- Over 9 years of experience as a Business Analyst in the in requirement gathering, analysis and business processes management with a strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, RUP and Agile methodologies.
- Extensive experience in creating and analyzing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specifications Document and Systems Requirements Specifications (SRS).
- Leading JAD sessions to facilitate discussions of Requirements Scope, Priority, and Dependencies. Work with application Architects, Developers, Testing teams thereby coordinating efforts
- Experienced in performing Gap Analysis and SWOT Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure and server technology with new business requirements.
- Coordinating efforts within a team of Project Managers, reporting Actual costs, projecting estimated forecasts, and evaluating reports on monthly basis.
- Adept in using MS office applications like MS Visio to draw UML diagrams like Activity, Sequence, Collaboration, Use case diagrams, Workflows, Data Flow Diagrams.
- Expertise in Equity Valuation, Quantitative Methods, Portfolio Management Theory and Applications.
- Profound knowledge in Options, Futures and Derivatives, expert in Corporate Finance, Budget Allocation and Forecasting and excellent understanding of Investment strategies & World trade markets.
- Dedicated & Self - motivated, proven leadership capabilities and time management skills. Proven track record of adding significant value while participating on project teams following a structured project management methodology.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skills to gather requirement.
- Possess a strong work ethic, goal oriented, and experienced in group and project management.
Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/8, MS Office Suites (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio), RUP, Test Director, Crystal Reports, Business Object, Rational Requisite Pro,UML (Unified Modeling Language), Microsoft SQL Server (2000 & 2005), Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Crystal Reports (9i, 11i), SharePoint, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Lead Business Analyst
Environment: Microsoft Office 2010, MS Visio, MS SQL Server 2008, Oracle HR, EMS
- Extracted the business requirements for the end users keeping in mind their need for the application and developed the BRDs
- Acted as the SME, while conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders.
- Conducted Impact and GAP analysis on the business requirement.
- Modified existing workflow to accommodate change request from the client.
- Updated Impact and Trace Matrix.
- Using information gathered from the stakeholders; produced various artifacts such as use-case specifications, software requirements specifications, screen mock-ups, workflow, Functional. Specification Documents, use case/diagrams and activity diagrams as per GE SDLC methodology
- Maintained ongoing communication with back-end developers ensuring that modifications and requirements were addressed in a time manner and monitored all revisions.
- Participated in functional and technical reviews.
- Worked with QA team to design test strategy and test cases f or User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Liaise with technical, project management, SME, client teams and other Business Analysts spread across globally to assist in the development, testing and deployment of application based on their region.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
Lead Business Systems Analyst
Environment: Sybase Power Designer, MS Visio, MS SQL Server, Team Foundation Server, C#, Visual Studio, Biz talk Server, MS Office Suite,MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint Services, Visual C#, Web Services, XML, EDI X12, Trizzetto FACETS, Mainframe, DB2
- Communicated the Gap process Analysis and fed that into the requirements traceability matrix.
- Worked on designing processes & sub-processes & confirming it against the functional requirements.
- Designing Functional Specifications for the target physical database.
- Created processes for capturing mapping between the source data, cleansed database and target structures.
- Facilitated JAD sessions for Requirement Validation with DHHS to gather requirements for the new MMIS.
- Decomposed policies into business rules for the edits & audits performed by the new system.
- Analyzed different data cross-walks, complicated logic & looked ups required by different fields for the source to target transformations.
- Prepared Risk Assessment artifacts for the different deliverables of the project WBS.
- Performed in-depth analysis of the ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) and validate it against the system design.
- Performed Compliance-checks on all inbound/outbound HIPAA-regulated EDI transactions using FACETS.
- Used FACETS Medicaid functionality to efficiently handle claims processing as well as enrollment, medical-management and workflow processes.
- Analyzed EDI - X12 data elements captured by the existing system to validate it against the data elements required for new system.
- Converted the logical request and response documents into the physical XML schema, compile a Data Dictionary and convert the logical data model into a physical data model that will be implemented within SQL Server RDBMS.
- Prepared the road map for the physical implementation of the Data Conversion Strategy.
- Create monthly/weekly status reports to update the project schedules & deliverable plan.
- Examined the system design deliverables & validating it against the Rfp.
- Map the data and business processes to the MITA (Medicaid Information Technology Architecture) -aligned architecture and revise the target as necessary to eliminate any CIGNAMMIS gaps.
- Break down the services from the CIGNA MMIS Logical Design into multiple layers of normalized functionality that correspond to utility services, general business services and Medicaid specific services
- Proposed strategies to implement HIPAA 4010 in the new MMIS system & eventually move to HIPAA 5010.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Environment: Windows, SQL, Microsoft Office tools, Business Objects, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, UML.
- Obtained a detailed knowledge of business process involved in the project environment.
- Gathered requirements from Business Partners.
- Established Business Analysis methodology using Agile Extreme Programming to create Architecture and Interaction models.
- Interacted with numerous internal groups and formed productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across the organization.
- Used business process modeling techniques for reengineering.
- Conducted Gap Analysis to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system.
- Generated reports using business objects.
- Extensively involved in JAD sessions to converge early towards a design acceptable to the customer and feasible for the developers.
- Involved in the back office operations using data from Bloomberg.
- Generated advanced reports related company’s performance that would help the business users in managing their portfolio.
- Helped the business users in portfolio management by giving additional information such as; beta value, target price and performance charts for the last five years.
- Created artifacts and defined milestones and iterations plan for inception and elaboration phases.
- Assisted in testing the application whether all the user requirements were catered to by the application.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application for intended users.
Confidential, Sioux Falls, SD
Environment: JSP/Servlets, JDBC, Cognos, Informatica, web sphere, UNIX, MS-Project, Visio, Rational Rose, clear case, Requisite Pro, Oracle
- Drove the requirement-gathering phase (Provider, Claim components and HIPAA).
- Created and tested Scripts for the premium calculations and Claims limits and deductibles (Claims calculations).
- Developed Base line scripts for testing the future releases of the application
- Applying the SQL scripts to the test database and execution of the scripts on the database
- Work with business representatives to understand data marts requirements and priorities and ensure that IT work is appropriately aligned
- Studied Oracle 11i data elements and provide a mapping from the existing legacy system.
- Responsible for creating business work flows and processes and creating management reports based on the analysis.
- Conducted joint discussion sessions with business users, stakeholders to understand the requirements in more detail.
- Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by development team and QA team to make sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Maintained Test Matrix with the test results obtained.
- Followed the OOAD based methods using Rational rose to create use cases, activity diagram, sequence diagram, collaboration diagram that include functional and non-functional specifications to hand off to development teams.
- Work experience in maintaining datamarts dealing with ETL (extraction, transformation, and load) using Oracle and Informatica.
- Dealt with data mapping issues between various source systems and staging area and data-marts.
- Worked with Business users to come up with Reporting Requirements. Reports were developed in Cognos.
- Used the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to build the different phases of Software development life cycle.
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database tables.
- Interaction with the business user and the IT team for understanding the requirements.
- Came up with test cases for various reports on the data marts and identified that the test case documents are updated timely.
- Defects and bug testing by using Rational ClearQuest, Configuration management and Version control with ClearCase.
- Review of high-level design document and low level design of classes and sequence diagrams.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Environment: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Rose, MS-Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Outlook), MS Visio, SQL Server.
- Served as a liaison between the business team, project team by assisting the business team in identifying, understanding, and documenting their business needs. Collected and documented business processes as well as business rules.
- Created UML Diagrams like Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Process flow diagrams to elaborate the new processes using Rational Rose.
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and observations of account managers and UI (User Interface) of the existing Broker Portal system.
- Built and maintained market financial analysis models.
- Conducted controlled brainstorming sessions with project focus groups.
- Analyzed and prioritized user and business requirements that were included while developing the software.
- Planned and defined system requirements to Use Cases and Test Plans.
- Conducted JAD sessions with management, SME (Subject Matter Expertise), vendors, users and other stakeholders to develop specifications.
- Created and managed project templates, use case project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Requisite Pro.
- Authored progress and completion reports, which were submitted to project manager on a weekly basis.
- Wrote Test Cases and developed strategies with Quality Assurance group to implement them.