Progressive and client - focused business analyst/business system analyst with solid experience in project management and a record of being able to balance technical skills to successfully drive and support all aspects of a project. Confident with being able to get on board with both current and legacy system environments, and support all major project development lifecycles. Great interpersonal skills and have solid experience working with Business stakeholders, sales, marketing groups, product management, web developers, Q/A testing groups. Can effectively manage concurrent projects, and believes in delivering on time with accurate and quality results. Background includes experience in project management, product development, object modeling, data modeling, data analysis, gap analysis, content analysis, software quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing.
Experienced in finance/banking, workers comp, e-commerce, telecommunications, healthcare, aircraft / aerospace, DOD, casino/gaming, manufacturing product environments and new business ventures supporting: Software application products, product development, sales business management applications, mobile applications, customer care platforms: ordering, provisioning and billing platforms.
- Solid understanding and development of business requirements, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, use cases, and product requirements documentation.
- Experience working in all the major development lifecycles, which include a standard Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Enterprise Unified Process (EUP).
- Solid in project managing and facilitating joint application design sessions to achieve the goals of the project(s) at hand.
- Solid in business diagram development: class, sequence, state, activity, UML class, interaction, business process reverse-engineering/reengineering, gap analysis and traceability.
- Solid knowledge of QA testing (functional testing, unit testing, cross-browser testing, acceptance testing, usability testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing), creation and delivery of test cases and UAT requirements. Support QA efforts in resolving testing issues, testing priorities and business requirements to test requirements conflicts. Worked with Quality Center, Clear Quest QA management tools.
- Solid software applications knowledge: MS Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, SharePoint, Visio, InfoPath Designer and MS Suite), Adobe Acrobat Pro 9, Adobe Design Premium CS5 applications, SnagIt, Data Modeling (Erwin, Rational Rose), Rational RequisitePro, Clear Quest, SharePoint, InfoWorks and TIBCO. Familiar with: Confidential ERP, Salesforce, Drupal, WordPress, Casecomplete, Caliber RM, Google apps, SAP, Web sphere and Informatica. Also familiar with supporting COTS (commercial off the shelf) applications.
- Clear understanding of User Interface: story boarding and wireframes development.
- Clear understand of developing web application demo user guides, user stories, user training and tutorial documentation. Supported branding standards and marketing standards and guidelines development.
- Other skill experience includes: Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Business Process Reverse / Reengineering (BPR), Change Management Component content management system (CCMS), Content Management System (CMS) (Documentum), Data Warehousing, Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Comfortable with Web languages: HTML, JAVA, Adobe Dreamweaver, MS Front Page and data SQL.
- Experienced in mentoring interns to help achieve their goals.
- Experienced in working with IPO Start-ups and new business ventures.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Business Analyst - Consultant
Supported analysis efforts for an internal project to implement new modules to an existing application (COTS) called Service Now for managing IT property assets. Other projects included: to provide data support to implement a new HR database that would allow HR to map employee data to a profile picture of the employee. And, as part of a newly defined IT business analyst role for the client, my role was to help define the roles, responsibilities, objectives, deliverables, analyst process (Agile), and governance to be then documented and presented to IT executive director. Presently hold active Nevada gaming card and have taken online tutorials on Infogenesis and Opera to familiarize myself with industry software applications.
Consultant - Business Analyst - San Francisco, CA
Supported a few new startup ventures with my IT business analysis skill set and Agile knowledge by providing some much needed product detail, user stories and requirement documentation for their new web and mobile applications, google applications, and web content. Secondly during this time, I provided volunteer work and support for many non-profit organizations with small jobs and helping them with their IT needs as well as focused on training and staying up with new IT technologies and industry methodologies, such as CRM applications, Agile, Sales force, Websphere, Drupal, Google Applications, WordPress, Casecomplete and SAP just to name a few.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Business Analyst / Content Analyst
Successfully lead business analysis efforts for many highly visible and most valuable wholesale and treasury business on-line banking portal products, customer care applications and the migration of two very large banking intuitions. Responsibilities included the creation and delivery of all business requirements: functional, non-functional, system, use cases, gap analysis, and data analysis documentation. Acted as/or supported project managers for these projects, played a major role in the creation of user interface storyboarding and wireframes, worked closely with web developers to provide requirement interpretation. Supported Q/A in the creation of test requirements, test cases as well as supported all aspects of the user acceptance testing, and regression testing efforts. Other role included acting as the lead content analyst responsible for identifying the content and asset types for the businesses product applications (COTS) to be migrated into a new Content Management System (CMS) (Documentum to SharePoint). This effort included setting standards, guidelines, policies, procedures, and mapping to the business branding standards. Other duties included seeing that all project documentation were migrated properly into a SharePoint platform that would provide project document file management, collaboration, enterprise searching, and access through intranet portals and social networks.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Lead Senior Business Systems Analyst
Responsible for leading a team of four internal business analyst and three external vendor business analyst in the effort to analyze the present legacy data system and data warehouse, create and review new business requirements, create use case and systems requirements, and prepare for review with internal business leads to achieve its statutory and new business responsibilities. Responsible for reporting to Senior VP’s of project management issues, design issues and status of deliverables from vendor. Introduced the importance of traceability and implementing a process to assure that all new business development artifacts are managed property for future Agile development efforts. Other responsibilities included presenting to senior management levels a comparison study on requirement management tools COTS (IBM’s RequisitePro and Borland’s Caliber RM) that would help achieve the reduction of project productivity and governance.
Confidential, Irvine, CA
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Responsible for leading new modifications and version changes to three primary software applications: Saleslogix, Confidential CRM, and Vantive.