- 5+ years of experience in IT industry as a Test Engineer.
- Proficient in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Designs and Test Cases for both Manual and Automation testing. Expertise in developing, documenting, reviewing and understanding of Business/Functional & Testing requirements and writing Test Plan and executing test cases manually as well as generating automated scripts using Selenium.
- Worked on Insurance, Finance Planning Services and Healthcare applications. Automation skills in both UI and service level Experience in Selenium IDE, Grid. Experience in Selenium Web driver.
- Worked on Web applications testing using Selenium IDE, and Selenium RC Server, Selenium Grid/Web Driver Testing, SOAPUI, Junit/TestNG, QTP/UFT.
- Performed Web Debugging techniques for creating Selenium WebDriver scripts - XPath, Firebug, FireFinder, Firepath and CSS Selector.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC (Software Testing Life cycle).
- Extensive experience in coordinating testing effort, responsible for test deliverables, status reporting to management and issue escalations.
- Extensive experience in QA Principles and Processes, Methodologies, Test strategies, Metrics and Measurements, worked through each and every phase of Testing Life cycle, beginning with planning to the release of the product.
- Experience in testing database applications of RDBMS in Oracle and MS SQL Server by executing SQL Queries.
- Experience in Agile Development Environment for automating user stories in various iterations.
- Experience in -Defect Tracking, Report Generation, Exporting and Importing of Test Cases in Excel format, Preparation of Requirement Traceability Matrix, Generation and Execution of scripts.
- Proficient in Java and Well acquainted with the OOPS concepts - Encapsulation, Abstraction, Inheritance and Polymorphism.
- Strong Knowledge in using HP ALM.
- Experience on Facets knowledge along with benefits and provider contracts.
- Hands on experience for Mobile Apps Testing in Manual and Automation testing of IOS and Android mobile application and also used Appium for IOS and Android based native applications.
- Experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance and Production testing.
- Experienced in Database Testing using interfaces like TOAD and SQL Navigator.
- Ability to document and track defects as well as produce detailed reports using defect-tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Experience in ServiceNow, knowledge of ServiceNow Test Framework ‘ATF’.
- Advanced understanding of open source web frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js.
- Performed Smoke testing, Functional Testing, System Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with clear understanding of business Processes and ability to work as a part of team or independent.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in tighter schedules and on different applications concurrently.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with customers with ease and professionalism.
- Interacted with Business users regarding Business Requirements.
Testing/Test Management /Defect Management tools/others: Selenium 2 Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP/UFT) 11, Load Runner 11, JIRA, Quality Center/ALM 11, Clear Quest, SOAP UI, Bugzilla, SVN/GIT, Eclipse, Jenkins CI.
Web Browsers & Servers & Operating Systems: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Windows, Linux, Unix, VM Ware.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, UML
Database: Oracle R12, MS Access, DB2, SQL Server 2008
Microsoft Tools: MS Office, UML, Rational Rose, Adobe Acrobat, MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft FrontPage, Fire bug, Fire Path, IE Developer Toolkit and HTML
Testing Strategies: Integration, Unit, System, Black Box, White Box, UAT.
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential, Durham, NC
- Design and create test strategies.
- Develop manual and automated test scripts based on test cases using industry-standard test tools.
- Create test plans, data, and test procedures within an existing QA and UAT team.
- Participate in reviews of business specifications, time estimates and related documentation meetings.
- Participate in reviews of user interface; assess the usability of assigned subsystems.
- Execute manual and automated test scripts using ATM TestNG selenium/java Framework.
- Used java concepts like Exception handling, IO to automate business logic scenarios.
- Used the core java concepts like Polymorphism and Inheritance.
- Build Continuous Integration distribution system with Jenkins/GIT Stash and Source tree.
- Validated web services manually and through automation using SOAP UI (XML).
- Performed Web Service API testing for UI content verification and validation with business logic XML Schema.
- Worked on SQL testing for verifying front end and backend data.
- Participated in various production install activites and interacted with development and customer support teams.
- Worked on servicenow - IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and framework.
- Generate automated defects, metrics, and reports.
- Worked on Jmeter for testing functional behavior and measure performance.
- Worked with penetration testing team and worked on functional point of testing for security defects.
- Worked on Agile/Scrum Methodology involved in daily scrums, Back log grooming, User story demos, attended retrospective meetings and worked on Iterations/Sprints part of releases.
Environment: Selenium/Java, HP Quality Center,Jmeter, Oracle SQL,Jmeter, JIRA, Jenkins, SOAP UI, HttpWatch, Microfocus Rumba 8.1,Agile Methodology, ServiceNow.Confidential, Dallas, TX
Test Automation Engineer
- Conducted Automation/manual testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Well versed in different kind of transactions like line level, Issuance, Policy Changes, Renewals, Rewrites, reinstatements and cancellations for both Fire and Auto policies.
- Preparing Test Scenarios based on RSM (Requirements Specification Matrix) and thoroughly working with Business Analysts.
- Developed some test scripts using Selenium Web Driver, WAT, ample use of Firebug to map HTML pages and Selenium to document reports, test results. Use of "Parameterization" techniques for a "Data driven" test. All development had done using Spring Source Tool Suite (STS).
- Involved in automating the generation of Logs through specific verification points of the policy Center.
- Used SOAP UI to test the integration layers established between Frontend UI and servers.
- Worked under safe agile methodologies and used Version One as the tool for tracking the sprint related work.
- Used Java based library JXL to read test data, used method overloading and method overriding concepts in writing automated scenarios.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in TRAC.
- Performed white and black box testing using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) testing tools for the typical web service elements.
- Involved in developing Test plan and Test scripts using the business documents in LOTUS NOTES.
- Involved Testing in Agile Development Environment. Implemented Using TDD and ATDD approach.
- Experience in Data Driving and Keyword Driven testing.
- Implemented agility in testing the application using Scrum.
- Performed Different types of testing by checking a different combination of Agents and Underwriters along the policy Center for both Fire and Auto type of transactions.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually and was associated with User Acceptance Testing.
- Used Team Web Access to plan and run the automated test cases using CASCADE.
- Documented and executed Test plans, Test cases and Test scripts based on business requirement document.
- Participated as part of the team in planning and coordinating the testing of the product where I had responsibility for specifically coordinating the test plans (JMETER).
- Prepared test cases for the system covering SRS document, design document, reviewing them with the developers and finalized the test cases.
- Tested REST API Service testing using SOAPUI Groovy framework.
Environment: QTP/UFT, Selenium WebDriver, STS, SQL Server, MS Excel, HTML, Windows, Oracle 10g, MS Office, WAT, JAVA, Unit Testing, Ruby,JMeter, SOAP UI.Confidential
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzing Business Requirements / Features and preparing the Test conditions in HP Quality Center.
- Preparing Test Scenarios.
- Developed QA processes automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver to test Web based user interfaces for different type of browsers.
- Responsible to deal with the errors to make the program error free and conducted Validations for different modules Providers, Claims and Membership.
- Responsible for providing the status updates to the team on daily basis.
- Conducted Test Scenario walkthrough with Onsite development team and with Business.
- Prepared test estimation, test plan, functional and regression test suite for project
- Interacted with developers to follow up on defects and issues.
- Extensively queried through SQL to check the database records.
- Suggested automation process improvements & engaged in framework enhancements.
- Engaged in framework enhancements, code reviews and maintaining deliverable quality.
- Validated the data from Front End to Back End tables in Oracle Database.
- Participated scheduled meetings with Development team and Business analysts.
- Monitor and track high Priority defects on day-to-day basis, write positive and negative test cases, improve traceability, to reduce project risk and increase the quality of the application.
- Systems Integration Testing of web based application, time tracking through electronic gadgets (devices and mobiles).
Environment: Selenium, QTP, SQL Server, JIRA, MS Excel, HTML, Windows, Eclipse, Java.Confidential
- Developed and maintained Test Documentation including Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Data and log defects using Rally.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Participated in Requirement meetings (RSD) and Detail Design meetings (DDD) to understand the functional requirements of the APPLICATION to come up with test scenarios, test flow and test procedures
- Created and executed the test scripts with Java/Junit for Server-side APIs.
- Created automation scripts in SOAP UI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Involved validating sites across browsers and operating systems, the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications.
- Performed Regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using Selenium RC.
- Responsible for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Used Selenium RC framework with java plug-in to generate automated test scripts for functional testing, GUI testing and enhancing the existing scripts.
- Used Rational Quality Manager(RQM) for status updates and project information for synchronizing teamwork through life cycle.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Executed automation tests in development and QA environment.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from oracle database.
- Co-ordinate review meetings to resolve bug RELATED issues with the developers.
- Conducted numeric, non-numeric and limits data validation using positive and negative data.
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.