- Having total 10+ years of IT - Experience as ETL, Informatica, BODS, Database and Reporting QA consultant
- Worked in Different Business Segments Oil Gas, Banking, HealthCare, and Retail Domain
- Involved in SCD Type 2 implementation Data, Integration testing with SAP Systems, SAP BW and Non SAP Systems as a source to BODS/INFORMATICA, by implementing Data Ware House with Star Schema, Snow flake Schema
- Smart experience in SAP HANA Data and Sqlserver/Oracle loads testing by ETL (INFORMATICA/BODS)
- Nice hands On Experience in Getting the data, Preparing test data Preparing Test case scenarios
- Preparing Test scenarios based on technical spec document and source target mapping documents
- Data Collection work participating with business users and ETL developers
- Experience in gathering of the User Requirements, and involved in preparing the documents like detailed Functional Design documents and Report Design Details documents for the reports testing and DWH Testing
- Excellent work experience with SQLServer, Oracle, SSIS, TOAD,, SQLPlus, Salesforce and Mainframes, Test Center, Test Lab, defect management and all other Flat File Extraction
- Good understanding of the Scrum Agile practice and Smart Experience As sacrum Master
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP, UNIX, Linux, Sun Solaris
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting
Bug Reporting: Mercury Test Director 8.0, HP Quality Center11.00, and Bugzilla
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, Sybase ASE
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8/7.1.2/5.1.1/5.0 ., Ab initio Cooperating system (2.14/2.15), SAP BODS
Database Tools: TOAD 4.5, SQL Navigator 4.0, MS Sql server Management Studio
App Servers: BEA Web logic, JBOSS, IBM Web sphere, IIS, JWS, PWS
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 10.0/XI R2, SAP Business Objects
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Confidential, CA
ETL QA CONSULTANT- SCA QA Lead
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA, BODS (4.2), HANA (1.X), SAP-BO (4.0), SQLSERVER, ORACLE, HP-QC, INFORMATION STEWARD, REDWOOD, QUICK VIEW, SQL SERVER.
- Developed complex SQL queries for querying data against different data bases for data verification process.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application
- Developed ETL test scripts based on technical specifications/Data design documents and Source to Target mappings.
- Extensively interacted with developers, business& management teams to understand the OPM project business requirements and ETL design document specifications.
- Participated in regular project status meetings and QA status meetings.
- Extensively used and developed SQL scripts/queries in backend testing of Databases.
- Written test cases to test the application in Quality Center 9.0 and 11.0(ALM)
- Defects identified in testing environment are communicated to the developers using Quality Center - Defects module.
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support
- Setting up, monitoring and using Job Control System in Development/QA/Prod
- Extensively worked with flat files and excel sheet data sources. Wrote scripts to test the flat files data in the databases,
- Scheduling and automating jobs to be run in a batch process
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats
- Worked with ETL groups and Acquisition team and business analyst for understating mappings for dimensions and facts
- Extracted data from various sources like Oracle, flat files and DB2 server, Sqlserver.
- Worked on issues with migration of Data from development to QA-Test Environment
ETL QA CONSULTANT
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICAPOWERCENTER, HANA (1.X), BO (4.0), SAP-ECC, SQLSERVER, ORACLE, HP-QC, DATA STAGE, DATA COLLECTION, EXCEL MARCOS, QUICK VIEW, TOAD, SQL PLUS
- Developed high level test matrix based on business requirements, functional and technical specifications, and development standards for assigned projects/applications
- Developed test cases based on test matrix including test data preparation for Data Completeness, Data Transformations, Data quality, Performance and scalability.
- Developed SQL queries /scripts to validate the data such as checking duplicates, null values, truncated values and ensuring correct data aggregations.
- Performed data quality analysis using advanced SQL skills.
- Performed Count Validation, Dimensional Analysis, Statistical Analysis and Data Quality Validation in Data Migration.
- Extensive SQL querying on Staging, Data warehouse andDataMarts.
- Ensured Error logs and audit tables are generated and populated properly
- Performed UAT and Regression Testing.
- Involved in Troubleshooting, resolving and escalating data related issues and validating data to improve data quality.
- Tracking and reporting the issues to project team and management during test cycles.
- Updating and maintaining existing test Matrix and test cases based on code changes and enhancements to assigned applications.
- Contribute in the development of knowledge transfer documentation.
QA ETL CONSULTANT
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICAPOWERCENTER, SAP-BO (4.0), FORCE.COM, SQLSERVER, ORACLEHP-QC, INFORMATION STEWARD.ETL BODI.
- Responsible for creating complete test cases, test plans, test data, and reporting status ensuring accurate coverage of requirements and business processes.
- Analyzing requirements and creating and executing test cases
- Involved in ETL process testing using Informatica ETL tool.
- Test Case Execution and Adhoc testing
- Performed Integration, End-to-End, system testing
- Developing Automated Test Scripts to perform Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing
- Involving in writing SQL queries and Database Checkpoints to verify data quality and calculations, reviews
- Performed data validation testing writing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex queries in Teradata SQL assistant to check the data from Source and Target.
- Supported the extraction, transformation and load process (ETL) for a Data Warehouse from their legacy systems using Informatica.
- Working on Quality Center for creating and documenting Test Plans and Test Cases and register the expected results
- Experience assessing testing processes, creating and implementing testing strategies in UAT phase.
- Using HP Quality Center for storing, maintaining the test repository, bug tracking and reporting
- Preparing documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects
- Developed UNIX scripts to validate the flat files and to automate the manual test cases.
- Developing Test Matrix to give a better view of testing effort
ETL QA CONSULTANT
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICAPOWERCENTER, MAINFRAMES DB2, SQL SERVER, Sap BO, CRYSTAL REPORTS Hp QC, SAP ECC, ORACLE, TOAD, SQL PLUS
- Performing manual testing by performing the operations mentioned in the design steps. Compared the expected results with the actual outcome and recorded the results.
- Working with the Development team for process improvement and release planning
- Analyzed application data using the SQL to identify the ETL processes
- Modifying and creating SQL Queries and stored procedures for quality assurance and analysis.
- Worked with data analysts to implement Informatica mappings and workflows, shell scripts and stored procedures to meet business requirements.
- Performing backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases.
- Wrote and modified SQL validation scripts, and writing scripts in SQL to validate the outputs.
- Extensively worked on Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters, Workflow Variables and Session Parameters to extract only the additional data added during that period.
- Wrote complex queries to compare the counts and data from source to target.
- Created some macros in Teradata to load the test data in to Target tables.
- Formulating the QA plan for black box testing of the application including Functional, Regression, Integration, Systems and User Acceptance Testing.
- Performing database testing to verify backend database transactions.
- Wrote complex queries in Teradata SQL assistant to analyze the data
- Coordinating user acceptance testing activities for business groups and IT.
- Involving in communication between UAT team members, business leaders, and IT.
- Participates in application release planning and status sessions.
QA ETL AS SCRUM master
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA, SQLSERVER, TOAD, SQLPLUS, HPQC, REDWOOD, AUTOSYS MAINFRAMES DB2, SQL SERVER, ORACLE, Sap BO.
- Involved in the meeting with business analysts and Marketing team for requirement gathering in Definition Stage.
- Gathered and Analyzed Functional and Performance requirements.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Extracted test data by understanding relational database design diagrams Created.
- Designed, Created and executed manual Test Cases.
- Reviewed Test cases for automation and provided inputs about the scope of Automation.
- Prepared documentation about the automation suite architecture.
- Peer Review of the scripts and made recommendations for updates if any.
- Performed extensive backend testing by writing Complex SQL queries.
- Setup the Performance test environment with the support of technical team.
- Created manual & automated test cases for testing web services.
- Prepared documentation for some of the recurring defects and resolutions and business comments for those defects
- Assist QA Team with defining and implementing a defect resolution process including defect priority, severity, next steps, and assigned owner
- Created detailed periodic Status Reports for senior management to keep them posted on the progress of implementation
- Wrote SQL queries to test the data in database using TOAD and validated the data
QA ETL TESTER
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA POWERCENTER, SQLSERVERSAP, Oracle 10g, Sap BO, Crystal report, Sql Server, HP QC, ETL, MAINFRAMES
- Developed complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules.
- Performed Metadata Analysis by Data Profiling and acted as a data steward in maintaining the quality metrics on a continuous basis.
- Conducted Data Migration and Data Cleansing.
- Responsible for creating different sessions and workflows to load the data to Data Warehouse using Informatics Workflow Manager.
- Used Master Data Management (MDM) technology, tools to create and maintain consistent and accurate lists of Master.
- Responsible for Import and Export databases between Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Text, or SQL.
- Extensively tested the reports for data accuracy and universe related errors.
- Used SQL tools to run SQL queries and validate the data loaded in to the target tables.
- Validated the data of reports by developing SQL queries in SQL Developer against Data Mart tables and ODS.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Wrote data conversion and data migration scripts for ETL process
- Created ETL execution scripts for automating jobs.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Worked on creating various reporting using crystal reports according to end user requirements
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
Jr ETL QA Engineer
ENVIRONMENT: INFORMATICA, BO, BODI, ORACLE 10g, Crystal report, WEB I, HP QC, Universe, SQL SERVER, DB2
- Work closely with business users to gather requirements, define project specifications, develop implementation and test plans for the projects & enhancements.
- Designed, created and tested reports to meet business requirements.
- Documented business workflows textually as well as in UML diagrams (State diagrams) according to RUP, for the stakeholder review
- Produced the visual models for the application to create use cases, state charts, sequence diagrams and activity diagrams.
- Created quarterly reports for each department in respect of their adherence to standard operating procedures and audit manuals
- Worked with ETL group for understating mappings for dimensions and facts.
- Documented and maintained RTM to ensure that all requirements are traceable from top to bottom and to provide a basis for test plan.
- Performed Data Analysis, writing SQL Queries for Testing and Troubleshooting against Data Warehouse.
- Created data mapping documents mapping Logical Data Elements to Physical Data Elements and Source Data Elements to Destination Data Elements.
- Maintained documentation related to difficulties, complexities and anomalies that may arise during the ETL process.
- Ability to analyze root cause of a problem and demonstrate good sense when handing the problem over to development.