved in creating use case diagrams for the purpose of the team to understand the workflow of the system.
- Analyzing the business needs for the reports and documenting the requirements in SSRS forms.
- Analyzed EDI ANSI X12 file mapping and reported in analysis spreadsheet. Performed validation of 837 (P, I) & 835 format files.
- Effectively communicated user acceptance test results between users and development team and provided recommendations for change control requests (CCR).
Environment: Facets 4.8, MS Visio, Word Excel, PowerPoint, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, SQL.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered requirements from key stakeholders, customers and subject matter experts to define the scope and requirementsof online mortgage application.
- Worked closely with the development team to verify that business needs are fulfilled and deliverables are produced within specified budget, quality and time.
- Involved in designing Business Objects Universes, Queries, and Reports.
- Defined the context of the system by creating various use cases.
- Developed system requirements' specifications encompassing Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Developed UML models for modeling static and dynamic aspects of Online Banking System.
- Developed data maps for retrieval of information from existing account systems.
- Outlined security measures for accessibility and transmission of information.
- Applied a standard change control process in tracking defects originating from post-requirement phases.
- Developed plans for verification and validation of requirements at all levels so that, developed software successfully fulfilled user expectations and business needs.
- Assisted the database designer in data modeling through ER diagrams to identify tables, attributes and relationships between tables.
- Worked on creating documentation for the project on daily basis using MS Visual Studio, MS Word and created reports using MS Excel.
- Worked on 3 new and 2 previously written MS Excel Macros Custom Spreadsheets
- Evaluation of reporting tool Business Objects/CM using COTS implementation.
- Negotiated terms with COTS vendors, Maintaining license and subscription.
- Implemented, Maintained and upgraded the COTS based solution.
- Drafted test strategies and test plans to verify accuracy of the functionality,security, fault- tolerance, performance and successful system integration.
- Assisted in documenting User Manual and facilitate UAT and provide follow upto resolve the issues.
- Conducted Regression testing and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Tested applications in different browsers for Browser compatibility.
- Created Test Scripts and Performed Functional and Regression testing usingCaptured and executed Test scripts.
- Status reporting for test execution, defect resolution, productivity and bug statistics.
Environment: UML2.0, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest, MSOffice, Windows 2003, Quality Center
Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in various activities of the project like information gathering, analyzing the information gathered, documenting the Business Requirements as well as functional and system requirements.
- Collected useful requirements to design the user approval and entitlement of the executive system.
- Worked with different resources from different teams for gathering requirements to build documentation. Also gathered requirements via brainstorming sessions and questionnaires from the stakeholders/ business users.
- Wrote the Business requirements, System Requirements and Technical Design Specifications .
- Also created the File specifications for different documents.
- Followed waterfall methodology.
- Prepared business process models used MS Visio to create U se case diagrams.
- Prepared Integration Test Plan which was used by functional team as well as development team for doing a detailed testing on the business application.
- Created ops- job sheets for scheduling jobs.
- Wrote training materials which were used as the medium of training the users in production.
- Involved in transitioning of the implemented projects to the service team.
Environment: Microsoft Word/Excel/Visio, Toad, putty, Remedy, QTP, UML, Windows2003, Linux
Confidential, Hyderabad, India
Business Systems Analyst
- Gathered and analyzed business requirements received from the business users and SMEs.
- Facilitated GAP Analysis session with project manager and project stakeholders to identify the current and ideal state of the current business process.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs, system architects, technical teams and other stakeholders for requirement gathering.
- Developed business and technical specifications such as UML diagrams and Use Cases.
- Kept track of the open and pending issues to be discussed through in-person sessions at all phases.
- Coordinated the development efforts from DBA, QA, Data architect and developers.
- Assisted project manager in developing project scope, milestones and deliverables.
- Responsible for reporting the meeting minutes to the Director of the department.
- Responsible for controlling change by associating specific change requests/ enhancements to theoverall requirement.
- Assisted in creating test scenarios, test cases and test procedures in Mercury Quality Center.
- Participated in system, regression, user acceptance testing (UAT) in Prod Fix.
- Coordinated the production validation after “Go-live” at client’s location.
- Conducted timely analysis and documented inconsistencies between the requirements and the project progress to estimate the project timelines and its various deliverables.
- Served as the liaison between the IT Director and other Team members.
- Developed and maintained project documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle in SharePoint.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS, Mercury Quality Center, Oracle 9i, Louts Notes, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, Share Point.
Confidential, Chennai, India
Jr. Business/ Financial Analyst
- Participant of the Agile team with the responsibility of breaking an epic story into user stories and facilitating the estimation for these stories.
- Prioritized the user stories for release planning and sprint planning. Assisted the technical team to capture the gist of business need with necessary specifics.
- Met with Investor Reporting team to understand the domain and scope of the entire project.
- Performed Gap Analysis to compare the company' s actual performance with its potential performance in terms of loan reports.
- Gathered, analyzed and documented business requirements and supporting business rules and regulations for Loan Activity Report (LAR) as required by ICICI .
- Organized JAD sessions with MDI representatives to assess and document their existing business process for reconciling and resubmitting the rejected loans.
- Analyzed the existing LAR package that generates Loan Activity Report to map data and to identify its compliance with the client's mortgage regulations.
- Examined several mortgage portfolios to document discrepancies between the Daily Cash collections in the ACH and data generation by the Acquisition team .
- Documented Loan Edits caused by transactions codes and payment applications.
- Analyzed the System Specifications; Business Requirements for absolute understanding of the project and created Business System Analysis Reports.
- Created Use Case Model, Data Flow diagram, Sequence diagram to help make the application features transparent resulting in effective and efficient system development.
- Created design specification for supplemental report, Corrective LAR, that would correct discrepancies in the LAR before submitting it to ICICI during the reporting period.
- Developed test plans, test conditions and test cases, using Rational Tools, to be used in testing based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Created Master test plan for testing the application including test cases on MS Word and MS EXCEL.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and also assisted the QA team in testing.
- Documented every change request from Investor Reporting and obtained signoff in each before the system development was initiated.
- Used Sharepoint and JIRA to document every activity and uploaded documents related to the project for future reference.
Environment: SQL Developer, MS Visio, Windows 2000, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, JIRA.