- Overall 11 years of experience in all phases of design, development and implementation of Oracle PeopleSoft Campus Solutions software for higher education, Financials, HCM, ELM, EPM, Portal, with several versions such as 8.8, 8.9, 9.0,, 9.1, 9.2. Very adept and strong technical expertise in Integration Broker, Workflow, Application Engine, Work Centers, Fluid, Change Assistance, PUM, SQR, People Tools, People Code, PS Query, PS/n - Vision and Crystal Reports.
- Experience in PeopleSoft Financials (GL, AR, AM, AP, Project Costing and Budgets), PeopleSoft Distributions/SCM (Billing, Purchasing, eProcurement, OM, Inventory, Product Configuration) PeopleSoft Manufacturing (Cost Management), PeopleSoft HCM (Benefits Administration, Payroll, T&L, TAM (e-Recruitment), e-Benefits, e-Pay, e-Compensation, e-Bill, Manager Self Service, Employee Self Service, Absence Management and e-Profile), ELM, Portal and Campus Solutions.
- Proficient in all phases of the systems development lifecycle, including Requirements gathering, Data Conversion, System Implementation, Customization, System Testing and User Acceptance.
- Excellent working knowledge of People Tools (including Application Designer, Application Engine, Workflow, Integration Broker, XML Publisher, Security, Import Manager, Data Mover, Process scheduler, Work Centers, Fluid, Change Assistance, PUM, Tree Manger, Query and all other People tools).
- Experienced in coordinating, negotiating and motivating Onsite and off-shore resources in support of time line and project deliverables.
- Extensively worked with Security Administrator to implement security in various levels. Creating Roles, Permission Lists, User Profiles, Portal Security, folders, Content References and Definition Security.
- Created and updated functional specifications to support the PeopleSoft modules, including developing business case (i.e. define the problem, pros, cons, suggestions, cost/benefit analysis; recommendations), identifying and documenting requirements and developing alternative approaches or workarounds.
- Experience in business-related project milestones such as in Requirements Gathering, Data Modeling (logical and physical design of databases), Business Gap Analysis, Unit/Integration Testing, Data Migration, User Training, and System Maintenance.
- Expertise in both Technical/Functional areas includes Analysis, Design, Document, Development, etc.
Application Software: PeopleSoft Campus Solution Modules, FSCM 8.8, 8.9, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, ELM 9.1, 9.2, Campus Solution 8.8,8.9, 9.0,9.1,9.2, HCM 8.9, 9.0, 9.1, 9.2.
PeopleSoft CS Modules: Admissions and Recruitment, Student Financials, Student Records, Hostel Management System, Academic Advertisement, Gradebook
Tools: People Tools (version 8.45, 8.47, 8.52, 8.53), Application Designer, Application Engine, SQR, Integration Broker, Process Scheduler, Data Mover, PS Query, AWE
Databases: DB2, and File Manager for DB2, DB2 Control Center, IBM DB2 tools/utilities, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL
PeopleSoft Financials: GL, KK, eProcurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable/ Billing, Asset Management, Cash Management
MS Office: (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint); SharePoint, SPSS, FoxPro
Planning: Program/Project Governance, Risk Management, Project Plan & Communications, Budget Creation, Scope Refinement, Benefits Realization, Resource Planning, ERP SW & Vendor Selection, Project Deliverables, Testing Plan, Conversion Plan, Training Plan, Rollout Plan.
Testing: Unit, System, Integration, Performance, UAT, E2E), Data Conversion, Training Development & Delivery, Rollout, Legacy Decommission, Benefits Delivery, Operations Transition
Post Implementation Support: Governance Transition, Operational Budget, IT Operations Support, Business Operations Support, Vendor Maintenance, Ongoing Business Value Management Managed (Cloud) Services supporting PeopleSoft, & 3rd Party Applications.
Sr. Business System Analyst- PeopleSoft Lead
Confidential -Tampa, FL
- Provided customer service and answer student inquiries regarding financial status and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Implemented PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.2 version for Academic Structure, Campus Community, Admissions, Student Records, Academic Advisement, Gradebook, Self Service, Student Financials, Academic Pay, Hostel and Mess Management, Commitment Accounting, Training and Placement, Online Admissions, Attendance Management, Financial Aid modules.
- Coordinated with the financial aid staff about the implementation of upgrades, patches, testing, and all functional issues related to PeopleSoft software systems.
- Conducted financial aid presentations and workshops to students, families, and guidance counselors.
- Modified People Code and made online modifications to pages, components etc. in Academic Structure, Campus Community, Student Records and Academic Advisement modules.
- Managed the satisfactory academic progress requirements, policies, and procedures for financial aid students.
- Worked on tuning PeopleSoft Queries used by the users. Increasing the performance of the queries used in various SQR's and Application Engine programs.
- Facilitated Gradebook and Enrollment Management training, and Delivered Strategies for Success training.
- Worked with business partners to implement price increases and price changes in the student financial systems.
- Configured and supported maintenance of tables and fields across HRMS and Campus Solutions for implementation projects, feature pack updates and production support.
- Specialized in Campus Community, Student Records, Academic Advising and HRMS Core Foundation.
- Fulfilled ad-hoc requests for data and provides consultation to internal customers on how to best make use of student financial systems resources.
- Trained staff, counselors and administrator of any developments and upgrades within the Financial Aid module.
- Thorough understanding of a wide-range of information about admissions, enrollment and graduation requirements for new and current students.
- Designed and implemented procedures regarding admissions, registration, scholarships, academic advising, new student orientation, etc.
- Prepared applications, compiled paperwork and data for accreditation, assessment and program reviews.
- Hired, trained and supervised staff and provided information about changes in department and University policies and procedures.
- Conducted follow-up with students and high school counselors to obtain missing documents, complete applications, and communicate admissions decisions and next steps.
- Designed Technical design specs, program coding/debugging, unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing in Financial Aid, Student Records, and Student Financials, Admissions, Campus Community modules.
- Ensured that student records are properly filed and saved within the PeopleSoft platform and best practices are observed and implemented in ensuring privacy of student data.
- Participated in the collection and disposal of sensitive records, while ensuring privacy standards are met.
- Designed and implemented custom PeopleSoft email Workflow for the Admissions and Student Records modules.
- Managed student records and process registration activities and update official student records through CMS PeopleSoft and various automated systems.
- Extensively involved in setting up Degrees, Degree Honors, Posting Degrees and Academic Plans in Student Records Module.
- Provided production support to Student Record, Student Financial, Financial Aid Admission, GL, AP, Purchasing.
- Designed and Implemented Application Messaging between Student Financial, Payroll and Finance.
- Responsible for technical review and standards of all design and construction impacting production system.
- Configured and maintained multiple web servers in PeopleSoft Campus 9.2 application and analyzed and interpreted data to inform departmental recruitment and yield strategy.
- Oversee the management of student data within the PeopleSoft environment and provided ad-hoc reporting and analysis related to student information.
PeopleSoft Business System Analyst
Confidential - Downers Grove, IL
- Acted as overall business liaison to technical resources for systems configuration and implementation activities.
- Assisted clients with the implementation and optimization of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions 9.1 modules.
- Structured Campus Solutions Frameworks and utilities; 3C's (Communication, Checklists and Comments), AAWS, Pop Select, BI Publisher and PeopleSoft Query to improve client’s business processes.
- Performed complex analysis, evaluation, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions application specific to the functional needs of Admissions, Student Services and Campus Community, including admission, recruitment, financial aid, student accounts, records, registration, transcript and diploma processing, graduation evaluation, and quality service operations.
- Designed and monitored the fiscal campus budget to ensure the campus can continue to achieve its mission and objectives and achieve corporate goals.
- Concentrated on Campus Solution Modules Financial Aid, Student Administration, Campus Self Service, Student Financials, Academic Advising, Student Records, Contributor Relations, and Gradebook.
- Ensured compliance to Department of Education and corporate policies and procedures regarding Title IV Financial Aid Funds.
- Utilized PS Query to build and run complex queries to support Student Financials business processes.
- Guided and monitored all aspects of academics to ensure that quality educational opportunities are provided to students.
- Provided accurate and timely submission of payroll and accounts payable to central administration, as well as other records and reports requested from central administration.
- Responsible for the set-up, data-mapping and configuration in support of out of the box functionality of the Academic Advisement, Campus Self-Service, Financial Aid, Gradebook, Recruiting and Admissions, Student Administration, Student Financials, Student Records and Campus Community modules within the Campus Solutions application suite.
- Provided on-site university management with direction and professional development designed to increase their management effectiveness, reduce turnover and decrease liabilities.
- Monitored and participated in all departmental activities to ensure personnel are operating within and following the policies and procedures of the university.
- Processed all financial aid, cash, direct bill and corporate deferral paperwork for student accounts.
- Participated in multiple training sessions, including Academic Structure, Student Financials, Financial Aid, Equation Engine, PS Query and PeopleSoft Test Framework.
- Suggested appropriate business process changes to minimize required systems customizations and/or configuration effort.
- Developed Technical design specs, program coding/debugging, unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing in Financial Aid, Student Records, and Student Financials, Admissions, Campus Community modules.
- Design and produce gradebook reports; work in conjunction with district IT department to create computer generated report cards via gradebook software.
- Utilized extensive knowledge of University/department policies and procedures to inform constituents, answer questions, investigate and resolve problems related to student accounts, records, graduation, the wide range of academic's support, student engagement and community engagement services available to students on- campus.
- Carefully evaluated student inquiries, preform required analysis and review of available options including: accuracy, accountability, empathy, active listening, efficient problem solving, security and confidentiality with close attention to detail.
- Performed routine administrative services including admission status, financial aid student records, and student accounts, handles routine customer complaints, and coordinates solutions.
- Handled the tasks of providing technical direction for developing, designing and integrating systems for PeopleSoft Human Resources, PeopleSoft Financial (GL, AP, Purchasing) and Student Financial, Student Record and Admission.
- Assigned the tasks of generating technical solutions to develop business and execute tactical plan to meet data requirements across multiple Oracle PeopleSoft platforms.
- Handled the tasks of reviewing and applying PeopleSoft bundles during various stages of development life cycle.
- Develop and monitor both short-term and long-term strategic plans for the campus and assigned the tasks of monitoring and reviewing the work of the development team.
- Responsible for integration between Finance, Learning Solution and HR systems and was responsible for updating project manager regarding status of development efforts.
Confidential - Washington, DC
- Acted as the subject matter expert for initial implementation of PeopleSoft HCM and Campus Solutions 9.0 for Admissions & Campus Community.
- Responsible for gathering new business requirements, on-going configuration updates and end-user testing.
- Directed and managed all aspects of staff recruitment activities which included the full staffing lifecycle of recruiting, hiring, training, engaging and supervising Recruiters.
- Ensured that overall objectives, goals, plans, budgets, policies, practices and actions produced desired student recruitment results.
- Applied strategic planning, prioritization and project management skills toward consistently achieving critical deadlines.
- Conducted on-going training, interview observations and professional development of the Admissions Team to ensure optimal productivity, performance, and compliance to all state and federal regulations.
- Spearheaded and directed implementation of Banner & Salesforce in the Southeast region, resulting in greater speed and access to information for all departments.
- Created a winning climate to manage and continuously map out Individual Development Plan that kept employees engaged in their person Career Advances.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing for all PeopleSoft improvements affecting users and stores and designed PeopleSoft security configurations of profiles and roles.
- Created release notes, test Plans and training material and tracked change requests and monitored workload and schedule.
- Scheduled meetings with developers, System Analysts and testers for project completion and managed workload, schedules, and coordinated status review meetings with project members.
- Responsible for creating specifications for changes to system and works with appropriate technical team to ensure changes are performed correctly.
- Reviewed and wrote UAT test cases and coordinated user acceptance testing (UAT) and end user training.
- Updated requirements as per business user's feedback and changes in functionality of the applications.
- Established the appropriate utilization of new features in the PeopleSoft upgrade release to maximize the web-based capabilities.
- Trained employees on PeopleSoft processing and query development and created functional requirements as an input to application design.
- As requested, undertake project based duties in the IT system implementation lifecycle such as analysis and testing.
- Involved in requirement gathering from user through meetings, understanding the business from end user and technical perspective.
- Built prototype reports from excel spreadsheets during the requirement-gathering phase to visualize the reports and clarify requirements.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Facilitated collection of requirements from system users, and involved in Business and Requirement Specification documents.
- Researched variances and recommended corrective actions to ensure integrity of processes and data within PeopleSoft ERP system and enhance system value.
- Prepared financial reports to external departments through series of PeopleSoft data queries and monthly operating statements.
- Gathered user and business requirements through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, and web exploring.
- Spearhead creation of financial reports and data mining with nVision and PeopleSoft Query reporting tools.
- Support PeopleSoft Human Capital Management HR system involving workforce and labor administration and HCM setup configurations.
- Resource for PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management integrated application including setup configuration of catalogs, resources and vendors.
- Created Use Cases, Use Case Scenario and Use Case Narrative using the UML (Unified Modeling Language) methodologies.
- Involved in migration of data from PeopleSoft HCM to Workday HCM and Implemented conversion of data from legacy System to PeopleSoft Application database by using SQL Loader, Import Manager and by writing SQR programs.
- Designed the integration of Absence Management and Extended Absence Management in Oracle PeopleSoft.
- Served as a liaison between business users and IT team and Implemented business process analysis, business process modeling and business process re-engineering techniques.
- Performed JRP/JAD sessions and developed detailed requirements and preliminary design such as conceptual design for the application and created UML diagrams to clarify the requirements.
- Created Mock-up forms in MS word for better visualization and understanding of the software solution.
- Involved in UAT Test Plan, organized and conducted User Acceptance Testing with clients and worked as a part of support team.
- Reviewed and created test cases to perform Functional Testing, Security Access Testing, End-to-End Testing and Regression testing.
- Executed SQL queries, PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers on back end as a part of data analysis and data validation.
- Assisted QA team to better understand requirements and helped them in test plans and test cases.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Created and managed project templates, use case templates, requirement types, and tractability matrix in Requisite Pro.
- Performed activities supporting QA team in STLC, test plan, test cases, test resources, manual testing and automation.
- Created custom reports and calculated fields for HCM and reporting purposes and performed PeopleSoft system configuration maintenance.
- Created and maintained all trees for future financial reporting and combo-editing needs and wrote specifications and test new PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface rollout for HCM.
Confidential - McLean, VA
- Prepared monthly and quarterly reports and analyses related to the financial close process, budgeting and forecasting.
- Analyzed year to year plan for better commission plan according to department decision.
- Worked with the project manager to estimate best/worst case scenarios, track progress with weekly estimates of remaining work to do, conducting informal meetings ad hoc and as needed.
- Prepared the Business Workflow using MS-Visio with input, output, Pre and Post conditions and worked with the clients on the final signing process in the User Acceptance stages.
- Consulted business partners during user acceptance and testing sessions and served as technical contact for business intelligence client applications for Sales, Finance and Distribution verticals.
- Responsible for submitting status reports to management summarizing completed projects/tasks
- Gathered requirements for reporting, UAT Plan, Test Plans, and Test cases and assisted Team in attaining the desired target.
- Produced various business documents such as business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirements Document (FRD), and Non-Functional Requirements Document (NFRD), business Process Documents, business Flow Documents, User Training Manuals, User Interface Specifications.
- Reviewed and wrote UAT test cases and coordinating user acceptance testing (UAT) and end user training.
- Facilitated JAD session and one to one interviews to understand and analyze the requirements and arranged review meetings and discussed issues with developers and other team members.
- Updated requirement document as per business user's feedback and changes in functionality of the applications.
- Reviewed the business requirements document with the business and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Implemented different phases of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) including Strategic Systems Planning, Designing, Programming, Testing, Documentation, and presentation to clients and preparing customer specifications as part of software technical requirements and Customer support.
- Worked closely with business partners, SMEs and product owners to understand the process and requirement elicitation and analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing and negotiating customer requirements and prepared the requirements specification document.