- Overall 9+ years of experience in Software Testing, Quality Assurance of various e - commerce applications, web- based applications, mobile app and client/server applications.
- American Software Testing Qualifications Board (ASTQB) certified software tester (CTFL)
- Experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle with specific focus on testing
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating web based application and Content Management System based on standards for Software Development and effective QA implementation in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), Agile Methodology.
- Identified requirement issues and there by reducing the system testing effort.
- Reviewed test scenarios from the requirements and developed the test cases.
- Technical proficiency in the Application Testing teamed with Business Requirements Analysis, Application Design, Data Modeling, and Development.
- Efficiently executed the test cases using manual tools and logged the defects in the bug tracking tools.
- Developed Traceability Matrix from test cases to requirements.
- Identified critical and blocking defects in functional, integration, system and UAT testing and reported the defects in bug tracking tools.
- Developed and executed database test cases and stored procedures.
- Executed Sanity test plans, Unit test cases and verified the defects.
- Validated critical businesses rules and lead the team to finish deliverables on schedule.
- Done manual testing to Troubleshoot systems, Integration, User Acceptance, Positive and Negative, Functionality, Object, and Regression
- Proficient in: HP Quality Center10, Test Director and, QC Reports, Microsoft Office Suite 2007, Oracle and SQL Server,TFS
- Ability to work in well in fast paced and in dynamic team environment. Attended training on Informatica Power Center 9.5
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7 & Vista, UNIX
Microsoft Office Tools: Microsoft Office Suite 2007
Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, VB 6.0
RDBMS/DBMS: Oracle-9i, Ms-Access, SQL Server 2000
Front End Tools: Developer 2000 Reports 6.0, Forms 6.0
Testing Tools: Selenium2.4,Quality Center, Test Director, Informatica 9.0Bug Tracking Tools: VSS, Test Director and QC
- Review business requirements, functional specifications and translating into testing requirements.
- Implemented iterative testing using Agile Methodologies.
- Writing Test plan documents and implementing the plan.
- Using Rally as defect management tool for adding defect and tracing the changes and closing the defects.
- Backend testing by writing queries in SQL.
- Attend daily scrum to update the status on daily QA activities to assure that all project testing activities remain as effective as they can be.
- Involved in Web Services Testing.
- Validating out going XML messages.
Environment: Windows 7, IE11, Rally, Telerik, Agile, Rational Synergy,MS SQL, Microsoft Share point 2013Confidential
- Analyzed user requirements and software requirement specifications documents for writing test cases for newly developed apps in Test Link, involved in testing apps on different android tablets.
- Implemented iterative testing using Agile Methodologies for HF Profile, MA Protocol, A2DP, AVRCP.
- Developed test cases for testing the Bluetooth connection between Tablet & various types of handheld devices.
- Used JIRA as defect management tool for adding defect and tracing the changes executed manual test scripts.
- Maintain Process flow documentation as process changes are implemented.
- Responsible for Primary development of test strategies, create test plan for the project.
- Providing Specific guidance on defects to developers.
- Interpret, communicate and document conclusion gained from examining data analysis and trends.
Environment: Windows 7, Android, C-sharp, Test Link, Jira, RenoraxConfidential, Schaumburg, IL
Senior QA Analyst
- Analyzed user requirements and software requirement specifications documents
- Implemented iterative testing using Agile Methodologies
- Performed a thorough analysis of business requirements, functional requirements and technical requirements to develop robust End-to-End test plans, test conditions, cases and scenarios
- Used QC as defect management tool for adding defect and tracing the changes executed manual test scripts.
- Developed test cases, test scenarios and user flow for various types of handheld devices.
- Testing the responsive design web sites in mobiles, tablets on iOS, Windows and Android platforms in different browsers.
- Conduct cross browser testing for desktop websites on IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
- Ran regression tests to verify bug fixes, analyzed test results and created test summary reports.
- Performed End-to-End, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Content Management System verification.
- Developed manual test cases for Positive, Negative and Functional testing.
- Performed Unit-testing, User Acceptance and Integration testing of the application
- Conducted test executions manually, evaluated test results, and attended daily meetings to discuss the high severity defects with the developers. Worked with cross-functional teams to resolve issues.
- Coordinated the issues with the technical team and raised the defects in QA doc.
- Created a variety of user-defined functions in compiled modules to promote reusability
- Trained the new teammates on CMS and the QA process needs to be followed.
- Prepared test status report and weekly status report.
Environment: Windows 7, SmartQ, MS Office. Java Script, PHP, HTML, CSS, SmartQ, Xenu, PingdomConfidential, CA
- Experience in the use of agile approaches Scrum, participating in daily SCRUM meetings and acquiring the daily status of testing.
- Creating SQL queries for testing Source to target count testing, duplicate row check testing.
- Tested a number of complex ETL mappings, mapplets and reusable transformations for daily data loads.
- Creating test cases for ETL mappings and design documents for production support.
- Prepared daily status reports with details of executed, passed, and failed test cases and defect status.
- Responsible for communicating with Development Team, Technical Support, Business Support in order to resolve the issues.
- Make sure system doesn’t violate HIPAA rules.
- Testing the CellTrak mobile app and different mobile & Ipads in landscape & portrait mode.
- Uploading applications to handsets. App can be accessed on Mobile, Mobile browser and web browser.
- Testing of the mobile app while chat conversations, sending/receiving picture messages, sending SMS from the chat, calling from the conversation
- Testing the installation of the mobile app, launching the application without having network, uninstallation of the app, and orientation of app if it supports, application response.
- Provides the analysis of moderate key performance indicators, operational data and scorecards.
- Performing the security testing regarding Access to Application, data protection, Brute-Force attacks.
Environment: Object C, MS SQL, iOS, Xcode, Android, My SQL, TFSConfidential
Senior QA Analyst
- Worked closely with Business analysts to identify functional requirements to write test scripts to the new functionality and for change requests.
- Conducted Test Coordination meetings Communicated with QA team members and developers to resolve testing issues.
- Developed and executed the test cases for functional and regression testing of the application (black & gray box)
- Tested web sites for functionality, GUI, usability, navigation, cross browser testing and OS compatibility
- Updated web content as needed and communicated timely and relevant information to customers.
- Performed risk analysis and reported issues by the client and communicate back to the development team
- Used Mercury Quality center for defect logging, analysis and tracking in defect life cycle.
- Utilize knowledge of Java to execute automation test scripts using Selenium
- Automate Test Cases and create Test Suites locally within Eclipse for Functional, Integration, Regression, and Browser Compatibility, using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG.
- Performed migration testing by running SQL queries to check the table row count, data loaded in the target database, all entities are transformed correctly or not and checking the functionality with target database.
Environment: Java, Java Script, J2EE, Selenium 2.4, Quality Center 8.2, MS SQL Server, Oracle database.Confidential
- Involved in testing Account Receivables, General ledger, Account Payables, Billing, HR, Benefits and Payroll modules
- Involved in writing, executing Functional, Regression and System Integrated Testing, Browser compatibility testing.
- Responsible for Configuration management for payroll and HR Benefits modules and keeping track of the enhancements/change requests made by the user
- Accomplished tracking and reporting defects and maintained traceability matrix using rational clear quest.
- Involved in running regression automation suite using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to retrieve data and executed back end testing and checking referential integrity.
- As the member of CCB, accomplished the setting of quality standards and evaluated the product to attain the quality.
Environment: Java, QTP 9.5, Rational Clear Quest tool, My SQL, Oracle database, .NetConfidential
- Accomplished Verification of Interface Requirement Specification, Interface Design Description documents and flowcharts, Software Test Plans and Test Documents.
- Analyzing and understanding the Requirement Specification, Mapping of functional requirements with design implementation to identify gaps
- Involved in peer reviews and code walkthrough
- Wrote acceptance test plan for signoff by customer
- Maintained Defect reports using Test Director traceability matrix
Environment: COBOL, Ration Clear Quest, and Test DirectorConfidential
- Understanding the specifications of the software product
- Simulate circuits using HP-VEE tools for the required specifications
- Writing code to call the procedures in simulated system.
- Testing Programmable Logic Controllers from Finite State Machines speci cation.
- Reported software defects via Bugzilla bug tracking system, performed bug verification testing
- Review Test Plan Document and to ensure full coverage of acceptance criteria to be met during testing. Creation of re-usable SIT Test Cases, involved in reviews Test case.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend.
Environment: C, C++, FoxPro2.5, and Bigzilla