Customer - focused analyst and internal technical consultant with 15+ years’ success integrating business needs with technology solutions. Broad-based expertise in diverse hardware and software leveraged to implement, support, and ensure seamless security and 99%+ uptime for mission-critical systems. Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management talents utilized throughout the project life cycle.
TECHNICAL SKILLSTools: Microsoft Suite, Project, Visio, Rumba, Oracle Expert Advisor, DBII, Ghost, PeopleSoft, WinFax Pro, PFM, Voice/Visual, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, SCCM, Meditech, Medilinks, Crystal Reports; HTML, SharePoint, cloud server, Lansweeper, OS’s, Windows XP/7/8.1, Pointsec
Networking: Microsoft Networks; TCP/IP, DLC Protocols, LAN/WAN frame relay wiring, Ethernet, Client/Server infrastructure; SMS Remote, cellular, Wi-Fi, VPN
Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Blackberry RIM, NIC’s, DSL\Cable, iPhone, iPad
Confidential, Springfield, MA
Client Technology Analyst
Deliver expert technical support and workflow design to diverse users to ensure quality care delivery; investigate, troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, printing, mobile device, network, and server issues. Provide 24x7x365 on-call support, responding in person and remotely to helpdesk tickets. Use active listening skills and effective, accessible communication style to assess needs/concerns, deliver training, and maintain positive relationship between IT department and users. Assist with technology implementation and maintenance; deploy workstation images and software. Prepare user/technical documentation.
- Researched options to utilize one license to be shared among multiple users on a single machine, coordinating with vendor to implement a registry workaround that resulted in 30% cost savings.
- Earned praise for perseverance and technical expertise for successfully researching and implementing solution to peripheral communication following workstation upgrade to Windows 7.
- Served as Project Manager for Windows 7 rollout on laptops, desktops, and Artromick medical carts, tracking progress, budgets, and resource utilization using Excel.
Confidential, Torrington, Connecticut
Technical Support Analyst
Within 24x7x365 environment, delivered exceptional caliber of desktop/network hardware and application support for 20+ remote customers. Utilized active listening to rapidly assess and diagnose issues and expedite resolution while achieving call time goals. Provided on-site and phone-/web-based contract assistance as well as training and helpful technical resources to users. Maintained detailed documentation of calls, issues, solutions, and escalations. Ensured compliance with network security and disaster recovery policies; rapidly responded to system/hardware alarms.
- Successfully maintained full-time schedule while earning A+, Network+, and Security+ designations.
- Played vital role in rolling out cloud computing initiative, including addressing influx of new support issues following implementation of remote storage and access solutions.
- Contributed to enhancements that increased network availability to 99.9%.
Confidential, Bridgeport, Connecticut
Co-launched and operated busy restaurant and catering company. Established cost and inventory controls. Recruited, trained, and supervised 4-member team with specific emphasis on quality, client retention, and safety.
- Successfully motivated teams to exceed performance goals and played vital role in recommending and implementing new computer systems and processes under strict deadlines.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Transitioned to develop business process strategy for key assignments and provided cradle-to-grave support for client engagements following successful Analyst tenure. Established timetables and objectives. Aligned requirements gathering with definition and constructed workflow analysis utilizing Business Process Mapping (BPM). Compiled findings and modeled processes to support planning and implementation. Coordinated with key stakeholders to secure buy-in and final sign-off. As Business Analyst, analyzed and translated client needs applying Rational Unified Process (RUP) tool suite to create Business Requirement and Functional Specification documents. Coordinated Functional/User Acceptance Testing.
- Selected and introduced existing preventative care repository engine into established healthcare services workflow model, improving ROI by 25%.
- Praised by medical teams for forging and sustaining exceptional communication network centered on dynamic and productive working sessions.
- Improved member and provider satisfaction by automating Web-based workflow.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams in creating/delivering high- and low-level weekly project managerial manifests and PowerPoint decks.
- Selected to coordinate 4 of 7 software development life cycle phases for key healthcare application, effectively coordinating among developers and stakeholders.
- Orchestrated successful delivery of Release 1 products and services by leveraging strong working knowledge of internal and external interface dependencies.
- Ensured adherence to APLC project management methodology by utilizing internal procedures and tools as well as identifying areas for methodology improvement.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Technical Production Specialist
Ensured 24/7 application availability and remote user access of diverse Web applications and network infrastructure components. Collaborated with database administrators, architecture management specialists, developers and clients. Consulted on major implementations to evaluate and prevent impacts/compromises to existing systems; monitored logical security. Oversaw modification of service level agreements (SLAs). Developed and deployed security policies for new and existing applications; conducted forensic recovery and analysis in response to security incidents.
- Implemented major coding changes during three-month project to successfully reduce database runtime by 50% for problematic stored procedures and transaction tables.
- Earned “Team Award” in recognition for leadership of pre-implementation initiatives during eight-month project, including SLA deployment, SOX compliance, template development, automated job batching, and a successful 24-hour product release.
- Optimized Shared Crystal Infrastructure server and application performance by identifying root cause in Microsoft code and creating automated scripts to run within environment; presented infrastructure presentation to managers and peers.
- Achieved 99.98 Six Sigma availability by minimizing impact of routine maintenance activities on application and infrastructure access.
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
Network & Distributed Support Analyst
Provided Tier-2 support to complex network infrastructure for Audit department ensuring optimal availability and seamless security within multisite, mobile, and multiplatform environment. Oversaw installation, upgrading, and configuration of software, hardware, and network appliances. Maintained client/server integrity, monitored email use, and administered security permissions for PeopleSoft and Oracle. Collaborated with users to assess issues coordinated resources to speed resolution. Communicated with vendors to resolve complex application issues. Maintained detailed documentation of activities.
- Acted as SMS Administrator with accountability for enhancing productivity and improving procedures; triggered 80% reduction in operating costs in part by nearly eliminating reliance on physical storage for data sharing.
- Introduced eService maintenance process as part of larger Web page redesign to streamline editing requirements and align site with company policy.
- Assisted in maintaining network operating system and security software, including addition of new users and establishment of rights/privileges.
- Supervise other network support technicians and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.