- With over 5 years of experience in software testing, I have acquired many skills.
- Experienced in reviewing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Cases documents with project team to ensure test scope covers the business requirements.
- Extensively experienced with Code Deployment in various Test environments.
- Proficient in conducting Cross - browser, cross-platform tests for Mobile/Web applications for maximum compatibility.
- Experienced with Agile, Waterfall and other rapid application development methods.
- Experienced in planning, coordinating and performing Black box and Grey box testing.
- Experienced in Functional, GUI, Sanity, Integration, Regression, and System testing of the complex systems involving multiple applications and platforms.
- Experienced in performing administrative role in HP ALM/Quality Center using Site Admin to create and customize projects, set up users, passwords, e-mail notifications and uploaded Test requirements, Test scenarios and Test cases.
- Expertise in ALM/ Quality Center for Testing and Defect Tracking.
- Proficient with SQL/PL SQL Queries for Database Back-End testing.
- Experienced in Front-End Testing, Functionality Testing, and Data Driven Testing using QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in QTP/UFT to Developed reusable functional libraries which are used in different scripts.
- Expertise in Test Automation using HP QTP/UFT.
- Extensively experienced in Designing & Developing Automation Frameworks in QTP/UFT.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical/critical thinking abilities, result-oriented, reliable, quick learner, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and capable of effectively handling multiple ongoing projects.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Great Communication Skills
- Great Leadership skills
- Strong computer Skills
- Great Mathematical Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Strong work ethic
Testing Tools: ALM, UFT, JIRA, HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux
Confidential, Reston, VA
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in QA processes, test strategies and wrote documents like Test plan, Test procedures and test scenarios based on the test requirements.
- Developed an integrated Test Plan covering the main functions of the designated parts of the application.
- Involved in design, development and implementation of System Interface testing and regression testing.
- Developed testing procedures used to verify that functionality was according to requirements.
- Involved in all phases of the development of the project, maintenance & production support.
- Created Test Plans and Test Cases in HP ALM for the Functional, Integration, end-to-end, Usability, Security and smoke testing.
- Used HP ALM to track and log bugs, and participated in Product kick-off meetings.
- Prepared documentation for assigned projects and followed software release procedures, requirements analysis using ALM for importing specifications and documents.
- Performed Database Validation to check the updated data in the database using SQL quires.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL using TOAD.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data.
- Designed the automation strategy using driver scripts, test case scripts, and subroutine scripts in UFT.
- Performed the Automated testing by using UFT
- Used the check points to enhance the scripts of the testing UFT.
- Wrote automated data-driven Test scripts in UFT to efficiently carry out GUI, functional, data driven, Integration, Smoke and regression testing.
- Maintained and enhanced the existing VB Scripts for regression testing.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) spanning across various departments using SOAP UI.
- Developed various re-usable Business components: Record and playback, parameterize data values, added Checkpoints and custom Reporter.
- Maintained the Object Repository files across various releases.
Environment: ALM, UFT, JIRA, Java Script, VB Script, PHP, Windows, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, UNIX.
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked with business analysts to develop test scenarios from functional specifications.
- Involved in the development of iterative and detailed project management plans and schedules.
- Developed, documented and implemented QA standards for assigned applications.
- Possessed thorough technical and operational knowledge within the QA area of responsibility.
- Developed Test strategy based on business requirements and detailed design documents.
- Worked closely with clients in gathering requirements creating Scenarios and test data.
- Used Quality Center to manage/analyze stories & project wall.
- Reported and managed software defects using Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Used complex SQL queries to validate work and data flows from the old to the new database.
- Validated Web services using QTP by testing XML requests.
- Handled Dynamic Objects using Descriptive Programming in QTP using VBScript.
- Executed test scripts to perform Regression and Functional testing using QTP.
- Inserted Checkpoints and Synchronization points using QTP.
- Handled customized objects using Object identification in QTP and used Regular Expressions.
- Discussed with developer and business analyst before developing Test Plan.
- Mapped and customized MQC prior to importing Test Cases from excel sheet.
- Established standards and best practices for the QA Team.
- Responsible for automated test scripts review meeting.
- Participated in enhancements meetings focused at making the application more reliable.
- Understood the Testing Effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Participated in Release Requirement Analysis and Design review meetings.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Java, Java Script, Oracle, SQL Server, VB Script, MS Office, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Evaluated and analyzed Test results to identify areas of regression Testing.
- Tested Applications, bug fixes and new features from the team of developers.
- Developed Test data, performed Test data analysis, and prepare reports of test results.
- Created and communicated process for Testing Approach.
- Worked directly with engineering team to develop Test strategy and Test plans.
- Performed Black Box, Regression, Functional, smoke and System Testing.
- Assigned risk level to all test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Executed complete manual testing using HP Quality Center and marked Test Cases with test status.
- Completed Back end Testing was performed using SQL queries to verify the Integrity of the database.
- Created Test Automation Scripts using Mercury QTP for Regression and Integration testing.
- Created, updated and maintained QTP Regression and integration testing automation scripts in QC.
- Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI and Data Driven Testing using QTP.
- Worked actively in uploading files with Business team in User Acceptance testing (UAT) for project releases.
- Reported on testing progress, test coverage and status to the team.
- Interacted with internal and external customers both on site and remotely.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, HTML, Java, Oracle, Windows, Java Script, VB Script, Web Services, UNIX.