- Over 10 years of experience in Quality Assurance using web based, client/server and data warehouse applications with strong business understanding knowledge of Financial/Banking, Telecom, Healthcare, Insurance.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Key expertise includes test automation, manual testing, hardware testing, Data warehouse testing. Debugging GUI, multi - application environment using Quality Center and QTP/Selenium on Windows and Linux environment.
- Expertise in preparing test plans, test scenarios, test documentation and test cases.
- Experience in Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Backend Testing, White Box & Black Box Testing, UAT and System Testing.
- Expertise in QA Methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Possess strong problem analysis skills with ability to follow project standards.
- Experienced in database applications of SQL Server 2012, TOAD 12.0.
- Strong skills in languages like SQL, HTML, XML.
- Good communication skills and flexible to adept to any new environment and work on any project.
QA Tools: QC/ALM 12.5, QC 11.0, 9.2, QTP 9.2, Selenium IDE/ WebDriver
Defect Tracking Tools: VSTFS, JIRA
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows10, Linux, MS IIS
Data Base: Oracle 12.0 and MS Access
MS Suite: MS Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Front Page, MS project andOutlook
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Web Technologies: VB.NET, ASP.NET, XML, HTML, WebServices, VMware
Tools: MS SQL Server 2012, TOAD 12.0, SoapUI, Altova XML SPY, Ultra Edit,FileZilla
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. QA Lead
- Oversee and manage all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Works with project team to define and create overall strategy and ensures that it is being achieved
- Worked with offshore teams to define test process including required test activities and deliverables
- Identifies test resources, estimates test effort and defines test schedule and milestones
- Involved in Scrum meetings as a Scrum master.
- Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the Vendors and test team to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Oversees determination of need, selection and implementation, and maintenance of QA tools
- Analyzed the user stories based on detail acceptance criteria for the corresponding Sprint.
- Developed and executed test cases, scripts, test plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Developed Selenium IDE Commands: Asserting the elements, Verifying the elements, WaitFor elements, Storing the elements
- Design and development of automation framework using Selenium WebDriver
- Extensively developed complex SQL queries and Joins for validating data in Database using TOAD tool & MS SQL Server 2012 to connect to database to execute SQL queries.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/ IP
- Support Business users by providing UAT scenarios, Test data and help/support if any technical issues arise during UAT.
- Coordinate with DEV and BA on open defects and discuss on defect fixes and releases to complete work on time.
- Provide weekly/daily reports of test effort to entire team.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, MS ISS, TOAD 12.0, Altova XML SPY, Selenium IDE, JAVA, Python, Ultra Edit, SOAP UI, Quality Center,Linux, Windows 7, VMware, SharePoint.Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. SQA Engineer
- Developed test cases from requirements, Functional Specifications and Design Documents.
- Performed test plans and test strategy based on requirement scope.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Acceptance testing, Unit testing, System testing and E2E Testing of the application.
- Prepared and Executed Test cases through Quality Center and reported defects using Quality Center
- Developed and executed SQL queries to perform bank end testing.
- Validate scanned documents that are stored automated system.
- Performed Hardware Testing by installing builds on hardware product eScan machine.
- Involved and scheduled walkthrough meetings / defect Triage meeting with BA, DEV and QA test team to discuss on defects.
Environment: Quality Center, SQL, Windows 7, JIRA, SharePoint. XML notepad, JavaConfidential, Austin, TX
Sr. Software Tester
- Designed test cases from requirements, Functional Specifications and Design Documents.
- Reviewed test cases with developers and business analyst.
- Performed Hardware Testing by installing the application on different build bases.
- Created Test Data for testing various kinds of Test Scenarios.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing and E2E Testing of the application.
- Executed Test cases through Quality Center
- Managed defects using Quality Center and TFS
- SQL Queries were used to validate data at the back end.
- Worked with offshore teams.
- Prepared the weekly status report and test summary report
Environment: Quality Center, XML, Altova, DiffDog, TOAD, Oracle9i, SQL Server 2000, JAVA, Windows 7, VSTFS, SharePoint.Confidential, Overland Park, KS
Sr. QA Tester
- Created Test cases and Traceability Matrices for all functional requirements.
- Developed and executed various test cases based on the requirement documents covering all Business Scenarios.
- Performed Data Driven Tests with positive and negative test scenarios
- Modified / enhanced the script using different checkpoints in QTP to handle complex test scenarios.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Database Testing, Smoke Testing, Usability Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing and E2E Testing of the application.
- Used QTP to perform Regression Testing when the build comes with defect fixes
- Performed mobile testing on Android based devices in WAN environment.
- Used Quality Center and JIRA to report bugs and defect tracking.
- Performed Back End Testing to validate the data using SQL queries.
- Maintained detailed test logs and report test results in Quality Center.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Java, Selenium IDE, Webservices, VB Script, BEA Web Logic Server, XML, Altova, DiffDog, TOAD, Oracle9i, SQL, VMware, Windows XP, Linux.Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. QA Tester
- Responsible for gathering Business Use Cases from Business Analysts and Functional Managers.
- Designed Test cases from Requirements, Functional Specifications and Design Documents.
- Executed Test cases and managed defects through Quality Center
- Conducted various types of testing like Functionality, GUI and regression testing.
- Performed manual testing and automated testing using Mercury QTP to test the functionality of the application
- Performed screen navigational functionality testing for the online Account opening and Loan application by creating Web Verifications for HTML Link Objects.
- Wrote parameterized test cases using QTP to test Online Credit Check functionality using a dummy data from the database. Performed manual testing for Savings module.
- Tested functionality of the application by inserting various check points like standard check points, text check points, table check points, image check points, and database check points in QTP.
- Prepared the weekly status report and test summary report
Environment: Quality Center, JIRA, QTP, Java, Webservices, Toad, WebSphere, VB.Net, XML, Oracle 9i, SQL Plus, Altova, Diffdog, Windows XP, MQ-series.Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked on the test plan, which specified the testing overview, approach, strategy, and scope of testing. Also worked on system requirements as well as business requirements interface to prepare test cases for integration and system testing.
- As a team member responsible for testing the entire application manually as per business requirements.
- Provided technical directions to team members to meet the dead lines.
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing to test the web pages for Broken links, Frame Properties, Table Properties, URL Links, Images and Text.
Environment: Quality Center, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VB, XML, DHTML, SQL, ClearQuest, Web Logic server, Windows 98/2000/XP.Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Developed test cases using Test Director and Quality Center to cover overall QA testing
- Documented test cases, performed Manual Testing and added, Reviewed and Traced defects till completion using TestDirector
- Prepared data sheet for the Parameterized values in the QTP scripts for multiple scenarios
- Captured the Java threads and exceptions in the application logs for the analysis
- Collected the information and compiled the reports in the Excel Spread Sheet for reporting
- Summarized and did weekly reports of test plan and metrics
Environment: TestDirector, Quality Center, Java, J2EE, HTML, WebSphere, XML, SQL, Windows XP, UNIX, Linux, SharePoint, XML notepad