Diverse progressive experience in Information Technology, with an emphasis on System Analysis, Data Analysis and Software Development in Telecom Industry. Experience ranges from analyzing business requirements, to implementing, designing and executing system development life cycle test cases & generating RTM reports. Well - developed organizational, managerial, and interpersonal skills, with the excellent ability to enter new environments and produce immediate results through the use of a flexible style and negotiation tactics using practical skills that are easily transported between different industries; combining an exceptional ease to speak 4 languages: English, French, Spanish, and Arabic.
- Around 6+ years of professional experience as a IT Business Analyst with expertise in gathering Systems and IT requirements, conducting Gap Analysis during Requirement Gathering, Use Cases and writing Test Plans and developing database schemas based on logical models.
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Business Requirement Document Specifications using MS Visio and MS Word.
- Review requirements and understand technical recommendations and constraints, and develop comprehensive and accurate functional specifications; Data Mapping, and process flows.
- Assisted in development of training materials for new technology and process improvements.
- Experience in creating design documentation related to system specifications including user interfaces, security and control, performance requirements and data conversion.
- Developing strategic partnerships with the business unit to develop a solid knowledge base of the business line, including the business plan, products, process and revenue streams
- Proficient in manual and automated testing of applications on Windows and Unix environment
- Excellent skills in writing Test Plans and Test Cases
- Experience in testing Web-based and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Extensive experience in testing Client/Server and Web-based Applications and automated testing tools such as QTP.
- Worked in multiple project including Portfolio management and Customer Access web based application.
- Expertise in Querying and Testing using Oracle SQL server and MS Access for data integrity.
- Strong understanding of Product life cycle management and SDLC methodologies including RUP, Waterfall and Agile
- Expertise in Agile software development and release management.
- Used Quality Center for Bug Reporting and communicating to developers, product support and testing members.
- Very good experience in Back-End Testing using SQL on UNIX and Windows platform to validate the consistency of data
- Maintained Test Matrix and Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Gap Analysis.
- Proficient knowledge in various types of Software Testing such as Functional testing, Integrated testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, Data Driven Testing, Backend Testing and Regression Testing.
- Good working knowledge of major Operating Systems such as Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and UNIX
- Extensive knowledge of a QA Methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to adapt to new and dynamic environments
- Good team leader, Player and can work alone with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with time constraints while paying attention to details
- Good problem-solving, judgment, and decision-making skill
- Hands-on experience in Environment Testing, TCP/IP, Linux Operating System, LINUX Shell Scripting, SIP/VoIP network analysis and Network Management System (SNMP)
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP system study, developing Database schema like Star Schema and Snowflake Schema used in multidimensional modeling
- Strong analytical skills in database design, querying in SQL Server, COBOL, DB2, Sybase and Oracle.
- Expertise in testing GSM and CDMA networks which involves verification of Voice calls, Data calls & IP based a scenario that uses various protocols like VOIP, SIP.
- Very good at developing Automation Frame works (Modular, Key-word Driven, Hybrid)
- Skilled in the Functional/Regression/Stress Testing of VOIP applications & Products, network analyzation tool and web services testing
- Expert in GSM/CDMA/UMTS/LTE protocols Testing
Methodologies: UML, RAD, RUP, JAD, Agile
Requirement Tracking: Rational Requisite Pro, Mercury’s Test Director, Telelogic Doors
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, QTP
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Test Director, JIRA, and PVCS Tracker, SharePoint
Performance Testing Tools: MetaTrader, Rational Suite Performance Studio
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/98/2000/XP, Unix, Macintosh
Web/Design Tools: HTML, XML, MS Front Page, Adobe Photoshop,
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
ProgrammingLanguages: C, C++, COBOL, JAVA, PL/SQL, PHP,
Location: Murray Hill, NJ
Position: IT Business Analyst
- Facilitated sessions to gather problems, issues and solution for current system from different businesses during the discovery phase of the application
- Gathered high level requirements and analyzed and validate them with the SME and development team
- Facilitated the session with businesses and Development team to calculate the LOE (Level of Effort) to estimate the timeline for the project.
- Created the Technical Requirements document (TRD) ensuring all the key scenarios are tested.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Wire Frames with Use Case, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements using RUP methodology and documented the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Provided hands on agile project management approach & planning, apply strategy and scrum framework in various projects/phases, set team's objectives and goals.
- Understanding the Amdocs proposed Solution, mapping it with the requirements and doing the Gap analysis.
- Involved in the meeting with Business process owners, SME (subject matter experts), Loss and Prevention, Store operation, Finance, Sales Audit and Marketing Team for Requirements gathering in Definition Stage
- Conducted a Requirement validation session to validate the requirements form provider and the receiver prospective to find out the feasibility and ambiguity of the requirements.
- Created Use Case for different scenarios and validate them with Business partners and development team.
- Assisted PM to assign, determine scope and diversity of involvement, and resources needed, necessary contacts and required procedural actions.
- Extensively used Requisite Pro to manage the functional, business as well as non-functional requirements and keep track each and every change on requirements.
- Analyzed the different data sets such as credit card, debit card, gift card etc from the RTMS database.
- Coordinated different business partners, development team, and QA team for the calculation of Level effort during the project initiation and determined the scope of the project based on the viability of resources and time line.
- Analyzed and validated the User Interface (UI) of the system with the requirements
- Prepared and executed different SQL Queries against the Oracle and Sybase Database.
- Used Collaboration Processes as BPMN approach for processes and interactions between different entities such as POS, RTMS, and Sales Audit etc.
- Analyzed and gathered the different data set during the Data mapping process from the Provider and other parities database.
- Conducted weekly meeting with the Project Manager and other team members of the project to update the project process.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QuickTestPro, JIRA, Agile, Android (All Devise), Windows 2000/XP, Oracle SQL, XML/HTML
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position: Business System Analyst
- Conduct user interviews and provide translation to development team. Perform user-acceptance testing.
- Create efficiencies in workflow process, document procedures, ad-hoc accounting assignments.
- Worked with the business users to define business requirements and analyse the possible technical solutions.
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, and observing from account managers and UI (User Interface).
- Interacted with fixed income business heads to finalize the Business Requirements for the Risk Management process.
- Analyzed User Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Technical Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS).
- Prepared and analysed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis.
- Developed and maintained relationships with clients on all on-going projects.
- Responsible for the completion of projects within specified time and budget dealing with financials, project workflow, change management and dealing with vendor relationships.
- Involved as a team lead for analyzing all technical and business requirements to create Test Plan Executions and daily reports with the Project Manager.
- Managed a new project “AGILE “for Opus Mobile customer service applications implemented on Apple’s iPaddevice interface.
- Participating actively in Amdocs Discovery and Scoping session.
- Assigned to the ITPOS SO CTO Mobility project with AT&T as a role of Spanish and English language testing associate for AT&T Kiosk machines(in which I discovered and flagged 2 criticalglitchesthatcould haveharmed the internalsecurity of the machines ) and involved in other critical retail applications such as Welcome Center Touch Pad Screens.
- Responsible for the day-to-day Kiosk application systems, and Opus Mobile software applications for Functional &Regression execution testing,while supporting activities like conducting in-depth qualitative and quantitative analysis, test designing, test planning to making recommendations and discovering new approaches for application developments for future enhancements, and raising potential technical defects.
Environment: BSS, OSS, Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, RequisitePro, ClearCase, ClearQuest), Agile, Visual Basic, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Java (J2EE), MS SharePoint, LoadRunner, WinRunner
Location: Washington, DC.
Position: Business System Analyst
- Performed software testing/Feature testing and field testing for Motorola’s GSM cell phones (2G, 3G) using existing Motorola on the shelf tools for validating advanced and latest features such as UMA, WiFi, EDGE, FOTA, WAP, Blue Tooth, Radio DJ, Music Id, Opera Browser, PC synchronization using MPT, OZ email application and various other Java applications and games.
- Performed Sanity Tests, Feature Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Test, System Testing and load/stress test cases.
- Involved in requirement gathering including interviews, brainstorms and meetings with stakeholders and created requirement specification document.
- Documentation of requirement gathering, BRS/FRS, Use Cases.
- Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Worked with Test Architects in the clarification/simplification of test case procedures and pass criteria due to ambiguous customer requirements.
- Captured and submitted mobile logs, using internal proprietary logging tools, when submitting defect reports.
- Making sure that the proposed solution provided by Amdocs is efficient and fulfill the business needs.
- Worked with software development engineers on reproducing submitted defects and testing their defect resolution builds.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database for Data Validation and Data Integrity.
- Raised and reviewed the bug and their fixes for the tests done.
- Responsible for testing Motorola mobile devices on various platforms like LJ (Linux Java) Symbian and P2K.
- Assisted other engineers on test suite development, execution and debugging.
- Reviewed test cases developed from customer requirement definitions.
- Assisted and performed data collection for creating database for developing internal tools that improved product testing cycle time and testing coverage.
Environment: UML, RUP, SDLC, MS Office package, MS Visio, Agile, Use Case, MS SharePoint 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Position: Business/Quality Analyst
- Prepared Test Plan and Test Cases according the business requirements.
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Interacted with the Users, Designers, Developers and Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes and gathered Business Requirements for Personal Client Information Systems (PCIS).
- Experienced working with business analysts, developers, management and end users in a cross functional Agile Scrum team.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing datamapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Implement and maintain Auto (e.g. bug-fix, data integration, version release) systems of assigned customers
- Involved in preparing QA sizing document and QA Sign Off document based on the Test Plan approved by the Project Manager, QA lead and developers.
- Used MS Visio for Process modeling and Business Process flow diagrams
- Developed test cases after analyzing the specifications document.
- Writing test cases to test the Performance of the application manually.
- Conducted Functionality and Regression testing during the various phases of the application.
- Involving in writing SQL queries and Database Checkpoints to verify data quality and calculations, reviews
- Execution of test scripts using Selenium.
- Worked with System Administrator closely in setting up QA and testing environment
- Involved in the gathering of Business Requirements, Functional and System Specification.
- Created Test cases and Test matrices for integration and system testing
- Worked on Test scenarios for GUI, Functionality, Security, Database and Regression Testing
- Used various techniques like Ramp up, Ramp down, Transaction Point in Load Runner.
- Performed Manual Testing for Screen Navigation.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium.
- Created and maintained test matrix and tractability matrix.
- Performed manual testing on different modules of the application.
- Reported problems/bugs found using Quality Center
- Performed load test to check the system behavior and resolved the performance issues.
- Wrote Test scripts for the Data Integrity Testing and Back End Testing
- Conducted result analysis and interacted with developers to resolve bugs.
- Participated in the walkthroughs and project meetings.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Load Runner, SOAP UI, Selenium, Windows 2000/XP/VISTA, Oracle SQL, XML Spy, WebSphere Application Server, Agile, Scrum.