- Accomplished Team Leader with extensive experience in QA management and quality assurance activities inclusive of developing test plan, mobile apps testing, test strategy and compilation of test metrics for projects spanning across diversified domains.
- Experience in managing migrations, releases and deployments to both QA and production environments.
- Operates well in a cross - team paradigm or an agile environment and can brief management and clients clearly, concisely, and with confidence.
- Possesses a unique combination of technical skills and experience with superior verbal and written communications abilities.
- Quality conscious professional with proven track record of planning / delivering automated test suites and process improvements resulting in effort reduction and productivity improvement.
- Experience in evaluating vendor tools and making recommendations for additional features
- Experience in Virtualization and Packaging Tools.
- Experience applying best-fit methods and models for priority setting and problem solving.
Release Management| Automation Development| AWS| BDD| Web+ Mobile Testing| Code Coverage Testing| API Testing |Testing Techniques | Scrum Practices
- Automation Tools
- Test Planning
- Test Automation
- Coded UI
- Web and Rest Services
- SDLC Workflows
- Saas + Mobile apps + Ads
- SVN, GIT
- Code Coverage
- SOAP UI services
- E- commerce
- Production Support
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Managing releases, deployments and present recommendations on process improvements across projects.
- Improvising quality of QA processes and proposing QA workflow.
- Deliver test estimates and establish the QA roadmap.
- Responsible for yearly and quarterly reviews, resource balance and QA budget.
- Mentoring new team members and bringing them up to the speed.
- Drive user story elicitation and elaboration, back log grooming, refinement and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Creating Jenkins jobs for automations and maintaining the build box.
- Testing E-commerce and mobile apps.
- Developed automation framework using Selenium and SOAP which is being leveraged across organization.
- Design testcase workflow and handle test plans, software quality processes, procedures for different projects.
- Leading QA meetings and making sure QA is not impeded for any releases and sign offs.
- Responsible for vendor management and selecting new automation tools to bring in house.
- Setting automation standards while improvising and maintaining processes and standards.
- Reviewing the automation code for the team.
- Production support: Investigated customer bugs and created tickets to resolve issue.
- Participating in sprint planning, release planning, daily stand-ups, product demos and retrospectives.
- Analysis of new enhancements and requirements followed by helping the team in writing test plans, test cases and final sign-off.
- Designed and maintained Test plans, Software Quality Processes and Procedures.
- Developed test scripts using Python and PowerShell.
- Participated in the end user demo sessions and point of contact for any end user issues.
- Headed the exercise to collect new ideas and requirements from the customers.
- Analyzed and prioritized customer requests on issues locked.
- Analysis of new enhancements and Requirements followed by creation of test plan and test cases
- Developed and modified automation test cases and Automation frame work using C# for better quality and improve coverage of given features.
- Debug the system and narrow down problems and identify possible mitigation strategy.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Designed and maintained Test plans, Software Quality Processes and Procedures along with Leading the team and resource-balance.
- Preparation of Test estimates and schedules for Major Releases.
- Participated in sprint planning, product owner demos and retrospectives.
- Tested and coordinating testing for both Web and Desktop applications.
- Tested applications on devices using Cloud test light.
- Deployed applications through SCCM.
- Packaged off shore apps.
- Actively participated in Vendor demo sessions and vendor management; played major role in evaluation of the tools and in requesting new feature requests.
- Tested Audio/Video for Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player components and automating.
- Virtualized and verified the compatibility of the applications and analyzed the results.
- Analysis of new enhancements and Requirements followed by creation of test plan and test cases;tested modified and automated tets cases
Senior QA Engineer
- Wrote test plans and test cases for various releases.
- Point of contact for testing and delivering of Hot fixes.
- Developed test scripts using PowerShell.
- Preparation of Test estimates and schedules for Major Releases, Service Packs and Patch releases.
- Tested and qualified the product for major releases including fix packs and Hot fix, Regressions, upgrade, performance, Sanity Adhoc and XOG (XML OPEN GATEWAY) testing.
- Performed web service testing using SOAP UI.
- Analysis of new enhancements and testing them along with Automating and modifying the Test cases.
- Prepared status reports and ensured timely delivery of the Deliverables.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Test Requirement Analysis: Detailed Study of the Client’s request on the logged issues and understand the criticality of the issues supported the bug fixes throughout the project.
- Prepared test Cases for the appropriate applications affected by particular release (Packages) and sending the Weekly Consolidated Status Report after Review.
- Performed Code Coverage Testing and Code Coverage Data Analysis using internal MS tools.
- Packaged the applications and built the image.
- Reviewed the test results, Automation Code of the team members and submit the reviewed reports along with prioritizing the issues, Leading the team and resource-balance.
- Coordinated the migration of the operating system and the testing of applications on the latest version of the operating system.
- Coordinated the imaging team and scheduled the deployments per the project specific requirements.
- Developed and modified automation test cases and Automation frame work using C# to ensure better quality and improve coverage of given features.
- Automated video testing for Windows Media Center.
- Worked on Regression, Migration and Adhoc testing.
- Debugged the system in both user and kernel modes.
- Wrote Test cases by analyzing the impacted areas of the Operating System and also by understanding the functionality of the components.
- Identified, Investigated, reproduced and Triaged the user issues. Debugged the system to narrow down problems and identify possible mitigation strategy.
- Made recommendations on increasing test coverage and/or shortening execution time.